PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre order bonus xp and scrip days, between Digital and GS CE

Darkshadow
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Hi, I was just wanting to know why is the 99.99 getting a 30 xp and scrip bonus when the 149.99 only getting a 7 day bonus? I was looking over the things included in the Gamestop Collector Edition and the other editions, and it seems be some what short on some of the stuff considering that its the most costly of all? I just want to find out if I missed something or what?
Thank you for your time and help.

Xeifer
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
From the pre-order FAQ:

Q: Why does the $150 Ultimate edition only get 7 days of xp/script but the Digital Deluxe gets 30 days?

A: The Ultimate Edition comes with much more value in the form of collectible art book, hellbug statue, and of course the Season Pass and bits. Since digital customers won’t be getting any of those, we wanted to make sure they had good value in their edition also. Don’t worry, you will be able to purchase boosts in the Defiance store once the game is live.

Seems wrong to me too, I see the reasoning for giving the digital customers something to make sure it offered value but in which case the 'ultimate' edition should have been bumped up to the same, it's not right an ultimate customer has to spend more money in the store to get the same boost as a customer who spent less!

nathanpbutler
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
(EDIT: And here I run down all of this great info . . . and don't notice he's asking about the DIGITAL version until it is too late! Pfft.)

I'm assuming, based on referring to Gamestop, that you are in the U.S., right?

The regular preorder gives you:
Red Dodge Challenger
Beta Invitation
Outlander Outfit
3-Day XP Boost
“Iron Demon” Title
Lock Box
2 Postcards

By preordering through Gamestop, you get:
Sporeshot

If you preorder the Collector's Edition, you get ALL OF THE ABOVE, plus:
Collector’s Box
Art Book
VBI Contract
Postcards
DEFI Stickers
Hellbug Figurine
Soundtrack
Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Rocket Launcher
“Badlands Drifter” Title
VBI Sentinel Shield
7-Day Scrip Boost
7-Day XP Boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory

If you preorder the ULTIMATE edition that is a Gamestop exclusive, you get ALL OF THE ABOVE (that is, including the CE content), plus:
Messenger Bag
1200 Bits
“Pale Wars Ronin” Title
Season 1 Pass

In that Season 1 Pass that is included in the Ultimate version (or sold separately for $40), you get:
Hellbug Combat Cap
Lock Box
5 DLC Packs (as available)

And if you are looking for more goodies, you can get the following by redeem Arkfall codes:
+2 Inventory Slots
“VBI Recruit” Title
Bonus Ark Salvage
Basic Lock Box
Pistol Skill +1
Light Machine Gun Skill +1
Manual Sniper Rifle Skill +1
Assault Rifle Skill +1
+4 Inventory Slots
Pump Shotgun Skill +1
Firestorm
Early Access to TMW Hannibal 650R
Thundershock
“Scavenger” EGO Perk
“VBI Operative” Title

So, to be more specific to your question, unless the contents have changed from what is on the Defiance site and Gamestop's site, the Ultimate Edition costs $50 more to give you everything someone getting the Collector's Edition gets, PLUS the bag, 1200 bits, a new in-game title, and the Season 1 Pass that is otherwise $40 by itself.

If you were planning on the Season 1 Pass anyway, then you have to just decide whether the bag, new title, and 1200 bits is worth an extra $10 to you.

nathanpbutler
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM
From the pre-order FAQ:

Q: Why does the $150 Ultimate edition only get 7 days of xp/script but the Digital Deluxe gets 30 days?

A: The Ultimate Edition comes with much more value in the form of collectible art book, hellbug statue, and of course the Season Pass and bits. Since digital customers won’t be getting any of those, we wanted to make sure they had good value in their edition also. Don’t worry, you will be able to purchase boosts in the Defiance store once the game is live.

Seems wrong to me too, I see the reasoning for giving the digital customers something to make sure it offered value but in which case the 'ultimate' edition should have been bumped up to the same, it's not right an ultimate customer has to spend more money in the store to get the same boost as a customer who spent less!

It definitely seems like it's a balancing situation. The Digital Deluxe Edition gets the same outfit, weapon, shield, title, and inventory boost, but it does not seem to get the lock box, nor does it get the box, book, contract, postcards, stickers, soundtrack, or figurine that others paying $99 will get with the physical Collector's Edition. They make up for that with turning the 7-day boosts into 30-day boosts and the different vehicle color.

Bear in mind that the Ultimate Edition is meant to be the "Collector's Edition . . . and then some," so it only makes logical sense for them to take the physical Collector's Edition and add on top of it. Would you rather the Ultimate edition have dropped the lock box, collector's box, art book, contract, postcards, stickers, figurine, and soundtrack, and replace them with a different vehicle color and upgrades to the two boosts, prior to adding in the Ultimate Edition's actual new content (bag, bits, title, and Season 1 pass)?

It would seem that the Ultimate Edition purchasers are still getting a lot more bang for their buck beyond other purchasers, even if accounting for the boost differences.

Darkshadow
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
It definitely seems like it's a balancing situation. The Digital Deluxe Edition gets the same outfit, weapon, shield, title, and inventory boost, but it does not seem to get the lock box, nor does it get the box, book, contract, postcards, stickers, soundtrack, or figurine that others paying $99 will get with the physical Collector's Edition. They make up for that with turning the 7-day boosts into 30-day boosts and the different vehicle color.

Bear in mind that the Ultimate Edition is meant to be the "Collector's Edition . . . and then some," so it only makes logical sense for them to take the physical Collector's Edition and add on top of it. Would you rather the Ultimate edition have dropped the lock box, collector's box, art book, contract, postcards, stickers, figurine, and soundtrack, and replace them with a different vehicle color and upgrades to the two boosts, prior to adding in the Ultimate Edition's actual new content (bag, bits, title, and Season 1 pass)?

It would seem that the Ultimate Edition purchasers are still getting a lot more bang for their buck beyond other purchasers, even if accounting for the boost differences.

But the key word here is Ultimate Edition. And yeah we are getting more as far as physical stuff, but When you think that this is a digital collectors edition, and this is the Ultimate Collectors Edition, it seems that we would be getting everything in any Collector's edition and normal edition on top of the extra stuff we are getting. I understand that we are getting physical things. And, I get that maybe the digital ed should get something to distinguish it from other editions, just like pre ordering from Gamestop i get this, and I pre order from Steam I get 2 vehicles that I dont since I pre order from Gamestop. But when it comes to the stuff you have to buy with real cash, it seems like it should step up with each edition. I mean, I realize that the bonus days are a game breaker, but when its an item that didnt really take much time to program, and has very little development time invested into it, and its just a cash making item, it seems to me that it could hurt to say since you preorder a limited Ultimate CE we can afford to give you something that isnt anymore then a cash cow, becasue when it runs out you will want another after running around with a 5 week xp and scrip bonus, and you will fell like your not making enough so you will spend your cash to get it back. And would have said the digital gets a different color for theyre vehicle. because as a UCE (ultimate CE) buyer is kind of throws me to see standard get 3 days, DDE gets 30 day and CE gets 7 day and UCE gets 7 day. Like I said it seems like since its a cash cow anyways it would have been, standard 7 day, DDE and CE 30 day and UCE gets 37 days. because when you pre order something like this you thin to yourself, I am paying more so I get what everyone gets below me plus more. So, logic says the ULTIMATE means I get everything everyone else gets plus more IE PHYSICAL STUFF. And again understand that DDE gets a purple vehicle color, CE gets Blue, and UCE get Gold, or something like that to tell them apart. Not saying I am canceling me pre order of my UCE, I am not, I am hyped for this game and Show. And I am wanting to support it, one reason I bought the UCE and not the standard or DDE. Just didnt make since to go farther up the collection list to fall so far back down on a cash cow Item. Seem like a money grab on your part. I mean how much are you going to really lose giving a limited edition Ultimate Edition owner 37 days verse 7? And how much happier would you make a UCE if you did? How much loyal would you make them?

Oh and to if your trying to argue value then why is that if you pre order from Defiance website you get all you said. but if you go to steam and pre order the DDE you get 2 more vehicles that no other DDE gets? I mean that shows that there is a since of special treatment. They get 3 vehicles. so why cant a UCE expect to get 37 days on bonus.

And if you want to argue the point of DDE and the physical CE then I can see that the DDE get 30 days and CE get 7 days, but they should have called the UCE something else, maybe just a gamestop only ce, but to call it a UCE really gives one the since and idea they are getting everything that others are getting plus.

Yatokagami
03-23-2013, 08:50 PM
(EDIT: And here I run down all of this great info . . . and don't notice he's asking about the DIGITAL version until it is too late! Pfft.)

I'm assuming, based on referring to Gamestop, that you are in the U.S., right?

The regular preorder gives you:
Red Dodge Challenger
Beta Invitation
Outlander Outfit
3-Day XP Boost
“Iron Demon” Title
Lock Box
2 Postcards

By preordering through Gamestop, you get:
Sporeshot

If you preorder the Collector's Edition, you get ALL OF THE ABOVE, plus:
Collector’s Box
Art Book
VBI Contract
Postcards
DEFI Stickers
Hellbug Figurine
Soundtrack
Hydra Rocket Launcher
“Badlands Drifter” Title
VBI Sentinel Shield
7-Day Scrip Boost
7-Day XP Boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory

If you preorder the ULTIMATE edition that is a Gamestop exclusive, you get ALL OF THE ABOVE (that is, including the CE content), plus:
Messenger Bag
1200 Bits
“Pale Wars Ronin” Title
Season 1 Pass

In that Season 1 Pass that is included in the Ultimate version (or sold separately for $40), you get:
Hellbug Combat Cap
Lock Box
5 DLC Packs (as available)

And if you are looking for more goodies, you can get the following by redeem Arkfall codes:
+2 Inventory Slots
“VBI Recruit” Title
Bonus Ark Salvage
Basic Lock Box
Pistol Skill +1
Light Machine Gun Skill +1
Manual Sniper Rifle Skill +1
Assault Rifle Skill +1
+4 Inventory Slots
Pump Shotgun Skill +1
Firestorm
Early Access to TMW Hannibal 650R
Thundershock
“Scavenger” EGO Perk
“VBI Operative” Title

So, to be more specific to your question, unless the contents have changed from what is on the Defiance site and Gamestop's site, the Ultimate Edition costs $50 more to give you everything someone getting the Collector's Edition gets, PLUS the bag, 1200 bits, a new in-game title, and the Season 1 Pass that is otherwise $40 by itself.

If you were planning on the Season 1 Pass anyway, then you have to just decide whether the bag, new title, and 1200 bits is worth an extra $10 to you.

Great! I was looking for a topic discussing this.

I have a few questions and a couple of opinions.

1. By preordering the ultimate edition, I'm able to access the red dodge challenger. Is that true?

2. Anyone know what brand or material is the bag made out of? Is the quality going to be good?

3. @Xeifer - where can I read the preorder faq?

Now. I personally think, trion is kicking digital customers in the face. Especially with the 1200 bit being not present in the digital deluxe edition. I understand perfectly that trion wants to reward players for buying the UE edition. However, shouldn't the reward tiers go up level by level?

Example:

Normal gets you - a car and a rifle

Digital deluxe gets you - a car, a rifle, 1200 bits, soundtrack, season pass

UCE gets you - a car, a rifle, 1200 bits, soundtrack, season pass, art book, figurine, in game title

I initially wanted to preorder the digital deluxe only to find out that I can obtain what so much more bits if I forked out a tiny little bit more for the UE. Anyway, should trion adopt the above preordering system, I feel that customers would feel its more fair and not make customers feel that by preordering a higher and more expensive tier of the game, they get shafted and not receive what the lower tier is receiving.

Another good example brought up by darkshadow is the vehicles on steam. What if I happen to like those vehicles but I have the UE? Which should I have gotten instead? This is kinda bad imho. :/

Chio Raver
03-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Lets Break this down:

Digital Deluxe edition:
game
outfit
30-day xp boost
30-day scrip boost
different car color

Now keep in mind this is a DIGITAL Deluxe edition which means they do not have a physical copy and will have to download it.

GSE Ultimate Edition:
Game (60$)
Red Dodge Challenger
Beta Invitation
Outlander Outfit
3-Day XP Boost
“Iron Demon” Title
Lock Box
2 Postcards
Sporeshot
Collector’s Box
Art Book (easily for big fans on ebay 20$)
VBI Contract
Postcards
DEFI Stickers
Hellbug Figurine (between 20$-30$)
Soundtrack (10$)
Hydra Rocket Launcher
“Badlands Drifter” Title
VBI Sentinel Shield
7-Day Scrip Boost(3$ shot in the dark here)
7-Day XP Boost (3$ same not sure but cant be more than 5$ worth)
Lock Box
+5 Inventory
Messenger Bag(between 30$-50$)
1200 Bits (ill take a shot in the dark with this one but equivilent to about 10$)
“Pale Wars Ronin” Title
Season 1 Pass (40$)

So now let me get this straight your saying that because where getting a physical Ultimate edition we should get an aditional 23 day boost? EVEN THOUGH where already getting well over 150$ worth of items. Now as far as
But the key word here is Ultimate Edition. if were going to go by that logic then i guess in the post-pandemic edition of the game called the last of us, it should have an alternate dimension inside it or a mini nuke. Your splitting hairs over a name. Why don't you try and see it as trions way of thanking the people who went digital? and stop acting like a brat.

Darkshadow
03-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Why don't you try and see it as trions way of thanking the people who went digital? and stop acting like a brat.

Well let start by saying it can be said the same way, why can Trion see it my way. I dont mind trying to see it theyre way. And like I said, even if things stay the same as they are now. I am not goint to run to Gamestop and cancel my pre order of the UCE. I am wanting to support them on this game, because I know I am going to love the show, and I would love to see a MMO that is connected to a show. And, I wasnt being a BRAT, I was explaining how I see it, and I know that if I see it this way others do to, so I was just explaining how it seemed to me. And, to come to the forum that was just a pointing out how one person seen something, and wasnt flaming anyone or even the company. And start to insult people over it, isnt showing that your as far above me as you think you are. I was fine with what you said above, and infact it started me thinking about it in a different light. But the moment you had to add that last part in, just was insulting and didnt have to be said.

And since you want to point out the cost of the BITs, lets look how much is a 30 day bonus cost.