PDA

View Full Version : It feels like there is two instances of NA PC servers running.

Iceberg
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Trying to get the contract done for blasters at farms, I noticed after parking my character at verdant ridge farm it had an arkfall there. Killed the blasters then logged out and logged back in, the area was now clean, no arkfall. Killed the blasters again and logged. My third log in I again was surrounded by the arkfall and the blasters were not there. Has anyone else been noticing this? It also seems the enemies do not spawn any more every 4 minutes, this is why I had to log out and back in so many times.

alienoid
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
There are more than 2. The servers use some kind of shards system to lighten the server load. This is why you get the option to "go to friend phase" or "go to leader" in a group.
When a teammate name is slightly greyed out, it means he's not in the same shard/phase/instance than you.

Natjur
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
If you have a lot of different friends on, you can use this to jump between a lot of shards and go around a lot of arkfalls and tag them all and get a lot of keycodes.

Hopefully they change it soon so you have to complete an arkfall instead of just tagging them

Eisberg
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
If you have a lot of different friends on, you can use this to jump between a lot of shards and go around a lot of arkfalls and tag them all and get a lot of keycodes.

Hopefully they change it soon so you have to complete an arkfall instead of just tagging them

holy crap, seriously? Sounds like an exploit to me.

Natjur
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
holy crap, seriously? Sounds like an exploit to me.

I logged it as a exploit/bug but its been like that since beta and logged by a lot of different people

Dexter
05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
There are several servers/shards, no exploit going on here. They chose to use this method so you can play with anyone you want on any server +tons of other benefits if you think about it.

Iceberg
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
There are more than 2. The servers use some kind of shards system to lighten the server load. This is why you get the option to "go to friend phase" or "go to leader" in a group.
When a teammate name is slightly greyed out, it means he's not in the same shard/phase/instance than you.

Oh, well that explains it. Wondered why some had grey names and others had green names.

Skydive
05-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah as others have said there are phases for the server, so it does feel like there are two instances of the world, one that works and one that is buggy.

The one that is buggy, you'll notice all sorts of things like non-friends name tags appearing blue, clan lists and tags are missing, clan chat won't work, clan and friend invites will go AWOL. Shadow war queue is insanely long or doesn't queue properly. Emerencies, the mobs will have a tendency to phase in and out. If you somehow manage to switch phase to the working one, you'll suddenly find all these issues literally all disappear!

Usually if I encounter any sort of bug, I'll try to switch phase and see if I encounter it again before I even attempt report it!

3rdpig
05-12-2013, 11:09 PM
I've noticed that if you've got friends who are at different stages of the main mission you can drop out of phase really easily, even if you're in a group. I had the main mission finished (for the second time) and my friend just started a second run through. We could get in the same vehicle and just drive around and every time we'd pass a farm or mine he'd drop out of phase. You'd think the game would have some way to keep people who are grouped in the same phase. For a game that aspires to be social, it can separate you from friends and leave you stranded awful fast.