PDA

View Full Version : loot table

gerben
05-11-2013, 12:14 PM
can somebody explain to me whats te loot table is? how it works? etc...
Thanks

Era
05-11-2013, 12:20 PM
A list of all possible items something can drop is a loot table. A game has a set of possible items something can drop. It assigns each item a weighted drop frequency then uses an RNG to determine which item drops. Pretty simple.

gerben
05-11-2013, 12:22 PM
A list of all possible items something can drop is a loot table. A game has a set of possible items something can drop. It assigns each item a weighted drop frequency then uses an RNG to determine which item drops. Pretty simple.

owkey, thank for the information ;)

Thedjectivenoun
05-11-2013, 12:44 PM
A loot table is this, I'm just shooting from the hip. you have a mob and lets say for simplicity sake it has 4 items it can drop, and for each of those drop there is a 25% chance for each drop. so lets say you have a mob that can drop Sword "A", Sword "B", Shield and Shoulder pads. each of those items have a 25% chance of dropping. and lets say same monster has a 5th drop that has a %0.01 chance of dropping.

but in general a mob has a chance to drop certain items upon death. in here I haven't seen nothing consistent besides grenades and shield drops from ark falls and instance completion