PDA

View Full Version : Resistances bugged?

Muffins
05-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Just wondering if anyone is finding resistances currently not working as intended, or my bad luck has played its card.

I used to have a Bio shield to prevent hellbugs from slowing me down (I really hate that element.) and it used to work, a hellbug would blow up and 4 others around me would be slowed and I'd be fine.
Then I got an orange shield and have been using that since, that was about two or three patches ago.

Now I got another Bio shield and it seems as if the resistance doesn't toggle at all.

Laughing Man
05-12-2013, 12:18 AM
dunno m8.my shield are working.

Monkerlotus
05-12-2013, 12:30 AM
I have the same issue, my elemental shields do nothing.

Tyger
05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Moar testing is required!!!!! Get back to your bakery, Muffins and screenie the crap out of some buggy moments for further discussion. Till then I will assume you have the worst luck ever and should probably hide in an E-rep tent till things blow over.

P.S. No seriously... test it some with screenies so we can get the devs attention.

P.P.S. There may be a DR issue where you're able to take 1 or 2 attack types of that kind but the 3rd will bleed thru. I dunno' just thought of it when I posted. Could be that you are noticing.

Muffins
05-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Moar testing is required!!!!! Get back to your bakery, Muffins and screenie the crap out of some buggy moments for further discussion. Till then I will assume you have the worst luck ever and should probably hide in an E-rep tent till things blow over.

P.S. No seriously... test it some with screenies so we can get the devs attention.

P.P.S. There may be a DR issue where you're able to take 1 or 2 attack types of that kind but the 3rd will bleed thru. I dunno' just thought of it when I posted. Could be that you are noticing.

Screenshots of a resistance which previously was a percentage to negate being affected by said element?

Who's to say I wouldn't just take a picture of me being infected then just claim 'this happens everytime!!!!', I could take a video but there'd be no comparison to show with it since I didn't take a video of what resistances were.

All I can tell you is if you have a Biological resistance and every hellbug attack slows you down with a sticky goo then something isn't right about resistances, or that the duration of it is as equally long as without one.

Tyger
05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
whaddya' want from me??? You are on a forum. In here it's Screenies or it didn't happen. Ok?

Who's to say you didn't just start a thread to make it sound like you found a glitch in order to have a relevant topic that gets a lot of attention. All i'm saying is work at crunchin' sum #'s or at the very least frap it with still-shots of said inc attack. Any more clues as to how this could be done will cost you. My veteran advice is considerably cheap but not free.

Defy
05-12-2013, 11:16 AM
I think my shield was working properly but ill dbl check

Muffins
05-12-2013, 02:06 PM
whaddya' want from me??? You are on a forum. In here it's Screenies or it didn't happen. Ok?

Who's to say you didn't just start a thread to make it sound like you found a glitch in order to have a relevant topic that gets a lot of attention. All i'm saying is work at crunchin' sum #'s or at the very least frap it with still-shots of said inc attack. Any more clues as to how this could be done will cost you. My veteran advice is considerably cheap but not free.

I'm not here to point a finger and claim it's another bug, I'm here to ask. Do you see the single, question mark?
The single question mark, as is designated by the English language, not three? It's a question.

Or the first sentence of the post, 'Just wondering if anyone is finding resistances currently not working as intended--'; It may not have a question mark, but with the way the words have compiled themselves to form the sentence, they ask a question to other people. That question asking, if anyone else is currently experience the supposed issue I am.
With the following to that also, 'or my bad luck has played its card' is a metaphor that means luck is currently not going my way.
Meaning that despite percentages, I'm on the bad end of the percentage. Do I want myself to be buffed? Not at all. I just want to confirm if shield resistances are currently bugged or not, or that if my luck is just that bad right now.

In case you were wondering, I underlined the word 'supposed' because it comes back to the point of that this thread is a question, and not an accusation.
I can't even comprehend how you can even see this as some sort of attention grab considering the intention of the thread.

I'm not sure if you're trying to sound smart but you're coming off as an incredibly transparent troll (you can google that one if you're also unsure on the English language), to of which just making this post will either have a 'lol responded!' or 'WAT U SAY ABOT ME WOW WAT AN IDIOT LMAO!!', so in short I'm going to ignore you here on after because you're way too transparent or stupid.

I had fun typing this.

Natjur
05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
The resistance on shields only effects the % chance those nano effect triggering on you (drops it by 50%)

Any effect which has 100% chance of triggering is not effected, that includes the bio effect from the bugs, and the fire from grenades.

Muffins
05-12-2013, 02:23 PM
The resistance on shields only effects the % chance those nano effect triggering on you (drops it by 50%)

Any effect which has 100% chance of triggering is not effected, that includes the bio effect from the bugs, and the fire from grenades.
Hellbugs have a 100% chance to bio you? Well that stinks! Guess I have no real use for resistances now since I don't care too much about anything else.

Monkerlotus
05-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Hellbugs have a 100% chance to bio you? Well that stinks! Guess I have no real use for resistances now since I don't care too much about anything else.

Yeah gunfire is easy to avoid, Hellbugs are a pain for me lol