PDA

View Full Version : sword +cloak, I can't wait!

Athanos
05-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Its going to be so much fun :D I might pee my pants.

**Discuss**

Combo Breaker
05-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Its going to be so much fun :D I might pee my pants.

**Discuss**

Or you can do the Lonely Island thing in your pants.

Remag Div
05-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Depends how powerful they make the blade and how much they nerf shotguns.

Omnifarious Xji
05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Inb4 the sword glows through cloak like old school halo.

Athanos
05-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Doesn't mean I cant switch weapons

Pyth
05-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I wonder if the melee damage bonuses will apply to it. Because I already have a blur class set-up where I can do 2,600 damage with the swing of my elbow.

I fully expect to be able to one shot people in PvP with this thing.

gamingreal
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I wonder if the melee damage bonuses will apply to it. Because I already have a blur class set-up where I can do 2,600 damage with the swing of my elbow.

I fully expect to be able to one shot people in PvP with this thing.
sounds unbalancing but its got to be beter than cheap kills shotguns

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
sounds unbalancing but its got to be beter than cheap kills shotguns

I disagree. A sword should not be more powerful then a gun in a shooter.

Grit
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
or the sword may not be available for PVP lol

i'll stand by my word.. shotguns are mega deadly IRL so they should be in a video game... yeah there is the little unbalance with cloak but meh... learn to adjust and play the game to counteract things.

fang1192
05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I disagree. A sword should not be more powerful then a gun in a shooter.

Considering you have to close distance and avoid damage - it kinda should. Plus a cloak melee is still going to take some time to go through shields. Melee does half damage to shields without blur.

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Considering you have to close distance and avoid damage - it kinda should. Plus a cloak melee is still going to take some time to go through shields. Melee does half damage to shields without blur.

The only way I would except it was if the charged Sniper can one shot someone in the chest. Other then that though, I disagree because yes you have to avoid them and close in distance, but in the end, it is still a shooter where the gun should rain supreme.

Combo Breaker
05-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Now if I can only have a care package. Then I can use Blur and run twice the speed Blur normally allows just like in the MW2 days.

Grit
05-15-2013, 10:31 AM
best nerf for PvP cloak would be to follow suit with how the Mass Effect series dealt with it... Cloak, you shoot you're uncloaked until it recharges.

yeah the CP exploits in MW2 were pretty lame

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
They would have to increase recharge dramatically then to ME3 levels.

Grit
05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
They would have to increase recharge dramatically then to ME3 levels.

for sure, i mean not instant recharge but 30 seconds would be good enough i think. it's force ppl to think about other options and take away the campy camp a bit.

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
That's way too long. In ME3, the recharge is like 4-6 seconds which is perfect.

COBRAEYES
05-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Considering you have to close distance and avoid damage - it kinda should. Plus a cloak melee is still going to take some time to go through shields. Melee does half damage to shields without blur. Depending on what shields you use.

Combo Breaker
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
That's way too long. In ME3, the recharge is like 4-6 seconds which is perfect.

Longer if you let it run the full duration.

Myles Prower
05-15-2013, 10:56 AM
sword +cloak, I can't wait!
Answer:Shotgun to the face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_2CikHenA

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Full duration is 11 seconds. The recharge though is about 6 seconds if not shorter.

fang1192
05-15-2013, 10:59 AM

Depends on the weapons you carried. I always kept a Harrier so that put me at +150%; even running the full duration i never exceeded 4 - 5 seconds. Of course i used mine tactically and for movement, others built their's as a damage booster.

I have no problem lowering the cooldown to <7 second if it breaks on the first shot. Duration should be =< 15 seconds though.

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Depends on the weapons you carried. I always kept a Harrier so that put me at +150%; even running the full duration i never exceeded 4 - 5 seconds. Of course i used mine tactically and for movement, others built their's as a damage booster.

I have no problem lowering the cooldown to <7 second if it breaks on the first shot. Duration should be =< 15 seconds though.

I used mine as a damage booster with my Widow.(Still trying to get the Black Widow.)

Grit
05-15-2013, 11:03 AM
how long does it take overcharge or blur to recharge? that's how long all ego powers should take..

every power has X recharge no matter what in PVP... you'd see more load outs

30 seconds isn't long at all... pick and choose when to use your power don't rely on it because you need a crutch to play PVP. (not directed at ppl but a general statement)

the PvE suffers a bit because of the balance needed for PVP...oh well...

PvP is fun for LOLs and not something i take serious with this title one bit. Most of the time shadow war is so glitchy and suffers from frame drops that make it damn near unplayable

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 11:07 AM
how long does it take overcharge or blur to recharge? that's how long all ego powers should take..

every power has X recharge no matter what in PVP... you'd see more load outs

30 seconds isn't long at all... pick and choose when to use your power don't rely on it because you need a crutch to play PVP. (not directed at ppl but a general statement)

the PvE suffers a bit because of the balance needed for PVP...oh well...

PvP is fun for LOLs and not something i take serious with this title one bit. Most of the time shadow war is so glitchy and suffers from frame drops that make it damn near unplayable

A recharge that long would make it useless. Using its damage boosting abilities doesn't make it a crutch. It was designed to be used that way. It is what makes it useful.

If they changed it that it drops after every shot with a 6-7 second CD, I would be fine with that.

fang1192
05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I'd like to see a massive nerf to duration. But also a corresponding buff to cooldowns. I like power spam. Especially for the more tactical ones like Decoy or Cloak*.

*Given they change Cloak so it breaks on firing.

Grit
05-15-2013, 11:13 AM
30 seconds was an example.. 12 seconds seems like a magic number.

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 11:18 AM
It still seems a bit long for me. Especially when it is just for one shot.

Edit: Now if they increased the damage boost 50% to make it an one shot one kill ability; then I might be for it.

Grit
05-15-2013, 11:57 AM
eh with life and shields in this game... the ole 1 shot probably isn't going to happen all that often.

honestly snipers are way under powered in this game...which is nice considering how garbage CoD made them lol.

12 seconds isn't all that long really..i mean you may be cloaked for 50% of your cloak time before you even fire..and if you miss..ouch bummer. i mean by the time you respawn and get back towards action 12 seconds will go fast...as far as staying alive and running... pick and choose and use it in a tactical manner.

Dandrielas
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
eh with life and shields in this game... the ole 1 shot probably isn't going to happen all that often.

honestly snipers are way under powered in this game...which is nice considering how garbage CoD made them lol.

12 seconds isn't all that long really..i mean you may be cloaked for 50% of your cloak time before you even fire..and if you miss..ouch bummer. i mean by the time you respawn and get back towards action 12 seconds will go fast...as far as staying alive and running... pick and choose and use it in a tactical manner.

Using it to shoot people is a tactical manner. Maybe increase it too 70% then. In all honestly, playing as a Sniper in this game already stinks, and changing cloak would make it even worse. At least make the cloak powerful enough to one shot people in the chest with that long CD.

Grit
05-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Using it to shoot people is a tactical manner. Maybe increase it too 70% then. In all honestly, playing as a Sniper in this game already stinks, and changing cloak would make it even worse. At least make the cloak powerful enough to one shot people in the chest with that long CD.

I agree that Snipers are mega nerfed...even in PvE they kinda pretty much blow..mainly due to the hit detection. way too many times have I lined up a head shot and get nothing at all lol.

I think out of the million times i've been killed in PVP ONE was from a sniper and i think they were using the double tap sniper with overcharge..coulda been cloak it was like 4 weeks ago lol.

Mainly the nerf of cloak would be to help nerf the sawed off shotguns everyone screams about. Yeah i get cloaking to shoot someone is tactical..soo is overcharge and blur...well blur lets ya beat people down. I think the ability to cloak and stay cloaked after firing is silly... your weapon makes a sound...bam..cover blown..i do think that all ego powers should be able to be activated/deactivate during their duration...

example..

Cloak: kill someone with in 3 seconds of being cloaked...it's deactivated and recharges from the point you shot. If you let it run it's duration then it needs to recharge from 0.

I'm sure the "balancing" of power usage has been given considerable testing by the Devs...or atleast i'd hope they took the time to tweek it a little bit lol