PDA

View Full Version : Little grey shortbuses (grey mission trucks)

Ichidakiller
05-14-2013, 05:34 AM
What is going on with the increase of everyone driving these thing around arkfalls.
I mean yeah I've seen 1-2at almost every arkfall the last few weeks. This last weekend I have had no less then 5of them doing doughnut around arkfalls.

(I know how they get them, Im not sharing this info so we have more of them)

It was bad enough we had a bunch of buggys and dodges roaming around arkfalls but when you get 5 around the same arkfall the game is almost unplayable. Mobs getting shoved around only to blink back to original spots.

The problem is that is mission truck doesn't get destroyed like other vehicles, it is able to ram the matron,hellion, hulker what ever else and not take any damage. I understand this is in because the mission has you ram 50 or so raiders along the way.

Trion can we do something about using this vehicle outside of tue mission area. The cars are bad enough but the mission trucks are annoying as hell.

MagellanD
05-14-2013, 06:13 AM
What is going on with the increase of everyone driving these thing around arkfalls.
I mean yeah I've seen 1-2at almost every arkfall the last few weeks. This last weekend I have had no less then 5of them doing doughnut around arkfalls.

(I know how they get them, Im not sharing this info so we have more of them)

It was bad enough we had a bunch of buggys and dodges roaming around arkfalls but when you get 5 around the same arkfall the game is almost unplayable. Mobs getting shoved around only to blink back to original spots.

The problem is that is mission truck doesn't get destroyed like other vehicles, it is able to ram the matron,hellion, hulker what ever else and not take any damage. I understand this is in because the mission has you ram 50 or so raiders along the way.

Trion can we do something about using this vehicle outside of tue mission area. The cars are bad enough but the mission trucks are annoying as hell.

I Concur!!!!
Some of the minor ark falls have the honeycomb type barriers which limit these and I think add an element that you need to think about to get around. Although not like the game makes you think intelligently or strategically. I Think more of these scattered around all minor and major arkfalls could be a simple solution to this agony of shortbus riders and drivetards.

Durva360
05-14-2013, 06:18 AM
I Concur!!!!
Some of the minor ark falls have the honeycomb type barriers which limit these and I think add an element that you need to think about to get around. Although not like the game makes you think intelligently or strategically. I Think more of these scattered around all minor and major arkfalls could be a simple solution to this agony of shortbus riders and drivetards.

Except the people that have learned to handle these trucks well and can even still drive circles despite some Arkfalls having these barriers..

MagellanD
05-14-2013, 06:22 AM
I think a contributing factor is these ta.rds won't go away so more are adopting the.
"If you can't beat em, join em" attitude and have taken to driving at arkfalls.

I hope Trion addresses this in 1.20 but even in the things they're looking at community blog awhile back it wasn't even on a list for consideration (That they've told us)

Ichidakiller
05-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Something has to be done its getting out of hand. 5-7 people ruining the game for alot of people simply because they think its fun to run around arkfalls in mission trucks that can't be blown up.

Era
05-14-2013, 07:45 AM
As long as Trion refuses to scale enemy numbers at arkfalls and that 2.5k arkfall kills pursuit is still in the game those trucks aren't going away.

Look on the bright side, they're actually a GOOD thing at all the majors except the destroy the crystal hellbug arkfalls.

Ozzalin
05-14-2013, 07:53 AM
I Concur!!!!

lol do you know that these trucks AND the Cerberus were intended at 1st to be integral part of the open world as primary vehicles?
That all the vehicles we have were supposed to be driven around freely and also armed with weaps?
The problem with that is Trion probably saw it coming before release, all the cry babies on the forums saying that it would all mess their arkfalls.

But it's not the fault of the players who are crying.
Because yes, basically if we would have weapons on our vehicles as intended in the 1st place, not only that this game would be extremely nice to play, and fun, but, everyone would enjoy riding with friends, while firing a machine gun, gatling gun or missiles at hellbugs a bit like Planetside 2 open world style.

The thing is, as for the core of the game, it was a bad concept since the beginning.
And unfortunately now, we don't get to experience it except in PVP.
So many things that didn't make it in Defiance in the end.
That is why we have such a small game now compared to all the early videos and trailers we saw in the beginning.

kjacks05
05-14-2013, 08:20 AM
LOL, sorry to say but driving this truck around arkfalls is probably the most fun I have in this game, and I really enjoy the game. I don't do it every time but I am deliberately not progressing in the story to save the truck any time I need it.

Epshiluss
05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
would be great if skitter lings at arkfalls latched on to vehicles in stead of getting run over. They then destroy the vehicle and drag the offending driver out through the shattered windscreen and proceed to eat their face much like the way the 99 miner in mother load gets eaten.

Other players will have the option to cheer or dance while watching the helpless victim get face f***'ed.

The headless player gets a message in red acroos the screen saying "You have died". They then spawn in a cage next to a raider camp fire.

Ichidakiller
05-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Things taken out of the game are fine. More then likely no one ever got out of them and was on foot. Hey I dont really care why they are not in the game probably for good reason.

Driving around in an indestructible vehicle is not and I can only guess was never intended. That's where the problem is. The vehicle is totally invulnerable to anything. It can ram a monarch or hellion without any negative effect.

Driving around a vehicle that blows up if it takes to much damage hey go for it. Driving around in an indestructible vehicle is bs.

You can honestly tell me they ever intended for someone to run around in these vehicles without taking any damage.

Misto29
05-14-2013, 08:45 AM
would be great if skitter lings at arkfalls latched on to vehicles in stead of getting run over. They then destroy the vehicle and drag the offending driver out through the shattered windscreen and proceed to eat their face much like the way the 99 miner in mother load gets eaten.

Other players will have the option to cheer or dance while watching the helpless victim get face f***'ed.

The headless player gets a message in red across the screen saying "You have died". They then spawn in a cage next to a raider camp fire.

I'm not sure if I should cheer for this post or feel disturbed that someone thought it up. :confused:

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:50 AM
People do it because it used to be a quick way to get roller skill, I don't know if it still gives you skill.

Miserere
05-14-2013, 08:51 AM
How I see many of these players running around in the truck.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltoonzWcAR1r1218ho1_400.gif

kjacks05
05-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I agree, I doubt it was intentional for players to exploit that. It is not completely indestructible though, a direct hit from the Monarch's charge up attack will blow it up, as will the symbiote landing on it directly. As far as I know though, these are the only two things that can destroy it, nothing else even damages it.

ratt707
05-14-2013, 08:56 AM
LOL, sorry to say but driving this truck around arkfalls is probably the most fun I have in this game, and I really enjoy the game. I don't do it every time but I am deliberately not progressing in the story to save the truck any time I need it.

Not sure if serious.

I can't even make fun of the cartards cause my area txt chat is broken. please fix this so I may make people feel bad about being morons.

Zabuza
05-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Not sure if serious.

I can't even make fun of the cartards cause my area txt chat is broken. please fix this so I may make people feel bad about being morons.

If your on console, did you try using down to scroll through the channels on the dpad? I don't know how you change channels on PC, /area?

kjacks05
05-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Not sure if serious.
Very serious.

ratt707
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
If your on console, did you try using down to scroll through the channels on the dpad? I don't know how you change channels on PC, /area?

Ya Im on ps3 and got the channel thing down. my problem is either entering something in chat which doesn't pop up at all, or only shows when in the menu mode. Very hard to tell what is getting posted, what isn't.

This is for all chat types clan, area, group. The real problem is that I feel people are giving up on the chat cause it is so finicky. you spend time typing something out not knowing if people are actually getting your messages.

Ok, back to the cartard discussion.

Conneri
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Just make the trucks targetable by players. Let the players sort out what's acceptable. :)

Shogo_Yahagi
05-14-2013, 10:17 AM
I want falling debris to target them. Enter the circle with a vehicle, get an "Incoming debris!" warning and if you're not out of the circle in time, SMITE! Your vehicle gets taken out and someone gets to revive you.