PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - Better/complex weaponry/modification

theblackfrog
05-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Hi,

im not a high grade player (just around lvl 580) but I do think this game needs better/more weapon(system) or modification. This game has so much stolen from borderlands but not the different stats in weapons. What is a bit strange. I thought its nice to find a very good weapon but all are the same (what you normally do in an mmo). Like the shields. So it seems it does not make sense to grind weapons. Well if u could build your own weapons with components and building complex strange things THAT would be cool. And different types of ammo...something u can combine. Explosive bullets with autoaiming but less velocity or so.... the main focus in this game are the weapons/mods/shields so lets change the way it is....boring.

just my 2 cents
tbf

Chevota
05-12-2013, 07:51 AM
This game has so much stolen from borderlands

Please elaborate? Do you mean just the Color-Ranking of items, because the color-ranking system is LONG before Borderlands... In BL 1 and 2, Weapons are not customizable at all. Shields work completely different in BL, having active attacking effects, not merely resistances. Grenades have the MOST customization of anything in the game, not just 4 different types.

As a heavy fan of both Borderlands, i was highly disappointed in the LACK of weapon modding in BL2. That said im not a hacker that used programs to hack my game.

theblackfrog
05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
no, the weapons, mods, shields, the lockbox, even the damage fonts above the enemies lol.....u feel borderlands there. yeah weapons are not customizable but every weapon has different stats so no need to mod it :P

and the colorcode is as old as diablo :D

Kutsune
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
You want to build your own weapon? what and taking an existing weapon and changing it completely using the 4 mod slots isnt making your own weapon? i garuntee that my VOT Blaster will be different to your VOT blaster in some way or other. Given that you can get magazines that change the guns fire rate, or magazines that can add effects to your bullets, and scopes that can change zoom levels, i think you havent looked at many mods yet lol.

As for not seeing the point in gridning out weapons, the fact you only get XP to the point the gun is maxed out, and that every time your weapon skill levels up it modifies all guns of that type, i think thats reason enough.

Best example i can give is the single shot assault rifle i modded to make a burst rifle, highest damage of all the assault rifles with a faster fire rate with next to no recoil. and my shotgun i added explosive bullets to.

Random
05-12-2013, 12:57 PM
no, the weapons, mods, shields, the lockbox, even the damage fonts above the enemies lol.....u feel borderlands there. yeah weapons are not customizable but every weapon has different stats so no need to mod it :P

and the colorcode is as old as diablo :D

Yes because borderlands was totally the one to add damage font numbers ...and weapons...and lock boxes.
Yes because shields haven't been around in this exact fashion for like 2 generations of consoles.

But sure. As your knowledge is limited by your experience I am sure you'd see borderlands versus you know....every tps that was set in the future ever.

theblackfrog
05-12-2013, 01:05 PM
ok kutsune, that sounds nifty, could you show me a pic. would like to see it. thx in advance...well as i said, im not that high enough.
well i have seeen some mods but to me they were nearly the same like the weaponry/shields :P

sry random, it seems u are blind...the lockboxes how they open up, thats borderlands, lol :D

Dandrielas
05-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't mind being able to build my own weapon, but I would prefer that they fix the bugs with the current weapon system first.

Zabuza
05-12-2013, 01:23 PM
...This game has so much stolen from borderlands...

Vault Hunters, Ark hunters? Must be it.

The shield mechanics for BL2 are very familiar, but because things like capacity are constantly rising it quickly overpowers. Wouldn't you like to have a Respark with more than 1400+ capacity? Sure, but the game would become too easy. In BL2 to make it through TVHM all you have to do is find a shield with the fastest delay; capacity and recharge are irrelevant.

theblackfrog
05-13-2013, 01:16 PM
i played again and still think the system is a bit limited....the changes arent that spectacular.