PDA

View Full Version : Key codes are non existent

METALPUNKS
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
So today I went to a few of the missions to gather some key codes are got nothing. Ok so I understand they took them out of roadside missions but I thought the actual replayable story missions would give key codes. S is it the ones that take a good amount of time to complete. Pretty soon they'll be gone from ark falls as well.

I don't mean to be a total jerk here but I will never buy bits. It's just not something ill do. Take key codes from everything and I still won't buy them. I do think it was way to easy to get them when the game first came out but making it so hard is really annoying. Either bring back key codes in a way where we can see them add up pretty nicely or increase drop rates so we at least feel we get some good weapons. Or give us some decent gear in lockboxes. There is no worse of a feeling spending a ton of time to get key codes just to get two items that are the exact same and one you already have or would never use. Lockboxes we perfect when you can get at least 8-15 a day but now they just suck. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed....I love the game, but I already paid for it, i am not interested in BITS to buy things with....even more so lockboxes. I can understand a cool car or costume (still too expensive imo) but not for keycodes..

They can give us half a keycode for doing 10 arkfalls, I aint buyin BITS lol.

What WOULD I buy bits for? To have my guy on fire, have a cool aura around my guy, leave a pink line behind my car when I drive...things like that lol

pyrolm
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Some missions do give keycodes, but I don't know if its everytime or just random, but to me the best way to acquire keycodes are coop maps. Just because I also want the weapon XP. Liberate the Lost can be done in like 20 minutes with a solid team.

Santana Ortega
05-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Easiest way to get Keycodes is Arkfalls and do a little healing, maybe 33% vs 66% damage.

I get 5 keycodes per Arkfall, just healing players, that's automatic, then if I do enough damage I can get some gear...example I god a purple shield also.

Did about 7 Arkfalls in 90 minutes here and there and got 40 keycodes total with other stuff I wound up viad daily completion in so doing them.

Sanguinesun
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Some main story missions or side missions can at times give keycodes.

Emergencies no longer give codes.
Minor Arkfalls in general no longer give codes.

Major Arkfalls(when not bugged) give codes.
Most pvp and coops still reward codes.

Purchasing codes using ark salvage still works.

That's about it.

Sanguinesun
05-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Easiest way to get Keycodes is Arkfalls and do a little healing, maybe 33% vs 66% damage.

I get 5 keycodes per Arkfall, just healing players, that's automatic, then if I do enough damage I can get some gear...example I god a purple shield also.

Did about 7 Arkfalls in 90 minutes here and there and got 40 keycodes total with other stuff I wound up viad daily completion in so doing them.

Something seems off with the math there...

RegularX
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Keycodes are so easy to get in this game:

- Arkfalls
- PvP
- Coop missions
- Salvage

You can even farm the trials and then flip the salvage for codes. There's no reason at all to buy bits for keycodes.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Watch TV and just shoot things in Arkfalls... Yea I know it is so boring doing the EXACT same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

A s0t
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
So today I went to a few of the missions to gather some key codes are got nothing. Ok so I understand they took them out of roadside missions but I thought the actual replayable story missions would give key codes. S is it the ones that take a good amount of time to complete. Pretty soon they'll be gone from ark falls as well.

I don't mean to be a total jerk here but I will never buy bits. It's just not something ill do. Take key codes from everything and I still won't buy them. I do think it was way to easy to get them when the game first came out but making it so hard is really annoying. Either bring back key codes in a way where we can see them add up pretty nicely or increase drop rates so we at least feel we get some good weapons. Or give us some decent gear in lockboxes. There is no worse of a feeling spending a ton of time to get key codes just to get two items that are the exact same and one you already have or would never use. Lockboxes we perfect when you can get at least 8-15 a day but now they just suck. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

co-op missions get you 5 of them ark falls 3-5 it random till they fix it. and 4 white guns will get you 1000 salvage to buy a keycode

@the guy above me: the bottom of the hour do a hidden vendor run and vehicle vendor run

RegularX
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Watch TV and just shoot things in Arkfalls... Yea I know it is so boring doing the EXACT same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Or don't do that, and earn keycodes any of the other ways.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Or don't do that, and earn keycodes any of the other ways.

Fastest way> any other way.

Anderson
05-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Fastest way> any other way.

The fastest way is also the most boring and stupid way. If playing a game starts to feel like a job, you're probably doing it wrong.

Santana Ortega
05-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Something seems off with the math there...

7x5 = 35, various other things during the 90 minutes +5...=40??

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 12:54 PM
The fastest way is also the most boring and stupid way. If playing a game starts to feel like a job, you're probably doing it wrong.

Blame the game not the player. Was fine till they broke the game.

Anderson
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Blame the game not the player. Was fine till they broke the game.

I wasn't aware that this game was forcing anyone to farm. Does Trion send someone to your house who puts a gun to your head and makes you farm keycodes for hours?

Zertael
05-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I have to agree with Anderson on that one. If you're doing something you don't even like...in a video game...just because it's a little faster than running around having fun, then why are you even trying to improve your character at all? You'll probably be the guy topping the damage charts at Arkfalls and whining that there's nothing else to do, while a thousand lesser geared players roam the map having a blast.

Grinding so you can grind faster = fail.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 01:40 PM

Thank you...

my buddy would spend ALL DAY (no joke) driving from emergency to emergncy farming keycodes....after 30 min I was bored and had to mix it up with an arkfall.

Sure farming is great, but farming you dont enjoy? might as well do somthing else no?

Santana Ortega
05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Thank you...

my buddy would spend ALL DAY (no joke) driving from emergency to emergncy farming keycodes....after 30 min I was bored and had to mix it up with an arkfall.

Sure farming is great, but farming you dont enjoy? might as well do somthing else no?

I just do enough to get 40 then spend salvage for the rest and take a spin at the wheel and hope for the best. One T4 lock box a night is enough torture for me. The Legendary is usually a weapon I would never use till I gut a nice BMG, yet it's synergy was bad.

cusman
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Keycodes are better spent on Mod Cache than Lockboxes.

DrummerX
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM
You guys need to blame the exploiters and HEAVY farmers for the lack of keycodes in emergencies and such. Otherwise my only way of getting keycodes is coop and arkfalls and i get lockboxes till i get oranges for the damned pursuit and makes you have one in each slot, after that i'll just be doing my shopping at the hidden vendors and using my keycodes at the mod caches.

Satsuki
05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Keycodes are easy. Just playing normally, doing Co Ops with friends and arkfalls now and then between emergency cruising and finishing out sidequests I get to the 75 code max at least once a week. And thats without converting Scrap.