PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Xbox players!!! w phones/tablets

GodBunny
05-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Download the microsoft app for android or whatever app store called SmartGlass... or look online if it says your device is not supported because mine says its not supported but works perfectly... why, because you can type a lot easier in chat, specially if your tablet has keyboard attachment... this isnt really necessary but will help so we console users can chat with more people... specially since many do not have mics or there is a lot of people using the mic all at once... so ya it makes it easier to type... i just wish Trion would work with microsoft to implement this better so the virtual keyboard would not need to be up, then it could be really easy like computer... specially for people that just plug in a usb keyboard too... thanks for reading! :)

Ryan
05-13-2013, 11:11 PM
You don't have to open the virtual keyboard. You have to open the full chat log, but you can type and watch the chat feed instead of the screen being covered with the Xbox keyboard.
I use a little controller chatpad I've had for years, have to use buttons only on the chatpad. I'm use to hitting X to delete and that mutes text so I've muted text many times trying to do a quick backspace.

Legion Harkonnen
05-13-2013, 11:19 PM
HOLY ****!

Had a NOOK HD for a while now, forgot about smartglass and never would of thought it would work on my tablet. I don't even care about it making life easier to chat, I'm just happy I can control my xbox with my nook now, lol. Thanks man.

zambeezi
05-14-2013, 12:51 AM
I'll have to try again... Can you actually use Smartglass ingame then? I just use it to navigate the system blades.

Tango80
05-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Or you can unplug a USB keyboard and attach it to your Xbox.
Or spend 7 buck on a cheap USB keyboard.

So did it cost you anything for that app?

(p.s. Didn't see the last bit about the keyboard.)

GodBunny
05-14-2013, 01:44 AM
app is free, that is if you have hardware(tablet) lol... also since trion hasnt implemented it yet you have to manually remote control in game, very easy to do... just hit your menu key, or the one in app which is usually at the very bottom right corner... a small menu will pop up at bottom now just hit remote... then bam a full screen control like setup comes up that lets you click around and hit buttons like a controller... and if a chat box comes up it changes and brings up your tablet keyboard to type with...

also i agree a little chatpad or usb keyboard would be great too... but this has been helpful for me since i do not have either... so i assume this app should help others too... and remember that if the app store will not let your download... microsoft will let you manually download from the web... just google it or bing it.. cya in game! :)

gamingreal
05-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Unless you got you console second hand shouldn't everyone have a standard ms xbox headset,
I sometimes wear mine but it gets uncomfortable and no one else bothers
I also have a gaming headset turtle beach x12 with dss2 surround sound processor.
and a second hand chat pad which is one one of the best 360 accessories ever.

GodBunny
05-14-2013, 02:07 AM
I have a wireless new one of the official headsets... which i love... but at times it dies from playing so long lol and ya... plus like I also said before sometimes too many people are talking, or you need to type something.. also not all xboxs came with headsets. IE the cheap one... also many of those ones that come with it break over time... i have had like 4 of them and 2 simply stopped working and 2 broke from random moving getting crushed issues lol...

so ya many reasons one would need to use the text chat box. Plus voice chat goes down a lot, specially clan chat, if to many talk it crashes for random amount of time... which hopefully is a bug to be fixed...

gamingreal
05-14-2013, 02:16 AM
I have a wireless new one of the official headsets... which i love... but at times it dies from playing so long lol and ya... plus like I also said before sometimes too many people are talking, or you need to type something.. also not all xboxs came with headsets. IE the cheap one... also many of those ones that come with it break over time... i have had like 4 of them and 2 simply stopped working and 2 broke from random moving getting crushed issues lol...

so ya many reasons one would need to use the text chat box. Plus voice chat goes down a lot, specially clan chat, if to many talk it crashes for random amount of time... which hopefully is a bug to be fixed...

I had heard the stock head sets break easily but i just assumed (wrongly) that was clumsy people who didn't look after there stuff, mines still working 2 years on and its been rattling around and generally tangled in my box of game cables for a while. i guess i never realised that the headset wasn't standard with all packages.

kaisersoze
05-14-2013, 02:30 AM
Brilliant. Thanks for the fantastic suggestion. Works like a charm on my NEXUS 7.

zambeezi
05-14-2013, 02:54 AM
app is free, that is if you have hardware(tablet) lol... also since trion hasnt implemented it yet you have to manually remote control in game, very easy to do... just hit your menu key, or the one in app which is usually at the very bottom right corner... a small menu will pop up at bottom now just hit remote... then bam a full screen control like setup comes up that lets you click around and hit buttons like a controller... and if a chat box comes up it changes and brings up your tablet keyboard to type with...

also i agree a little chatpad or usb keyboard would be great too... but this has been helpful for me since i do not have either... so i assume this app should help others too... and remember that if the app store will not let your download... microsoft will let you manually download from the web... just google it or bing it.. cya in game! :)

Nice one! Thank you, I'll definitely try this tonight.

GodBunny
05-14-2013, 04:20 AM
im very glad that this thread has helped at least a few... i really thought it would be overlooked or simply ignored... glad it might help others as it has me :-)

GodBunny
05-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Bumping, as this is helpful, hoping it helps more :-)

TopObject
05-16-2013, 06:01 PM
been using this on my surface since defiance came out =/ should of realized it was something not many people knew.

OP gets +1 Internets.

Legion Harkonnen
05-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Thing is that I don't think a lot of people even understand wtf SmartGlass even is. All my friends I showed that I could now control my Xbox with my nook were floored, had no idea that was possible. Think it's partially Microsoft's fault for not really telling people that SmartGlass works for so many Android devices, and can help in games.

Prolly cuz they're worried after Kinect wasn't so great, lol.

Thanks again for this thread, though. I know I commented a few days ago, but it has lead to hilarity at my house. Had a friend over, was playing Halo and Defiance, and kept ****ing with him with my nook. Hours of hilarity=achieved.