PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Users - Download & Install Issue

Militaratus
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Windows 8 Users might encounter the following issue due to an increased security made by Microsoft in contrast to Windows 7, the issue is mainly caused by the fact that the Game Client hasn't been downloaded a lot in the past (><).

The first problem you may encounter is when you finished downloading the Client using Internet Explorer, you will be presented with the warning:
*************.exe is not commonly downloaded and could cause to your computer.

Simply click Run.

You are then presented with the following security Pop-Up:
Windows protected your PC
Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
More Info

Simply click More Info and then Run Anyway.

The installation of the game client will proceed as normal.

Note: This issue will resolve itself with time.

squidgod2000
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
lol, Vista 2.0

skorban
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I have instaled the beta, but as I run the luncher I get "Failed to parse configuration file".

What can help? I run windows 8, I tried to run with admin permissions.

Militaratus
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I have instaled the beta, but as I run the luncher I get "Failed to parse configuration file".

Failed to Parse means the program cannot read the file correctly, which can be caused by someone/something altered the configuration file.

Try uninstalling the Client and make sure that the Install Directory is deleted after that, then disable your anti-virus/malware and reinstall the client.

If that fails then submit a Bug Ticket by posting a question on the Trion Support Site:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask

Product: Defiance
Category: Defiance Game Support - Bugs and Feedback

DTKicks
06-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm new to windows 8 but, not new to games. I'm use to installing games and usually it'll download all the necessary components with it but, after I updated and click "Play" I get this error.

"The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem."

Does it want me to reinstall Defiance or DirectX and if DirectX, then which version would I install on my Laptop?

MacDeath
06-15-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm new to windows 8 but, not new to games. I'm use to installing games and usually it'll download all the necessary components with it but, after I updated and click "Play" I get this error.

"The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem."

Does it want me to reinstall Defiance or DirectX and if DirectX, then which version would I install on my Laptop?
Defiance requires DX 9c. Many new systems don't come with that installed. For example your system my have DX 11 only. You can install a FULL DX from MicroSoft that will give you 9, 10 and 11.

3rdpig
06-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I didn't have the problem at all on my Win8 computer, but I don't use Internet Explorer either. Sounds suspiciously like an IE 10 problem, which Win7 users will have too as soon as they update to IE 10.

3rdpig
06-16-2013, 10:14 AM
lol, Vista 2.0

In actual use, no. In the collective mind, absolutely.

baelrusk
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
And to think people wonder sometimes why I despise Windows.

Caswallawn
06-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I didn't have the problem at all on my Win8 computer, but I don't use Internet Explorer either. Sounds suspiciously like an IE 10 problem, which Win7 users will have too as soon as they update to IE 10.

it's actually to do with Ms trying to force firms to get all software verified by MS, basically they want to control windows like they do Xbox Live with licensing fees the lot, but then they will struggle with that as people just wont upgrade and eventually developers would start using other formats.

but then MS don't even trust windows 8, since they used windows 7 PC's interestingly enough with Nvidia GTX700 cards instead of XBone devkits that are full AMD at E3. (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html)

TigrisMorte
06-16-2013, 08:01 PM

You need to make sure to uninstall the beta.

masonstoneman
07-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I have windows 8 and my copy of defiance was working fine and then today I go to play and the game keeps minimizing like every 4 or 5 seconds rendering the game unplayable what do i do?

Whippersnapper
07-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I have windows 8 and never had this issue. I use mozilla firefox, but anyway....

My issue is the ridiculous download time. A big patch usually takes me 3hrs+. If there's a problem mid way or it fails, I have to re-download. It gets worse. If the re-download does not work, I have to reinstall from scratch.

Over 26hrs to download last time....