PDA

View Full Version : Lets take a moment to discuss Defiance etiquette.

Keltic Rage
05-14-2013, 06:54 AM
I have spent the last two weeks chasing the Decoy pursuit. Not because it's bugged, not because it's hard to kill guys, but because of little pencil necked pricks swooping in and dropping bombs on my decoy.

I'm all by myself, it's pretty obvious what I am doing. And furthermore I am in a huge area full of respawning hellbugs. I even sent a message to one asking if he would go to the northern mounds to hunt. His response, in a barely ball drop voice "I can't help where my infector goes". Even though he ran right up to me, saw my decoy and started firing directly at it.

I am so frustrated with some of the people that play this game! I wished there was a way to at least tag them so they would show up as a different color on my map so that i may easily avoid them.

Unsent Soul
05-14-2013, 07:06 AM
I had no issues getting my decoy kills. Might have helped that I was using a bmg to level those up and the spanners destroyed every skitterling that jumped to my decoy. Try the diablo station mission, lot of bugs and usually nobody there. Don't be mad because someone was killing something.

Grit
05-14-2013, 07:12 AM
haha i love when ppl cry about ppl "stealing kills" this is all i'm getting from this topic.

1. aim better
2. shoot faster

go play your story missions and send out the decoy...it's more than easy enough to get the kills with it. go to the un-populated areas and have at it. the only ego crap i haven't gotten the kills for thus far is the stupid cloak bs and i doubt i ever will because it's almost worthless in PvE lol

MagellanD
05-14-2013, 07:20 AM
OP this had no relevance to any etiquette.

Hardly anyone has etiquette in the game so I will add my suggestions here.

1.) If you tea bag a crawling body at least revive it after.
2.) When driving at an arkfall please make sure to honk in order to let us know to get out of your way. Especially when driving the big mission truck that doesn't explode.
4.) When going into a co-op to finish a contract at least say thank you before ditching the other players
5.) Keep using your cluster, bazooka, grenades at mini arkfalls but please say "Excuse me, pardon me"
6.) Umadbro is getting old. Please use proper english and ask the question. "Art thou mad brother?"
7.) Dubstep is not good music please switch it back to the women hating thug life promoting gangsta rap

Combo Breaker
05-14-2013, 08:56 AM

2.) When driving at an arkfall please make sure to honk in order to let us know to get out of your way. Especially when driving the big mission truck that doesn't explode.
4.) When going into a co-op to finish a contract at least say thank you before ditching the other players
5.) Keep using your cluster, bazooka, grenades at mini arkfalls but please say "Excuse me, pardon me"
6.) Umadbro is getting old. Please use proper english and ask the question. "Art thou mad brother?"
7.) Dubstep is not good music please switch it back to the women hating thug life promoting gangsta rap

My name is Combo and I approve this message.

A s0t
05-14-2013, 09:20 AM

8.) sell oranges in the xbox forum not the trading forum
9.)only use cloak/shotgun in pvp

Murder
05-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I've been grinding out bolt-action kills at an undisclosed location, I understand what you're saying but usually those people show up do what they gotta do and leave within 5 minutes, not really a big deal for me, although I am grinding at a pretty obscure place.

JBsteel
05-14-2013, 10:00 AM

Indubitably
We should write them as commandments...
Thou shalt revive thy dead body, after engaging in lewd acts on thy faces
Thou shalt drive though arkfalls, honking and saying "Ello!"

Donnyrides
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
haha i love when ppl cry about ppl "stealing kills" this is all i'm getting from this topic.

1. aim better
2. shoot faster

go play your story missions and send out the decoy...it's more than easy enough to get the kills with it. go to the un-populated areas and have at it. the only ego crap i haven't gotten the kills for thus far is the stupid cloak bs and i doubt i ever will because it's almost worthless in PvE lol

easy fix for this. just do the sharp shooter with the weird sniper rifle. I think it's called sniper savior or something like that. That hotshot mission puts you in cloak mode for the entire time. you can get about 30 or 40 or up to 100 kills per time.

RevJynxed
05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Odd, I used decoy to draw enemies off others and give them a focused firing point. So I've been using it wrong? I'm supposed to use it as a reservation system? Should I scream out "MINE" whenever I put out a decoy?

Here I thought I was supposed to be helping the other survivors.

Etiquette. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Knucklehead
05-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Best rules of etiquette for Defiance:

When not attending an arkfall event, sit at player gather spots like fast travel locations, Demon Ranch, etc, and blast your vehicle horn non stop. If you can't do that, fire rockets at the walls as much as possible. Everyone loves that stuff.

If at an arkfall, drive around like an idiot and kill all the skitterlings. No one wants to deal decent damage to the crystal anyway. Then everyone should park their car right at the crystal and start firing grenades and rockets at it. Be sure to keep spawning your vehicle at the crystal. No one wants to be able to see those pesky blisters that may be forming on the crystal, from all those skitterlings you're no longer running over.

Also, be sure your Kinect mic is always turned on. Especially when you're having random conversations with your household about Tupperware or some other random stuff no one cares about. If you're yelling at your kids or wife, even better. Everyone wants to hear about it. And always, always, always blast annoying music.

:D

bigbear2face
05-14-2013, 10:31 AM
9.)only use cloak/shotgun in pvp

I would change that to:

9.)Only use the Infector Immunizer that has broken range, can go full auto when using a broken magazine mod (won't say which one). Also, like other broken infector issues in PvP your reticle will turn red on cloak players and your bugs will attack cloaked players.

Shotguns and cloak aren't really a problem anymore for people that know what they are doing. The Immunizer on the other hand is a broken, OP, pain in the ***.

Lethaltyrant
05-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Odd, I used decoy to draw enemies off others and give them a focused firing point. So I've been using it wrong? I'm supposed to use it as a reservation system? Should I scream out "MINE" whenever I put out a decoy?

Etiquette. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

From the sounds it you are using it right, I don't use it yet but im going to start soon. That is how i would use it anyway, to distract the enemy, to help teammates, and to get away from the enemy when shield is down or friend is down. After googling this is the definition i found for decoy to "Lure or entice (a person or animal) away from an intended course"

MirrorStream
05-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I have spent the last two weeks chasing the Decoy pursuit. Not because it's bugged, not because it's hard to kill guys, but because of little pencil necked pricks swooping in and dropping bombs on my decoy.

I'm all by myself, it's pretty obvious what I am doing. And furthermore I am in a huge area full of respawning hellbugs. I even sent a message to one asking if he would go to the northern mounds to hunt. His response, in a barely ball drop voice "I can't help where my infector goes". Even though he ran right up to me, saw my decoy and started firing directly at it.

I am so frustrated with some of the people that play this game! I wished there was a way to at least tag them so they would show up as a different color on my map so that i may easily avoid them.
I have just the opposite example - contract for blastpods. Got it in two runs, cause everyone in the area were just "marking" them with one hit.

Grit
05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I have just the opposite example - contract for blastpods. Got it in two runs, cause everyone in the area were just "marking" them with one hit.

Dude,

when we need to get X # of baddies for a contract in an area that spawns only X # per run we all tag them with a weak weapon and the last person in the group finishes them off. Best way to work together..its even better when randoms see what's going on and follow suit with out direction.

YellowTM
05-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Best rules of etiquette for Defiance:

When not attending an arkfall event, sit at player gather spots like fast travel locations, Demon Ranch, etc, and blast your vehicle horn non stop. If you can't do that, fire rockets at the walls as much as possible. Everyone loves that stuff.

If at an arkfall, drive around like an idiot and kill all the skitterlings. No one wants to deal decent damage to the crystal anyway. Then everyone should park their car right at the crystal and start firing grenades and rockets at it. Be sure to keep spawning your vehicle at the crystal. No one wants to be able to see those pesky blisters that may be forming on the crystal, from all those skitterlings you're no longer running over.

Also, be sure your Kinect mic is always turned on. Especially when you're having random conversations with your household about Tupperware or some other random stuff no one cares about. If you're yelling at your kids or wife, even better. Everyone wants to hear about it. And always, always, always blast annoying music.

:D

lmao.

brilliant.

A s0t
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Dude,

when we need to get X # of baddies for a contract in an area that spawns only X # per run we all tag them with a weak weapon and the last person in the group finishes them off. Best way to work together..its even better when randoms see what's going on and follow suit with out direction.get your co-op out of my co-op game

stormbringer328
05-14-2013, 01:05 PM
OP I agree 100 percent. Game etiquette in an open world is non existent. Most players are selfish prick who enjoy pissing others off and just moan, 'sorry, don't understand what I'm doing.' Blah. I could go on and on but it's all been said already. If you want a good place I've had much success at send me an in game msg and I'll take you there. Good spot for many pursuit completions. Also some other tips i'd rather not share on the forums.

Draaconis
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM

Perfect and a big +10 for the Princess Bride reference.

Keltic Rage
05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
To he comments pointing out I was whining and what not. Well... you're probably right. But in my defense i found out my decoy kill count was actually indeed bugged. i took out three groups of 10 and got credit for 3. As for the "stealing my kills comment" that also is probably a fair comment, but i suspect the one that made it is probably as big of of ******-bag as the person I was referring to. We were in quite a large area, no one else around, I see little need to this ****** to stand right next to me, shooting the same enemies when there was literally two dozen hellbugs right behind us.

ObliviDan
05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey, for what it's worth... I see what yer sayin' and I agree. Just the other night I was grindin' out some kills at Big Stone when these two randoms show up and immediately decided to screw with me by standing directly in front of me to block my view and troll me on the mic (I muted them within 10 seconds though so jokes on them) and typical little kid crap like that. The irony in this is that they were probably there to grind skitterlings and they could have as I was more interested in the Archers as I find them easier to hit and kill with a single shot from a bolt action. But since they decided to act like ******y little kids, I decided to hang around and screw up what they were doing. Moral of the story is two-fold...

1. Don't start no shtako, won't be no shtako!
2. Little kids get dumber every year.

P.S. Oh and just in case these losers read this... Remember how you called me a "nerdy virgin"? Well my girlfriend saw that and decided that I deserved "a treat" (you'll just have to use yer imagination) so thanks for that, dumbasses!

fang1192
05-14-2013, 04:00 PM
P.S. Oh and just in case these losers read this... Remember how you called me a "nerdy virgin"? Well my girlfriend saw that and decided that I deserved "a treat" (you'll just have to use yer imagination) so thanks for that, dumbasses!

Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin Nerdy virgin.

You're welcome. And yes, people are idiots.

ThatGuyJacko
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I saw doing that contract for destroying Pods, you need to destroy 15, I think there's 8-10 per time you complete the whole mission, when I got there a guy was already there, and I just played it anyway, then I noticed he wasn't moving and had stopped moving when I'd gotten there, from where he was standing I knew exactly what he was doing! you have to get 2 poisons and deposit them into 2 pipes then it spawns 6 blaster pods, he was stood right by where they spawn and as soon as it popped up he shot it and drove away, left me to do the rest, I understand most people want to do the contract then get on with other things but this sir, this was not right, leaving a guy to face a Monarch is not right.

I had to do the mission again to get the final 3 Pods, someone else was there with me again, I got my pods done before he came and I was going to finish the mission anyway, XP is always nice and I ran around and halfed the health of all of the pods for the stranger that was doing it too, I even left the mutant hellbugs incase he hadn't done that contract, maybe I'm too nice and expect others to be the same

stormbringer328
05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
ThatGuyJJacko - agreed. This is a ****ty move. I wish others would realize that a kill isn't necessary. All you have to do is damage it. Especially for those who complete the contract but keep shooting. Or don't participate and just camp where contract object will appear, making you do everything to getto that point. I don't understand why, as a community, we can't respect one another. So many self serving a holes. I have metsome awesome people on here. But far more a holes.

Jeff Kaos
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
OP I agree 100 percent. Game etiquette in an open world is non existent. Most players are selfish prick who enjoy pissing others off and just moan, 'sorry, don't understand what I'm doing.' Blah. I could go on and on but it's all been said already. If you want a good place I've had much success at send me an in game msg and I'll take you there. Good spot for many pursuit completions. Also some other tips i'd rather not share on the forums.

So players are more selfish than someone camped out at the crater across the road from the Bug N' Chug claiming it as their own personal grind spot and then get pissed when someone else comes to the "worst kept secret in Defiance" to do the same thing? Dude, this is an "open world" game, not a "man I wish I was all alone so I can complete pointless pursuits" game.

And OP also made it a point that this person was a child, using one of the stupidest ways to describe this fact. I'm a grown man and I realize I'm playing video games on a device carried at most toy stores so there's a pretty reasonable chance that I'll run into children when I'm playing those games. Keeping this in mind I try to treat them with the same kind of respect I'd expect other adults to treat my child with. If you hate that kids play video games quit playing them. I hear that building clipper ships in bottles is a pretty rewarding hobby. I just don't get the hate against children in video games, especially on the consoles.

Schmiznurf
05-14-2013, 10:59 PM

I had to do it in three, managed to one hit most of them before the rest of randoms killed them. The second time I went the people there were acting like it was essential to kill them without anyone else getting a hit. Then the third time everyone hit once and I think everyone was afraid to get the final shot in case someone didn't hit it already.

Tzar of kaos
05-15-2013, 02:18 AM
So players are more selfish than someone camped out at the crater across the road from the Bug N' Chug claiming it as their own personal grind spot and then get pissed when someone else comes to the "worst kept secret in Defiance" to do the same thing? Dude, this is an "open world" game, not a "man I wish I was all alone so I can complete pointless pursuits" game.

And OP also made it a point that this person was a child, using one of the stupidest ways to describe this fact. I'm a grown man and I realize I'm playing video games on a device carried at most toy stores so there's a pretty reasonable chance that I'll run into children when I'm playing those games. Keeping this in mind I try to treat them with the same kind of respect I'd expect other adults to treat my child with. If you hate that kids play video games quit playing them. I hear that building clipper ships in bottles is a pretty rewarding hobby. I just don't get the hate against children in video games, especially on the consoles.

The game is rated +18 years old...I got nothing against children playing video games but when someone play on a mature video game he should act as an adult.And adult people too some are so childish...

SKM093
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM

1. aim better
2. shoot faster

Just registered to answer this...

The thing that I did was that i bought one of those rocket launchers that you shoot and then you split it up into mini cluster bombs in midair. Sometimes found at stores, but they're usually drops by random mobs, emergencies etc.
Then, I found a bunch of skitterlings and hellbugs, went into cloak right before firing, and exploded it right ontop of thier heads. By the time the missiles landed, I was invisible and it counted for my cloak kills.
Took me about an hour and a half of sweaty palms and frequent reloads, but finished it regardless :)

Pyrael
05-15-2013, 04:16 AM
op this had no relevance to any etiquette.

Hardly anyone has etiquette in the game so i will add my suggestions here.

1.) if you tea bag a crawling body at least revive it after.
2.) when driving at an arkfall please make sure to honk in order to let us know to get out of your way. Especially when driving the big mission truck that doesn't explode.
4.) when going into a co-op to finish a contract at least say thank you before ditching the other players
5.) keep using your cluster, bazooka, grenades at mini arkfalls but please say "excuse me, pardon me"
6.) umadbro is getting old. Please use proper english and ask the question. "art thou mad brother?"
7.) dubstep is not good music please switch it back to the women hating thug life promoting gangsta rap

roooooooofl

stormbringer328
05-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Really? You have a problem with my response to etiquette in this game? In any game. I don't get upsey when someone stomps across my hunting ground. I leave and come back later. But Ido have a problem with someone running over **** I've spent time on taking out. There are way more issues of etiquette than the original post. Don't you dare tell me it's just how it is, give respect and get it, blah blah. I am courteous to everyone till they've earned myy ire. I help people every day in this game. Show them how to's and the like. I am a man and.give every person their due respect. Is it so much to expect that from others? Especially when we have similar interests and enjoy playing the same game. So please, tell me how I am wrong.

ObliviDan
05-15-2013, 09:06 AM
See, I'm like Stormbringer here. I'm a helluva nice guy till you decide to screw with me. After that, you might as well put the game away because whatever it is you're trying to do... I WILL **** it up for you. I promise. As long as you can restrain yourself from acting like a stupid child however, I'm that guy who will pull over and save you when yer getting your *** kicked. Why? Because I'd want someone to do the same for me!

MagellanD
05-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Really? You have a problem with my response to etiquette in this game? In any game. I don't get upsey when someone stomps across my hunting ground. I leave and come back later. But Ido have a problem with someone running over **** I've spent time on taking out. There are way more issues of etiquette than the original post. Don't you dare tell me it's just how it is, give respect and get it, blah blah. I am courteous to everyone till they've earned myy ire. I help people every day in this game. Show them how to's and the like. I am a man and.give every person their due respect. Is it so much to expect that from others? Especially when we have similar interests and enjoy playing the same game. So please, tell me how I am wrong.

You're not wrong however you seem to not understand the world is full of jerks. It just is. This isn't happy fairy utopia land in or out of game. People are going to be A-holes. You'll be a lot happier recognizing this and just letting it go and play on.

squirrel1969
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM

I just had this happen to me trying to complete one of those 'gather samples' pursuits. I had driven around for 10 minutes before finding the right kind of hell bug emergency, I wiped all the bugs out, leaving the pheromone puddle until I could get to it unmolested. I swear to god as soon as I bent down to collect the sample, this purple dot comes flying through the radar, stands opposite me obviously gathering a sample, and then the ******y mc******bag goes ahead and blows the sample out from under my hands before the gather could complete. And this is only one example of this sort of crap.

Ok, I understand that some ******s out there do this kind of immature shtako on purpose because they think its funny, but its not ****ing funny. Not one bit. Not everyone has hours and hours everyday to play the game and when what little time I can give to it is ruined by these little pricks who make it impossible to finish pursuits. Just ONCE I'd like to complete a pursuit without having to inform another player via mike that he is a giant ****ing ******bag.

squirrel1969
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
While the world is full of jerks, their very existence is hardly reason enough to simply let them get away with continuing to be jerks. If more people speak up and tell the jerks off, they will disappear and go find a more jerk-tolerant community to piss on.

Case in point... I was at an arkfall yesterday and some guy was driving around in a big truck. Round and round and round like a ********. I got on the mic and told him to quit because he was blocking everyone's views and killing skitterlings that were needed to bite the crystal. His response was a very erudite 'I like to drive'. To which I snapped 'yeah, well, I like soap but I don't go to the mall and bathe in the fracken fountain!'. His comeback? A very meek, 'sorry' and he abandoned the truck.

On that note please don't use an infector at an arkfall if you're going to point it at the crystal. Use it on the bugs and raiders, but not the crystal. The second a bite mark is hit by an infector it disappears! The infector does zero damage and closes the bite, which means we all miss the opportunity to do damage on the bite and break the crystal.

Ok I understand some people are new to the game and may not have noticed yet how arkfalls work, but I promise any noob or anyone looking for pointers that there are a ton of experienced players who will be happy to explain things to you if you just ask and listen.

Oh and one more thing. If you have a coughing fit, please turn your damned mic off as quickly as possible. My ears are still ringing after getting blasted by someone with whooping cough. Not to mention his girlfriend in the background screaming about how thrilled she is to spend her day off watching him play a stupid video game. This experience goes right up there in my Defiance book with the kid who spent a coop mission screaming at his mommy to leave him the **** alone and just bring his dinner into his room or he was gonna break her face.

LtRobbiesan
05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
My name is Combo and I approve this message.

My name is LtRobbiesan and I approve of your avatar. Is that a Geth Juggie? Why yes it is, racing stripes n all. :) Damn, think I'm gonna have to go back and sneak in some more ME3 MP. Haven't played since Defiance came out.

DjSeraphim
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
I would change that to:

9.)Only use the Infector Immunizer that has broken range, can go full auto when using a broken magazine mod (won't say which one). Also, like other broken infector issues in PvP your reticle will turn red on cloak players and your bugs will attack cloaked players.

Shotguns and cloak aren't really a problem anymore for people that know what they are doing. The Immunizer on the other hand is a broken, OP, pain in the ***.

This!!! no more need be said.

stormbringer328
05-15-2013, 08:23 PM
You're not wrong however you seem to not understand the world is full of jerks. It just is. This isn't happy fairy utopia land in or out of game. People are going to be A-holes. You'll be a lot happier recognizing this and just letting it go and play on.

Does it sound as if I expect fairy land? I know ugly. I know bad. Of things to happen to someone in life I got stuck with the short straw very early in adulthood. I have been through more in the last 5 years than most go through in their lives. Medically. It hasn't made me bitter. It's humbling even. If I can treat others with respect despite the **** deck I've been dealt, than asking for the same, in a friggin' game, isn't much. I don't think it'll happen. Don't expect it to. But, like you, I enjoy discussing this stuff on the forums. I just wanna ***** about it with the rest. Humans are funny creatures. We have the power to lift ourselves out of the gutter and be.well. but we can't get over the me I favor of we. I understand the world, friend. Hoping to get respect isn't wanting to live a fantasy life. If Ican do it, despite everything, there is no excuse for *******s to proliferate.

Gonz0
05-15-2013, 08:51 PM

1. aim better
2. shoot faster

Uhhhhhhhhh, cloak is great in PvE with shotties and snipes and pistols.

1. cloak better
2. crit faster

It just makes no sense that what is good against "smart" enemies in pvp is awful for this ******ed pve AI.

SleepyPanda
05-15-2013, 08:54 PM
"Art thou mad brother?"

I have no idea why this made me laugh so hard. Thanks for the laugh :)

Xylie Star
05-15-2013, 10:03 PM

Love it! Good job!

Vai Tekaal
05-16-2013, 01:59 AM

1. aim better
2. shoot faster

ie... I'm a complete and total d..chebag. I'm the same guy that drives endless circles in Arkfalls in the heavy roller/breadtruck "just because I can". I'm the guy that shoots ground pounders at vendors non stop while you're browsing what's for sale. I'm the guy that runs around thinking i'm a tough guy melee'ing other players when they're shopping/selling. I get my a.s..s stomped mercilessly in PVP and this is how I get even. All and all I f..king fail at life and get payback buy being an annoying, self centered d..chebag every chance I get online. You're just jealous of my leet skillzzz. My d..chebaggery knows no bounds.....

stormbringer328
05-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Word
ie... I'm a complete and total d..chebag. I'm the same guy that drives endless circles in Arkfalls in the heavy roller/breadtruck "just because I can". I'm the guy that shoots ground pounders at vendors non stop while you're browsing what's for sale. I'm the guy that runs around thinking i'm a tough guy melee'ing other players when they're shopping/selling. I get my a.s..s stomped mercilessly in PVP and this is how I get even. All and all I f..king fail at life and get payback buy being an annoying, self centered d..chebag every chance I get online. You're just jealous of my leet skillzzz. My d..chebaggery knows no bounds.....

All you need are some groupies, rockstar!