PDA

View Full Version : So sick and tired of cloak+shotguns and infectors

ArcTJ
05-11-2013, 04:43 PM
they aren't balance at all. All people are using those weapons. Especially the cloak + shotgun combo

So sick of it when someone BAM BAM me in my ***

NERF it already or no one will actually play it.

Last night I spent 2 hours trying to find a match. But I couldn't actually find it

ArcTJ
05-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Bumpity Bump

CrYpToNiTe
05-12-2013, 12:09 AM
one reason why I don't even wanna play pvp anymore.

Not worth the aggravation.

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 12:11 AM
So am I.
Drink A LOT and use a BMG it helps.

mbergeron
05-12-2013, 12:13 AM
they aren't balance at all. All people are using those weapons. Especially the cloak + shotgun combo

Last night I spent 2 hours trying to find a match. But I couldn't actually find it

HA bam bam in your ***. Use detonator and fire grenades and cloak will be nothing.

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Stay behind your teammates, wait for them to come out of Cloak when they get hit, then go into Cloak and come behind the enemy and Shotgun away.
I think it goes something like that.

War Machine
05-12-2013, 12:23 AM
I agree. Cloak+Shotgun combo is OP in PvP.

The EGO skills should have nerfed PvP versions.

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 12:34 AM
I think every weapon that we don't like should be banned.
Let's just use bad language instead.. oh wait they cut that out : /

Kronik
05-12-2013, 12:34 AM
I think if we really want to get technical about this its not the shotguns or infectors that are to blame, dont get me wrong they piss me off to. However, its TEAM deathmatch, I find it the most aggrivating that happens in pvp, is when your teammates think its single player death match and go off by themselves to go 2-9...

This needs to stop... No one person is as good as a group working together. Stick to an area of the map, stay close together, protect the healers and snipers. Once teams are doing this its hard to loose to even a team of cloakers.

I run decoy (no better satisfaction than getting someone to shoot nothing while you light em up with you assult rifle) if you use decoy in a group it always works the decoy scanner is best used in a group so when someone close dies you can pop it and see where them and their buddies are. If Im by myself scanner is useless...

All in all I guess Im trying to say Im most tired of solo players in my TEAM Deathmatch. NTM a kill death ratio of 7-7 still sucks... This is what I see most cloakers get.

PS Sorry about my grammar Im on a mobil device the keyboard suxxx

Era
05-12-2013, 12:39 AM
The problem isn't cloak+shotgun. The problem is not enough level variety. Everything we've got right now encourages close quarters weaponry, the best of which is cloak+shotty.

Infectors do need a nerf though. I shouldn't be able to run from the top of the observatory tower under fire to the base of the left sniping arch only to be isntagibbed by the infector bugs that chased me the whole way. Who thought a gun that fires blue shells was balanced?

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Yes. More maps.
Perhaps that will take peoples mind of what is and what isn't appealing to them.
I guess we have had so long to scrutinize things due to rapidity.

SuperBean
05-12-2013, 12:50 AM
I think if we really want to get technical about this its not the shotguns or infectors that are to blame, dont get me wrong they piss me off to. However, its TEAM deathmatch, I find it the most aggrivating that happens in pvp, is when your teammates think its single player death match and go off by themselves to go 2-9...

This needs to stop... No one person is as good as a group working together. Stick to an area of the map, stay close together, protect the healers and snipers. Once teams are doing this its hard to loose to even a team of cloakers.

I run decoy (no better satisfaction than getting someone to shoot nothing while you light em up with you assult rifle) if you use decoy in a group it always works the decoy scanner is best used in a group so when someone close dies you can pop it and see where them and their buddies are. If Im by myself scanner is useless...

All in all I guess Im trying to say Im most tired of solo players in my TEAM Deathmatch. NTM a kill death ratio of 7-7 still sucks... This is what I see most cloakers get.

Sadly, scrubs will always be around, and they will also think their first name is John. (i know... vague rambo reference! :p )

My main tactic is to spam my infector. i always get that award at the end of the match for constantly spamming. And of course, the satisfaction of KNOWING you peeved off a cloak + shottie scrub is priceless.

On topic though:
Ya its disgusting that pvp really is just shotgun vs shotgun vs infector. In the VERY rare event that i see somebody NOT using a shottie/infector, its always explosives in some form, usually a cluster launcher.

In all honesty, explosives (aside from grenades) really *CANNOT* be balanced for pvp, and they truely do not belong in pvp.

Shotguns need whole heck of allot of nerfing in pvp. There should be only one weapon that can achieve one hit kills, and thats a sniper rifle with a head shot.
Same for infectors, my maxed out skill makes me hit at ridiculous range' though to be honest, if shotties were properly tuned in pvp, infectors would be all but gone.

The only reason infectors work now, is because 99% of the players use shotties and you simply out range them (side note: its hilarius to see them spam jumping fourty yards away hoping that they can get to you to get a shot off)

If most people used ar/lmg/pistol, the infector user would die rapidly at range, making it useless (as a solo weapon, if used properly, with a team, it can be amazing, infector+fire+bmg+lmg/ar spam = win)

anywhooooo, ya the pvp flat out sucks. i ONLY pvp now to get the daily done (IF its an easy one, like 5 power kills) other wise i just stay out, like the others have said, its just NOT worth the aggravation

Space_Monky
05-12-2013, 12:52 AM
didn't they already nerf shotguns?

to me, it's all about skill. i'm good with infectors, but a good shotgun player can shut me down the whole match.
ground pounder and courier can also be real nasty.
find what works for you and adapt and overcome before everything is nerfed into oblivion. if we keep this up everything will be like the rocket launchers.

KingMike
05-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Well people are playing Cloak and shotty and from the looks of it they enjoy it :rolleyes:

-M

SuperBean
05-12-2013, 01:01 AM
The problem isn't cloak+shotgun. The problem is not enough level variety. Everything we've got right now encourages close quarters weaponry, the best of which is cloak+shotty.

Infectors do need a nerf though. I shouldn't be able to run from the top of the observatory tower under fire to the base of the left sniping arch only to be isntagibbed by the infector bugs that chased me the whole way. Who thought a gun that fires blue shells was balanced?

The only close quarters area are hallways. Waterfront is a great example, 70% of the map is >OPEN< area, not enclosed spaces. only the containers area and the warehouse are enclosed, and even the containers you can be 'ranged' on top of them.

The problem with cloak+shottie is that it does not matter what the map is, or what the size is. it could be a massive huge area like the salt flats, cloak lets you close the 'gap' and make the map a close quarters map. This would be fine, IF shotties were properly tuned- a game changing ability like cloak, along with most powerful weapon type is overpowered, period. most sniper rifles are not even a one hit kill (with heads-hots even, the bolt ones can be one shotters depending on their perks).
There is no other weapon in the game, that can be used to give you such an advantage as what cloak+ shottie does.
It effectively makes you invulnerable, nobody can see you, only getting shot from blind fire or you attacking allows you to die, Couple this with one-attack kills, and it IS overpowered.
Can you imagine if OverPower allowed lmg/ar's to kill in one non-crit burst? thats about the same thing, its stupid crazy OP.

In mmo's and pretty much any competitive game, the rule of thumb is simple: if more than 50% of the player base uses it, its overpowered, i'd honestly estimate at least 70% of the pvper's use a shotgun primarily, at least 90% have one on their loadout, though id love to see trions' official stats for it.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 01:03 AM
The maps crack me up they wouldnt necessarily be close quarters except all the Rambos run straight into the building (one at a time mind you). The other team just waits for these idiots. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Heres a tactic set up your team by one of the towers on waterfront or in the opening on Observitory stick together and bring them to you, most people are impatient theyll come eventually, most shotgunners suck at aiming so in that kind of open setting its easy to get yhe jump on them.

As for Infectors the other guy was right theyre squishy *** heck two people can easily flank a infector sniper while he is trying to shoot someone else... Once again this is TEAM Deathmatch, not one of these solo players will cut it if you work together.

MrClip26
05-12-2013, 01:06 AM
at least give us a shield that has a parasite resistance or something..why that isnt in the game is so stupid with this OP gun..i onyl use when i get killed by it the go back to my FRC HEAVY AR

SuperBean
05-12-2013, 01:09 AM
"good shotgun player" is an oxymoron ^.^

No seriously though, i use infector primarily atm, as others have said you HAVE to use either infector or shottie in SOME form or another in order to be at all effective at pvp currently.

Infector's do *NOT* take skill. anybody can point in a general area and hold a button down, its about as skillfull as LMG spam or cluster spam in pve.

Sniper rifle? now THAT takes skill, only seen one, maybe two people using them, and they were constantly owned by a shottie scrub (bet they will learn to use a shottie soon!)

same for shotties, running around invisible takes no skill. running up behind somebody while invisible takes no skill. pressing a button while aiming at somebody two feet away takes no skill.

Aiming at somebody's head from 100 yards away and scoring a critical hit? now that takes skill, and should be a one shot kill in pvp..(two shots for body shots imo) same for medium range and AR, lmg to a much lesser extent.

Truly though, id LOVE to see more pvp 'modes' where there's FFA weapons, like it is now, and then restricted, where only 'bullet' based weapons can be used, no clusters, no launchers, no shotties, no bmgs, just pistols/ar's/lmgs/snipers. I'd be willing to bet 100k scrip that one of them would be insanely more popular than the other. wanna guess which?

Kronik
05-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Anyone thats on ps3 with a mic that would like to add a decoy/ support player to their team feel free to add me

Canna_King (PSN)

Noobette (Defiance Tag)

Please no blank friend requests. I feel like we can beat this if we work togethet.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Super Bean isnt that kinda like the guy uptop who said pvp is about skil, I use an infector... Uh Rofl, but I dont think.. No he couldnt have been serious...

PS I understand you use them too, but you never said it took SKILL lmao.

Schwa
05-12-2013, 01:27 AM

No seriously though, i use infector primarily atm, as others have said you HAVE to use either infector or shottie in SOME form or another in order to be at all effective at pvp currently.

Infector's do *NOT* take skill. anybody can point in a general area and hold a button down, its about as skillfull as LMG spam or cluster spam in pve.

Sniper rifle? now THAT takes skill, only seen one, maybe two people using them, and they were constantly owned by a shottie scrub (bet they will learn to use a shottie soon!)

same for shotties, running around invisible takes no skill. running up behind somebody while invisible takes no skill. pressing a button while aiming at somebody two feet away takes no skill.

Aiming at somebody's head from 100 yards away and scoring a critical hit? now that takes skill, and should be a one shot kill in pvp..(two shots for body shots imo) same for medium range and AR, lmg to a much lesser extent.

Truly though, id LOVE to see more pvp 'modes' where there's FFA weapons, like it is now, and then restricted, where only 'bullet' based weapons can be used, no clusters, no launchers, no shotties, no bmgs, just pistols/ar's/lmgs/snipers. I'd be willing to bet 100k scrip that one of them would be insanely more popular than the other. wanna guess which?

I'd love to see restricted pvp maps. Such as short-range only for Observatory, medium/long only in Waterfront.

lPATT
05-12-2013, 01:27 AM
i love the cloak , my pump and my infector , but cloak need a nerf . make it like halo . when you run , you become "visible" and only when you walk or crouch you will be 100% cloak like now ... shotty cloak will always be OP in any game anyway =D

Kronik
05-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Besides I think infectors are glitched right now if you have burst mod on it just spawns bugs after third hit on every hit, thats too many bugs when you face a normal infector its actually pretty weak.

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 01:48 AM
I like Meat Pies but some people think they are bad for you,
I don't care I eat them anyway.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Yo Australian's are crazy lol jk

I drink milk straight out the carton... NO GLASS!!!

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Yo Australian's are crazy lol jk

I drink milk straight out the carton... NO GLASS!!!

Tough Guy.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 02:03 AM
You know it...

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 02:04 AM
I'll raise your glass of milk and bet a piece of toast with Vegemite!

Kronik
05-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Too dangerous for me... Ill prolly vomit. All the advancmentz in technology, and food and vegamite is still around, thats probably what teraformed the earth and were blaming the votans

BrassRazoo
05-12-2013, 02:20 AM
C'mon it's like a spoonful of salty shoe polish ,, what is there not to like?
One day, Richard Branson will be feeding his Guinea Pigs with nothing but on the way to Mars.

cusman
05-12-2013, 02:21 AM
To Counter Cloak, try using Decoy with that Perk that Uncloaks enemies within certain range.
To Counter Shotguns, try Infectors or Detonators.

If you feel you are dying too fast, then try equipping a bunch of defensive perks. I myself have selected more offensive Perks because I like to use Incendiary Detonator and Bonfire Rockets to do the distance damage and add that fire tick damage and then really any weapon for the closer range but Shotgun is easiest.

I am sure the BMG or Infector are good choice as well since not much Aim burden there, but I really haven't used them much. I suppose I will when I am trying to get Infectors and BMG to Level 10.

The AR, LMG, etc type weapons that don't do splash damage and require better aim can be effective but are harder to be successful with and generally better on flatter areas or enemies that don't move around too much.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Thats genius why didnt we think of that cusman...

cusman
05-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Thats genius why didnt we think of that cusman...

I was just trying to be helpful to the Original Poster...

cusman
05-12-2013, 02:44 AM

My main PvP Loadout is Bonfire Rocket + Sniper and I get MVP plenty of times and am generally in top 5 of my team at the end result. The same when I use Incendiary Detonator except I get more Assists and less kills. I also use my Frag Grenade for few kills each match. I go in with Cloak power but mainly use it to get away or increase my Sniper damage to get those one-shot kills when Opportunity hits. The Infector users and other Snipers are easiest to Snipe.

B_Draco
05-12-2013, 03:02 AM
My main PvP Loadout is Bonfire Rocket + Sniper and I get MVP plenty of times and am generally in top 5 of my team at the end result. The same when I use Incendiary Detonator except I get more Assists and less kills. I also use my Frag Grenade for few kills each match. I go in with Cloak power but mainly use it to get away or increase my Sniper damage to get those one-shot kills when Opportunity hits. The Infector users and other Snipers are easiest to Snipe.

I like using VOT spanner trapper and a VOT siphon fragger -or my siphon FRC heavy carbine, I prefer that- with overcharge for team deathmatch, or for Shadow Wars electric derailer and my orange VBI grenade launcher with cloak. Fun to get called a cheap sh*t or various other insults for 1 shotting runners with derailer, and 2-3 shots on a cerberus.

As for countering cloakers/shotgun/infector, I really don't have too much of an issue with that. I keep on the move quite a lot, and use escape artist to run and heal if my shields go out. But no player is invulnerable, I get killed here and there lol. But I will say infector homing needles should be switched to manual aim. If not, put a perk in to get 15% resistance to infection at rank 1, 30% at rank 2, and 45% at rank 3 -and bugs, but that might overdo the nerf-.

nitroz76
05-12-2013, 03:16 AM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/Deal_With_It.jpg

Space_Monky
05-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Super Bean isnt that kinda like the guy uptop who said pvp is about skil, I use an infector... Uh Rofl, but I dont think.. No he couldnt have been serious...

PS I understand you use them too, but you never said it took SKILL lmao.

it does when you go up against blur, but you obviously know what you are doing with decoy.

like i said, it takes some skill and knowing what you are doing.

B_Draco
05-12-2013, 03:20 AM
it does when you go up against blur, but you obviously know what you are doing with decoy.

like i said, it takes some skill and knowing what you are doing.

I could increase my controller sensitivity and keep up with blurr jumper/runners while spamming my infector. BOOORRRIIINNNGGG, no skill. Which reminds me, I need to reset my controller sensitivity to higher for better quick-scope kills with derailer.

Wtflag
05-12-2013, 03:37 AM
I just got MVP with 12/3 in observatory using overcharge, saw and bmg.

carpesangrea
05-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Doesn't anyone realize you can kill the infector bugs?

ArcTJ
05-12-2013, 03:41 AM
I just got MVP with 12/3 in observatory using overcharge, saw and bmg.

U must be with good team

Wtflag
05-12-2013, 03:45 AM
U must be with good team

Yes. Team must stick to win.

The silly invisible shotgunners have no hope if a bunch of us just stick.

The best they can do is trade 1 for 1. Often they die at range instead.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 03:49 AM
That been said thanks fir the plus 1 though

Tornad0s
05-12-2013, 04:23 AM
i love the cloak , my pump and my infector , but cloak need a nerf . make it like halo . when you run , you become "visible" and only when you walk or crouch you will be 100% cloak like now ... shotty cloak will always be OP in any game anyway =D

i agree, when cloaked player run he must be little visible.

Nyx_Rainhart
05-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Every time I see a blurry looking part of the environment I shoot at it. It will either show the enemy briefly or it's a teammate and your fine. If it is an enemy I activate Blur and circle him while shooting and meleeing. Most people can't keep up well enough.

tuckerpb
05-12-2013, 04:52 AM

hate to break it to you. but cloak + shotgun in not as op as you make it out to be.
from someone that uses them let me break it down.
1. cloak like all the other powers take time to recharge. so unless the person is hacking and have cloak all the time then most of the time people are running around with out there cloak on.
2. cloak does not mean you are invis 100% of the time. if you keep an eye out you can spot the wave motion of the cloak. kinda like the predators cloak.
3. when you are talking about shotguns. which one?
a. sawed off? yes most likely the highest close range alpha damage in the game, but only 2 shots per load and one of the longest reload of all.
b. pump. nice balance between alpha and dps, but still unless you take time to reload all the rounds the gun is the worst shotgun.
c. combat. good dps but bad alpha. unless you are able to hit with all the shots. it is easy to survive.
now all shotgun have one major flaw. they are short range, so the farther you are the better you are to survive.
if you see someone with a high kill then most likely they have a high ego rating and have more of the perks and perk slots open.

now for the waiting for a match. were you looking only for a shadow war? when i have to pvp I do it at all time of the day and have never waited more then 60 seconds.

tho it really does not matter. there is not real risk vs reward. tho one idea would be a pvp match.
FFA.
only one death and you loose.
if you win 100 keys, 10000 scrip and salvage, and 100000 ego xp.
if you loose. you character is deleted and you have to start all over again.

Gojira
05-12-2013, 05:00 AM
for cloak and shotgun you need to be skilled player, no everyone has that something that they know where and when to use it, ergo, if you play and lame, cloak wont help you, and there is a lot possibilities against cloak, its easy to deal with them...

infectors on the other hand is noskill weapon, you need only to shoot everything and everyone and hide. bam you are on top of list plus a lot o assist.

when there is so many things that make cloak useless, there is no defense against infectors.

Kronik
05-12-2013, 05:10 AM
@ tuckerpb Im not trying to be a jerk but your not foling anyone. As a shotgun cloak user your view is biased proof is in your post you did a great job telling the truth whil being misleading.

First point cooldown perks cooldown guns and synergies all make cooldown non existant
Second Only if they just got hit or are shooting then go into cloak is thete a blur
third once again a shotty with the right perks and cloaks perks along with other ego perks make one shots with almost all shotties, also in between shots you recloak instantly.

I would also like to point out that I have said it can be beat Im not 100% either way but Im in no way going to let you trick naive players into your false justifications there are better arguments you can make that arent misleading.

Sorry bout typos and grammar Im on a mobil device

BadPanther86
05-12-2013, 05:12 AM
They can't do anything without cloak because they have to get close, so gun them down with a LNG or AR

Skydive
05-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Yes. Team must stick to win.

The silly invisible shotgunners have no hope if a bunch of us just stick.

The best they can do is trade 1 for 1. Often they die at range instead.

People's grenades beg to differ. I seen close cluster groups being wiped out by a single grenade, I done it a few times myself. Or better yet several well timed detonator explosions does the trick. However solid teamwork + communication will always win the day. You don't even have to be close together, just communicate and watch your teams backs.

The times I'm pugging and I do very well 3-1 kill/death ratio or higher is often because I have someone or two people watching my back. This ratio rapidly plummets to 1-2 or worse if everyone, myself included decide to gung-ho it all individually (unless obviously the opposing team is doing the same thing).

The weapons are relatively balanced, even the infectors! I used to get owned by infectors all the time till I took those perks that increase health and health regeneration. Now when I come up against two infector using people, it's easy kills for me cause the health regeneration offsets the dot of the infectors to the point that's just hilarity when the person firing the infector is going WTF and panicking because I refuse to die to their pesky bugs!

Cloak+shotgun (pump or sawn-off). I would not say it's a skill less combo, it's just people they fall to it aren't good at dodging, cause when you are out of range, any fast firing weapon will kill the shotgunner if they're not careful. I've died a many times this way. However I do not see people rolling or jumping when engaged by someone using a shotgun, no wonder they die. Many of my shotgun kills this way is because the person does not roll or jump. if they roll or jump, it's a matter of whether I have better aim or they do. Although people jumping are stupid because I just grenade or point at where they land as they have limited control over their directional movement in the air. The thing is against this combo, if you increase your distance away from the shotgunner, their damage drops quite significantly from a point blank kill to only tickling a high capacity shield.

However I do agree with people that the deathmatch maps are too small that they only encourage close quarter combat which is why we see so many infectors and shotguns. I'm a sniper at heart, but the maps are so small I might was well try to kill someone with my pinky up their nose! The only times I seen a sniper being viable is in a shadow-war and freight yard.

Calypso Atlas
05-12-2013, 05:19 AM
Every time I see a blurry looking part of the environment I shoot at it. It will either show the enemy briefly or it's a teammate and your fine. If it is an enemy I activate Blur and circle him while shooting and meleeing. Most people can't keep up well enough.
I love using my shotgun and infector but what I love even more is cloaking and just punching some one to death. I get no greater joy than just beating the living shtako out of them. I always wonder what they think afterwards.

KillAlot V2
05-12-2013, 05:24 AM
im sick and tired of kids like the op who cry like babys over shotguns and infectors and cloak its not that they are over powerd its that your just getting out played everytime because your not smart enough chuck on a perk to unclock people with decoy or use bio or fire grenades its that simple learn to play the game instead of crying

Kronik
05-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Using the term little kids shows your maturity but being a cloak shotty fanboi you probably overlooked that, sensorsweep is weak at best I assume youve never used it? I am a decoy user and its redundant to show a guy that js already visible because he is shooting your decoy! NTM the only time you know a person is close is when your shot kinda defeqts the purpose

The only thing that should be changed is footstep sounds... THEY NEED TO HAVE THEM, ther can even be sn awarness perk that makes them louder that way decoy or anyone else standsva chance.

brezzyy
05-12-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't even play pvp any more

fang1192
05-12-2013, 09:05 AM
im sick and tired of kids like the op who cry like babys over shotguns and infectors and cloak its not that they are over powerd its that your just getting out played everytime because your not smart enough chuck on a perk to unclock people with decoy or use bio or fire grenades its that simple learn to play the game instead of crying

Your spelling and grammar are atrocious; your argument is horrible. You have never used Decoy or Sensor Sweep, and how will Bio and Fire grenades work against an invisible man? Do you just chuck them and hope for the best? To use them even halfway decently you have to know someone is where you are trying to throw it. If someone is fully cloaked you will never know.

Quilliam
05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
I get your frustratin but to me neither one gives me problems anymore.

A good AR user or SAW user, those guys give me problems.

Shotgun is simple to counter dont go into an area where you think a cloaker is hiding. Get some of the perks that counter it, get a spray gun and spray an area with bullets you think they are. Get an infector (to me this is all they are good for) and spray an area where they are, if you hit you can then see their dot.

I hardly ever die from an infector, and then only if I was taking fire from multiple sources and get hit with them also and they get lucky last shot. If you try to shoot me with your VBI at range I'm going to roll, kneel, aim and kill you with me AR. Don't run from an infector, attack. And never forget their bugs are super easy to kill before they blow up on you. I always wonder why no one ever kills the bugs...

Quilliam
05-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Your spelling and grammar are atrocious; your argument is horrible. You have never used Decoy or Sensor Sweep, and how will Bio and Fire grenades work against an invisible man? Do you just chuck them and hope for the best? To use them even halfway decently you have to know someone is where you are trying to throw it. If someone is fully cloaked you will never know.

Fire makes them vis with the dot. I believe bio does also.

fang1192
05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Fire makes them vis with the dot. I believe bio does also.

Thats not the point. The question is how and when do you apply them. If you use them when theyre firing at you, well thats barely helpful, if you use them before they are firing at you, well what the hell are you throwing them for? These "counters" require luck. That is not a counter. A counter is something you can use and rely on.

Quilliam
05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Thats not the point. The question is how and when do you apply them. If you use them when theyre firing at you, well thats barely helpful, if you use them before they are firing at you, well what the hell are you throwing them for? These "counters" require luck. That is not a counter. A counter is something you can use and rely on.

I toss one inside a room before I go inside.

If you want an easy counter to shotguns get escape artist. As i said above they don't give me problems anymore unless I'm being stupid, but if I am then I outrun them so fast tht I can roll and fire back into them.

As to other counters, lobber is great or so is infector (as i said above, to me all an infector is good for is revealing stealthers in my opinion once you get good at aiming.)

You can rely on the grenade, if they are there in the first place. Granted same applies to them, stealth only works if they get lucky and you run into tight quarters where they are hiding.

If you get killed by a stealther out in the open you were probably not moving too long.

Disclaimer, I do play on PC maybe graphics on PC make it easier to see movement. No idea...

tuckerpb
05-12-2013, 09:54 AM
@ tuckerpb Im not trying to be a jerk but your not foling anyone. As a shotgun cloak user your view is biased proof is in your post you did a great job telling the truth whil being misleading.

First point cooldown perks cooldown guns and synergies all make cooldown non existant
Second Only if they just got hit or are shooting then go into cloak is thete a blur
third once again a shotty with the right perks and cloaks perks along with other ego perks make one shots with almost all shotties, also in between shots you recloak instantly.

I would also like to point out that I have said it can be beat Im not 100% either way but Im in no way going to let you trick naive players into your false justifications there are better arguments you can make that arent misleading.

Sorry bout typos and grammar Im on a mobil device
really what was i misleading about?
with maxed cloak the recharge is 40 sec. with the perk shadow's core it takes it to 31 sec. and if you are lucky enough to get a weapon that affects the cool down it is only by a small %.
now by itself cloak only last about 15 sec. adding infiltrator that in an extra 6 sec. so you do spend more time out of cloak then you do in.
your second point. guess you are not looking close enough.
your third point is still that you need to be right next to the target to get 1 one shot by the shotgun. so like I said the more distance you have between you and the gun the better your chance to survive. unless you are one of the hackers the modded the dame and range so you can 1 shot from the other side of the map. mmmmmm?

and so you know I have been c&s, i have been c&ar, i have been infected (no sick jokes please), i have been blown up. it just means more grinding threw the requirement for the attachments and echelon faction mission.

my favorite 2 kills are snipers or anybody else that stands still as i run up behind then and shoots them. and another where there was no one from me team around me and i herd "i'm dying over here" so i turned around and shot the guy.

fang1192
05-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I toss one inside a room before I go inside.

If you want an easy counter to shotguns get escape artist. As i said above they don't give me problems anymore unless I'm being stupid, but if I am then I outrun them so fast tht I can roll and fire back into them.

As to other counters, lobber is great or so is infector (as i said above, to me all an infector is good for is revealing stealthers in my opinion once you get good at aiming.)

You can rely on the grenade, if they are there in the first place. Granted same applies to them, stealth only works if they get lucky and you run into tight quarters where they are hiding.

If you get killed by a stealther out in the open you were probably not moving too long.

So your counters are, use it and hope it works, run away and hope they're stupid, spam something until it works, or let the computer do the aiming for you.

And you dont see the problem with that?

_Peacemaker_
06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
HA bam bam in your ***. Use detonator and fire grenades and cloak will be nothing.

Ya this used to be my bread and butter, but they hit detonators with such a hard nerf. I lost 6 shots in my magazine in the nerf and used to be able to kill in 3 shots, but now it's 4. Yet shotguns and infectors have not received a nerf.

Befallen
06-02-2013, 12:49 AM
The weapons aren't the problem. It's that there are no big battlefields. It's all close quarters battles so why would you think to use a weapon that has huge range on a map so tiny you could snipe someone with a shotgun. The weapons are just not the problem. The problem is there is a small outdoor area and a tiny indoor area. Cloak for outdoor and instant kill for indoor.

Shadow wars just doesn't work right now as most players look like the default goofey guy on xbox due to xbox being a junky computer. Plus the contracts pretty much require you to get a kill with a ego running at the same time which gives people more reason to put two and two together.

If you're sick of cloak players i'd highly suggest using decoy and sensor sweep. You'll be your teams best friend. Uncloaks everyone in the area when you use decoy.

No one ever states the saw lmg is OP either and yet you could mow an entire team with no recoil with overcharge yet that can't be OP because it somehow requires skill to aim. I have tried the sawn off cloak style of play and it still requires a perfect hit and if someone is using the correct perks you basically can't one shot them anyway like rear guard.

If you enjoy pvp so much why aren't you still testing out new strats that will make you OP? Or if it's so bad why don't you try the most popular specs already out there that people are using instead of calling them noobs? The noob would be the one dying over and over and not adapting and constantly calling everything OP.

barium
06-02-2013, 03:10 AM
i used to use shotgun/smg so i had a close quarter and a range(shotgun mainly). i got destroyed by infectors at 10 zillion miles away so i said to myself why not try infector as my ranged attack. now i use infector/shotgun (infector mainly) and do the destroying.

if shotguns are OP then infectors are way beyond OP. i empty shotgun clips(8 shots) on people who still live but if i empty my infector on them they are dead before the clip is done. also i noticed in pvp your shotgun clip has a 45 bullet max WTF bad enough it takes 6 years to load(1 lousy stupid shot at a time) but then that 45 bullets is no worry cause im always dead before i ran out of shells anyway. infector though i'll never run out with its like 300 clip and fast reload(which i don't need since they dead before 1st clips done)

edit OH YA forgot to say why i switched from smg to infector. smg is a beep to aim at a moving target who also likes to hop everywhere 3/4 of the time but infector point in direction/vacinity hold down fire button afk win

MrSoKoLoV
06-02-2013, 03:16 AM
There is a big difference regarding shotguns and infectors, shotguns were very powerfull I am not going to deny that, but at least you had to aim right to make it count. And with some shotguns you had to reload very quick.

Infectors however are like shooting damm bees, you don't have to aim, and when you hit they do all the damm work for you. Would be the same thing as using a sniper that never misses or a saw with guided bullets. Not mentioning you don't see "insert the s word here that can't be written" when they shoot you with those infectors.

But the games has many more problems, like the fact that the rocket of the cerberus doesn't do much damage at all but driving over someone kills them instantly. Or the fact that if you set yourself on fire on accident, it takes to long to go out, rolling should actually do something. Or lastly, that 3 rockets from a damm rocket launcher do almost no damage but an infector kills you in a few seconds...yeah that's fun isen't it.

Sdric
06-02-2013, 04:43 AM
It would help if bugs would die by one BMG hit.
This way you'ld at least have a chance to actually kill them between their spawn and the 0,3 seconds it takes for them to eat your face.

CptBadger
06-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Cats go "meow", dogs go "woof". PvPers go "PvP is unbalanced!"

/thread

Danny Brez
06-02-2013, 05:11 AM
The Ego Powers don't bother me, it's the infectors that **** me off, there to powerful and as era said who the hell came up with the idea of the weapon.

Envy
06-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Cloak is one of the best things about this game. It lets you **** corner or roof campers without the lube.

But i do agree that infectors are ********. seriously; Auto-Aim does good damage, and lets lose a hoard of crabs larger then a set you bring back from Thailand.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/997/35s7cv.jpg
I mean come-on