PDA

View Full Version : Rampage: Draw the Line Tips?

Rarodil
03-22-2013, 03:43 PM
It was the second rampage I found. You have 2:30 and 2000 bullets in an LMG that deals a pile of damage to get 75,000 for a gold (I think). I can consistently get a silver on this, but getting a gold has proven quite challenging. Does anyone have any tips or obvious things I may be missing (I'm getting to about the fourth wave with a multiplier in somewhere between the low 60s and mid 70s)? I think part of the problem may be that the big guys (minigunners and grenadiers) are only awarding 1xYY points (which may be a bug, but I'm not sure).

Azrael24
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
How are you even getting silver? I've been trying for 30 minutes now and have only gotten bronze...:mad:

ThanatosPa
04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
pc or console. On the pc they line up for you at each wave and you can mow them down. When the big blue guys show hit them first. Also aim and hit them at a distance go for the shooters first. I got gold on third shot

Feyniphia
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
You need not to get hit and get a 70x Multiplier, you'll get it almost right on the time.

Derity
04-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Kill the Blue Guys LAST.

They give higher numbers, not a higher multiplier, so getting your multiplier high and then killing them is the best way to get higher points from them.

To get gold on this, you just have to be really fast, don't worry about your ammo too much, and shoot from cover as much as you can. In each wave, position yourself towards the opposite side from which they spawn this way you shouldn't be getting hit much.

If you think this Trial is hard, wait till you get to the Chicken one!

icubro
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Chicken one was easy, I got to use my AR during it. Yay bugs.

Munx
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Took first place and actually held it for almost a full day on my first try.

it really is not that difficult, the ig trick is to keep a vigilant eye on minimap, and focusing down big blues asap when they spawn, they give lots and lots of points, near the end they will spawn very rapidly so you'll have a chance to grab ALOT of points.

And yes Resvoir chicken is horrible, dunno what they were thinking.. struggled to get silver on that, third rancher just makes the rng to bad.

cypheon
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
bit of a necro but... my rampage is apparently bugged.. it'll close out, and send me back out of the area with my regular gun... then when i try to restart, as soon as i pop in, i get a "you failed" message (from the previous run, mind you), and then it kicks me back out... and gives me another ninja-fail that won't pop up until i start it again.

Triadian
07-20-2013, 06:58 PM
And yes Resvoir chicken is horrible, dunno what they were thinking.. struggled to get silver on that, third rancher just makes the rng to bad.

i found chicken to be the easiest of the lot of them - what were they thinking ? dead easy - dont run around like a headless chicken. just shoot 1 chicken easy gold

Krauser
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Don't stop moving or let go of the trigger.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure leveling up whatever kind of weapon you use for a challenge helps.

waavygravy
07-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Sorry all, but the above tips weren't really that helpful. So, I leave this comment for the next average shooter like myself. I had to play it 50+ times because I love shotguns way more and did not have the patience to build up my skill for this rampage. And I'm not that good of a shot. So a few helpful tips:

1. Aim a bit lower than you think. The gun rises slightly when shooting, so keep your nose down.

2. You are on a time limit. This means the faster you can shoot enemies as they come into an area, the more waves you'll receive. You need to finish the third wave with a high multiplier in order to come close to silver.

3. Each enemy runs in, sets up, and then attacks. The trick is to shoot them before they get set up. The shotgun guys won't start firing until they're set up in their "spot", so you have a few seconds before they start wailing on you. If you leave them alone for too long, they'll start hiding behind cover, which makes your multiplier sag.

4. Speaking of multiplier, every time you get hit or shot stops the multiplier. Multiple hits make it go backwards. You need at least x10-x12 after the first wave, and at least x23-x28 after the second wave before the first big blue guy. End multiplier should be x40+

5. Be frugal on the first wave with ammo, and by the third wave you can just keep it pegged.

6. I adjusted my perks - not sure if it helped, but it seemed to be better, as most of my usual perks were cloaked bonuses.

Hope that helps. I finished most everything else, so I'm going back to try and silver all the rampages. I have no illusions of gold.

dominad
07-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

Yep I have level 20 got gold 2nd go.. Same thing others have said also I have a rampage loadout set up - hunker down - intimidation perks like that are handy :)
After a couple of goes you can memorize where the enemies come from and it gets easier.
I am leveling up combat shotguns so I can try the mutant hotshot one again lol

also should add IT IS BUGGED it will randomly say failed or switches guns or counts down to the end and then nothing no reward or failed screen or sometimes it shows up 5 mins later and starts again when you are elsewhere. It also sometimes seems to say no reward no matter what score you get?

PTR47
11-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Is this an AR or LMG rampage?

I can stand on the mobs with the target pointed on their chests and miss 9/10 shots -- and when I try aiming the target scoots 5 feet above their head.

My LMG and SMG skills are maxed, AR at 11/20.

PS3