PDA

View Full Version : How are scopes for LMG's?

Lance Dracolith
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I picked up a tactical scope and, checked the forum and I like the way it looks, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with a scope on one. At first I thought it was a bit of a waste but i think I could benefit from it in PVP a lot.

Lance Dracolith
05-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Bumping up

ratt707
05-12-2013, 10:16 AM
I hate losing field of vision but the increased accuracy I feel is worth it. Many of the scopes are kinda fugly and distracting.

DOOM996
05-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Please don`t use a scope with a LMG! I had to remove all my mods after i did it, itīs just horrible imo!

Facade
05-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Are scopes still broken or did they fix it?

Yenah
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Its a love it or hate it thing really, I like both scoped and unscoped lmgs, but you need to remember to fire in bursts when using a scope, because you lose the indicator thing of the shots getting spread wider...

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
You can essentially make your LMG into an automatic sniper rifle if you mod it correctly.

For instance, I have a Frontier SAW (FRC SAW) that is outfited with level III mods in all 4 slots.
Stock - x.85 to bloom and recoil, meaning that it will reduce them by .15 each.
Mag - x1.15 clip modifier. This means it will increase my mag size by an additional .15 (Increase from 79(?) to 119)
Barrel - x1.07 Aim and hip fire damage modifier. Adds an additional .07 to base damage. (increase from 400 to 432 per shot)
Scope - x.30 ADS accuracy modifier. Makes my shot grouping equivilant to that of the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine.

I've used this particular weapon and a fire variant in conjuction with Decoy in Shadow Wars. As long as you don't mind sitting in one spot and defending then you'll be just fine. Using the fire variant (FRC SAW) is recommending, especially with the high concentration of cloak users (myself included) in PvP. I recommend the fire varient because of its DoT which will help keep cloakers from disappearing again right away after you land a few shots on them. This will give you time to reload or time for a teammate to finish what you started.

If you would rather be on the move then I suggest carrying a BMG for healing purposes, and engage from a distance. As long as you're a decent shot and are light on your feet/smart with your decoy usage then you should be able to decemate points rather quickly.

This is all from my own personal experience so I hope that this helped! :)

Lance Dracolith
05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I love using LMG's in shadow war and thought I could boost my accuracy a bit without losing awareness of my surroundings. This was all great feedback thanks guys. I guess I'll be fumbling around with a few mods.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-12-2013, 11:11 AM
I love using LMG's in shadow war and thought I could boost my accuracy a bit without losing awareness of my surroundings. This was all great feedback thanks guys. I guess I'll be fumbling around with a few mods.

Have fun! Just hope you have the Ark Salvage to "fumble around"! :)