PDA

View Full Version : Co-Ops harder or just my EGO?

Traxx
05-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I returned to playing one of the early Co-Op missions and found the end to be much tougher than it had been before. For the end boss (my EGO 200-400) he had a few helpers. Now (my EGO 800+) he has mutants with machetes who are very aggressive. They chopped my party up and we had to go at the boss twice. Did the Co-Op just get harder or does the engine recognize my EGO rating and up the ante?

Yenah
05-11-2013, 11:03 AM
As far as I know, nothing has changed, and the game doesn't adjust based on Ego rating, maybe in your previous trips there, somebody in your group was focusing specifically on the machete guys, and so you didn't notice them as much?

Saminator
05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
When I blur away from my team, I can one hit everything with my melee (apart from boss units and elites). Though when my team gets closer to a certain radius of my location, I need to do more damage to kill the enemies. Meaning that the more of you that are in one location, the higher enemies HP is, basically the same as arkfalls.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
In earlier runs I went there several times, not just once. It was how I upped my EGO and loot. Now it is different, I'm sure - I just don't know why.

Galactimus
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
It was most likely your team mates tactics. If all four of you stand there shooting the Piercer in the face his trash mobs are going to tear you up with Shotguns and Machetes. It helps to have one person on the upper floor toss grenades the moment they appear or leave a Ground Pounder minefield waiting for each wave to spawn. The boss fight is crazy easy when someone is on trash mob duty.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes, but what about the mutants with machetes. I don't remember them from the earlier tries. In fact the boss was fairly easy because he only had a few weaker allies. We just ganged up on the boss and I did it several times with different crews, but now we get cut to ribbons by the aggressive mutants. Yes, we can beat them but I'm pretty sure they weren't here before.

ryzo
05-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Yes, but what about the mutants with machetes. I don't remember them from the earlier tries.

what you need to remember is raising your ego doesnt make ur char more powerful apart from the small perks u take its really down to guns play style and shield

Zabuza
05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Just whatever you do, don't stick them with the matchlock boomer. Unless your teammates need revives.

Ryme
05-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes, but what about the mutants with machetes. I don't remember them from the earlier tries. In fact the boss was fairly easy because he only had a few weaker allies. We just ganged up on the boss and I did it several times with different crews, but now we get cut to ribbons by the aggressive mutants. Yes, we can beat them but I'm pretty sure they weren't here before.

They've always been there, just some unthanked party member always took care of them for you. Makes you wonder how many of the people complaining that everything is "too easy", can only say that because someone else was watching their back the entire time.

DeMoted
05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Don't know since I am ALWAYS carrying my team through CO-OPs.

Dantronos223
05-11-2013, 12:54 PM
it's always the same, always machete guys etc, it's like the other guy said, sometimes you may have someone focusing on stuff or just someone with good gear making one run seem easier than another with people with average stuff or just weapon set ups in general. not bragging here but since I usually carry a good ammount of the groups and have done each one a million times I can say for sure it's just the group involved and nothing else changes. I will say though that they need a harder version for each, kinda like heroics or something for more challenge lol.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the input. I stand corrected.

Azumi RM
05-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I don't know if co-ops have become harder but the machete wielding mutants seem to do tremendous damage now. Almost my whole 1700+ shield in 2 hits. When you've got 3 or 4 of them attacking you, make sure you're carrying your doner card.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes, they were so aggressive that 2 of them stood over my dead body still hacking. No one could come to revive me. Never did that before that I remember.