PDA

View Full Version : What determines Arkfall key numbers? 3, 4 or 5

Leroy Jenkins
05-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I've finished Arkfalls in first and gotten 3 keys and finished 13th and gotten 5. What determines what you get??

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Still no idea. Three different extras I've seen:

Extra XP, between 2,500 and 10,000.
Extra keycodes
Extra 3,000 salvage

Hit the trifecta several times, no idea what *I* did to get them...

Leroy Jenkins
05-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I would think with the thousands of players hitting arkfalls someone would have figured out the method by now! I guess it's just luck

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Perhaps the time left when the boss dies makes a difference. Never pay attention to the clock unless it's a Progenitor arkfall with a broken arm or four...

OIO
05-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Is getting the 10,000 xp for getting the final killshot?

Duskky
05-11-2013, 06:37 PM

That's the only time i've gotten 10k xp, though it didn't register in my pursuits.

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 06:37 PM
No. People tell me that they have gotten the 10K at the same time, so it must be a group bonus. So is the 2500, 5000, and 7500 I also see occasionally.

Another reason to say No: I got 10K bonus several times while doing Progenitor arkfalls, yet the pursuit item for the killshot took many tries later to pop...

OIO
05-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I thought it would be for that wasn't sure thanks Duskky

OIO
05-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Oh ok now I am confused I have never seen over 2,500 on an arkfalls.

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I usually screw around at arkfalls killing the smaller bugs/robots to make ammo for later. I guess focusing on killing the boss and noting the time left and the bonuses gotten would be informative...

OIO
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I usually screw around at arkfalls killing the smaller bugs/robots to make ammo for later. I guess focusing on killing the boss and noting the time left and the bonuses gotten would be informative...

I do the same try to get archers and blast pods out of others way.

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 08:49 PM
The arkfall with the flying hellion. 14 minutes left at end. #12 on the list. No extras at all...

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Attached hellion. 16:49 left. Not in the Top 20 list due to a reboot required to make the dang game work again. 10K extra XP. 3,000 extra salvage...

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Flying hellion. 12:37 left. Not in Top 20. No extras.

Now that I'm noting the end time, I also noted the start. When I pulled up, the huge body hadn't even popped out of the ground, yet the timer was under 20 minutes. That means we took like 7 minutes to kill it, and I'm not sure it went 'slowly'. If the start time is always 20 minutes, then somebody really kicks butt when they bother to show up. If this start is linked to the end of the last one, then that should change.

Oh, and the regular VOT Blast Rifle I picked up didn't cut it. Even if the DPS is better than the Mazu Blast Rifle, I didn't feel that it was doing an acceptable job hurting things. I ran out of ammo a few times and had to scrounge in a hurry with the Incubator to make more...

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Attached hellion. 15:39 left. #16 on Top 20 list. 1 extra keycode. 3,000 extra salvage.

Now, #16 is probably based on it being 1:40AM Eastern. I saw the arkfall was on its last stage and drove hard to get there in time. I put nearly no shots on the other bugs, and focused the like two minutes I was there shooting at the hellion. Used the Mazu that I have retired, since it kills well even if my AR doesn't gain levels. I am pretty sure I did not miss any extra XP floating in the air...

quadkilla
05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Well I kill like 2 skitterlings and get in my car and run archers over or wait for them to spawn and i usually get 7.5 to 10k xp

mikepaul
05-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Flying hellion. 12:58 left. #8 on Top 20 list. 2 extra keycodes.

If position on the list matters, then that explains why a previous 12-something got me no extra keycodes.

And the start time seemed to reset to 20 minutes as we finished the last small arkfall. Travel time to get to the final battle made it about a 6 minute fight. I am seeing a pattern where if there was a really OP weapon, like maybe the VOT Plasma Pulser, the flying hellion could be sub-15 minutes, but with the heads to kill and the bugs to kill it would still be close. The attached hellion requires one big bug to die then you get clear shots at the boss until it dies, leading to quicker deaths.

Too bad the 'brain bug' arkfalls aren't as common as they could be, to test how that goes. Progenitors are so iffy, with the arms that are rigged (yes, I said it, it's intentionally rigged) to be hard to get down, the time is probably completely out of our control. It does give extra stuff, so I'll have to do a few and see what the numbers are...

mikepaul
05-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Attached hellion. Due to adjoining bug quest, no timer shown. #8 on the Top 20 list. 10K extra XP. 3,000 extra salvage. 1 extra keycode. Nearly a full trifecta.

Time must have been good, but with the overlapping things going on the timer couldn't be seen. I ran back to the center of the playfield but the other project's name was still there...

mikepaul
05-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Progenitor arkfall. 24:38 left. #10 on the Top 20 list. Trifecta: 10K, 3,000, 2 keycodes.

Timer seemed to start at 30 minutes. People worked well together on shooting the Progenitor: died during the second hatch opening of the second pass. Or, at 3AM-ish it gets easier to kill. #10 on the list only needed 63K or so in damage, and that included like 2 minors before the main battle.

Starting to look like if you want extra XP, you can show up late but you have to work to get the boss down quick, or hope others do it for you. Extra keycodes, score high on the list. Extra salvage? Maybe speed; still not sure, but maybe only I like an extra 3K in salvage anyway...

MrClip26
05-12-2013, 01:01 AM
im pretty sure you have to deal a certain amount of damage..i only say this because i tested it and i dealt massive damage to the helion in the ark fall and basically every enemy and got 10k and 5 keycodes..then did it the noob way and only killed a enemy and only hit the boss once and only got 3 keycodes and 2500xp..who knows for sure though..so basically i take out my saw everytime the boss is out and deal lots of damage and hopefully the killshot.. i get it 8/10 times

A s0t
05-12-2013, 01:24 AM
i ran down to a scrapper ark fall shot the arm once and bailed i got 5 keys

wORLDbREAKER
05-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Just do this. Equip a stingray, do a little damage, then heal others for a full charge. You'll get five every time. I've had zero kills with 8 damage and still manage to get five keys, but I have done 2 million and got three. It would get me so upset do get top spot and get less than five, so I always healed to increase my bmg skill. It's never failed me.

mikepaul
05-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Just do this. Equip a stingray, do a little damage, then heal others for a full charge. You'll get five every time. I've had zero kills with 8 damage and still manage to get five keys, but I have done 2 million and got three. It would get me so upset do get top spot and get less than five, so I always healed to increase my bmg skill. It's never failed me.
Possibly I did some healing when I got the keys. All I was tracking was the position in the list, not all the numbers on it. Since I *still* can't sleep, I might do some more...

Buu
05-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Next on Defiance: Hit Ratio exploited in Arkfalls. People doing a critical shot and AFKing for the extra keys.

stormbringer328
05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I am currently ego 3128. Unless I show up as it is ending, I rarely rank less than 8th at the end of an arkfall. I've noticed that rank andoverall dmg have nothing to do with more keycodes or bonus xp. If you spend a lot of time getting criticals on the boss you seem to get better bonus. Try it on the attatched helion till you get the hang of it. I really don't think one person out of everyone 10k plus consistently. No way others aren't doing the same at the same time. I think key code numbers is a crap shot. Random. I seem to remember that is something they are fixing with next big patch. Last few days and minors have given me zip in keycodes. Even with high dmg, kills, etc.

Worldviewsinc
05-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I've finished Arkfalls in first and gotten 3 keys and finished 13th and gotten 5. What determines what you get??

Dude...Are you THE Leroy Jenkins, from that YouTube video...

AlchemicSpartan
05-12-2013, 02:14 PM

I don't know if anyone answered this yet, but anytime I've gotten the kill shot on the boss I get 25k XP from it.

Nexx
05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Scrapper Progenitor Cores and Hellbug Hellions (Not Mature) are the ones that give you the extra salvage.

As for the keys, I'm not sure what the deciding factor is but when I get at least 1 revive, I get 5 keycodes. I haven't fully tested this theory though.

The XP is also a mystery to me.

wORLDbREAKER
05-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Next on Defiance: Hit Ratio exploited in Arkfalls. People doing a critical shot and AFKing for the extra keys.

Extra keys would be above five. Standard reward should be five and nothing less. Trion should of made it where you only get completion rewards if you're inside the red area.

mikepaul
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I tried just using a BMG in one Progenitor arkfall. Extra 3,000 salvage but that's it.

Revived a couple of people in another couple of hellion arkfalls, got extra keycodes. Tried again later, people didn't have the patience to just lie there and wait for help. If you see extra keycodes, look for any revival credit you got.

NOW, the numbers revived always seem inflated, so maybe there's a level of BMG use that, if you actually HELP somebody, you get enough of a revival score to get the keycodes. How a drive-by arkfall participation would get you extra keycodes is unknown. And if you don't stick around, you can't pick up the extra salvage, if a drive-by gets you that too.

Ran into a group where one guy was selling oranges. We talked a bit, and they all swore up and down that extra keycodes are random and not subject to things like revival. Too many anecdotes will get in the way of testing. Hoping for documentation eventually...

StanleyPain
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Scrapper Progenitor Cores and Hellbug Hellions (Not Mature) are the ones that give you the extra salvage.

As for the keys, I'm not sure what the deciding factor is but when I get at least 1 revive, I get 5 keycodes. I haven't fully tested this theory though.

The XP is also a mystery to me.

I'm convinced the 10k exp. has something to do with how much overall damage you've done and NOT the kill shot, though it seems like I have only gotten the bonus if I'm dealing damage to the final boss at the time it dies. The reason I say this is that I pretty much ALWAYS get the extra 10k exp on the Hellion arkfalls where it has arms. Because of the gland-points, I usually get a way higher damage score on those arkfalls, way more than I get on any other type of arkfall, and I ALWAYS get the 10k bonus. I think it's tied to your personal damage dealing.

GimlisonofGloin
05-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Extra keys would be above five. Standard reward should be five and nothing less. Trion should of made it where you only get completion rewards if you're inside the red area.

I did two small crystals to completion but had to afk for the final boss so I fast tracked to somewhere that was out with the big red circle and when I came back from afk I didn't get any reward so maybe they have fixed this

mikepaul
05-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Just when I had a pattern going, randomness showed up.

Progenitor arkfall. Sliver of life left when I arrived. 5K extra XP, 3,000 extra salvage, 2 extra keys. My score: 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 revived, 3243 damage.

So no revival required for extra keycodes. No heroic effort. Nothing.

Have fun, get what you get...

myrope
05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't know if anyone answered this yet, but anytime I've gotten the kill shot on the boss I get 25k XP from it.

Iget 12,000xp with the critical kill shot

jif
05-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I just think it's bugged and purely random

Steppdaddy
05-12-2013, 11:44 PM
There is only one weapon type that will allow you to get a guaranteed 5 keys every time.

If you show up at any part of the arkfall for any amount of time it's 5 every time.

I don't want to reveal this because it will probably be abused but I'm sure a quite a few of the clever players out there have already figured this out.

MRE
05-13-2013, 12:19 AM
There is only one weapon type that will allow you to get a guaranteed 5 keys every time.

If you show up at any part of the arkfall for any amount of time it's 5 every time.

I don't want to reveal this because it will probably be abused but I'm sure a quite a few of the clever players out there have already figured this out.

You might as well 'Tell' on that weapon right now. I normally hit Arkfalls with shotty and saw. or pistol and Snippy the sniper rifle. I can normally make top ten at the event and get the 10k bonus. Average 3 keys (never 4) sometimes 5. So thats 4 weapons down, please spare me the boredom ;)

wORLDbREAKER
05-13-2013, 03:13 AM
I did two small crystals to completion but had to afk for the final boss so I fast tracked to somewhere that was out with the big red circle and when I came back from afk I didn't get any reward so maybe they have fixed this

It might have been the arkfall glitch or they didn't defeat the boss before time expired. I can tag three arkfalls simultaneously by fast travel and receive 15 keycodes. I usually drive vendor to vendor and get the completion notifications while driving.

wORLDbREAKER
05-13-2013, 03:15 AM
you might as well 'tell' on that weapon right now. I normally hit arkfalls with shotty and saw. Or pistol and snippy the sniper rifle. I can normally make top ten at the event and get the 10k bonus. Average 3 keys (never 4) sometimes 5. So thats 4 weapons down, please spare me the boredom ;)

bmg.......

Stonga
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
The Mature Helion never gives me experience anymore.. Only scrapper core and the infant Helion. Anyone else have this problem?

mikepaul
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
The Mature Helion never gives me experience anymore.. Only scrapper core and the infant Helion. Anyone else have this problem?
What happens at the end of the arkfall? Results page should say something, then that number plus any bonuses should float by in yellow...

mikepaul
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM
bmg.......
So, the trick all along has been the use or lack of use of a specific weapon, and that weapon might be a BMG?

So if I was to always BMG something in every arkfall from now on, I'd always get 5?

I'll give it a shot anyway. Three isn't getting me those loser lockboxes fast enough...

Stonga
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
What happens at the end of the arkfall? Results page should say something, then that number plus any bonuses should float by in yellow...

What I'm saying that all other arkfall bosses give you bonus XP the moment you kill them. The Mature Helion does not give XP at all.

I'm not talking about the 7500xp you get for finishing the arkfall.

The arkfalls in question is the ones named "Revolting Hellbugs" The last boss does not give you xp. Try it and see.

mikepaul
05-21-2013, 03:54 PM
What I'm saying that all other arkfall bosses give you bonus XP the moment you kill them. The Mature Helion does not give XP at all.

I'm not talking about the 7500xp you get for finishing the arkfall.

The arkfalls in question is the ones named "Revolting Hellbugs" The last boss does not give you xp. Try it and see.
I've gotten bonus XP from every kind of arkfall there is. Probably got it first with the flying Hellion. Perhaps whatever causes it has never happened when you did your Mature ones. I don't always get it...

mikepaul
05-21-2013, 09:05 PM
So if I was to always BMG something in every arkfall from now on, I'd always get 5?
No, no I don't.

BMG, bolt-action sniper, semi-auto sniper, Ground Pounder. Best I got was 4 keycodes, and that was my standard Mazu and Incubator...

Nexx
05-21-2013, 09:57 PM
No, no I don't.

BMG, bolt-action sniper, semi-auto sniper, Ground Pounder. Best I got was 4 keycodes, and that was my standard Mazu and Incubator...

You have to heal with the BMG not just damage. This method has guaranteed me 5 each and every Arkfall, I just heal whoever is hurt and damage the Boss as much as I can.

DieSlow321
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
im pretty sure you have to deal a certain amount of damage..i only say this because i tested it and i dealt massive damage to the helion in the ark fall and basically every enemy and got 10k and 5 keycodes..then did it the noob way and only killed a enemy and only hit the boss once and only got 3 keycodes and 2500xp..who knows for sure though..so basically i take out my saw everytime the boss is out and deal lots of damage and hopefully the killshot.. i get it 8/10 times

Negative.... Minimum damage is not a requirement at all .... you can 'tag' an arkfall and assure the full 5 keycodes by making sure to do 3 very easy things. 1. Kill something, even a skitterling, it doesnt matter just solo kill 1 enemy. 2. Do 'any' damage to the objective. i.e. the crystal or final boss or what not. One shot is enough for this. 3. Heal someone. They have to have taken damage.

Complete these 3 very easy tasks in about 30 seconds .... and move on. Full 5 keycodes incoming.

Good Luck & Have Fun

glome
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
You have to heal with the BMG not just damage. This method has guaranteed me 5 each and every Arkfall, I just heal whoever is hurt and damage the Boss as much as I can.
yep.. this has gotten me 5 keys every time as long as i heal and do damage i always earn 5 keys i only heal 1 or 2 people and go back too killing always works for me!!

mikepaul
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
I tried firing the BMG at everything and everyone. If it didn't heal anyone, it's because nobody I came across needed healing. That kinda lessens the guarantee aspect a touch...

What model BMG do you use? Maybe that changes how well this idea works...

mikepaul
05-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Never noticed that when I saw someone in need of healing (shield damaged) then tried to focus a BMG on them, they disappeared. Happened a bunch of times. Never got one heal credit. Something else got me an extra keycode later, when I'd given up and focused on my SMG grinding. Finally hit Level 5 and finished that pursuit...