PDA

View Full Version : Mic Audio Issues (Help please)

KagatoAC
05-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Okay so I've got a Logitech USB headset plugged into my USB port on my PS3. I don't seem to have any control over the volume of incoming Mic chat at all. It is really low to the point of nearly to completely inaudible at times.

changing the volume on the game on my TV or Stereo has no effect on the chat at all.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? I've looked through the PS3 and Defiance audio settings I don't see anything.

Currently I run Audio on my PS3 via Optical cable to my Stereo system.

Any help appreciated as this is quite frustrating when I can see that people are talking but cant make out a word they are saying either group / clan / area chat.

Facade
05-14-2013, 11:59 AM
You may have to go into the PS3 audio settings (not in-game settings, the console settings) to change the inbound volume.

Also, if you are in area chat then you will almost not be able to hear people unless they are right on top of you as the further away they get, the softer it is in your headset and the range on it is pretty bad. So if you want you can also try to make sure everyone is in clan/group chat to make sure that the issue you are having currently isn't because they keep walking too far away to hear them.

KagatoAC
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
You may have to go into the PS3 audio settings (not in-game settings, the console settings) to change the inbound volume.

This is what I was looking for, but I cant find a setting panel for the Chat at all.

there is a setting under Accessory / Audio Device that recognizes the headset and the Microphone level. but this has no effect on the inbound chat level only the microphone level for outbound >.<

Assasino
05-15-2013, 04:56 AM
perhaps this thread can help you
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?64821-Possible-sound-fix.....

maverick07
05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Well for what it's worth I also use a Logitch USB mic and at times it can be hard to hear my friends too. Pretty sure that volume setting is maxed in my XMB settings also.

Though the only times I have some trouble hearing my mic is during big shootouts so I could probably just turn my TV down even. And not drive the stupidly loud Challengers while on the mic either.

KagatoAC
05-15-2013, 06:51 PM
it seems to me that there is something wrong with the way this game is supporting Dolby 5.1 (I'm assuming it actually does?)

I switched my cables around so that I'm running HDMI to my TV, and the optical out from my TV to my Stereo and it seems to come in a lot cleaner, I haven't had a chance to check my Mic's connection yet tho as the 2 groups I was in this evening no one was talking.

maybe this evening I'll get lucky get into to a group that actually communicates. or a clan with more than 3 active members >.<