PDA

View Full Version : Arkfalls?

CorathSS
03-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Alright, from the footage I saw, and in live streams, Arkfalls were randomly generated, and varied in their difficulty, I've been playing for 5 Hours now, and the only Arkfalls I encountered were stupidly hard <Requiring a horde of us to do>

Further more, the only Arkfall I saw like the live stream etc was the side quest one where you meet Jack. Take down some mobs, arkfall crystal explodes..oh wait. No it didn't, it just said it would, then cutscene, then bamf, there it was, gone.

In the Livestream, we clearly see the Arkfall Crystals explode -after- you clear the area. Am I missing some thing, or what? So far, every Arkfall I've done, has been 'blow up the crystal using enemies exposing weakness."

Any one else a bit pissed off about this? Because clearly in the Livestream, Greg did not have to blow up a crystal, he was just holding off mutants for an extended period of time and then they 'secured' the Arkfall and blows up, and they pick loot up off the ground. This whole point thing for how you do, sucks. You can't sit there and try to explain it to people, because you don't get points, and because of the timer, you gotta explain it.

So tell me Trion, why did you change Arkfalls into a small group/solo possible event mechanic into a painfully long endeavour, in which there really isn't any loot.

Rabid Cat
03-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I have run a few of them today, and i think that most people just dont understand what to do. Seeing as most are new (beta is only a few hours old) just give them some time to figure it out. On our first one, we shot everything for about 10 minutes with no result... then we found its weakness and took it down rather quickly :D

And FYI, in the live stream Greg didnt even make it in the top 20 for contribution toward the arkfall... This should be your first clue. If your doing what he was doing, your doing it wrong.

CorathSS
03-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Yes, but I thought there was minor arkfalls not requiring you to have a HORDE..and with the exploding knocking down bit ..and well. Loot Loot. I wanted to find rare items from Arkfalls. The way the are now, they aren't worth fighting for at all.

Haddez
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Question, what is an 'Arkfall'? Is it what they call the randomly generated missions?

CorathSS
03-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Specifically an event where pieces of the Arks hit the earth, and enemies show up to try and steal em etc. Your supposed to hold them off etc..but it's now just 'blow up crystal via boring long process, and get XP and some cash'

There is no epic loot as they made it sound like.

lundwooder
03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
There Is minor arkfalls I've done lots of them, there's ones with mutants, raiders and 3 waves of hell bugs

Justified
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes, but I thought there was minor arkfalls not requiring you to have a HORDE..and with the exploding knocking down bit ..and well. Loot Loot. I wanted to find rare items from Arkfalls. The way the are now, they aren't worth fighting for at all.

From what I've read in other threads, none of the arkfalls have loot in the beta. The launch will have loot though. I won't be wasting my time with them in the beta.

6Strummer
03-22-2013, 03:04 PM
From what I've read in other threads, none of the arkfalls have loot in the beta. The launch will have loot though. I won't be wasting my time with them in the beta.

Yup no loot from the arkfalls in the beta is what I read too. I don't think they're a waste of time though. They're great fun. Cool to see one with lots of players.