PDA

View Full Version : My first Legendary

Burncykle
05-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I know most don't care, but I'm happy so I'm gonna share anyways!

I'm EGO 1558, open 2-3 lock boxes a day since Launch, and have never seen a Legendary. Today, I got my first one, and it couldn't have been better!

Precursor: Pyro's are my faveorite grenade.

I got an Orange PyroNova 55z.

0.0 Det
24 refresh
Tick DMG 139
Duration 9.5

This is the Cadillac of currently available Pyro's!!!

jerodatgm
05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Congrats! Pyro grenades are my favorite and that one has great stats. Love the 24 second cooldown and zero det time.

Bruhaha98
05-15-2013, 05:36 PM
congrats sir, but hate to tell you there is a ferrari version of that grenade that has a 2000+ ego lvl, that has a duration of 11, lol I am not raining on your parade, congrats, just to help out someone, keep an eye on the "subtle" little differences as you go up in ego, those differences could turn a decent orange into a highly desirable , awesome one!

Rebellius555
05-15-2013, 05:41 PM
It took me a lot of time to get my first orange. It was VOT Immunizer. I bought like 20 or 30 tier 3/4 lockboxes before I got that weapon. Then, few lockboxes later I got orange semi auto sniper rifle, then another few lockboxes later VOT Affictor, then Scattergun. To be honest I gave up my hopes for any oranges until I got the first one. Now you should be able to get them quicker. You're actually lucky to get a grenade. Congratulations.

Burncykle
05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
congrats sir, but hate to tell you there is a ferrari version of that grenade that has a 2000+ ego lvl, that has a duration of 11, lol I am not raining on your parade, congrats, just to help out someone, keep an eye on the "subtle" little differences as you go up in ego, those differences could turn a decent orange into a highly desirable , awesome one!

11......wow! Ferrari indeed! I played WoW for 5 years I know all about paying attention to subtle differences. Perfectly tweaking gear in that game required a spreadsheet and graph calculator!

NoahsArkfall
05-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I just got my first legendary yesterday from a tier 3 box! Its a 1030-ish burst fire assault rifle with 339 dmg, x 1.xx% fire rate and Cannoneer synergy slots! I think it had 1 or 2 more starting bonuses, but I can't remember them at the moment. lol Now that I've finally gotten one it makes me want to buy more and more boxes!

AmnesiaHaze
05-15-2013, 08:02 PM
i got my first legendary at ego 90 a orange VBI assault rifle , but then i lost it due to item disappearing bug :D

arkhuntergilgamesh
05-15-2013, 08:16 PM
My first and still only legendary is a fragnovapro 52z det .8 refresh 24 max dmg 3409 min dmg 2045. Got it at level 415, I'm now 1472 and its the only grenade I use. Love it.

ewen1972
05-16-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm still waiting for my first

Ribbit
05-16-2013, 12:23 AM
I was getting oranges at a pretty good pace for a while. Maybe one every 10 or 15 lockboxes. I was buying tier 4 boxes though when keycodes were over abundant. I've only got 4 but think its relevant to mention I got my oranges from boxes that I paid bits for. Haven't seen an orange since I started buying tier 3 boxes with resources after the patch. Wonder if there is a hidden meaning behind bits yielding better lockbox loot than resources or if its just my imagination mixed with queer luck.

NoahsArkfall
05-16-2013, 05:38 AM
Seems logical to me. You pay for bits/lock boxes and you get a better chance for higher tier loot. First and foremost Trion is a business and a business needs revenue so it makes sense that paying customers get better drop chances. I'm not saying that's what happening, but you really couldn't fault them if it was. That's just my opinion.

Simbz
05-16-2013, 05:45 AM
Gratz on the first orange!

I am still waiting. I did however get 3x green pistols from a tier 3 yesterday! GET IN!

richard montoya
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Congrats. My firsts orange was a FRC saw with the purple nano effect.

vizibledog
05-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Your first is a nice feeling. I just popped my orange cherry lol. I just got a VBI SMG

Zootharuu
05-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Hope you got your trophy too! That's a double bam! ;)

jackalom
05-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Congrats to all the new Syracuse alumni...I mean Oranges...and I am rooting for those that didn't get them yet to get it soon.

Bruhaha98
05-16-2013, 03:55 PM

WOW.. didnt know you had that gun, i will trade my orange saw and 1 or 2 other oranges to get that one.. u interested?

richard montoya
05-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry man I can't, that's my baby right there.

Ribbit
05-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Seems logical to me. You pay for bits/lock boxes and you get a better chance for higher tier loot. First and foremost Trion is a business and a business needs revenue so it makes sense that paying customers get better drop chances. I'm not saying that's what happening, but you really couldn't fault them if it was. That's just my opinion.

Wasn't trying to sound like I was complaining, I just thought that the drop ratio was based solely on the tier level of the lockbox not whether you paid real cash or not. If there is a difference id like to know what the margin is. Knowing that I have a better chance at better gear by spending bits might make me and others more inclined to purchase bits for that purpose, and that to me sounds like better business sense.

NoahsArkfall
05-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh I didn't take your post as complaining. I actually agree with what you are saying. I just meant that I can understand why they would do it that way. And like you I would like to know for sure if paying with bits increased my chances for rare loot. Might make me wanna buy some bits too.

Hey, Burncyckle! I knew your name looked familiar. All through my co-op mine run earlier today I kept thinking "where do I know that name from?" It was my first time in that map and you made it super easy!

Aaryn Piezo
05-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Gratz on your find.

I'm still waiting for my 1st orange drop, no one asked the right question thus far,

and that is , what is the orange drop rate, and what location is best for farming them?

Bruhaha98
05-17-2013, 01:42 AM

what level were you at when you got this gun?

Ribbit
05-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Gratz on your find.

I'm still waiting for my 1st orange drop, no one asked the right question thus far,

and that is , what is the orange drop rate, and what location is best for farming them?

I'm not 100% sure but I've never seen an enemy drop orange loot and assume that orange loot is only found in lockboxes. I apologize in advance if I am incorrect. I think I read somewhere on here that the percentage for orange is like 6% in tier 3 boxes and 8% in tier 4. (I'm sure a decimal point goes in there somewhere though)