PDA

View Full Version : fine you people win.

tuckerpb
05-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I no longer give a crap about this game.

So you know. I have been playing games since the original Atari. my first computer was c-64 ware you have to switch out 5 1/4 floppies to play. I have been playing online games and mutiplayer fps since Everquest 1 and quake 2. I have worked selling games to people back when you could go into a store and see rows of games on the self not just one small shelf. I have seen good games go down the crapper cause of bad programming; and programmers and companies that did not have a care of there work.
So believe me when i say that this game is going down the crapper and unless the programmers and devs get there act together fast. The only thing that would be keeping this game turn on would be the show. And we all know how great scifi's record is on keeping shows that are heavy on the special effects. (firefly, Eureka)

ItISLupus
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Defiance has had only One Client bug fix. We all know how well that went, don't we?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/good_code.png

Garu
05-11-2013, 03:46 PM

So you know. I have been playing games since the original Atari. my first computer was c-64 ware you have to switch out 5 1/4 floppies to play. I have been playing online games and mutiplayer fps since Everquest 1 and quake 2. I have worked selling games to people back when you could go into a store and see rows of games on the self not just one small shelf. I have seen good games go down the crapper cause of bad programming; and programmers and companies that did not have a care of there work.
So believe me when i say that this game is going down the crapper and unless the programmers and devs get there act together fast. The only thing that would be keeping this game turn on would be the show. And we all know how great scifi's record is on keeping shows that are heavy on the special effects. (firefly, Eureka)

My c64 didn't take floppies it had a cassette player and a kind of cartridge thing in the back, was my childhood a lie?

Anderson
05-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Why do people feel the need to post their gaming curriculum vitae before saying the game sucks?

Random
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Firefly was fox.
Sci fi picks shows up, they rarely have "originals". Just saying.

Anyhow this game is plenty playable. It has flaws but then again they really aren't as bad as your suicide letter reads. They could be vastly worse. It's a game.

Get emotional over kids in some fly in the eye country dying because you need more games or something productive like punching yourself in the face for posting this troll bait.

AlbionsBlade
05-11-2013, 03:56 PM
It's not a competition there is no 'win'. So you don't like the game big deal, goodbye.

Smoky
05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
My c64 didn't take floppies it had a cassette player and a kind of cartridge thing in the back, was my childhood a lie?I had a C64 also, and the disk drive was sold separately I believe. I had one.

Anderson
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I didn't exist when the Commodore 64 came out, but Wikipedia says there were a lot of different C64 models, and could have anything from tape drives, to floppy drives, and even cartridges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64#Peripherals

Nate Murder
05-11-2013, 04:17 PM

So basically what you're saying is you are terrible at PvP huh? I'll tell you what, how about you play UNO or go fish. Oh, and while you're at it, kick rocks...

loops73
05-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Why do people feel the need to post their gaming curriculum vitae before saying the game sucks?

lol right! nobody cares

Kutsune
05-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Another awesome Defiance sucks thread, Nobody cares for your moaning just stop ruining the game for others, every MMO has issues, it is impossible to not have glitches, or bugs on MMOs, i'd like to see you do a better job because quite frankly, you can't. Even if you could, some whiny hctib will post on your forum what a tihs game you made. And besides, Defiance has already got the deal signed for future series. Somebody post a funny demotivational with an Argument is Invalid variationto celebrate the moot point!

Myst
05-11-2013, 04:32 PM
To be honest OP I saw your other topic before I went to work and...the way you came off not only in the title but also in the post made it so that you became a target. It was not the best way to bring a point home and that's primarily why a lot of threads go down the hole.

Valanga
05-11-2013, 04:44 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37480630.jpg

Jeff Kaos
05-11-2013, 04:48 PM
My c64 didn't take floppies it had a cassette player and a kind of cartridge thing in the back, was my childhood a lie?

The C-64's disk drive was the: Commodore 1541.
load "*",8,1
run

Dazz
05-11-2013, 04:54 PM
The C-64's disk drive was the: Commodore 1541.
load "*",8,1
run

lol, do you remember "LOADINOT FOUND ERROR" ? C64 actually had some fun games on it. VIC-20 not so much.

WrathPhoenix
05-11-2013, 05:09 PM
This post is so full of stupid that im just going to go powerpoint format and deal with some of the "big stupids" right here in bullet form...

Weren't you the guy who accused sledge of abusing his power in the PC general forums this morning because he got online and played with the fans last night?
Firefly was not a syfy show to begin with......
Eureka had a long, several season run - more than 90% of sci fi shows that are made these days.
As stated previously. we do not care to see your gaming resume.
If you do not like the game, and have nothing better to do but ***** aimlessly...leave.
Profit.

Darth Haighter
05-11-2013, 05:20 PM

not trying to troll you, but it's probably because any time someone states their opinion on these forums, the first set of insults hurled at him or her by people who disagree is usually something like "noob" or "console player" or "CoD fan" or make some other hateful remark about the OP's experience in video games, and then back their insults with their own credentials to give their BS "weight". if you take away people's ability to knock your video game experience, then i guess the best they can come up with to insult you with is this shtako:

So basically what you're saying is you are terrible at PvP huh? I'll tell you what, how about you play UNO or go fish. Oh, and while you're at it, kick rocks...

not saying the OP was done in the most polite way, but i guess the above quote is kinda my point...but i agree also...it does get tiring reading people's video game resumes

ratt707
05-11-2013, 05:27 PM

mine had floppy and cartridge port, I think. Gets kinda hazy but I remember really enjoying blue max and pitfall!

Rakshasa
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
You always know when you see "you people'' in the subject, that it's going to be a Quality Post.

All you darn kids today, with your Commodore 64's and whatnot. Why, in my day...

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/llamasmiter/def2600.jpg

Daholic
05-11-2013, 07:59 PM
You always know when you see "you people'' in the subject, that it's going to be a Quality Post.™

All you darn kids today, with your Commodore 64's and whatnot. Why, in my day...

Hmmm, Defiance doesn't suck so much in that format lol

Iceberg
05-11-2013, 08:18 PM
You always know when you see "you people'' in the subject, that it's going to be a Quality Post.™

Those graphics look a lot better than other games on that system, seems it was ahead of its time. Wonder if thats the problem with the current Defiance game.

ScarFace1483
05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Jeez wish they would add a section just for these all so original threads that no one has already expressed. Maybe call it the landfill.

Rakshasa
05-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Those graphics look a lot better than other games on that system, seems it was ahead of its time.

Yeah, I think that was just photoshopped for the ad copy. Actual gameplay was more like:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/llamasmiter/defgp2600.jpg

Wonder if thats the problem with the current Defiance game.

LOL, bonus points for trying to shoehorn negativity into any opportunity, I guess. :p
I really couldn't say. I play on the PC and am not having any problems with the current game, aside from the fact that I'm playing too much of it.

Ironbound Soul
05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Bye-bye, who's up for an Arkfall?

Rasczak
05-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I had a C64 also, and the disk drive was sold separately I believe. I had one.

What he said.

Malachi
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM

0/10 Awful troll. Might've worked but you fudged it when you said the thing at the end about Syfy and Eureka and Firefly. Firefly was by Fox, and the Writers' Strike killed it. Eureka had a good 5 seasons and ended in a great note.

Please go away now. Nobody likes you.

Bopbarker
05-11-2013, 10:55 PM

Firefly a scifi/syfy show. I can't stop laughing about that. You sure made me think you know what you're talking about.

Sanguinesun
05-12-2013, 01:47 AM

Just a point of information but the original atari wasnt strictly called Atari perse or the Atari 2600 even. It was called a Sears Console because they were sold exclusively through Sears.(oh the hours lost standing playing that while the parents went off to shop...). Later they broke from their Sears exclusivity and remade it as the Atari 2600 along with renaming the cartridges too that they'd originally sold through Sears.

Firefly was Fox as others said. Nothing to do with SyFy in production.

Longevity of FX heavy shows on SyFy? Star Gate's franchise comes to mind.

Eureka lasted more than a few seasons but given that the plot of Eureka and Defiance are the same plot in the barest of senses(father and daughter blow into a quirky town that he becomes ill fittedly sheriff of) and how long Defiance was in production, it wouldnt be too much of a leap to consider that eureka was cancelled to make way for Defiance.

Im not defending SyFy but just saying that at least if you're going to put up examples that at least have them from the same network :P

As for the longevity of the game, I would agree that it is iffy but at the same time this game's not an indepth fully immersive mmo. Its easy to just drop it for a while and come back and pretty much have lost nothing in the interim of any importance. Its like BF3 where you can shoot stuff then shelve it for a few months n come back n shoot some more.

Sanguinesun
05-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I think that was just photoshopped for the ad copy. Actual gameplay was more like:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/llamasmiter/defgp2600.jpg

LOL, bonus points for trying to shoehorn negativity into any opportunity, I guess. :p
I really couldn't say. I play on the PC and am not having any problems with the current game, aside from the fact that I'm playing too much of it.

Hehe so Gunslinger/outlaw-esq... oh the days.

Garu
05-12-2013, 02:36 AM
So i had the poor mans c64..great!

nitroz76
05-12-2013, 03:15 AM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yenah
05-12-2013, 03:23 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37153627.jpg

Jackobite
05-12-2013, 03:27 AM
You always know when you see "you people'' in the subject, that it's going to be a Quality Post.

I remember that controler :)

Screen looks like a cap from Starship Troopers and lol I cant think of a word that means de-definitioned.... pixilated?

ghostercon
05-12-2013, 03:44 AM
There are two types of emo-raging forum quitters:

1. those who are unsure about quitting, like "should I quit defiance..?"
2. the second, like OP , so pissed off about the game; they don't just want to quit, they want to see the game berried also. That's why they are posting on forums: " I quit, let's all quit...viva la revolucion.. I'm a gamer since 1723 ".

When you quit, you just quit. That's it. End of story.

GeneralTechnique
05-12-2013, 04:15 AM

My commodore system was bosser than your's. It had a cassette player (datasette), son..... "swag" :p

epic beast
05-12-2013, 04:23 AM

Wow dude calm down no one cares about your floppy discs.

AlbionsBlade
05-12-2013, 10:37 AM
It's amazing for someone who no longer cares about the game he's continued to whine like a doodle bug on this forum since this thread.

FatDog
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
it wouldnt be too much of a leap to consider that eureka was cancelled to make way for Defiance.

ARRRGGGG!!

Please dont confirm what I have suspected. I want to love Defiance, I really do. If I blame the canceling of Eureka on Defiance then ... well, I will be really, really annoyed. (I was watching the final season of Eureka just this morning.)