PDA

View Full Version : When DCUO came out

Sajuk
05-12-2013, 06:52 PM
When DC came out for the PS3 it had more content than this game does, i am not putting this game down, but TRION has spent far to much time on patches and very little time on content, to the point were many gamers like myself have moved on. It's to bad..great game it is, just bad managed.

Epyon
05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Well dcuo was moved to the playstation # after being a hit on pc and it had support from sony, so everything went smoothly without delays.

General E Blazed
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
It'll get better. Come back in a few months you might enjoy it more. I find it fun now so i can find stuff to amuse me as it gradually gets better.

mattybell2117
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
When DC came out for the PS3 it had more content than this game does, i am not putting this game down, but TRION has spent far to much time on patches and very little time on content, to the point were many gamers like myself have moved on. It's to bad..great game it is, just bad managed.

What the hell are you talking about? The game is still very buggy. It's not completely broken atm but it's still very buggy. Patches should be the #1 priority, not releasing dlc. The game's only been out for like a month, not everyone can play 5+ hours/day and do everything there is to do in the game in a month.

And might I remind you that the servers for DCUO are complete dog ****. Going F2P couldn't even save that game.

Sajuk
05-12-2013, 07:18 PM
I will repeat what i said, ( CONTENT ) it does not have enough of it, sure there are server issues and it's a pain, but i can live with it , but when there is not enough quest in the game it gets old fast.
Sidenote: RDR took longer to beat and including side quest.

Rokea
05-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Well dcuo was moved to the playstation # after being a hit on pc and it had support from sony, so everything went smoothly without delays.

Last time I checked Sony developed it on the PS3 and ported it over to the PC

Rokea
05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
What the hell are you talking about? The game is still very buggy. It's not completely broken atm but it's still very buggy. Patches should be the #1 priority, not releasing dlc. The game's only been out for like a month, not everyone can play 5+ hours/day and do everything there is to do in the game in a month.

And might I remind you that the servers for DCUO are complete dog ****. Going F2P couldn't even save that game.

Couldn't have said it better, theres still bugs in dcuo that were there during BETA. *cough* v.chat functionality *cough*

Shandri
05-13-2013, 09:02 AM
I will repeat what i said, ( CONTENT ) it does not have enough of it, sure there are server issues and it's a pain, but i can live with it , but when there is not enough quest in the game it gets old fast.
Sidenote: RDR took longer to beat and including side quest.

The game has plenty of content. Heck I haven't even finished the main story yet because I've been too busy doing stuff with friends in the game and I can't play 24/7. You should modify your statement to say that there isn't enough content that YOU specifically enjoy. DLC is coming...but it makes no sense to release more content into a broken game, as that would make it worse. Some folks disconnect every 10 minutes (happened to me this weekend, although in the past I didn't DC so often), some folks have terrible game-breaking sound/chat issues. That needs to be fixed, then more content can be added to the then working game.

Babydoll
05-13-2013, 09:07 AM
DCUO is still junk ... F2P ruined that game ... constant resets ..the update 25 pvp screw over ...you could run all the story missions in a day or two. Sure you could run the diffrent mentors and see a little bit of change but notht at much... DCUO is old and worn ... They never fix anything on that game. Defiance is fresh and new...sure it has issues with needed patches, but to try and compare DCUO to Defiance????? Defiance hasnt set back my PVP toon I paid replay badges on to max out in PVP ...only to be spit on with the new pvp reset. Plus getting a group for raids is dumb in DCUO ..u spend more time trying to get a raid going then u do running it...oh that if you can finish it since people cant play thier roles right...Mr IM a Healer, but want to DPS... Definace makes it simple ..no crap with the armor pieces etc ...all i need to worry about is my weapon and synegry

RegularX
05-13-2013, 09:32 AM
DCUO was great. When it was in beta. It's been downhill ever since.

Envy
05-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Really? you're going to bring up the worst ran game in history as an example... DC was pretty crappy when it first came out, with disconnects, player toon deletions and very little content. Then the bugs got maintained and playing was somewhat manageable (Few-several crashes a day). But then, they decided to ruin game play by changing the very core mechanics of the game. PvP Ruined, PvE ruined and 10 dollar DLC content that has no content other then a trinket. The last year of DC has been the fastest decline of an mmo in history regarding both content and gameplay.

http://stimulatedboredom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Gay_Batman.jpg

DamianThorn
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
many gamers like myself have moved on. It's to bad..great game it is, just bad managed.

You have moved on,but yet still feel the need to troll the forums.

http://www.grandprofile.com/Myspace_Comments/Congratulations_Comments/images/Good-Job-2.gif

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
This is a great game, it's just working through it's initial bug's. there will always be server drops and occasional chat issues, if people can't understand this then quit playing MMO's! DCUO is still a great game, all MMO's changed stuff to keep the game refreshing, WOW has always done stuff like this , this to renew the game!! I wouldn't compare this game to DCUO, as this game take's off right out the gate where u can experience most of the game, where DCUO was linear until ur character hit lvl 30!! But MMO's are all about the grind, and being rewarded for that grind, I've been playing both games since their beta, what it comes down to is the hardcore players that will stick with a game and adapt to the changes and grind the hell out of it, everyone else will eventually falloff! This game will too, change stuff and revamp the way thing's work if it want's to be a longlived MMO!! So suck it up and give it time, or go find something else to play for a while.... Peace!!

Rokea
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
I remember all the damned bugs that hit Vanilla WoW when it first came out and Guild Wars. Its a fact of life when dealing with new Mmo's

Honeybunz
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I was a DCUO PAID SUBSCRIBER at launch and got screwed so many times.

I would take Defiance over DCUO any day. Content? Defiance has plenty of content for me. Try some side missions instead of just blazing the story. Have you run any Arkfalls? Stopped to assist soldiers? ect...ect...

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I am still and have alway's been Legendary subscriber, it's worth the sub to me, to not be limited on anything and all the free dlc.

Babydoll
05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
I am still and have alway's been Legendary subscriber, it's worth the sub to me, to not be limited on anything and all the free dlc.

stop paying and loose that dlc pal... DCUO is over and done. All they do is spit in customer faces with each new DLC. The whole build your base is a joke. I paid for the DLC and yet my friend had access to all the stuff and he didnt pay jack. Sure he might not of had access to the base upgrade where u can call in back up etc, but still. Then the PVP rest. yeah that was a kick in the nads #10 for me ..so I had to call it quits. Wont go back either and I had full T4 on 3 toons all over 100 skp , but that PVP update 25 really f'ed it...In the mean time Thank God for Defiance

Honeybunz
05-14-2013, 12:15 PM
The whole build your base is a joke. I paid for the DLC and yet my friend had access to all the stuff and he didnt pay jack.

Oh snap! I totally forgot about the DLC that was to "create your own pad/hideout'. Decorate it with lame looking furniture and lamps for XXX $$$. Totally lame. Oh- and this message you constantly see - "WORLD IS DOWN"...yeah, i wanted to pay for that.

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Like i said the rest will eventually falloff, i hope u feel like Defiance treats u better bub. I love both game's i enjoy playing on both, but i suspect when Defiance changes a few core thing's u disapprove of then u'll quit it too. To me their both great games! Everyone has their own opinion. Defiance still alot to improve on, but even more potential, just remember it is an MMO and alway's will have some sort of issue's. Peace!

Honeybunz
05-14-2013, 12:24 PM
The character customization was the best part of DCUO.

Its not disapproving changes, its when DCUO tried to change things, they screwed up things that were running good. Updates/patches were fixing one thing, yet breaking something else.

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh and that message is daily server maintenance/ or hotfix, which Defiance definitely needs to learn how to do....happens every morning at 7:00, etc!

Babydoll
05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
The character customization was the best part of DCUO

yeah, but the whole pvp thing really got me ...why oh why go from the pvp armor style they had before update 25 to the current pvp styles that people already had from the vault drops and arent even cool looking. Plus all the replay badges I spent trying to beast in PVP only to be reset. That was a rip. DCUO did have its good days, but the issues and imbalance ruined it.

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
MMO = CONSTANT SERVER MAINTENACE AND HOTFIX's TO MAINTAIN THE GAME. Get use to it.

Reaper 187
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Ur pvp stats didn't reset, the first pvp set was almost as good as the t4 pvp and u pay i. Game cash for it, plus a higher combat rating and harder hitting weapon, for cash... The gear is alot better than what u had, they just made green to make room for the massively improved stats on the new t4 and t5 pvp armour. There really is no comparison in the stats, the new armour put's the old to shame.

Honeybunz
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh and that message is daily server maintenance/ or hotfix, which Defiance definitely needs to learn how to do....happens every morning at 7:00, etc!

I'll stick with my Premium Service thank you.

I went through to many 'server downtime' instances, glitches, fixes, voice chat, lag, falling through ground, getting stuck in infinite free fall, ect...ect....ect......and never renewed sub after 12 months. I had enough of getting pillaged paying $60 for the game and $15/month sub fee. Heck, they took down the server for an entire MONTH after getting hacked and SONY couldnt even confirm/deny what information was stolen.

Babydoll
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Ur pvp stats didn't reset, the first pvp set was almost as good as the t4 pvp and u pay i. Game cash for it, plus a higher combat rating and harder hitting weapon, for cash... The gear is alot better than what u had, they just made green to make room for the massively improved stats on the new t4 and t5 pvp armour. There really is no comparison in the stats, the new armour put's the old to shame.

im for style ...stats ehhh ..they could have made a newer looking armor...then the whold loose and u get nothing is dumb. 8 vs 8 match 12 min score 0-0 ... 33 sec left on the clock and one team gets a kill...all that for nothing..I get they wanted to reduce those tools coming in doing nothing and geting half marks, but still.

Rokea
05-14-2013, 01:27 PM
im for style ...stats ehhh ..they could have made a newer looking armor...then the whold loose and u get nothing is dumb. 8 vs 8 match 12 min score 0-0 ... 33 sec left on the clock and one team gets a kill...all that for nothing..I get they wanted to reduce those tools coming in doing nothing and geting half marks, but still.

I agree they need to revamp the styles, I was looking forward to some legit new52 style sets.

RobbieTheRabbit
05-15-2013, 11:01 AM
ahhhh DCUO was good at first got lame to me after hitting lvl 30.. but it had a better launch than this.. imma just not play this game as much.. until a major FIX update/patch comes out, not more guns,cars , missions etc f dat.. i rather have major fixes.

i just go on the forums to see if there's an update, then go on the game to see whats new, then log off because of the "30 mins til restart" bull

RonaiSanzer
05-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Lad , research.
You just lied about how,what and production cycle.