PDA

View Full Version : stop complaining.

droppinwobbles
03-22-2013, 03:53 PM
as so many previous MMO players are saying on practically every thread, STOP Complaining and chill. the game will get better. its the whole reason for a beta test.

taken from wiki:
Beta

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_complete). Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usability_testing). The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.
The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta)—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

Trion the beta seems pretty stable on 360 minus the server latency. im sure the issues will be worked out. can't wait for april 2nd. WOO!:cool:

Defy
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
yeah I played many MMOs I know not everything is perfect on Beta and even on launch day :)

Smutly73
03-22-2013, 04:19 PM
i dont complain i find a wine over in Napa , california and pound it down then chase that with some Jack

Exar0s
03-22-2013, 04:26 PM
yeah I played many MMOs I know not everything is perfect on Beta and even on launch day :)

Have you known a single one? I have played just about every MMO since Ever Quest and I have not come across a single one with no lag issies on beta release or retail release.

ShadowStrider 7
03-22-2013, 04:27 PM
I actually love the BETA, when I am able to play without 40-90 second latency issues. Once that's taken care of and being able to toggle on/off the auto targeting, I'll be happy.

Daholic
03-22-2013, 04:37 PM
i wont complain, it beta. BUt....its boring as hell. i realize that theres been over 1million shooters, and maybe im being unfair by saying the beta doent keep me interested what so ever. The pvp is same ole, same ole, but im wondering when it does finally release, will it be a more polished turd, or will this game introduce some groundbreaking original gameplay.

shadyjane62
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Its not even being able to get into the game that irks me. Jeebus, I can't even loggin to patcher. And excuse my rudeness but it bites when you get e-mails in response to tickets that tell you to go to forum and then literally have the gall to write in clear unambiguous language "problem solved".

i would love to be here complaining about laaggg or disconnects or some other problem that would at least meant I had been able to even patch the game into comp.

Dead_Phoenix
03-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Have you known a single one? I have played just about every MMO since Ever Quest and I have not come across a single one with no lag issies on beta release or retail release.

i didnt play it personally but i heard rift had a pretty smooth launch?

but i agree, an mmo should not be judged by beta, or by launch. its how the devs deal with it after that counts

Exar0s
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Rift is one of the few I didn't play. That is good for us if that is the case though.

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
yep pretty much this beta sealed the deal. I'm gonna preorder this on steam, and I'm also gonna be purchasing bits for the mega cool outfits they have!

this game is soooooo f'ing slick! lol

Daholic
03-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Its not even being able to get into the game that irks me. Jeebus, I can't even loggin to patcher. And excuse my rudeness but it bites when you get e-mails in response to tickets that tell you to go to forum and then literally have the gall to write in clear unambiguous language "problem solved".

i would love to be here complaining about laaggg or disconnects or some other problem that would at least meant I had been able to even patch the game into comp.

wait!, you will also complain about the missions, and how soon after they ask for feedback about said mission no matter if theres mobs around or not.

Or..you can do the 4player instance (if you want to call it that) and when its over find yourself wandering....beta you say!!!

The pvp is the crowning jewel...16v16 capture the thingy..oh wait, ive dont that before because every shooter has a capture the thingy mode that gets boring every year.

Im sure theres potential in this game, and ive played my share of games, and so far i dont see any reason to pre order this game, and thats considering it being in beta.

IMHO, i would have pre ordered this had i not been fed the same gameplay that ive experienced 7yrs ago.

but like i said, thats just my opinion.

Ambic
03-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Meh. I'll try to be more positive. I don't know what game made me so judgemental but it hangs in there.

Eriasu17
03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I for one am not complaining. This is a beta test, this is a crucial part to before the release, yes the release will still have those nasty bugs, yes there will be glitches, yes ATVs will be flying around. But doesnt almost every MMO we play and love have its bugs and glitches? It'll all get fixed in time. This game has great hopes to become really successful.I have been loving every minute of playing the Beta. I cannot wait until the release to get my hands on this game!

droppinwobbles
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I for one am not complaining. This is a beta test, this is a crucial part to before the release, yes the release will still have those nasty bugs, yes there will be glitches, yes ATVs will be flying around. But doesnt almost every MMO we play and love have its bugs and glitches? It'll all get fixed in time. This game has great hopes to become really successful.I have been loving every minute of playing the Beta. I cannot wait until the release to get my hands on this game!
well said!