PDA

View Full Version : Please add Infector damage resistance perk.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 05:14 AM
If your not going to fix immunizers, at least give us a defensive perk to somewhat resist them. Similar to blast shield.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 05:18 AM
A nerf is coming down the pipeline from what I understand.

However, my opinion, which I've stated in other threads, is that infectors should deal biological damage. You can bet your *** that would severely limit the number of infectors in PvP.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Yea, as I have seen there is currently no resistance.

twitch reflex
05-14-2013, 05:32 AM
A nerf is coming down the pipeline from what I understand.

However, my opinion, which I've stated in other threads, is that infectors should deal biological damage. You can bet your *** that would severely limit the number of infectors in PvP.
Where did you hear this the only thing I know is getting nerfed is shotguns.

Ticon
05-14-2013, 06:22 AM
really?

i guess if it were snipper weapons doin all the damage u guys wouldnt be complaining.

i personally hate snipper rifles or any kind of military weapon-and welcome an alien weapon such as infectors and they should be more powerful than a human weapon overall. so the nerf on infectors is pure crap.

dont nerf!-a solution perhaps a shield for infectors is better than a nerf.

the comments came from sledgehammer in the 'defiance central' interview. very dissappointed on the news.

nerfin weapons to acomply 'pvp' will destroy this game. it already did in FireFall.

Orge Lambart
05-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Don't worry I'm sure the PVP savages will ensure infectors and shotguns, and cloak and anything else gets nerfed before they slink away to COD Ghost in November.

Ticon
05-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Don't worry I'm sure the PVP savages will ensure infectors and shotguns, and cloak and anything else gets nerfed before they slink away to COD Ghost in November.

xcly.

when FireFall made changes to their other weapons Snipers became Op in the game and created a huge fiasco that they needed todo a huge overhaul on gear and weapon change(last year). overall it worked to their advantage . but i dont think Trion has the man power to create such a huge overhaul to this game, with their other priorities.

pvp players should earn a shield to protect them from infectors that would be a great solution! or better yet with the new introduction of mele weapon they should learn howto use em in defense to infectors, its called using skills...

they already nerfed the shotgun. next they have us fighting snipers with forks n sticks.

II Psycho II x
05-14-2013, 06:39 AM
As there is nothing you can do as such the best way is Use a BMG with Link Range i,e the spanner. Thats a good thing to use against people with infectors ;)

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 06:43 AM
-a solution perhaps a shield for infectors is better than a nerf.

pvp players should earn a shield to protect them from infectors that would be a great solution!

infectors should deal biological damage.

Can't tell if these guy just didn't read my post or are ignorant. There are already shields that protect against biological damage. All they would need to do is make infectors deal biological damage.

bigguy
05-14-2013, 06:46 AM
adding the perk doesnt sound bad but all you people saying this gun needs to be nerfed and that gun needs to be nerfed are just crybabies you cant nerf all the guns it affects pve as well as pvp . not to mention all the people who went out of theyre way to find the gun they like is now obsolete.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 06:49 AM
adding the perk doesnt sound bad but all you people saying this gun needs to be nerfed and that gun needs to be nerfed are just crybabies you cant nerf all the guns it affects pve as well as pvp . not to mention all the people who went out of theyre way to find the gun they like is now obsolete.

It doesn't affect PvE if you're smart about it.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:09 AM
So what will be the next weapon you will want nerfed? Funny how people complain each time an old weapon is nerfed about a new weapon being OP. It will never stop b.c in the end the people crying just suck at playing the game, so every weapon that kills them is OP.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 07:11 AM
I've read one metric s*** ton of threads regarding infectors. The complaint is about it's homing ability. The bugs included. (If you've ever used the anti-sniper, VBI INF-27 Immunizer, it's pretty tough and I understand why people complain about it but hey, it's the game we play.) I don't know how you "nerf" that exactly.

I like the idea of a perk. That way the gun can stay the same and PvP players can create a load out to defend against infector users effectively. Maybe perks that reduced homing range or eliminate it all together?

I personally think infectors do terrible damage PvE. Who cares what type of damage they do. Every time I use one in co-op instances, I'm usually at the bottom of the damage count.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:12 AM
I've read one metric s*** ton of threads regarding infectors. The complaint is about it's homing ability. The bugs included. (If you've ever used the anti-sniper, VBI INF-27 Immunizer, it's pretty tough and I understand why people complain about it but hey, it's the game we play.) I don't know how you "nerf" that exactly.

I like the idea of a perk. That way the gun can stay the same and PvP players can create a load out to defend against infector users effectively. Maybe perks that reduced homing range or eliminate it all together?

I personally think infectors do terrible damage PvE. Who cares what type of damage they do. Every time I use one in co-op instances, I'm usually at the bottom of the damage count.
That is called not using it correctly if you are always at the bottom.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 07:15 AM

Taking 1 perk barely costs you anything. That would straight up murder infectors in PvP, since infectors cannot aim without lock-on (the projectiles drift harmlessly up into the sky).

That is called not using it correctly if you are always at the bottom.

Using it correctly involves only using it to build a 3-stack and then using a different gun, lol. Cankers are the only worthwhile infectors in PvE, and once you build up a 3-stack you don't get any benefit to continue firing, aside from refreshing the debuff.

fang1192
05-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Why do they even need to home anyway? Make them shoot straight, and bam, I am happy. Just get rid of the giant flesh bloat that blocks up half my screen. As it is now, everyone is using the immunizer, cloak, and bunny hopping. You try taking someone down doing that while half your screen is covered.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Taking 1 perk barely costs you anything. That would straight up murder infectors in PvP, since infectors cannot aim without lock-on (the projectiles drift harmlessly up into the sky).

Using it correctly involves only using it to build a 3-stack and then using a different gun, lol. Cankers are the only worthwhile infectors in PvE, and once you build up a 3-stack you don't get any benefit to continue firing, aside from refreshing the debuff.
You are talking about the wrong weapon.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
You are talking about the wrong weapon.

No, I'm not. Immunizers and all other infectors aside from cankers are terrible in PvE, and you are most definitely on the bottom of the damage board if you try to complete a run using those weapons exclusively. Cankers are the only worthwhile infector, and you only need to build up a 3-stack to do strong damage with them.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:28 AM
No, I'm not. Immunizers and all other infectors aside from cankers are terrible in PvE, and you are most definitely on the bottom of the damage board if you try to complete a run using those weapons exclusively. Cankers are the only worthwhile infector, and you only need to build up a 3-stack to do strong damage with them.

Immunizers are not terrible in PvE you just don't know what you are doing. I am not talking about the other weapons they do different things.
Lol this freaking guy trying to tell me hahaha

This thread is about immunizers stop trolling with the other crap.

Thr0nes
05-14-2013, 07:31 AM
If your not going to fix immunizers, at least give us a defensive perk to somewhat resist them. Similar to blast shield.

Simple suggestion, but may take a while for them to code depending on how the damage is calculated. All of the elemental damage types are coded into the game. They would have to:

Review the metrics behind infectors
Project how they want to balance the metrics
Draft system proposal for the idea
Present idea during developler meeting
Assign change resources to implement project
Create artwork
Create a damage type for infectors
Apply infector damage to all infectors
Add infector resistance to the resistance tables
Rearrange the perk UI
Create new perk
Debug and test everything

I'm sure there are steps i'm missing or overlooked. for what, 10% reduction in bug damage? This is why Nerfs happen, because a dev team with a million plates spinning around them, do not want one more small plate added to the mix, that could result in hundreds of additional hours creative work.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 07:32 AM

I completely agree with you. And on bosses, they're especially useless. In big mobs where you can stack effect as many as possible while your teammates mow them down and allow bugs to spawn from the dead bodies, then maybe they're not so bad.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 07:33 AM
... with the new introduction of mele weapon they should learn howto use em in defense to infectors, its called using skills...

Lul, you talk of skill, do you realize how little skill it takes to dominate people with an immunizer (get multiple people roaming in a pack using them, devastation)? It HOMES IN from 40yds. It takes less skill than the shotgun, more kiting is all (it's really Hunters from WoW all over again, they didn't have to aim their shots either.) There is no defense for infectors right now.

I don't have a problem with infectors, but none of them should have that kind of range. When someone opens fire from max range (with an immunizer) there is nothing I can do, shoot him with my AR? lmao right, like that is going to hit a player, we all know how that works out.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
DeMoted, I'm pretty sure that the infectors still gave me hit markers while the reticle was not homed in on a target because they were cloaked. I don't see why the need the homing device to continue to be effective.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Lul, you talk of skill, do you realize how little skill it takes to dominate people with an immunizer (get multiple people roaming in a pack using them, devastation)? It HOMES IN from 40yds. It takes less skill than the shotgun, more kiting is all (it's really Hunters from WoW all over again, they didn't have to aim their shots either.) There is no defense for infectors right now.

I don't have a problem with infectors, but none of them should have that kind of range. When someone opens fire from max range there is nothing I can do, shoot him with my AR? lmao right, like that is going to hit a player, we all know how that works out.

When they nerf this weapon there will be a new one killing you and making you cry to get that one needed also. Happens every time.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
It HOMES IN from 40yds.

48 if you have your infectors to level 15, lol.

shoot him with my AR? lmao right, like that is going to hit a player, we all know how that works out.

More of an issue with fall-off damage. Most ARs and SMGs are double penalized for ranged fire, with both accuracy/recoil penalties and fall off penalties. If Trion got rid of fall off damage, and shotties/infectors/cloak were nerfed, the game would be in a much, much better place.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:36 AM
DeMoted, I'm pretty sure that the infectors still gave me hit markers while the reticle was not homed in on a target because they were cloaked. I don't see why the need the homing device to continue to be effective.

That was b.c I was shooting at where you were running. If I did that with any gun it would it would hit you in cloak. Oh wait I have been doing that with every gun. People with cloak always run the same way when they cloak and don't change directions, makes it easy for me.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 07:38 AM
That was b.c I was shooting at where you were running. If I did that with any gun it would it would hit you in cloak.

And don't you think that should be required for all the guns? Rather than making an exception for the immunizer that can hit you with homing rounds at 48 yards?

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
And don't you think that should be required for all the guns? Rather than making an exception for the immunizer that can hit you with homing rounds at 48 yards?

You can get away from immunizers. Why can I go in and get attacked by people with immunizers and not die once in the game? How come I am not getting killed by these "OP" immunizers? You can run from the bugs, the damage the gun puts out is minimal, only when a bug spawns does the pop damage happen on you. Once you know these things you don't have a problem with these guns. It is crazy people want things nerfed but fail to understand the gun before they cry.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 07:49 AM
When they nerf this weapon there will be a new one killing you and making you cry to get that one needed also. Happens every time.

I only cry about broken weapons. Nobody played Paper,Rock, Scissors, Cross because it was a dumb game and Cross always won. Yes, it was a joke, but also because of the Paper, Rock, Scissors game mechanics, Cross had no weakness.
Right now Immunizer is Cross.

You can run from the bugs, the damage the gun puts out is minimal, only when a bug spawns does the pop damage happen on you.

I get killed before I ever see any bugs. No bugs load on my screen. Is this a bug?

I haven't cried about any weapons being too powerful before this because there is a way to beat them or put a resistance perk to somewhat negate the damage. We need infectors to counter stealth targets, but right now it is overkill.

Don't generalize me bro.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:50 AM
The people I see die from immunizers...
They stop running and hide for some reason allowing bugs to kill them.
They charge you with a shotgun for some dumb reason.
They're oblivious they are getting hit or where it is coming from.

This is what I see. When I play against good players immunizers don't become as powerful b.c people do things in an intelligent way to not die.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I only cry about broken weapons. Nobody played Paper,Rock, Scissors, Cross because it was a dumb game and Cross always won. Yes, it was a joke, but also because of the Paper, Rock, Scissors game mechanics, Cross had no weakness.
Right now Immunizer is Cross.

I haven't cried about any weapons being too powerful before this because there is a way to beat them or put a resistance perk to somewhat negate the damage. We need infectors to counter stealth targets, but right now it is overkill.

Don't generalize me bro.
You did it to yourself by making this thread.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 07:52 AM
You can get away from immunizers. Why can I go in and get attacked by people with immunizers and not die once in the game? How come I am not getting killed by these "OP" immunizers? You can run from the bugs, the damage the gun puts out is minimal, only when a bug spawns does the pop damage happen on you. Once you know these things you don't have a problem with these guns.

I understand and agree with everything you just said. But you fail to touch base on the issue of the homing rounds. Why are infectors the only guns besides rocket launchers that have this ability? In specifics, the Immunizer, anti-sniper infector (40m base range), doesn't require you do lead a target or shoot for a critical box. Everyone just bunny hops and holds the trigger, firing from the hip because of the homing rounds. If the reticle is red, go nuts. If there were no homing rounds, you would be forced to stack the effect by aiming and shooting like every other gun.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
I understand and agree with everything you just said. But you fail to touch base on the issue of the homing rounds. Why are infectors the only guns besides rocket launchers that have this ability? In specifics, the Immunizer, anti-sniper infector (40m base range), doesn't require you do lead a target or shoot for a critical box. Everyone just bunny hops and holds the trigger, firing from the hip because of the homing rounds. If the reticle is red, go nuts. If there were no homing rounds, you would be forced to stack the effect by aiming and shooting like every other gun.
Every other gun is more powerful. You need to hit the target 5 times to start doing the damage. With every other gun hitting someone 5 times can almost or in most cases actually does kill them.
I will take getting hit by immunizers b.c I can get away and not die from them. Shotgun can kill you in one hit those I am more cautious around, anything with fire is more dangerous b.c if you are rolling then you are not sprinting or shooting.

Biggest problem I forgot to add is people roll when getting hit... Sprint away don't roll the bugs will kill you if you just roll. They are not fast enough if you sprint away.

Anyway I am done talking about this b.c I have nothing left to add.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
The other thread got closed and something needs to be done.

I am using Blur and Escape artist to run from people with these things and I cannot catch a break. Any better suggestions? Also using 30% dmg reduction from behind.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Every other gun is more powerful. You need to hit the target 5 times to start doing the damage. With every other gun hitting someone 5 times can almost or in most cases actually does kill them.

If every other gun is more powerful why do people use just immunizers?

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Other team in waterfront has everyone with immunizers. I start getting infected as soon as I respawn. Match end in 90 seconds, total wipe. I don't see how you can say they are not overpowered. No other gun can do that.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 08:02 AM

You make good points and I feel your anger with the rookie complaints. I just think that only a good shooter meets your above criteria and I believe a good shooter would still be effective with the immunizers even without the homing rounds.

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Other team in waterfront has everyone with immunizers. I start getting infected as soon as I respawn. Match end in 90 seconds, total wipe. I don't see how you can say they are not overpowered. No other gun can do that.

OK stop now you are just acting out. How come I don't die when the other team is all using immunizers? How come your team is the only ones not have one single person also using one?

Era
05-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Infectors DO need a nerf. The shots home. The bugs home. There is no falloff damage. The range is unforgiving. And the bugs cause collateral damage and cause people to run from cover into danger by virtue of never freaking stopping.

If you get caught close range by a shotgunner you can slow them or if you are lucky get behind them to confuse their aim since they have a limited range and scope of effectiveness. If you get caught long range by a sniper you can just move in little circles or go for cover because they require extreme accuracy to be effective. If you get caught mid range by anything else you can just keep moving and get to cover and between recoil and falloff damage you will usually survive unless they DoT you.

Infectors have none of these weaknesses. Their ONLY weakness is that their immediate damage is weak so that if you get the drop on them or are near cover you can kill them first or get out of their line of sight. If they catch you in the open or within a near enough range to give chase...you die. If they catch you on the edge of the map...you die. If they catch you while you are scoped and can't quickly break into a run...you die. If you are near someone that just died from an infector that still has bugs out...you may die.

Give the gun a weakness, any weakness, besides not killing as fast as everything else cause that time advantage is usually negated by the element of surprise.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:04 AM
You make good points and I feel your anger with the rookie complaints. I just think that only a good shooter meets your above criteria and I believe a good shooter would still be effective with the immunizers even without the homing rounds.

I cannot shoot them from long range before I die, the range on the immunizer is too far.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
How come your team is the only ones not have one single person also using one?

I'm using one. It turns into which team is using more.

Using the 'can't beat them, join them' attitude, but it is getting ridiculous. At least with shotguns infectors were the answer. There is no answer for the immunizer short of luring the people into a trap, and that lasts all of one detonate.

Ticon
05-14-2013, 08:06 AM
so, someone got a weapon they like to use, spent time experimenting with their ego & perks...found something that works to their advantage =OH MY call the devs!!!! theyre OP....nerf it!

come on! the point of the countless perks and variations is to experiment and use what you feel comfortable using being pve or pvp.... if they cracked a code that works better than what youre doin...more power to them and learn from it!

nerfin isnt the answer unless its being exploited in the game- using decoy and an infector together isnt an exploit just a proper way to using their skills.

just like a sniper using the proper scope and location makes him Op.

and changing the damage/effect of a weapon (bugs) to your advantage for defense isnt a solution, maybe for you-but it just created a problem for someonelse...

<.<

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 08:07 AM
I cannot shoot them from long range before I die, the range on the immunizer is too far.

You are not supposed to charge someone with your shotgun halfway across the map...

Ticon
05-14-2013, 08:14 AM

ok- i recall in firefall. every match had everyone using snipper rifles and matches ended in 60sec as well. that can go with any weapon really/premade group

here is infectors- nerfing the weapon isnt the answer.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:15 AM
You are not supposed to charge someone with your shotgun halfway across the map...

Now your just attacking my person, I would appreciate it if you kept the posts to the topic.

I stated before I try to use AR. Do you expect me to snipe the immunizer? The anti-sniper infector?

If I were shotgunning I would of course stealth to get close. I'm not going to charge into open fire, this isn't an anime.

Ataraxia
05-14-2013, 08:15 AM
or better yet with the new introduction of mele weapon they should learn howto use em in defense to infectors, its called using skills...

How could that possibly work against the Immunizer? (which is the most overused weapon as of now along with shotguns)

To be honest, I'd like it if the infector took a little more skill to be used effectively. If a nerf is required I hope it only applies to the immunizer, I think the other infectors aren't OP.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:17 AM
ok- i recall in firefall. every match had everyone using snipper rifles and matches ended in 60sec as well. that can go with any weapon really/premade group

here is infectors- nerfing the weapon isnt the answer.

Not infectors in general, mainly immunizers.

KOLZ
05-14-2013, 08:17 AM
So basically OP you got pwnd by a user with an infector and you want them to dumb it down in some way or another? ;)

DeMoted
05-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Now your just attacking my person, I would appreciate it if you kept the posts to the topic.

I stated before I try to use AR. Do you expect me to snipe the immunizer? The anti-sniper infector?

If I were shotgunning I would of course stealth to get close. I'm not going to charge into open fire, this isn't an anime.
I am not even bothering with you anymore. You fail to understand things and like to make others up.

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Hahaha.

@ Zabuza: Roll with the perk "Thick Skinned" as infectors seem to crash your shield very quickly. Use tactics, too. DeMoted posted earlier on things you can do to escape them. But I like to be aggressive. If you're using Blur, use your speed to flank them. Know the maps. Don't get in a long range battle because most people use the anti-sniper immunizer, you know what's going to happen.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's the only time I see fit to use this combination...Cloak and shotgun. A good one. FRC Heavy Scattergun, VOT Grind Fraggers are decent. Infiltrator is necessary. Good luck. Oh, and practice your grenades, they are fun and extremely deadly. Cloak and drop, haha.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:21 AM
So basically OP you got pwnd by a user with an infector and you want them to dumb it down in some way or another? ;)

Users, plural. Countless users. yeah, I got pwned, and I have pwned a few with my own immunizer. What I'm saying it is getting dumb ridiculous, everyone uses an immunizer because they know they are OP. So the game is Immunizers and explosives. There is no variety of opponent anymore. Maybe one or two on occasion, but everyone on top has an immunizer.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:23 AM

I am not even bothering with you anymore. You fail to understand things and like to make others up.

You assumed I charged into a firing opponent. How is that not an insult to my intelligence?

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Users, plural. Countless users. yeah, I got pwned, and I have pwned a few with my own immunizer. What I'm saying it is getting dumb ridiculous, everyone uses an immunizer because they know they are OP. So the game is Immunizers and explosives. There is no variety of opponent anymore. Maybe one or two on occasion, but everyone on top has an immunizer.

Also, the maps at this point don't allow for much range. If Freight Yard *Looks at Sledge* was up and running it may help with the variety. I snipe. I got my infectors and sawed-off shotguns to level 10 for the pursuits and stopped. Secondary pistol, assault rifle. Try going to the Shadow War. I find a better variety of players there than I do in competitive multiplayer.

Haha, and as I edit my post, I will say the Shadow War has the same type of players so it's not like you'll find zero immunizer users there, you may find more...

But I have to shake my head and laugh at those who "Hell on Wheels" your ***, just riding around on their runners thumping the dog s*** outta anyone in their way, haha.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 08:26 AM
You assumed I charged into a firing opponent. How is that not an insult to my intelligence?

When people insult you like that, just shrug it off. We know the nerf is coming, so their attacks are simply desperation.

KOLZ
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM

isn't it amazing how everything is "op" from non-developers that got murdered by a certain weapon/spell/item every single time? How does that coincidence work out? Oh yeah and they ALWAYS use that weapon and still think it's "op". Love how that coincidence never changes. ;) Plus I thought the big cry by people getting their ***** handed to them was the cloak and shot gun cry, when did that change? O_o

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
@ Zabuza: Roll with the perk "Thick Skinned"

Already have it on all my loadouts.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's the only time I see fit to use this combination...Cloak and shotgun. A good one. FRC Heavy Scattergun, VOT Grind Fraggers are decent. Infiltrator is necessary. Good luck. Oh, and practice your grenades, they are fun and extremely deadly. Cloak and drop, haha.

Already have a loadout for that.

Still not going to change the fact immunizers are overpowered.

Jack Johnson
05-14-2013, 08:30 AM
isn't it amazing how everything is "op" from non-developers that got murdered by a certain weapon/spell/item every single time? How does that coincidence work out? Oh yeah and they ALWAYS use that weapon and still think it's "op". Love how that coincidence never changes. ;) Plus I thought the big cry by people getting their ***** handed to them was the cloak and shot gun cry, when did that change? O_o

Cloak and shottie nerf is coming down the pipeline too. Good game sonny.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Lulz because cloak and shotgun isn't overpowered. It has a weakness.

... so their attacks are simply desperation.

I am seeing their strategy, 'try to troll a personal argument till the thread gets closed'

MJGoodbarr
05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Zabuza, I understand your frustration but hey, it's the game we play. On a final note, While I do think that the homing ability of the immunizer is a little over the top, I don't think the gun is as OP as you're describing. There are ways to beat it and if you can't execute, go back to the drawing board and keep practicing.

KOLZ
05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Cloak and shottie nerf is coming down the pipeline too. Good game sonny.

good game? O_o I thought this was a forum "sonny" not a game. No idea who won but I am glad it was a "good game"..

Jandipoo
05-14-2013, 08:48 AM
They should add one perk for each weapon type.

"Reduces damage caused by ____ by X/Y/Z%. Only applies to player weapons"

Slot them all and give up a lot of offensive perks, or slot only a few and take full damage from the guy using gun you're not defending against.

Ticon
05-14-2013, 08:50 AM
iam not trolling-iam trying to make you see your argument-its been stated the infectors-among other weapons will get nerfs. sledgehammer stated in defiance central interview...they are coming ok we get it, but i think his reasons are more viable than yours.

that said, itll be dark day in this game for sure.

Quilliam
05-14-2013, 09:19 AM
You die from infectors? What are you doing running away in a straight line? Attack them or roll into cover.

Take regen...then The only infector dot that has a shot of killing you is canker.

If you see a bug kill it. That's the real damage dealer on the long range ones.

The only reason you should be dying from infectors is if you are speced as a shotgun stealther or if the infector is in combo with a real damage dealing fun like an AR. It is super easy to get kills with infector granted, but only because you are getting the killing blow, I can't tell you how many times my ar gets them down to a sliver of health but a teammate gets thenfinal kill.

If they change kill credit to most damage dealt I imagine most people would have new guns to hate.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 09:25 AM
You die from infectors? What are you doing running away in a straight line? Attack them or roll into cover.

Take regen...then The only infector dot that has a shot of killing you is canker.

If you see a bug kill it. That's the real damage dealer on the long range ones.

The only reason you should be dying from infectors is if you are speced as a shotgun stealther or if the infector is in combo with a real damage dealing fun like an AR. It is super easy to get kills with infector granted, but only because you are getting the killing blow, I can't tell you how many times my ar gets them down to a sliver of health but a teammate gets thenfinal kill.

No, I mostly run for cover if someone gets the drop on me.

Have regen, and fortitude for the increased regen. (Regen is %, fortitude add more health, hence more health per regen tick)

These bugs, I am not seeing these bugs people keep talking about. But when I die it shows the infector icon. I have seen the bugs in Co Op maps and when I use the grenade. But I don't see them in PvP

SuperBean
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
If you use any weapon aside from a shot gun you wouldn't need to worry about the long ranged infectors.

it seems like shotgun users are the only ones crying about infectors being OP, guess its because infectors are the ONLY counter for shotgun+cloak and they have no skill?

Use an ar.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
If you use any weapon aside from a shot gun you wouldn't need to worry about the long ranged infectors.

it seems like shotgun users are the only ones crying about infectors being OP, guess its because infectors are the ONLY counter for shotgun+cloak and they have no skill?

Use an ar.

We've already been over this. Seems my AR doesn't work because in this encounter fall off damage is to blame.

And I'm using Blur and Immunizer (and switch between big and matchlock boomers) myself right now because I can't compete without it. My immunizer doesn't seem to turn into bugs, nor do I see bugs when other people use infectors on me in PvP. Everyone says run from the bugs, but I don't see any. I am looking everywhere, especially the ground around me.