PDA

View Full Version : Simple things to make Defiance Arkfals better game play for everyone

cusman
05-12-2013, 12:24 PM
1) Vehicles should take damage even when running over Skitterlings just like they do for nearly every other enemy type

2) Extractions should be much more costlier than 180 script

3) Direct hits from Hell Bug bosses at Major Arkfal should do enough damage to down people who would then need to be saved... all those perks related to Reviving People could then actually be useful

4) Don't just scale up the Arkfal enemy HP. Also scale up their damage potential

5) BMG should not be the only weapon type that gains XP at Arkfals (you gain BMG XP by doing healing at Arkfals)

6) Don't make the whole game unstable for people that participate in a Major Arkfal. Almost always it gets very unstable for me after Major Arkfal and if I don't quit/relaunch then eventually the game will just kick me out. Only Arkfal and Shadow Wars seem to make it super unstable for me.

Avril Parker
05-12-2013, 01:04 PM
1) Agreed. Even if it's minor damage, and can be fixed by respawning your vehicle after it got trashed.

2) Agreed. 180 Scrip is nothing.

3) Agreed. Nothing more to add.

4) I've leveled various Assault-Rifles on Arkfalls, so that argument of yours won't stand.

5) Never encountered that on EN-PC-Client.

cusman
05-12-2013, 01:22 PM
5) I've leveled various Assault-Rifles on Arkfalls, so that argument of yours won't stand.

6) Never encountered that on EN-PC-Client.

5) I have tried by going into Menu to see if weapon gained XP for each weapon and only the BMG has consistently gained XP and only for the Heal action (nothing for doing damage). I have read on these forums that doing damage to the Matron does give Weapon XP, but I am sticking to Hellbug Destruction which has Helion at the end until I get my Arkfal kills pursuit done cause I don't want to risk another kill count reset.

I would already be done if it had not been resetting whenever I switched between Arkfal types.

6) I am on PS3-NA and it definitely gets unstable after many purple dots congregate into close proximity. This only happens on Shadow Wars and Major Arkfals. Once it is "unstable" as I put it, the easy symptoms are Start Inventory Menu and Select Map menu take longer to pull up. Fast travel is slower, doesn't show costume on inventory screen, takes a while to show HUD and your gun when you switch in overworld, Co-Op, Time Trials, and Hotshots all get more buggy. It makes everything off... and eventually the game kicks you out. Used to be that the PS3 would crash but some of the recent patches have fixed it to where the game just boots you instead of Crashing the hardware.

Anytime it is getting stable, I have just learned to wrap up what I am doing, quit/relaunch and be back to normal. It must be some Memory Leak in the code or lack of "Garbage Collection" or some other complicated technical issue.

Your PC may have much more resources/memory to point where it doesn't start running low on resources and start having these sort of instability bugs just because you did Shadow Wars or Major Arkfal.

Jack Johnson
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I've posted my thoughts about hardmode arkfalls before. Vehicles should auto-destruct in hardmode arkfalls, and extracting from a hardmode arkfall should poison you, preventing you from reentering a hardmode arkfall for some period of time (the radiation from the arkfall causes these things, or nanomachines). The rest of the stuff, more elites, more enemies, more lts/bosses, more nano effects, tougher major bosses, etc, is pretty standard fare for hard mode stuff.

Iceberg
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Disable cars and disable self revive at the major arkfall locations.

BLITZKRI3G
05-12-2013, 02:22 PM
there seems to be 1 or two good ideas here but honestly most people just tag them sorry to say -_-

FatDog
05-12-2013, 04:02 PM
6) Don't make the whole game unstable for people that participate in a Major Arkfal. Almost always it gets very unstable for me after Major Arkfal and if I don't quit/relaunch then eventually the game will just kick me out. Only Arkfal and Shadow Wars seem to make it super unstable for me.

I almost quit playing around patch level 12 because every second or third Arkfal would become unstable. But about patch 14 to 15, things got better. I even participated in 3 consecutive Arkfalls without having to log off on my Xbox.

Some new glitches have popped up but the game is finally playable from a console. So things have gotten better.