View Full Version : sledgehammer talks defiance

twnanno
05-12-2013, 02:46 PM
http://youtu.be/DAY2hMrWgF4
seen this on youtube earlier
worth a listen i think

Jack Johnson
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
He sounds like he's saying there's a line of communication open with the devs, but I don't know if I really get that sense completely.

Like... in terms of content, I feel like the devs are listening. But in terms of balance? Not really. We saw a nerf to sawed offs which didn't really do a whole lot, and a nerf to every infector aside from the immunizer, which wasn't really deserved. Also, they added an internal cooldown to Thick Skinned, which was a very good and needed change, but other than that nothing has really happened and I haven't heard whether any balance changes are on the devs plates.

Edit: PTR server sounds pretty sweet.

Zemenar
05-12-2013, 04:38 PM
In the devtracker in the 1.014 patch discussion Sledge said:

We unfortunately missed a few items that were pushed live in today's 1.014 patch. The affects this had were significant to some of our players and we apologize for this oversight. We also had a shotgun magazine mod adjustment that was incorrectly applied, this will be adjusted to pre-patch settings in a hot fix in the next 48 hours.

I would however like to note that our design team is looking at weapons and mods and how those items affect gameplay vs. all the other weapons in the game. While this magazine mod was not meant to go live, we will be addressing balancing shotguns as needed in upcoming patches. With these changes you can look forward to some in-depth details on why changes are being made.

Added Patch 1.014 Notes:
- Vehicles can now only be found as specials on vehicle vendors.
- Vehicle special price has been increased.
- Additional Challenger variants added.
- Mine 99 rewards have been reduced.

Bolded the relevant stuff :D Just hope they let us know what changes they're thinking of soon

Jack Johnson
05-12-2013, 06:56 PM
So I got back from watching Pain and Gain and finished listening to the podcast, and I'll say I feel foolish for saying that they don't have their ear to the ground. Glad to hear shotties, infectors, and stealth are slated for the nerf bat in some form.

The other thing I think is really interesting is that the game has an ELO going on in the background. I guess that explains why it seems like I rarely have good players on my team, and if I do the enemy team has more - because the game actually tries to match other good players on the opposing team to balance you out. I sort of assumed at first it was random since this was never mentioned before, and MMO PvP typically is random.

3rdpig
05-12-2013, 08:11 PM
So I got back from watching Pain and Gain and finished listening to the podcast, and I'll say I feel foolish for saying that they don't have their ear to the ground. Glad to hear shotties, infectors, and stealth are slated for the nerf bat in some form.

All I can say is that if they nerf weapons any more in PvE to balance PvP they're going to drive people like me away from the game. There's got to be a way for them to balance weapons for PvP without ruining them for those of us that only play PvE.