PDA

View Full Version : Bonus loot weekend, Results?

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Now that it's basically over; How did everyone do this past bonus weekend?

Personally it was a extreme failure. I sent over 400,000 resources buying keys, a few dozen Ark Falls and farming keys at the prison and only managed to get one purple grenade and shield(that I had better of in blue). All tier three boxes. On top of that, twice when I bought 2 boxes I didn't receive anything. I did notice the the quality of "Dropped loot", stuff I picked up off the ground, were more blues than normal.

Covington
05-13-2013, 06:19 AM
Got one orange weapon from a tier 3 box... I have been playing and buying boxes since launch - this is the FIRST. So I don't think it had anything at all to do with bonus weekend just odds.

It feels like they didn't activate it to me.

Grit
05-13-2013, 06:20 AM
pretty much a bust IMO...no good drops..plenty of junk to salvage though.

also Arkfalls...hahaha they glitched out on me about 5 or 6 times and they never finished so no keycodes, just wasted time.

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Yup! Several times one of the "Minor" falls leading up to the big one were under ground or some thing and just timed out.

SaneFail
05-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Sledge posted on Friday that the loot boosts have no effect on lock boxes, only enemy drops. I'm on my phone right now, but sure you can use the dev tracker and find it. Personally, my drops definitely increased in amount and rarity. Which enabled me to amass a lot of salvage and scrip.

Legion Harkonnen
05-13-2013, 06:28 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't lockboxes but enemy drops that were changed, but not sure. Regardless, I didn't get anything but the same blue grenades over and over again. I genuinely feel like somebody forgot to flip the "big switch" that would actually make for better loot, lol. Oh well, maybe the next one will be better.

Grit
05-13-2013, 06:34 AM
i never got a drop better than blue all weekend long soo yeah the 10% boost was more like a 1% boost haha.. no big deal..just of a bit of a bummer to play the game so much and get trolled by loot.

Dragie
05-13-2013, 06:34 AM
I'm feeling pretty good about my weekend. got a orange assasin heavy carbin assult rifle and a orange cluster grenade.

Covington
05-13-2013, 06:35 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't lockboxes but enemy drops that were changed, but not sure.

I keep hearing one or the either - doesn't matter I got hardly anything important and only one keeper.

Bonus Weekend = Big Fail

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 07:01 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't lockboxes but enemy drops that were changed, but not sure. Regardless, I didn't get anything but the same blue grenades over and over again. I genuinely feel like somebody forgot to flip the "big switch" that would actually make for better loot, lol. Oh well, maybe the next one will be better.

Actually the lock boxes are affected you can see on the main page of the forum as posted by Sledgehammer.

"Defiance: Bonus Loot Weekend! (5/10 - 5/13)
Make sure to log into Defiance this weekend to take advantage of our first Bonus Loot Weekend! What is a bonus loot weekend you ask?

Bonus Loot Weekend: Players have an 10% increased chance to earn rare loot items for participating in a variety of game activities that offer loot drops or when they unlock a lock box during the scheduled time period. The loot categories are weapons, weapon mods, shields, and grenades.

So get your friends online and play Missions, Instances, Arkfalls, Emergencies, and much more for your chance at Bonus loot for this weekend only!

The Bonus loot weekend kicked off today at 12:00pm PST and will end on Monday 5/13 at 12:00pm PST (UTC Friday 7pm – Monday 7pm).

FattyMcG33
05-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm curious if they bonus was an overall bonus of 10% (so from a t3 box it would be 16% chance for an orange, considering a base chance of 6%) or a 10% bonus to the base % (or .6% bonus to the base 6% of a t3, making it 6.6%). The latter seems like what most people saw.

Stashride
05-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I looted nothing useful. Just junk that I sold or scrapped.

Zugo
05-13-2013, 07:16 AM
I didn't get to play because of mothers day so...

Nanny nanny boo boo at everyone who failed!!

Seriously though, why an event like this on Mother's day weekend!!? Trion you evil sadistic monkeys, why torment me that way as I was sure everyone was rolling in loot as I stewed at the in-laws house all weekend?

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 07:24 AM
I didn't get to play because of mothers day so...

Nanny nanny boo boo at everyone who failed!!

Seriously though, why an event like this on Mother's day weekend!!? Trion you evil sadistic monkeys, why torment me that way as I was sure everyone was rolling in loot as I stewed at the in-laws house all weekend?

Mothers day is an American event. the rest of the world doesn't participate.

Zugo
05-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Mothers day is an American event. the rest of the world doesn't participate.

Yeah, but I had to participate that was my point. LOL

Grit
05-13-2013, 07:38 AM
eh more scrip and salvage drops, no impressive weapon drops just white, green and blue junk!

Combo Breaker
05-13-2013, 07:39 AM
I got a rock.

TravelerX1
05-13-2013, 07:47 AM
I got an Orange Armada and an Orange Derailer from Tier 4 Lockboxes, (stopped buying Tier 3, was only getting greens and blues) I was grinding co-ops like a mad-man all weekend. Was running with a 10% personal loot boost, so I really didn't notice any difference. It "Feels" like the drops should have been better....
Nothing above blue drops, loads of green though.

Cr@P = Scr@p = Keys = More Cr@P LOL

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 07:47 AM
I got a rock.

Charlie Brown? Is that you?

Grit
05-13-2013, 07:49 AM
I got a rock.

i got this blue rock for you Liara.. harrr harr har...grumbles..

LtRobbiesan
05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
definitely noticed the higher drop rate, but nothing really in way of rarity. still had fun playing.

Battlefield
05-13-2013, 08:01 AM
I got a bunch of tier 3 mods and purples from specials.

Battlefield
05-13-2013, 08:01 AM
And more drops from mobs

Njag
05-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I have to completely disagree with the "Bonus Weekend was a bust" statement.
I got all kinds of goodies all weekend. Never an orange, but lots of purple & blue.
My inventory of 54 slots was maxed numerous times.

Knucklehead
05-13-2013, 09:08 AM
I played off and on throughout the weekend. I didn't even read the notice about it being a Bonus Loot Weekend until Sunday afternoon. I didn't notice any difference in the loot. I guess I may have gotten more greens and blues than normal... hard to say since I break most stuff down or sell it. I did get an orange shotgun from a Tier 3 lockbox. My first orange. I haven't used it yet. Un-modded, it's no better than the purple scattergun I use. So now I'm waiting to get good mods for it.

Frantic Poet
05-13-2013, 09:11 AM
I kind of got more loot from mobs.
I got a Legendary :D Spanner :confused: from a Tier 4 box.

Really need a Legendary Grenade and Shield. Any quality would do.

randomhero204
05-13-2013, 09:23 AM
I only noticed tht te weapons on vendors actually weren't that bad and always had some kind of synergy attached to them.

As for weapon drops from enemies, well I have better results using that perk where 10% increase in drops occur when an enemy is killed by explosive....

Really though had a great time as usual playing.

unknown
05-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Only saw more white drops. Did get an orange weapon from a tier 3 box, but I do get an orange once a week.

Overtkill21
05-13-2013, 09:28 AM
I got 6 Blue Tier 3 Mods from my leftover side missions.

Bonus Loot Weekend + Side Missions = GOLD MINE!

Now to decide whether my legendary shotty gets tier III rapid reload or magazine size...

mdstryker
05-13-2013, 09:31 AM
nothing but junk. Dozens of Arkfalls (major and minor) and roadside events. Nothing but junk. Very disappointing.

AntiGravity
05-13-2013, 09:37 AM
I noticed a lot more Synergy blues dropping..

AnyOLName
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I noticed a lot more Synergy blues dropping..

This......

TravelerX1
05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I have to completely disagree with the "Bonus Weekend was a bust" statement.
I got all kinds of goodies all weekend. Never an orange, but lots of purple & blue.
My inventory of 54 slots was maxed numerous times.

Not really a bust, but "Could have been a little sweeter" maybe? Would have been nice to see a purple drop from say a Hulker or something over the weekend.

bfonsworth
05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Now that it's basically over; How did everyone do this past bonus weekend?

Personally it was a extreme failure. I sent over 400,000 resources buying keys, a few dozen Ark Falls and farming keys at the prison and only managed to get one purple grenade and shield(that I had better of in blue). All tier three boxes. On top of that, twice when I bought 2 boxes I didn't receive anything. I did notice the the quality of "Dropped loot", stuff I picked up off the ground, were more blues than normal. I got two orange sawed offs. They are kind of useless in my opinion but they are orange and i did get them during the loot bonus.

Dan Hixon
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Fail big time on my part. I really didnt get anything...and i pretty much Salvaged everything i found :( and nothing special came out of Lock boxes either...but all in all, still fun to grind and get a few EGO ratings up

jif
05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I didn't get anything, huge failure!

Riptharipper
05-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Isn't there still like 70-80 hours left on the boost? Weekend is over. Boost isn't.

mikepaul
05-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I didn't get massive numbers of keycodes this weekend. Six Tier 3 and one Tier 4 lockboxes gave one or two items I kept. Even a yellow Mazu Blast Rifle (fave AR) showed up with no slots and no nano so it had to go.

Just didn't seem like the Bonus Loot Weekend was worth the electrons that brought the announcement to me...

Silverclown
05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Got Junk all weekend. Waisted all my script and resources. Gotta pick up the drop rate in this game. Pretty annoyed with this.

Strifewolfsjg
05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I got an orange FRC assault carbine! Tier 4 lock box and lost it in the salvage matrix! TRIONS response was, LIER! I take pics of all my oranges showed them the pics and they said they can't help me! Because I only bought 4 lock boxes even though I bought 6!

Nothing I can do! But I'm thinking its because I bash TRION on twitter and they took revenge... So watch what you say if they know your account!!! Lol :'(

Grit
05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I got an orange FRC assault carbine! Tier 4 lock box and lost it in the salvage matrix! TRIONS response was, LIER! I take pics of all my oranges showed them the pics and they said they can't help me! Because I only bought 4 lock boxes even though I bought 6!

Nothing I can do! But I'm thinking its because I bash TRION on twitter and they took revenge... So watch what you say if they know your account!!! Lol :'(

doubt trion actually gives a schtako about what "we" the "community" think... just my 2scrips...

lol level 1800+ and still getting 2 scrip hahaha LAME

AntiGravity
05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Isn't there still like 70-80 hours left on the boost? Weekend is over. Boost isn't.

The Bonus loot weekend kicked off today at 12:00pm PST and will end on Monday 5/13 at 12:00pm PST (UTC Friday 7pm – Monday 7pm).

Thoraxe
05-13-2013, 11:50 AM
I did notice slighty more Blues dropping, but the main difference I found was the type of weapons dropping, I actually found 2 Saws, haven't seen one drop since forever.