PDA

View Full Version : Which platform will influence the TV show?

Planbee
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I was just wondering about this. Since all three platforms will have different worlds really (not on the same server), how does Trion and Syfy plan to implement the changes in the game to the TV show if we have multiple outcomes between the platforms for certain events? Will they mix and match? Round robin maybe?

Trichom
01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Clearly the PC version should be the decider, since the PC is best.

No, but seriously. They should take the most common result, if possible. Say we're supposed to stop an outpost from falling into enemy hands. On the PC we stop it handily, on the 360 we just barely stop it, and on the PS3 we lose the outpost. In that case, the outpost should be considered saved.

OneThirtyEight
01-10-2013, 03:54 PM
with so many players on all three platforms i'm guessing the trend would be the same accross the board as far as major events go... unless the players on one particular platform really really suck :p

Lilaeth
01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I was just wondering about this. Since all three platforms will have different worlds really (not on the same server), how does Trion and Syfy plan to implement the changes in the game to the TV show if we have multiple outcomes between the platforms for certain events? Will they mix and match? Round robin maybe?

This is a really good question. I think it will possibly be different for each platform. Would be interesting to see it done round-robin, though!

Xbox gamers are rather hardcore FPS gamers, along with us PC gamers . I still prefer PC but a couple years ago I went Xbox for BlackOps, MW3 genre due to servers being consistent and I didn't have to upgrade GPUs to play something new every 6 months. If I can't play something maxed out, I have to build a new rig. Simple as that!

However that being said, with Defiance being an MMO, that will give strength to the PC community like nothing we've really seen before now. Trions MMO shooter is beating Blizz 's Titan by a year or more! I'm guessing system requirements will not be too progressive as to allow everyone to run the game with ease. I'll be playing on PC and I sure hope Trion bases outcome on our servers :-)

squidgod2000
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
None of them will influence the show in the way you all imagine. Here's how it's gonna work:

1) Trion and SyFy sit down and come up with some ideas for events that can be shared between the two media.
2) The show works it in to the story line (something like a war, a natural disaster, invasion of hellbugs)
3) Trion creates a "World Event" with quests and serverwide goals (Kill 10,000 hellbugs).
4) The collective server kills 10,000 hellbugs.
5) The show characters rejoice because the brave ark hunters in San Francisco destroyed the evil hellbugs.

All of this is planned out well in advance (since it all has to be shot months before it airs) and it's not possible to fail the events.

Other interactions between the show and the game will be even more...subtle:

1) A character leaves the show on a journey to San Francisco at the end of a season.
2) The character shows up in the game.
3) The character has a questline and/or a bunch of daily quests (Trion loves the god damned daily quests).
4) When the new season starts, the character returns to the show and disappears from the game.
5) That's it.

A lot of people have this crazy vision in their head of what the interaction will be and it's way, way off. You won't be influencing anything in the show--you'll just see some parallels between the plot in the show and the quests and events in the game.

Planbee
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
I actually imagined that the show would be affected the season after based on what our in game interactions were. Additionally, if we do end up affecting the show in a different way than stated above then I feel it'll probably be something along the lines of taking the average of how all the platforms did and how all the servers did and find which scenario dominated.

Paladin
01-10-2013, 10:10 PM
None of them will influence the show in the way you all imagine. Here's how it's gonna work:

1) Trion and SyFy sit down and come up with some ideas for events that can be shared between the two media.
2) The show works it in to the story line (something like a war, a natural disaster, invasion of hellbugs)
3) Trion creates a "World Event" with quests and serverwide goals (Kill 10,000 hellbugs).
4) The collective server kills 10,000 hellbugs.
5) The show characters rejoice because the brave ark hunters in San Francisco destroyed the evil hellbugs.

All of this is planned out well in advance (since it all has to be shot months before it airs) and it's not possible to fail the events.

Other interactions between the show and the game will be even more...subtle:

1) A character leaves the show on a journey to San Francisco at the end of a season.
2) The character shows up in the game.
3) The character has a questline and/or a bunch of daily quests (Trion loves the god damned daily quests).
4) When the new season starts, the character returns to the show and disappears from the game.
5) That's it.

A lot of people have this crazy vision in their head of what the interaction will be and it's way, way off. You won't be influencing anything in the show--you'll just see some parallels between the plot in the show and the quests and events in the game.
This is how I expect it to be but who knows? Maybe they've been planning this out for a much longer time and pull off a more customizable interaction? OPTIMISM FTW!