PDA

View Full Version : Good job Trion on the new episodic mission.

Dazz
05-13-2013, 09:32 PM
As much as I bellyache about stuff, I actually had a pretty good time with this one.

The voiceover for Rynn reminded me a lot of the Pandaria female characters from WoW which was kinda weird, but not complaining ;)

DariusCalera
05-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Would have been better if they had waited until tomorrow to release the mission. Kind of ruins the show when you know what's going to happen before the show comes on.

Schwa
05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Would have been better if they had waited until tomorrow to release the mission. Kind of ruins the show when you know what's going to happen before the show comes on.

Then... wait until you watch the episode before doing the episode mission?

Dazz
05-13-2013, 09:36 PM
The show was on 3 hours ago here in Los Angeles. I had already seen it before I logged in tonight.

GodSpark
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM

Or Trion could just release the content in a proper manner. Considering they own the servers, there is no reason why they couldn't have put it out after the show. It throws off the continuity and creates spoiler issues.

Especially since they pulled the old episode missions for that very reason.

I agree that people should use self-control, but that doesn't excuse Trion for the blunder.

Dazz
05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I can't fault Trion for other people's inability to control themselves. Some people may want to play the mission before the show, some may want to play it after the show. Leave it up to the players to decide.

Anatol
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
+1 for this post.) nice little content for fun

VolDeVie
05-13-2013, 09:54 PM
This isn't a game based off a tv-show. It's a coinciding project, I think that was self-evident in the marketing. Don't see the issue.

GodSpark
05-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I can't fault Trion for other people's inability to control themselves. Some people may want to play the mission before the show, some may want to play it after the show. Leave it up to the players to decide.

But I can sure as hell fault them for going against their own principles. They pull content weekly and argue that it is to keep up continuity; then the release something early and take a steaming shtako all over the continuity. It is a bad sign. It shows that they either don't care about their own rules and the correlation between the show and the game, or are too incompetent to handle it.

That's why most of us are making a big stink about it. We like the show and we like the game. And we want Trion to make them flow together as we were told they would. I know that's why I have stuck around though the rough launch the bug ridden months that followed and are continuing. They need to step it up. Things like content release timing should not even be an issue at this point.

ghost_ol3a
05-13-2013, 10:05 PM
+1 it was refreshing, for me anyway

DariusCalera
05-13-2013, 10:05 PM

How was I to know that the episode mission was to have a spoiler? If you are going to add content that takes place after the show, then put the content in the game after the show.

Arsenic_Touch
05-13-2013, 10:07 PM
But I can sure as hell fault them for going against their own principles. They pull content weekly and argue that it is to keep up continuity; then the release something early and take a steaming shtako all over the continuity. It is a bad sign. It shows that they either don't care about their own rules and the correlation between the show and the game, or are too incompetent to handle it.

That's why most of us are making a big stink about it. We like the show and we like the game. And we want Trion to make them flow together as we were told they would. I know that's why I have stuck around though the rough launch the bug ridden months that followed and are continuing. They need to step it up. Things like content release timing should not even be an issue at this point.

Couldn't agree more. You are spot on.

Schwa

I simply assume there's a Very Big Technical Reason why they release the content on the servers at the specific hour they do. As it's just a matter of a few hours, it's a chance for them to confirm/tweak everything before the episode plays on syfy.

Because let's face it, if the content weren't ready the second the episode aired there'd be hellfire.

That doesn't mean I'm happy they keep pulling content or with their poor QA. They picked around noon PST for specific reasons for content drops, and as long as they follow through on their schedule (rare for me to see) I see no reason to tear them apart for keeping that schedule.

MrClip26
i actually enjoyed playing this episode..unlike the other where we just had to get data recorders and such..this one was alright and the rewards were a little better..

To Trion.

i didnt want to make another thread, thanks for helping me with my glitched pursuits..i appreciate the help :)

volge
05-13-2013, 11:22 PM
+1

Ignore the whiners about the episode releasing before the show. Betcha those are the same people that were complaining about the lack of episodic content.

Awesome job trion. Defiance and dust 514 are the only two games that are revolutionizing gaming. You guys are doing it with a t.v. show, and CCP is doing it by crossing a FPS on a console with a MMO PC game. Both of these companies should be nominated for developers of the year, Even with the glitches/bugs(which eventually be fixed, patched, and balanced)

MacDeath
05-13-2013, 11:30 PM

MOST OF US are NOT making a big stink about this. A very few people are complaining about this. Most of us like choices. We can choose to do the mission before we watch the show or after.

GodSpark
05-13-2013, 11:36 PM
+1

Ignore the whiners about the episode releasing before the show. Betcha those are the same people that were complaining about the lack of episodic content.

Awesome job trion. Defiance and dust 514 are the only two games that are revolutionizing gaming. You guys are doing with a t.v. show, and CCP is doing by crossing a FPS on a console with a MMO PC game. Both of these companies should be nominated for developers of the year, Even with the glitches/bugs(which eventually be fixed, patched, and balanced)

Did you even read anything that I posted? Or did you dismiss it as "whining" because for whatever reason you cannot handle the fact that Trion can make a mistake? I am willing to bet that I care a hell of a lot more about the show and the game than you do, and that is why I am making such a fuss.

Screw ups make the game and by extension the show look bad. Both already have mixed reviews and any further problems only make things worse. And if the game were to tank, I would hate for the show to follow the same path. So I am protesting Trion's mishandling of the episode release so they do it right the next time around. Everyone wins.

Meanwhile you encourage half-assed work and try to dismiss legitimate complaints and concerns. Your attitude is far more damaging than a few topics calling out a blunder. Hell, Trion themselves have said they appreciate the criticism and use it to make things better. There is being a fan and appreciating something and working to make it better, then there is being a blind sheep and defending obvious mistakes. Don't be the latter.

MOST OF US are NOT making a big stink about this. A very few people are complaining about this. Most of us like choices. We can choose to do the mission before we watch the show or after.

"Most of us" did not mean everyone on the forums. It meant those of us that are not happy with the early release. Most of the people that did not like the early release, and are making topics and posts about it, are doing so for the stated reasons.

zzzkinzzz
05-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Damn there's more ppl b***hing about nothing then there are bugs in this came and I'm betting that most who are probably to young to be playing the game anyway. I happy with them putting the missions on yesterday gave me something new to do. Don't want to know what's in the mission before the show ? Then don't play it before the show ! And bl***y grow up

Adryn
05-13-2013, 11:56 PM
The entire driving force of the show/game is that they mesh and the entire point of episodic content only lasting a set amount of time is because of the continuity between the game and the show.

It was trion that set that standard, i don't see why people can't just say, 'yeah ok it should of been released after the show, it's not a massive deal but yeah they screwed up abit there' instead any one that points out the break in continuity and the standards and goals trion themselves set gets labeled a whiner and a hater.

I freaking love the show and the game and i want to see it be the best it can be and that means an attention to detail.

Orge Lambart
05-13-2013, 11:58 PM
So what did the game ruin? Everyone and their mother already Knew Rynn was going to head on over to the game, also it wasn't spoiled seeing

Nolan didn't really let her Go, Amanda did when she said she was letting Rynn go with time served.

Dazz
05-13-2013, 11:59 PM
There's 3 classes of players with respect to the game. Those that want to play the mission before the show, those that wanna play after the show and those who don't watch the show at all and couldn't care less. Trion cannot please all three.

If I were working for Trion I'd put it out the same day as the show and release it when I was confident it was ready and we could all go home and have dinner with our families, watch the show and let the players decide when to play it.