PDA

View Full Version : Lock Boxes

Garthur
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
What is the difference between a Tier 2, 3 and 4 Lock Box? The only difference I can see is that the higher tier costs double the amount of the previous one and gives 1 less item? Is that right? If so what is the point in buying 1 tier 4 to get 4 uncommon or better items when you can buy 3 Tier 2 for the same price (key code and script) and an extra 2 (6 total) uncommon or better items.

That's at least the way it sounds to me, doesn't make sense why that would be the case though :-)

Also, is there anywhere I can go to read up more on the mechanics of the game? There is a load of things I'm not sure about. The game doesn't do to well at explain things. Don't have a clue how the gun mechanics and leveling system works for instance :-)

Thanks

Firetalion
05-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I was once told that you needed to purchase a Tier3 or Tier4 box in order to obtain an Orange. (Orange is the step above Very Rare, being Legendary. for rarity scale, remember, When Grandma Burps, Patrick Obeys [White Green Blue Purple Orange]) I read earlier today in some thread where someone said they've gotten a legendary from a Tier2 box, but since I never found one this way, I can't confirm it.

I find Tier3 are the best chance to get an orange, although that chance is also very slim. Like, less than 1 in 100 slim. I purchased Tier4 boxes like crazy the first couple weeks this game was live, back when every emergency gave you arkfall keycodes, and never got an orange from them, so the chances of them having one are also slim to none.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Check the results for yourself:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhDKIMOCd2bkdFlSdmNocG1HSHU4VVBXeXdoWDY3Q mc#gid=1