PDA

View Full Version : So many things sadden me...

Shazoom
03-22-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm sad.

I thought defiance would be a realistic type mmo.

I hope they change the things I am about to mention, I'm just put off with how carebear things are, I know it's beta I just figured lots of things would be common sense.

No regard for driving - go as fast as you want, hit whatever you want, no damage, no death, no nothing.

No fall damage - jump from ANYWHERE and just simply not die :(

While swimming you can go into a full jump? Confused is what I was.

Unable to dive.

SELF REVIVE?!? What the frack is that!

These are just a few things that were like a punch in the face when I played for two hours today. I thought defiance was going to be a realistic mmo...

Anyone know if they are going to fix any of this?

Signed,

A huge mmo fan who needs this game to be amazing, we do not need our hands held.

Dead_Phoenix
03-22-2013, 04:59 PM
as for the carebear and hands being held. until you try the later content, youve seen nothing in terms of dificulty.

mutants are ment to be dumb, slow easy to kill. later on it gets much harder.

Defy
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
well I think its realistic as in we are playing humans on earth rather then in some fantasy worlds. But still its not like a super realistic game cuz there are aliens and hellbugs and all that stuff

Other than that I guess some decisions were made for the game mechanics, and arguments can be made for both sides for example it can be frustrating defeating 20 enemies in a battle only to die after you slip off a small ledge

Mindfix
03-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm sad.

I hope they change the things I am about to mention, I'm just put off with how carebear things are, I know it's beta I just figured lots of things would be common sense.

No regard for driving - go as fast as you want, hit whatever you want, no damage, no death, no nothing.

Unable to dive.

These are just a few things that were like a punch in the face when I played for two hours today. I thought defiance was going to be a realistic mmo...

Signed,

A huge mmo fan who needs this game to be amazing, we do not need our hands held.

I am playing as the alien race, for all i know they jump out of water and fall great distances.

Shazoom
03-22-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry what? If you are worried about slipping off a ledge and dying then don't be sitting near a ledge.

I'm sure you don't hang out on the edge of a building every day because you grew up believing there's no fall damage IRL.

Metaljunkie
03-22-2013, 05:09 PM
As for the self revive it does have a cooldown after use so you can't constantly revive yourself.

Dead_Phoenix
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry what? If you are worried about slipping off a ledge and dying then don't be sitting near a ledge.

I'm sure you don't hang out on the edge of a building every day because you grew up believing there's no fall damage IRL.

but irl i dont sit around with an alien tech shield on me which absorbs all kinetic energy

Dead_Phoenix
As for the self revive it does have a cooldown after use so you can't constantly revive yourself.

yes 5 minutes

Psychometrics
I'm sad.

Unable to dive.

Signed,

you have an ego implanted in you, and a weird invisi shield..I think they left the 'realistic' behind its a sci-fi if you dont want know what that is. also when you rez yourself..I don't know if you actually notice but..you aren't actually quite dead yet LOL sooo yea its quite possible in this setting that you can give your self a shot or w.e to boost you back up.

also I rather not get killed in a car accident in the game, it really subtracts the fun. why ? because then you can't mess around and do crazy crap lol. fall damage is w.e I couldn't care less if they had it or not. so far this game is kick arse, and I hope it doesn't cater to QQers like you :)

Shazoom
03-22-2013, 05:12 PM
And on the falling and dying... What's it matter if you defeat 20 bad guys then slip and die. Just self revive! Lol

lundwooder
03-22-2013, 05:14 PM

If someone thinks they won't take fall damage irl because they didn't take it in a game then they deserve to fall to their deaths

Warlander
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Trying to explain the game to this person clearly wont help, they had a different idea of what the game was to be, (clearly not what the game was described as) your running around a half terraformed earth, with aliens and computer tech super powers and "its not realistic enough" oh boohoo how you have been decieved! lol

DustOfDeath
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
well complete lack of fall damage is .. idiotic - i accidentally jumped off a cliff at the start and though crap im gonan die now or get hurt bad... but i just popped on ground with straight legs.... nothing.

If there really is that uber kineticshield - melee damage should work.. or bullets... or explosions.

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
And on the falling and dying... What's it matter if you defeat 20 bad guys then slip and die. Just self revive! Lol

you can't continuously rez yourself, it has a cd lol it's to make it convenient if you mess up once in a while, but if you do it often you have to go back to a saved point lol people say this game is easy but..Im not a shooter type, most shooter Ive played was MAG and a little LP2, I never played ritually..so I totally suck. Ive died already like 3 times because I think I can run out into the open and pull a rambo like you can in the run of the mill mmo xP

Shazoom
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not QQing.

I just thought the game that's based off a tv show with live actors and stuff would be more realistic. If I wanted a "hold my hand while I frack around game" I'd go play firefall. But wait! Firefall has fall damage! Your vehicle takes damage, there is no self revive!

I'm just saying, with what this game promises I hope it changes things. Nothing's more disappointing than things looking extremely realistic, then finding out your covered by some invisible padded bubble that doesn't want to see your feelings hurt.

I LOVE the game, it's an amazing concept. So don't hate, they asked for beta opinions, I posted what made me sad.

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Trying to explain the game to this person clearly wont help, they had a different idea of what the game was to be, (clearly not what the game was described as) your running around a half terraformed earth, with aliens and computer tech super powers and "its not realistic enough" oh boohoo how you have been decieved! lol
A for awesome lol

Warlander
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm not QQing.

I just thought the game that's based off a tv show with live actors and stuff would be more realistic. If I wanted a "hold my hand while I frack around game" I'd go play firefall. But wait! Firefall has fall damage! Your vehicle takes damage, there is no self revive!

I'm just saying, with what this game promises I hope it changes things. Nothing's more disappointing than things looking extremely realistic, then finding out your covered by some invisible padded bubble that doesn't want to see your feelings hurt.

I LOVE the game, it's an amazing concept. So don't hate, they asked for beta opinions, I posted what made me sad.

Ive been in firefall beta almost a year and i was just saying to my roomate this game is way better. ive already had a lot more fun.

Haddez
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm sad.

Unable to dive.

Signed,

I agree with being able to jump of water, that seems strange to me. But the rest is fine. I like being able to drive as fast as I want with no consequences. Me and my friends have been racing and doing jumps and stuff :D

Moose Of Woe
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Agreed with everything the OP said.

Throw the greatly overcompensating snap aim/practically full blown auto aim on there as well.

SuperBeast
03-22-2013, 05:33 PM
i said it before but i HATE that the weapons dont have enough recoil. weapons need a little bit more recoil it seems to shooting a laser beam sometimes. i know it misses sometime but the recoil is pretty much non-existent

Desidus
03-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Agreed with everything the OP said.

Throw the greatly overcompensating snap aim/practically full blown auto aim on there as well.

LOL Moose, yep aim needs some work for sure. I think auto aim should snap to mid/lower body (or away from critical areas at least) or be something more like COD's aim. More fluid less crazy. Sometimes I feel like its wrenching me all over the place.

Warlander
03-22-2013, 05:39 PM
You know you can turn auto aim off at least in the PC, so thats not a complaint.

WarMad2
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Fall Damage: The Planet Terra-formed, meaning that gravity its self may have changed as well.

Kantazo
03-22-2013, 06:06 PM
What makes me sad is reading the OP, another over bearing I am better than you player, another hard core who thinks the game is just made for him and the rest of the players are a bunch of carebear who deserve nothing.

Moose Of Woe
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
LOL Moose, yep aim needs some work for sure. I think auto aim should snap to mid/lower body (or away from critical areas at least) or be something more like COD's aim. More fluid less crazy. Sometimes I feel like its wrenching me all over the place.

Snap aim in general I find to be a horrible mechanic. Sticky aim/aim assist is at least tolerable to me, but I think even COD for example is overly generous with it.

The closest thing I can relate auto aim to would be quicktime events. Quicktime events are another example of basically pressing a button and watching the GAME do all the fun stuff.

It's a shame to watch the game do the lion's share of the work - I like to actually control/play as much of a game myself as possible. Auto aim/snap aim, like quicktime events, are just a means of taking control away from you and handing the reigns over to the game. It just seems like a step backwards instead of forwards.

At this rate the next step would be - press RT to aim+shoot. I'm waiting for a game to implement this so I can facepalm a crater in to my forehead.

ironhands
03-22-2013, 06:22 PM
i saw a dead kitty on my walk to work today

Moose Of Woe
03-22-2013, 06:29 PM
i saw a dead kitty on my walk to work today

Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur.
Happy kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr.

ironhands
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur.
Happy kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr.

it wasn't happy, it froze :(

Warlander
03-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Snap aim in general I find to be a horrible mechanic. Sticky aim/aim assist is at least tolerable to me, but I think even COD for example is overly generous with it.

The closest thing I can relate auto aim to would be quicktime events. Quicktime events are another example of basically pressing a button and watching the GAME do all the fun stuff.

It's a shame to watch the game do the lion's share of the work - I like to actually control/play as much of a game myself as possible. Auto aim/snap aim, like quicktime events, are just a means of taking control away from you and handing the reigns over to the game. It just seems like a step backwards instead of forwards.

At this rate the next step would be - press RT to aim+shoot. I'm waiting for a game to implement this so I can facepalm a crater in to my forehead.

I said this before you can turn auto aim off.......why is no one seeing that.

Defy
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
regarding driving, if they made it too realistic then probably your car wouldnt last more than a few seconds driving on that land...

KaosPenguin
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I said this before you can turn auto aim off.......why is no one seeing that.

Not on the 360 version as far as I'm aware of. Not sure if one can turn it off on the PS3 version.

BlackTalons
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
All arkhunters wear standar VBI Supersocks™ as part of their reglamentary gear. Among many features these marvels of technology have capability of propelling the user through the air creating a powerful electromagnetic impulse capable of launching up to 180 kg each, to a height of 2 meters with less than a .4 secs delay. As a necesary complement to this feature, the same system is used to cushion contundent impacts product of considerable free falls or the force transmited from the suden stop of a vehicle to the driver, though is not fast or precise enough to withstand the power of explosions and bullets. In addition to these handy abilities, the combination of the best of earth technology with the vanguard of votan science grant the Supersocks™ their characteristic sleek and compact frame, assuring comfort, protection against extreme weather and temperature conditions, and cosmetic features like customizable color patterns and compatibility with all but the most bizarre footwear out there. Optional additions like super speed, powered kicks and neon flex ligths can be added to your order for a modest extra fee, consult your local VBI autovendor or sales agent for further information.

Supersocks guarranty is valid for up to 2 years. Replacement of of the VBI reglamentary arkhunter edition Supersocks has a cost of 7999 scrip at the expense of the user. Von Bach industries takes no responsability for explosions and consequential injuries, lethal or otherwise, product of the misuse of the Supersocks. Side effects may include varicose veins, vertigo, unatural skin coloration, metal poisoning, electric neuronal damage, blood cancer, loss of toes and unpredictable mutations. If any of these symptoms occur discontinue use and consult your medic or designated euthanasia practitioner.

Defy
03-22-2013, 07:38 PM
All arkhunters wear standar VBI Supersocks™ as part of their reglamentary gear. Among many features these marvels of technology have capability of propulsing you through the air creating a powerful electromagnetic impulse capable of launching up to 180 kg each, to a height of 2 meters with less than a .4 secs delay. As a necesary complement to this feature, the same system is used to ammortiguate contundent impacts product of considerable free falls or the force transmited from the suden stop of a vehicle to the driver, though is not fast or precise enough to withstand the power of explosions and bullets. In addition to these handy abilities, the combination of the best of earth technology with the vanguard of votan science garnt the Supersocks™ their caracteristic sleek and compact frame, assuring comfort, protection against extreme weather and temperature conditions, and cosmetic features like customizable color patterns and compatibility with all but the most bizarre footwear out there. Optional additions like super speed, powered kicks and neon flex ligths can be added to your order for an extra fee, consult your local VBI autovendor or sales agent for further information.

Supersocks guarranty is valid for up to 2 years. Replacement of of the VBI reglamentary arkhunter edition Supersocks has a cost of 7999 scrip at the expense of the user. Von Bach industries takes no responsability for explosions and consecuental injuries lethal or otherwise product of the misuse of the Supersocks. Side effects may include varicose veins, vertigo, unatural skin coloration, metal poisoning, electric neuronal damage, blood cancer, loss of toes and unpredictable mutations. If any of these symptoms occur discontinue use and consult your medic or designated euthanasia practitioner.

yeah there you go :)

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 07:41 PM
regarding driving, if they made it too realistic then probably your car wouldnt last more than a few seconds driving on that land...

they made it too realistic already, I could be a star in "FAIL Woman Driver: Defiance" xD

Kurozaiaku
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM
You're demanding far too much in terms of realism in a game and an MMO of all things. I think the ultimate idea is to have fun with how it is, not to complain that it's not how you imagined it should be.
Even I went into it with certain expectations, none that I'll waste my time airing because half of my concerns are too frivolous to waste time complaining.
I'd much rather enjoy the game for its qualities then sit about nitpicking.

hafgrimmar
03-24-2013, 04:06 AM
but irl i dont sit around with an alien tech shield on me which absorbs all kinetic energy

As the scenario is set on Earth we can at least assume Earth physics work for Earth 'items'.
As such jumping in/on water is bad planning. Amusing as all hell and faster than swimming, but still.

hafgrimmar
03-24-2013, 04:13 AM
If someone thinks they won't take fall damage irl because they didn't take it in a game then they deserve to fall to their deaths

Next people will be blaming games for street violence irl... Oh wait

Aetrion
03-24-2013, 04:20 AM
This game is a really well crafted kiddy pool.

It has no real depth because there are absolutely no meaningful choices to make. Every choice about your character can be readily undone again if you change your mind, there are no choices in the story either, just a singular path.

The gameplay is good, but they could have done a lot more with it.

Psyqhical
03-24-2013, 04:38 AM
I'm sad.
o'Really?

Go play Modern Warfare!

No, they're not going to change anything because you want them to. contrary to what your mom says, you're not special.

Probably cause this is a competitive shooter and not a realistic shooter.

Borderlands 2 didn't have fall damage as well. Did that stop people from playing? No.

You're not gonna be swimming for long anyway cause the further you swim, the blurrier the screen gets and suddenly you're teleported to the nearest Fast Travel location.

Unable to dive.
There is no reason too?

Just because you hate it, doesn't mean you should deny it for others, again you're not special. If you don't like it, then don't use it... Simple.
Besides in the later content you'll find that the Self-Revive is quickly spent. I, myself have been locked out from my Self-Revive cause I used it earlier.

I played for two hours today.
That's not Trion's fault, that's your fault.

I thought defiance was going to be a realistic mmo...
It's a Competitive Online Open World Shooter based in a fantasy world where aliens roam on Earth and we have a roach infestation. You want realism, go play Battlefield 3!

They're not gonna fix this just because you want them to. I know I sound like a broken record, but you're not special. They're not gonna listen to you.They'll only listen if it's the majority of the playerbase, and the majority is now enjoying the game. You, good sir, are maybe 1% of the people who want the game to be more realistic.

Signed,

This game is already amazing, it's just not tailored to your taste and you're b*tthurt about it.

Signed with friendly greetings,

A gamer who finds this game amazing and doesn't want Trion to fix anything that isn't broken.

Darkane
03-24-2013, 04:47 AM
You guys get really defensive over this game. Why can't someone express a negative opinion here without being shot down in flames?

Psyqhical
03-24-2013, 04:48 AM
You guys get really defensive over this game. Why can't someone express a negative opinion here without being shot down in flames?
Cause this person only played for 2 hours. If he played the entire beta time and then ranted, I might be milder in my approach.

Drake
03-24-2013, 04:50 AM
-well you can destroy your vehicle but i love there is no fall dmg for cars etc its so fun to drive now

-jaeh like its nice, otherwise game would be frustrating, you have little airthings in your shoos, damn its future its like it is :) and its alot fun, when you get dmg from falling they would have to recreate all areas, its perfect now

- ^^ i am fine with jump while swim, everyone hates swim so ... its faster way hehe

Unable to dive.
- ? why would you want to ? you have heavy armor ^^ be happy you swim

-only once every few minutes, play some later instances and tell me you not want it ^^ you NEED it :) its nice it s good why bother ?

-for me i hope NOTHING because all you want is bad xD

ps: to quote the makers "its a TPS first and an MMO second" and why should a future alien tps realistic ? its not mondern warfare ^^

you played 2 hours and hate on all i like playing this game for months ... nice work done !

and sure is autoaim ****, because its done for bad players to help them, god in hell just TURN IT OFF in options like i did xD

ChaosOneX
03-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Umm... You are aware that this is the defiance forums right? Try going to a star wars convention and complaining about the plot