PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Strike?

Quilliam
05-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I have a question regarding shadow strike

Is the damage increase only when invis or the entire time in cloak?

If its while invis only how does this work with burst or full auto weapons?

Thanks in advance. I tried testing it myself but I could never find a spot where mob range stayed consistent enough to run an actual test.

UHaveN0skill
05-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I have a question regarding shadow strike

Is the damage increase only when invis or the entire time in cloak?

If its while invis only how does this work with burst or full auto weapons?

Thanks in advance. I tried testing it myself but I could never find a spot where mob range stayed consistent enough to run an actual test.

basically first shot with any weapon then you have to let you cloak come back up

BLITZKRI3G
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM
ya cloak is best with a sniper

Cavadus
05-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Unless it was changed in the last patch Shadowed Strike's +30% damage is active during Cloak's entire duration whether you're actually invisible or not.

Beta582
05-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Bump because of conflicting information.

Murder
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I've been using the cloak and semi-auto sniper and I can confirm that the bonus is active as long as cloak is active. I can unload 7 shots in a row while in cloak and all of them hit for +30% damage and the "power kill" text pops up when the enemy is killed regardless of me being completely invis or not.

Reiter
05-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Unless it was changed in the last patch Shadowed Strike's +30% damage is active during Cloak's entire duration whether you're actually invisible or not.

^^ confirming this guy has never used cloak. What he doesn't know, its 30% while the cloak is active, while it is up and not when cloak has been broken. So its great on single shot or burst weapons, but if you are unloading with a SAW...only the first bullet or few will be bonused, everything else will be normal damage.

Recap, assuming you are not being shot at
Pump shot gun: BONUS DAMAGE! CLOAK! BONUS DAMAGE! CLOAK!
SAW: BONUS DAMAGE! UNCLOAK! RAWR!!! MY STEALTH RAMBO ATTACK IS NO LONGER BONUSED DAMAGED SO ITS NORMAL DAMAGE NOW, CAUSE THAT IS WHAT OVER CHARGE DOES! (earlier movie, where Rambo pops out of water with a SAW and goes to town)

Cavadus
05-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Stuff.

I use Cloak fairly regularly and I'm pretty sure you're mistaken on this. Believe whatever you want though; doesn't really matter to me.

Edit: I'll just FRAPS some bursts from an LMG tonight while cloaked and get back to this thread.

Dwane
05-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Works only on 1 shot from fully cloaked phase. High rate of rire weapons combined with lags/delay may result in boost for 2-4 bullets.

Firetalion
05-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Turn your damage numbers on and you will see it is only the first shot before becoming uncloaked.

Reiter
05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I use Cloak fairly regularly and I'm pretty sure I'm mistaken on this. Believe whatever you want though; doesn't really matter to me.

Edit: I'll just FRAPS some bursts from an LMG tonight while cloaked and get back to this thread.
Cause you probably have never used cloak with a full auto weapon, as even two people below your post back me up. It would make over charge redundant, as its also 30% bonus damage...but inmagine a 6 second full auto burst followed by you ducking to cover followed by another short burst. Now you would see that cloak would be even more over powered.