PDA

View Full Version : Paying for extraction

IronDuke 177
05-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Why is it all of a sudden we are paying for an extraction when we die and cant get help for revival??? We should not have to pay a penalty for this!! So please reverse the extraction fee.... Thanks. P.S. I play on a PS3 if that makes a difference... If others agree with me, please let them know.....

Myst
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Well the extraction isn't exactly taxing on one's funds, besides I think this was always the case they just decided to make it more noticeable.

Traxx
05-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Yes, and its costing me a lot of script. However in parts of the Co-op missions y

Chemikz
05-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Why is it all of a sudden we are paying for an extraction when we die and cant get help for revival??? We should not have to pay a penalty for this!! So please reverse the extraction fee.... Thanks. P.S. I play on a PS3 if that makes a difference... If others agree with me, please let them know.....

Why shouldn't you have to pay a penalty fee? You died aka lost the game.

Clown
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
There needs to be some sort of penalty for dying and script is understandable and acceptable. If the extraction fee is denting your script then I suggest dying less.

Dazz
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, it always cost some scrip. It starts costing more as you go higher too. It didn't always put that red sign up though. When I was really struggling with Nim the 1st time through and was almost completely broke from extraction fees, I wondered what would happen if I had insufficient funds to rez.

Ataraxia
05-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Pfft. If anything they should increase the fee.

Dazz
05-11-2013, 08:42 PM
There needs to be some sort of penalty for dying and script is understandable and acceptable. If the extraction fee is denting your script then I suggest dying less.

lol, how far can you crawl? 1.2km from Iron Demon ranch, maybe somebody can heal... sometime next week :P

Myst
05-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it always cost some scrip. It starts costing more as you go higher too. It didn't always put that red sign up though. When I was really struggling with Nim the 1st time through and was almost completely broke from extraction fees, I wondered what would happen if I had insufficient funds to rez.

I don't know is it supposed to be higher than 1.5k ego? Since I'm sitting at about 1.2k and I'm still only losing 180 or something while sitting on about 100-200k scrip.

Numina
05-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Wait, what? I've been paying for these fees since launch... And the extraction is really not that much scrip.

Buu
05-11-2013, 08:48 PM

All of sudden you're SEEING the cost that ALWAYS was there since day one.

Dazz
05-11-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't know is it supposed to be higher than 1.5k ego? Since I'm sitting at about 1.2k and I'm still only losing 180 or something while sitting on about 100-200k scrip.

Not sure how it works, but I died on a new toon yesterday and it cost me like 13 scrip. Now at 250 ego on him, its costing me over 100. Dunno if there's a limit or a percentage of your bank or what.

Myst
05-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Not sure how it works, but I died on a new toon yesterday and it cost me like 13 scrip. Now at 250 ego on him, its costing me over 100. Dunno if there's a limit or a percentage of your bank or what.

Hmm on my new character today when I died it seemed to be 180 ish as well so I'm kind of confused...

Traxx
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm at 800+ and I pay 180 too.

FlippyCake
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
180 @ 1.1k as well.

cypheon
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM

pro-tip: get out of your vehicle before you reach the quest/emergency spawning grounds, walk into it so you can take out a target or two before you have aggro from the whole camp... as driving into the middle and hopping out gets -everythings- attention, immediately.

and... honestly... "i should not have a death penalty" makes me wonder if your parents ever so much as shoved a bar of soap in your mouth for swearing at the dinner table. you sound like one of these youngins who's never felt discipline...

Gabrielle
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
This bothered me a lot during beta/alpha. Yet I don't think it's really that bad now, after all we can't do lots of things with scrips and it isn't that much but guess if it's bugging so many of you they should take it to consideration

Jinn Goodman
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Why is it all of a sudden we are paying for an extraction when we die and cant get help for revival??? We should not have to pay a penalty for this!! So please reverse the extraction fee.... Thanks. P.S. I play on a PS3 if that makes a difference... If others agree with me, please let them know.....The extraction a fraction of your current scrip. I doubt you have a million scrip and it's taking 1k away (which is still not that big of a deal). It isn't that bad.

ratt707
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Make it cool thousand and extend the self revive timer. Watch as people learn to play better, revive their teammates, and use tactics.

carpesangrea
05-11-2013, 09:30 PM
All of sudden you're SEEING the cost that ALWAYS was there since day one.

This. The cost has always been there, you just never saw the notification.

Unsent Soul
05-11-2013, 09:31 PM
I think it should be 10% of your current scrip. 180 is weak sauce, if you are dying all the time then look at how you play... Stop sucking.....

Arsenic_Touch
05-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Definitely need to increase the cost of death, not get rid of it.

Azumi RM
05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Most other games I have played actually deduct experience points for death. One of them even took 50% of what you had earned. When you got to a high level, 1 level would take you over a week to do on average so it really was bad. I don't mind a little scrip.

Myst
05-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Most other games I have played actually deduct experience points for death. One of them even took 50% of what you had earned. When you got to a high level, 1 level would take you over a week to do on average so it really was bad. I don't mind a little scrip.

http://www.themogblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ffxi.jpg ?? Level down and then the crying begins as you have to level back up ;_;

Galactimus
05-11-2013, 10:23 PM
The penalty price is really quite minimal. I know its based on your total scrip as when I kept dying on purpose to the San Quentin Hulker my death penalty was getting lower and lower. Therefore, even if you only have 5-10k you are STILL paying almost nothing for dying. I almost feel the death penalty is far too lenient as scrip comes in ample supply.

A single Motherlode coop run earns me enough scrip to pay off my death penalty for an entire... month?

Myst
05-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Before I go to bed I think this is what dying should do. Get a hold of your wallet and charge bits, then take away said bits when you die!

http://i.imgur.com/x0HssOq.gif

thejx4
05-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes, and its costing me a lot of script. However in parts of the Co-op missions y

it's like 130?

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Why shouldn't you have to pay a penalty fee? You died aka lost the game.

Yea and most games take XP which is worse than cash.

Moosk
05-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Definitely need to increase the cost of death, not get rid of it.

I second this motion

CrYpToNiTe
05-11-2013, 11:50 PM
really? complaining for 180 scripts? How often does one die anyway? There's really not much of a penalty for dying in this game already. no repair cost and such..

IronDuke 177
05-12-2013, 08:42 AM
pro-tip: get out of your vehicle before you reach the quest/emergency spawning grounds, walk into it so you can take out a target or two before you have aggro from the whole camp... as driving into the middle and hopping out gets -everythings- attention, immediately.

and... honestly... "i should not have a death penalty" makes me wonder if your parents ever so much as shoved a bar of soap in your mouth for swearing at the dinner table. you sound like one of these youngins who's never felt discipline...

Just for your. info, I am 63yrs young, the death penalty was not there when I started playing beta maybe it came later when the PS 3 was the last to get the updates, and yes I have had a bar of soap shoved in my mouth..... But thanks anyway.....

fang1192
05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
the death penalty was not there when I started playing beta

Yes it was.

Chaotic Calm
05-12-2013, 09:01 AM
I am on the side of Id like a harsher penalty when i die, 180 scrip puts me at a who cares what happens kinda mode.

Blackwolfe
05-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Unless you die a hundred times per hour (to exaggerate a bit, in which case you'd better start playing an easier game, preferably with lots of hand-holding) I don't see how the current scrip penalty on extraction will make any difference.

DaxterJack
05-12-2013, 11:40 AM
They should be increasing the price not removing it.

Gradius
05-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I've always been of the opinion that there should always be a penalty for dying in a game. Death penalties make for a better player, if that player has the ability to understand what killed them, how they died, and learn from that (if it was avoidable) and move on.

knighttwin1
05-12-2013, 02:55 PM
As most other posters mentioned 180 is nothing. If your dieing that much to make a dent. you definitely need more practice or a guide.

Atticus Batman
05-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Just for your. info, I am 63yrs young, the death penalty was not there when I started playing beta maybe it came later when the PS 3 was the last to get the updates, and yes I have had a bar of soap shoved in my mouth..... But thanks anyway.....

It's always been there, always will be. What's the problem? Try playing a game like Xcom. Kill your character, he stays dead. Is that what you want them to de here instead of paying? You die, you get penalized. It's ALWAYS been that way in games, )hopefully) always WILL!

Atticus Batman
05-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Or get a friend you can trust to play, and give him your scrip whenever it's over 110 to hold then you will never pay much when you die and you can ALWAYS get money from your friend (personal banker) whenever you need it. But like everyone has pointed out 180 scrip isn't much and is VERY easy to get.

Jack Johnson
05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd rather the penalty for dying be more situational to what you're doing. In PvP you don't want to die for obvious reasons. In PvE instance boss fights you don't want to die either, since you're extracted outside of the boss room. Just make future content have some sort of situational punishment for dying. I've already said I think hard mode arkfall should give you radiation sickness and ban you from re-enterining for 30 minutes if you extract, and that hard mode co-ops should make more use out of boss doors.

Almiel
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Tips for dying less:

make better use of cover
get a Respark shield, especially the Regenerator (it heals you super fast along with the fast recharge); combine with tip #1
use Decoy to reduce aggro
get the perk Fortitude and level it up
spawn your roller and jump in while shield regens (cheap, but works when there's not much cover). Get out before it blows up so that it refreshes faster (takes longer when it's destroyed).

ctabako
05-12-2013, 03:50 PM

You have always paid for extractions, however before the patch it was very hard to see it. It was in small text at the bottom left hand side of the screen. Also 180 bucks as a death penalty is extremely weak. Try losing all of your gear if you can't get back to it or half a level of exp.

Orge Lambart
05-12-2013, 03:59 PM
This game has one of the least brutal death penalties of any game out there. 180 scrip is nothing, in the old EQ days you'd lost xp that would cost you upwards of 6 hours to earn back. Heck you could even lose your level and not be able to equip lots of your equipment.

Wow has their Death Peanlty thing, not really too sure how it works anymore, been years since I played it. 180 scrip isn't that big of a deal all things considered unless you are dieing a whole lot or something.

DamnShtako
05-12-2013, 04:18 PM

....Other games take a % of the money you have on you or they increase the amount of the fee as you level up...
180 scrip, is actually lowest amounts of money I've ever seen taken on any game... so yeah, try dying less... :o

I wouldn't mind if it actually got increased....

Gratty
05-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Pfft. If anything they should increase the fee.

I agree 100%
The penalty for dying in this game is so minimal. Generally games have a death penalty worth avoiding so people try their best not to die. This game is just "Teehee! I went down. Oh well, looks like it's time to extract for the 320445 time this mission! :D"

Pyth
05-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I wonder how much money the San Quentin Hulker has taken from players.

I've taken to calling him "The Stock Market".

Malachi
05-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't understand. I thought we've always been paying an extraction fee? It's pocket change, but it's been there since launch.

alienoid
05-12-2013, 05:33 PM
This game has one of the least brutal death penalties of any game out there. 180 scrip is nothing, in the old EQ days you'd lost xp that would cost you upwards of 6 hours to earn back. Heck you could even lose your level and not be able to equip lots of your equipment..

Not to mention the evil corpse run in the nude (or with spare gear from the bank) ;)

PseudoCool
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I think my only complain about the extraction fee is this:

Say you are solo'ing.. and you get swamped and have to extract. Yes.. this does happen, infact, I'm finding that Scrappers and Dark Matter are REALLY GOOD at doing it sometimes. Now.. you pay 180 scrip.

The "problem" with that.. if you read the mission rewards, you only receive 200 scrip for completion! So, you've effectively just lost 90% of your "reward" for a single death/extract. That's a bit harsh for most casual players. And not always are you dropping money like flies on horsepucks here in the game.

So.. I don't think the extraction should be raised like many people, but 180 is pretty easy to get back (a single co-op nets about 1500 on a bad run), but I also don't think it should be taken out either. There needs to be SOME form of death penalty.

alienoid
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Used to be 5% of your wallet in Alpha. Now we paid attention to deaths ;)

PseudoCool
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Used to be 5% of your wallet in Alpha. Now we paid attention to deaths ;)

That we did.. and it's probably why I generally keep myself broke in the live version now...lol I don't think I've had my pocket over 31K since launch.. I'm always buying something.

alienoid
05-12-2013, 06:02 PM
That we did.. and it's probably why I generally keep myself broke in the live version now...lol I don't think I've had my pocket over 31K since launch.. I'm always buying something.

True, so did I lol Can't get rid of the "how to avoid losing money on deaths ? Keep yourself broke !" way ;)

Sarin
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Can't tell if this thread is a joke or not...

Extraction fees are 180 scrip.. right now I'm pretty broke and only have 72.000Scrip.

Also if you're dying so much that this is even affecting you then learn to take cover and don't try to pull the whole zone..

Azumi RM
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.themogblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ffxi.jpg ?? Level down and then the crying begins as you have to level back up ;_;

Haha no. It was redmoon online. Once you reached level 900 each level would take perhaps a whole week of leveling at a regular pace. Die once and you lose 50% of what you have. It was impossible to lose a level as 50% of 0 is 0. Still, it was a real pain in the backside. No wonder level 1000 people were rare.

aRtFuL
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I've already said I think hard mode arkfall should give you radiation sickness and ban you from re-enterining for 30 minutes if you extract, and that hard mode co-ops should make more use out of boss doors.

I don't think there is any point to this at all, since with arkfall a lot of ppl don't even do the whole thing anyways - just tag 1 phrase and go to the next arkfall so that you get the maximum amount of keycode/items in the shortest time.

As for the current death penalty, it is so small and it is nothing. Also why is the TS dying so much? There must be some issue with the strategy that he is employing (ie. rush headlong into a fight without first checking how many he possibly will be fighting)... also you got 1 free self-rez, and if you are dying a lot you can also pick up perks and weapons that recycles revives faster.

Jack Johnson
05-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't think there is any point to this at all, since with arkfall a lot of ppl don't even do the whole thing anyways - just tag 1 phrase and go to the next arkfall so that you get the maximum amount of keycode/items in the shortest time.

That can be addressed separately. People will do that regardless of how much an extraction costs if it is an option. The bigger issue is that there isn't challenging content IMO.

xxJUSTINxx
05-12-2013, 07:25 PM
It's been 180 for me for a while now, sitting at Ego 4,000 and Script 500,000. It doesn't raise or lower.

aRtFuL
05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
That can be addressed separately. People will do that regardless of how much an extraction costs if it is an option. The bigger issue is that there isn't challenging content IMO.

Even if for the people that stick it out, it is STILL pointless.

People WILL rez you during arkfall because it helps them farm up the rez that are required for the pursuits - in fact they will fight or even sacrifice their own lives to rez you, if it means them finishing their Ark hunter pursuit and getting that nice looking outfit.

There are almost no chance, lets alone no need, to extract from arkfall

Anatol
05-12-2013, 09:10 PM
they should rise this penalty to EXP lost :) if you are a noob you should pay for your faults. and you you said 150 scripts is much? really??? you cannot be serious OMG. Players in these days are really band of no skill tea.

MirrorStream
05-12-2013, 09:41 PM
the extraction fee must be 1600 instead of 160 scrip, cause death now has almost any negative effects for player, which is casual crap.

cypheon
05-12-2013, 10:00 PM

yes, it was there. however, until the latest content patch there was no noticeable pop up to tell you that it was there. it would just eat up your wallet while you're running around trying out new builds / weapons and/or creating ways to have a good time in the game, leaving one to wonder why they could never afford the 14k scrip car after completing a dozen missions and arkfalls throughout the day.

i will concede that a month after launch, instead of one of the first patches in alpha, is a bit long to wait before actually putting such an important notification into the game, however.

cypheon
05-12-2013, 10:04 PM
This game has one of the least brutal death penalties of any game out there. 180 scrip is nothing, in the old EQ days you'd lost xp that would cost you upwards of 6 hours to earn back. Heck you could even lose your level and not be able to equip lots of your equipment.

6 hours? what were you, a quad kiting wizard? wood elf rangers who's schedule never matched their guilds lost an entire weekend's worth of farming.

not that i'm bitter about race/class exp penalties being allowed to persist for so long in everquest, or anything...