PDA

View Full Version : someone please explain this to me...

veodi
05-11-2013, 12:07 PM
How is the games weapons mechanics actually meant to work ? Sorry if this is a n00b question but I just don't get it... how can a weapon ego level 10 be the same as ego weapon 1000 i just dont get it, how are we meant to become more how to put this... powerful? stronger? or whatever. Are the guns meant to be any different? Every gun i come across is pretty much the same in its specific gun type (assault,smg,lmg etc)

Traxx
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Try this:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/30/weapons-and-weapon-skills/

Ariies
05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
How is the games weapons mechanics actually meant to work ? Sorry if this is a n00b question but I just don't get it... how can a weapon ego level 10 be the same as ego weapon 1000 i just dont get it, how are we meant to become more how to put this... powerful? stronger? or whatever. Are the guns meant to be any different? Every gun i come across is pretty much the same in its specific gun type (assault,smg,lmg etc)

As far as I've seen it, the weapon only changes with weapon category and weapon type. There's SMG's, BGM's, LMG's etc. etc. There are different types within each category (SMG, LMG) that differs between each one. Now with stats, I've only seen it change when I go up in

1. Maxing out that specific weapon you're using.
2. Going up in weapon level.

So an Ego rated weapon level that is 10 can be compared to a 1000 and may be the same if weapon level stays the same.

veodi
05-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you for both replies but I do think the weapons should slightly improve stats as you move up in ego even if its only a small difference every couple hundred ego...

Traxx
05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Thank you for both replies but I do think the weapons should slightly improve stats as you move up in ego even if its only a small difference every couple hundred ego...

They should but they don't, unfortunately.

Trew
05-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Trion wanted Defiance as balanced as possible and they succeeded. Problem is it's a MMO. MMO's shouldn't be balanced

jerodatgm
05-11-2013, 01:06 PM
IMO, Trion has set this up so that the main thing that makes us more powerful is EGO power and perk loadout. As we level up, you gain access to more perks, more slots to equip multiple perks, and even branching to unlock other EGO powers.

As for weapons, the biggest differences I have seen leveling up is the number of mod slots already available on a given weapon and the synergies on a weapon. Mods can make a difference somewhat, but the synergies have not for me (at least so far).

I kind of like still being able to go anywhere in the map and not have my weapons make some places total easy mode. But, I do understand what you're saying OP.

RealHoosier07
05-11-2013, 02:52 PM
The leveling up of a weapon is all mostly weapon mods. THe further you get in the game, the better mods you come across. I have a VBI Grenade Launcher with 2 blue mods on it. THe regular VBI grenade launcher is around 1313 max damage. I have a blue barrel mod for the mine that increases my damage to 1418 or something like that, which is 100 more per grenade. Also, the regular grenade launcher has 5 in the magazine that you can shoot out before you detonate. MINE on the other hand, has a blue magazine mod which is +3...so I have 8 in the mag instead of 5. Therefore, I can deal 5,000 more hit points with one full magazine than a regular grenade launcher with no mods. Thats quite a big difference. I do agree though that the damage on weapons should increase the higher EGO and further along in the game you get. Even if it was just 2 or 3 percent higher every 200 EGO.

RealHoosier07
05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
There are also many more what I call "inherent abilities" on higher level guns. For instance. I have a purple EMC LMG that has a synergy that I get when I equip a secondary weapon with the same synergy. BUT, I also have 2 inherent abilities on the gun that I get ALL THE TIME. One of the inherent abilities is 25% of stowed weapon reloade with a kill. This is a great ability if you use Pump Shotguns that reload one bullet at a time. I have a Grind Fragger that I love, but once I empty my magazine, it takes forever to reload. Sooo...I equip it with my EMC LMG....I use my Grind Fragger until its out of ammo, then I switch to my LMG...after 4 kills, my Grind Fragger is fully reloaded and ready to go, without me having to run in circles for 30 seconds while I reload it. The green lower level EMC LMG will not have abilities like this. I also have another inherent ability which is gives the gun better accuracy. Once I level it up, I will add a 3rd ability(random). So....with the higher level gun, I have a EMC LMG that has 3 inherent abilities, a synergy, and 3 open mod slots that I can put really good mods into...which makes this gun a badass compared to its lower ego counterpart.