PDA

View Full Version : Infector Grenade

Skarth
05-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Mission reward from the latest episode content. Description does not match what it actually does.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Skarth/infectornade_zps1f76999d.png~original (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Skarth/media/infectornade_zps1f76999d.png.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj6EmWSODpI&feature=youtu.be

Era
05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
As it turns out those little things ARE hellbugs. Look close at one when it flips over, note the mouth.

Durva360
05-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Infant hellbugs :)

RegularX
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM
As it turns out those little things ARE hellbugs. Look close at one when it flips over, note the mouth.

So all this time infectors have been infecting people with ... hellbugs?

I don't why, but somehow that seems worse...

Soobydoo
05-13-2013, 12:59 PM

Would crabs be better? Or giant pube lice? xD

Skarth
05-13-2013, 01:04 PM

I always preferred to think of the infectors as killing you with cancer personally.

Also, not sure the infector bugs are hellbugs, cause skitterlings hatch from the eggs, so where would that put the infector bugs?

Granted, they do have similar mouths.

Moose Of Woe
05-13-2013, 01:04 PM

All of the Cherry Coke I was attempting to drink is now on my monitor.

ironhands
05-13-2013, 01:07 PM

it makes sense, the infector weapons likely use the same basic DNA that hellbugs evolved from

Era
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I always preferred to think of the infectors as killing you with cancer personally.

Also, not sure the infector bugs are hellbugs, cause skitterlings hatch from the eggs, so where would that put the infector bugs?

Granted, they do have similar mouths.

Skitterlings hatch from chrysalises...basically cocoons.

bounty367
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
there not worth equipping tbh ......... really weak damage

Man With No Name
05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Yep, woot! Fun to play with

PseudoCool
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
well.. now isn't this a nifty idea.. something else to break cloak in PvP! Double Whammy Win!!! :)

cusman
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Mission reward from the latest episode content. Description does not match what it actually does.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Skarth/infectornade_zps1f76999d.png~original (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Skarth/media/infectornade_zps1f76999d.png.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj6EmWSODpI&feature=youtu.be

They could have at least given a Green/Blue/Purple/Orange one :)

That one is pretty weak

Monkerlotus
05-13-2013, 02:23 PM

They're decent in pvp seeing as how it's damage people can't easily dodge from.

SlashZaku
05-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I guess my hopes for this were a bit too much. I had made a thread asking for Hellbug Pheromone Grenades sometime after the game released and then we got to see the episode with Rynn using Hellbugs so I was even more amped for the things making an appearance and come this new content, I'm thinking that hope is realized when I read the grenade description after getting it. Find the nearest mob and toss it only to see 3 infector bugs pop out and that's it. Completely underwhelming for me especially after the last mission where you see the rogue E-Rep soldiers and Hellbugs fighting alongside each other. I had hopes for something like that. Hell, I'd take the infector bugs infecting and spawning more even like the usual infector does to dead enemies.

Pyth
05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
They're decent in pvp seeing as how it's damage people can't easily dodge from.
I demand teh nerf nao!

TurboSquid
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
well.. now isn't this a nifty idea.. something else to break cloak in PvP! Double Whammy Win!!! :)

Actually the bugs from the grenade do not target cloaks. I personally tried them in PvP. I saw a cloak shottie, threw the grenade, and they just sat there for a few seconds until he came out of cloak to shoot someone, then they followed and attacked him. I was disapointed. I shall also note this all happened in the hallway on waterfront.

Ray101492
05-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Are there any better ones for sale or is this only one?

Skarth
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Are there any better ones for sale or is this only one?

It's a mission only reward, so it is the only one you can get currently.

I suspect in the upcoming patch or DLC these will become a common item like other grenade types.

BLITZKRI3G
05-13-2013, 03:26 PM
lava's lol there lava's i just know its there baby skitterlings or as i call them scitterbug's =p

Ray101492
05-13-2013, 03:30 PM
It's a mission only reward, so it is the only one you can get currently.

I suspect in the upcoming patch or DLC these will become a common item like other grenade types.

I hope so, because I like them. It's like playing as a summoner.

Thr0nes
05-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Great idea, however one cannot take down a single raider.

I would have rather had a grenade that applied 3 dots of infection in an AOE, and spawned bugs on death.

Matsutake
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
i hope that one day we get something that lets us summon a monarch like the one Rynn had standing behind her in the cutscene.

Arsenic_Touch
05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
So the infectors call them parasites, the grenade calls them hellbugs. Way to be consistent Trion.

Muffins
05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I always thought that the Infections were there own thing, but never thought too far behind it. Are they baby Hellbugs? But skitterlings are! Skitterlings hatch by chrysalis'? I guess we're always a second too late to see the Infections turn into Chrysalis'.
I guess this would make them larva.

But then how come the infections are on our side and not eating our own faces off too? Pheremones just like dat' one ep?

TravelerX1
05-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Logic.... no time for logic..... this is a nade..... that spews bugs.... that eat your enemies..... I am mentally errect

Matsutake
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
At first I thought that the rogue E-Rep guys had pheromone grenades because I saw one throw a grenade and there was a flash of green then outta nowhere radiated monarch spawned who seemed to know exactly where I was when I used cloak or decoy, but I soon found out it was the transmitter setup right beside me.

Anderson
05-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Interesting advantage I just noticed to Infector Grenades: You can't hurt yourself with them.

Yun
05-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Am I the only one that finds it a bit disheartening that it says

Bug Damage 0
Bug Hp 0.0

Seems more like a novelty item and not on par with Nolan's Useful AR we got at the end of the pre-show quest lines.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I always thought that the Infections were there own thing, but never thought too far behind it. Are they baby Hellbugs? But skitterlings are! Skitterlings hatch by chrysalis'? I guess we're always a second too late to see the Infections turn into Chrysalis'.
I guess this would make them larva.

But then how come the infections are on our side and not eating our own faces off too? Pheremones just like dat' one ep?

As I see it, with an infector, the larva grows inside the target instead of inside a chrysalis, like a wasp laying an egg in a caterpillar.

Ticon
05-14-2013, 10:45 AM
yah -was a bit disappointed , this grenade felt and acted liek a wet firecracker...i guess the infector nerf has begun!

shame a very disappointing grenade. on the flipside, are there a purple or orange version to this?....

pew pew

:/

Ticon
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one that finds it a bit disheartening that it says

Bug Damage 0
Bug Hp 0.0

Seems more like a novelty item and not on par with Nolan's Useful AR we got at the end of the pre-show quest lines.

agreed-very sad the infector bug nerf has begun!!!!

RegularX
05-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I too had hoped it would be more effective in PvP. Really seems like you have to hit the feet for it to impact even non-elite mobs. Bio-nades still a better anti-cloak item.

Cynical Jester
05-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I too had hoped it would be more effective in PvP. Really seems like you have to hit the feet for it to impact even non-elite mobs. Bio-nades still a better anti-cloak item.

Eh, I really like the nade.. on top of that if you throw it kind of blindly they'll lead you to a target if one is near by.. and do moderate damage.. I like them.. and they hit their target more than most nades...

Edit: You essentially get a homing grenade and people find a way to complain.. lol.. all I can be is amused. I also named my 3 bugs snap crackle and pop.. So if you see Digital on the field.. Know my lil pals are with me! We will find you!

Ticon
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
white granade drops do more damage than this.

Kiserai
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm on the fence about them. They're better than they appear at first glance but tricky to get extra damage from.

RegularX
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Eh, I really like the nade.. on top of that if you throw it kind of blindly they'll lead you to a target if one is near by.. and do moderate damage.. I like them.. and they hit their target more than most nades...

Edit: You essentially get a homing grenade and people find a way to complain.. lol.. all I can be is amused. I also named my 3 bugs snap crackle and pop.. So if you see Digital on the field.. Know my lil pals are with me! We will find you!

The homing bit is nice, I'll grant. And they do distract NPC enemies well, just not sure if they measure up effectively to the current set. Especially with the cluster nade fix incoming.

Pariah Ayers
05-16-2013, 04:37 AM
If when they died they also slowed/electrocuted/ETC even for a moment they would be worth it. I mean now that we have all these crazy mutations you would think we would get something that was themed around that...

cusman
05-16-2013, 04:42 AM

I got Triple medal multiple times using the Infector Grenade in PvP and still think it is one of the weakest Grenade options available.

Off course all my other Grenades are Purple or Orange grade...

Pariah Ayers
05-16-2013, 04:45 AM
They are pretty underwhelming after the hassle of a "mission" chain you have to complete to get them. The step rewards for the chain felt more rewarding honestly.

Schmiznurf
05-16-2013, 04:50 AM

The latter one would be hilarious if humanoid enemies killed themselves with excessive crotch scratching.

KeevanSixx
05-16-2013, 04:52 AM
It's a cute nade.....I would have liked to see it spawn 3 waves of actual skitterlings for coverage, and a random warrior or archer when you use overcharge.....but it's still a cute nade.....what other game has you throwing a pile of poo on the ground and bugs pop out of it....priceless.

(i'm gonna start calling it a "poo-nade")

Shogo_Yahagi
05-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Is this the weakest grenade in the game? It feels like it.

ironhands
05-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Is this the weakest grenade in the game? It feels like it.

Isn't it just novelty? Wonder what other uses it may have, perhaps locating cloaked enemies, or generally enemy locations in PvP. It does home in on them, right?

Mladenov
05-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Infector Grenade is only one which canNOT hurt you!
In PvP you can toss it to the ground without any worries...

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 07:25 AM
I gotta say I expected it to actually call skitterlings or better. I think it should be able to level up so that each skill level calls upon a stronger level Hellbug :) you do have multiple types right? Why not call upon skitterlings first or even the current weird things to start and build up to where u can have it attract a monarch for a brief time? That would actually be pretty cool. And it could legitimately be done since there are normal and elite versions of the hellbugs :)

Just a little idea...

Thunderclap
05-16-2013, 07:26 AM

its awesome. So when you are using an infector at an arkfall you are killing hellbugs with hellbugs

Igneus
05-16-2013, 08:12 AM
It's a neat little device. You not going to own with this thing, but I have it in my loadout with my Infector and BMG. Throw this thing down while you're infecting and you can get a whole army of these parasites appearing. Plus I'm not blowing myself up like with my other 'nades.

Razer
05-16-2013, 08:16 AM

Agreed... didn't really realize that they are hellbugs either.

Razer
05-16-2013, 08:19 AM
I gotta say I expected it to actually call skitterlings or better. I think it should be able to level up so that each skill level calls upon a stronger level Hellbug :) you do have multiple types right? Why not call upon skitterlings first or even the current weird things to start and build up to where u can have it attract a monarch for a brief time? That would actually be pretty cool. And it could legitimately be done since there are normal and elite versions of the hellbugs :)

Just a little idea...

Lol, I mentioned a while back that grenades should be able to level-up too since its a weapon; your idea sounds good for that 'nade.

Sids
05-16-2013, 08:42 AM
If you pay attention to the contracts text, you might know that Infector technology has always been closely related to hellbugs. For instance yesterday/day before, we've been gathering blast pod parts from Diablo Oil so that VBI can manipulate their genetics to produce a new line of infectors. So, strictly speaking, infector bugs are more akin to clones, or genetically engineered sub-hellbug species.

As for the grenades, I like them. I throw one way up in the air as I'm approaching a fight; by the time it lands and spawns the bugs, I'm in combat and I've already recharged six or seven seconds of my grenade cooldown. Add in that you really don't have to think about where you're throwing the things, and it makes for a pretty solid weapon -- I'll gladly take a purple version, though! And yeah, if they COULD summon friendly bugs.... well that'd just be gravy.

Omnifarious Xji
05-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Underwhelming? Yes. Fun? YES.