PDA

View Full Version : Trion consider making co op maps harder and giving each 15k xp reward

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Think it over I GUARENTEE ALOT OF THE DEFIANCE POPULATION WILL BE SATISFIED

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:25 AM
All in favor say i

Miserere
05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
BANANAS!

But yeah. I would like a little harder Co-Ops or at least the option to make it more difficult. I am happy to hear that they are at least putting loot for the last boss.

Myst
05-11-2013, 07:28 AM
I don't like Bananas...

Like I said in Sledge's stream when he was fighting a hulker

"There should be like....5 of these guys." In that one little area :p ( Solepter Excavation )

Shadewhip
05-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Um, ok. Are you trying to be a "gangsta" in your pictures or something? It's not working, just saying.

On topic: Just add a separate mode, called "elite mode" where enemies hit harder, have greater numbers and bosses have more advanced tactics. Finishing an elite mode, a boss would always drop a purple with a low chance of an orange, and drop "tokens" which if you get enough, can be traded in to an elite mode vendor for something truly epic.

Yenah
05-11-2013, 07:30 AM
BANANAS!

But yeah. I would like a little harder Co-Ops or at least the option to make it more difficult. I am happy to hear that they are at least putting loot for the last boss.

Loot for last boss? Nice.. but yes, playing with Sledge in a co-op last night, I realized something.
I barely ever had to take any sort of cover, my entire strategy was to hold trigger down on my LMG, and slowly walk forward, doing so, I topped the charts each and every one we went to.
I would LOVE to see a "hardmode" of some sort:
Either an increase in the number of enemies, forcing players to think more tactically
Or some sort of more strategic, new co-op maps, that require the group to play as a cohesive unit.

Miserere
05-11-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't like Bananas...

Like I said in Sledge's stream when he was fighting a hulker

"There should be like....5 of these guys." In that one little area :p ( Solepter Excavation )

You like sausages. ;D

But as Shade said, a separate mode called "elite mode" or even "hard mode" where the AI is a little better and you actually have to come up with a strat. It doesn't have to be to a point where you have to incorporate the holy triad but more like "I'll get his attention and you guys run behind".

Myst
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
You like sausages. ;D

This is a trap that I shall not answer!

Miserere
05-11-2013, 07:48 AM
This is a trap that I shall not answer!

Hahaha! <3's

DeMoted
05-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Bad enough I have to carry the other 3 people in my group... Now you want it harder so I have to rez them 30 times a map also?

loops73
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
xp is too easy to get, the last boss should drop some epic loot,like all mmos

Vion Diamonds
05-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Some maps are tough enough I think, but that's because I only play with randoms now due to the fact that when I play with my friends we almost get equal xp each time but with randoms I get more xp:)
But some maps are WAY to easy. I agree!

Gohlar
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Um, ok. Are you trying to be a "gangsta" in your pictures or something? It's not working, just saying.

Yeah the 2nd picture at the bottom comes off as trying way too hard. Desperate for attention much?

Blackwolfe
05-11-2013, 08:34 AM
If it was optional (like a hardmode version), then sure. Otherwise it's fine as it is.

Monkerlotus
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Elite mode sounds nice! Maybe in elite or hardmode I wouldn't be able to sprint ahead of the group and solo the instance with my pistols and bmg! :p

Jack Johnson
05-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah I like the term elite mode. I've been thinking of writing up a suggestions thread about various hard modes, and while I've thought up some cool names for hardmode minor and major arkfalls (hazard and danger arkfalls respectively), I couldn't think up a good name for hard mode co-ops. Elite coop maps sounds pretty good though and gets the message across pretty clearly.

Revrent
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Having the ability to scale up or down a co-op would be a welcome add to the game as well as give people a reason to join a guild (or whatever they are called in Defiance.) Just add a % chance for better item drops and a fixed % increase to exp/script/salvage. Add a sub-set of pursuits, with titles and armor.

Scripting better encounters would help but would be the most time consuming for the developers, but combining the Nim Shondu fight with the environmental targets of Dy'Dekuso would be a start. Or just increasing adds so that simply burning down a target is not a valid strategy...

Name the levels:
Solo
Regular
Special
Supreme
Super+

Welcome Home
Rev.

Jack Johnson
05-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Having the ability to scale up or down a co-op would be a welcome add to the game as well as give people a reason to join a guild (or whatever they are called in Defiance.) Just add a % chance for better item drops and a fixed % increase to exp/script/salvage. Add a sub-set of pursuits, with titles and armor.

Scripting better encounters would help but would be the most time consuming for the developers, but combining the Nim Shondu fight with the environmental targets of Dy'Dekuso would be a start. Or just increasing adds so that simply burning down a target is not a valid strategy...

Name the levels:
Solo
Regular
Special
Supreme
Super+

Welcome Home
Rev.

Don't want to divide the playerbase up too much or cause arguments between what difficulty people wanted to run. Also, it is hard to make a sliding scale for bosses having completely new abilities (say, if the hard mode version of the Soleptor Hulker leaves a trail of fire behind him wherever he runs, what happens in the difficulty between normal and hard? No fire, fire, less damaging fire, or adding breaks in the fire?)

Normal mode and elite mode are probably good for starters.

JonDav
05-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I
Bad enough I have to carry the other 3 people in my group... Now you want it harder so I have to rez them 30 times a map also?

Please super gamer. The co-op in the game is no where near difficult enough for you to be "carrying" people. Damn near all of them can be completed while blindfolded.

Larsmodeus
05-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree, we need a lot harder maps and better rewards, lobby system would be nice too. This game is too easy right now.

Cephious
05-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Unlockable at EGO 1500 or something similar. I feel your frustration, as I have had co-op games with over 15 revives and zero deaths. Love playing with EGO 100s - makes my day.

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM
yeah the 2nd picture at the bottom comes off as trying way too hard. Desperate for attention much?

ignorant much

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 03:42 PM
um, ok. Are you trying to be a "gangsta" in your pictures or something? It's not working, just saying.

On topic: Just add a separate mode, called "elite mode" where enemies hit harder, have greater numbers and bosses have more advanced tactics. Finishing an elite mode, a boss would always drop a purple with a low chance of an orange, and drop "tokens" which if you get enough, can be traded in to an elite mode vendor for something truly epic.
dont try me

Arsenic_Touch
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Imagine if co-ops actually needed someone to use the bmg to keep people alive in a firefight and the poop shoe grenades and flash bangs were actually needed to complete the co-op. Now imagine if the environment could be uswed to your advantage, not talking about the barrels. I'm talking about shooting some rock out of the wall and having it crash onto an enemy, or shoot some boxes and they fall over. Or shoot a light and they get zapped. So much potential.

Now visualize all of that, then look at the face desk co-ops we got. Sorry for the tears.

Space_Monky
05-11-2013, 03:53 PM
dont try me

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/the-general-b-s-forum/124447d1277399216-where-is-that-keyboard-commando-pic-keyboardcommando.jpg

Arsenic_Touch
05-11-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/the-general-b-s-forum/124447d1277399216-where-is-that-keyboard-commando-pic-keyboardcommando.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xIs6LGp.jpg

Yeah boooooooooooy.

Rooster
05-11-2013, 05:22 PM
dont try me
Isn't this the same wanna be that tried to get girls gamer ID's in multiple failed threads? I agree with everyone else dude your pics give off the vibe that you just watched 8 mile for the first time and decided rap was your true purpose. Hit us with a sick lyric about your gangster lifestlye and your ruff up bringing please. Because I'm sure the only hardships you've faced are under cooked Mac and cheese that your mommy served occasionally and daddy taking away you're cellphone when you refused to mow the yard.

Darth Haighter
05-11-2013, 05:27 PM
lol...i grew up around 8 mile...that movie is funny...and yeah, you wouldn't do so hot thuggin out like that on the corner of 8 and dequinder or woodward....just saying

*edit* to be fair, boston's got some ghetto...but i'm betting a nice, Irish lad like you prolly doesn't frequent down there too often

Jack Johnson
05-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Imagine if co-ops actually needed someone to use the bmg to keep people alive in a firefight and the poop shoe grenades and flash bangs were actually needed to complete the co-op.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it should be scaled to require that stuff, but it definitely should be hard enough where you'd want to use those tools to your advantage. ME3's Platinum is a great example, you don't NEED to run a specific team to get through, but most groups either have a volus or a juggernaut (healer or tank). You could get by just shooting stuff in the head well, but it made things a whole lot easier if you had decoys, staggers, a tank, a healer, etc.

Mr Gambler
05-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Quite petty how this thread turned to bashing the OP beacuse of a pic. Troll's spring to mind.

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Not ammused arse do better

Miserere
05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Imagine if co-ops actually needed someone to use the bmg to keep people alive in a firefight and the poop shoe grenades and flash bangs were actually needed to complete the co-op. Now imagine if the environment could be uswed to your advantage, not talking about the barrels. I'm talking about shooting some rock out of the wall and having it crash onto an enemy, or shoot some boxes and they fall over. Or shoot a light and they get zapped. So much potential.

Now visualize all of that, then look at the face desk co-ops we got. Sorry for the tears.
Why do you do this to me, Arsenic? I thought we were FRIENDS!! Q_Q

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I aint looking for no female gamer

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Trolling down the defiance street.......you know the rest dawg

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Trolling down the defiance street
smoking on a jay steppin to me with your
defiance problems na thats not okay my lmg
will bust through your chest then rise up with a bullet
to ya head leaving you dead and straight red

steppin to me on the defiance forums try as you will try as you
may but i will shut that sh*t down listen to what i say

Rooster
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Trolling down the defiance street
smoking on a jay steppin to me with your
defiance problems na thats not okay my lmg
will bust through your chest then rise up with a bullet
to ya head leaving you dead and straight red

steppin to me on the defiance forums try as you will try as you
may but i will shut that sh*t down listen to what i say
Wow your rhyme's are as dirty as that **** stain on the side of your parents house in your pic. Real ganstas powerwash their siding just another example of how your a wanna be.

Wtflag
05-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Or instead of raising the bar beyond what some players can handle, they can have "Motherlode Ex" or "Explosions 101 Ex" that is harder versions of the same map.

Jackobite
05-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Dunno about harder than people can handle, more like Defiance is a very casual game, why try and make it hardcore?

Sdric
05-12-2013, 03:46 AM
Co-op instances are boring at the moment.
I have yet to see a team fail.

If the win is free it ain't worth anything.
Plus, the current rewards aren't worth anything anyways.

I pleed for a hard-mode.
Allow rookies to play the current version, but add a higher difficulty-mode with better rewards.

MacDeath
05-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Think it over I GUARENTEE ALOT OF THE DEFIANCE POPULATION WILL BE SATISFIED
IMO, there isn't ANYTHING that would satisfy a lot of the Defiance population. It's still a good idea, however. We need some aspects of the game to be challenging for teamed players.

ErikR68
05-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Co-op instances are boring at the moment.
I have yet to see a team fail.

If the win is free it ain't worth anything.
Plus, the current rewards aren't worth anything anyways.

I pleed for a hard-mode.
Allow rookies to play the current version, but add a higher difficulty-mode with better rewards.

So... You have never PUG'd into a co-op solo and they're at the boss, you beat the boss and the score board shows 8 ppl had tried it? I have!!