PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Service is not available. Please Try Again Later!!!!

azmothman
03-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Can someone at TRION explain why a lot of us are receiving "Defiance Service is not available. Please try again later" after clicking play from either the beta or steam client.

It makes no sense since that their are people that have NOT paid and are playing the game whereas people that have paid and cannot play but in essence are dead in the water.

Please give me a clue if this is something related to your servers or if it is related to firewall. (which btw I disabled and still fails)

Spayde
03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
I've having the same experience. I tried the steps on the website (run as admin and delete Patcher.txt file) neither worked.

Twitter feed says it's resolved, but it's not.

I won't rant like OP, but some type of communication on this issue would be appreciated.

Deepnoizer
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Same thing here, while friends of mine on TS3 have no problems reloging and playing :(

UglyCoyote
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
maybe because we got the alpha installed ??? got the same problem could play till this afternoon everything was ok last 3 days... now i cant even get in .-) but not sure still waiting for that answer from support ticket...

azmothman
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Just an FYI, after waiting in the chat for 1.5 hour I explained this error with the support rep. Basically they indicated they were applying a new beta key and for me to remove both my Steam Defiance client and my previous Defiance client, afterwhich to go and download/update the beta client from Trion which I am currently in the process of updating.

One thing I noticed that I did not notice before (maybe because of my excitement) but the Defiance client wants to install within the following path Users/computername/AppData/.. and not like in C:\Program~Files\Defiance which then time I am modiying or correcting the path.

Wish you all the best of luck as well and will update you if I was successful. :D

Spayde
03-22-2013, 05:53 PM
UglyCoyote: I've reinstalled the client (even went so far as to clean out my Regedit). I also ran a Tracert to the auth2.triongames.com address with no problems so we'll see.

azmothman: I'll be sure to ask for a new key. I've been having this exact same issue since Beta 2, so it wouldn't surprise me if it WAS a Key related issue. Let us know.

UglyCoyote
03-22-2013, 06:06 PM
well looked in the wrong forum but thank god found the link to alpha forum again... so the alpha servers are down till 25th that s the reason for MY connection issues :-))

also found email for the beta event so im starting to dl the beta also now installing it in another directory and then i ll see again.....

azmothman
03-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Absolutely no difference, same damn issue!!!!!! :mad:

I have a new beta key supplied by Trion support as well as installed a brand new client from Trion (and not Steam) into C:\Program Files\DefianceBeta

Seriously Trion can you fix this? If this is not fixed during this beta event it does not give me a great feeling that this will be fixed by the time it goes live and may very well be cancelling my deluxe version on Steam if there is no reply!!!!

luizgrossi
03-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Same issue here. :(