PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my BMG

Sludge
05-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I got a blue BMG and was pretty excited because up until now they've all been white, or green spanner protectors. This one claims to link faster but also consume charge faster. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to link.. At least not to enemies. I used it when raiders were side by side and nothing, I thought I tried on players too but I can't be sure they were close enough.

What am I doing wrong?

Also another BMG I had was the one that says it does not link, but one of its passive boosts was max links plus one, does that mean it WILL link to one target, or the "no links" takes priority?

BrassRazoo
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
It sounds like that is the Stingray. Links very easy but drains quick. Think you can get 3 or 4 links at a time.
Don't be offended but are you sure you are using the correct function?
Like the BMG can heal players and attack enemies, I believe they are different mouse buttons to activate.
And yes I have a Tele-Spanner which states it does not link to others, but it has a +1 Link so it does link.

Indolo
05-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Someone posted the other day that some BMGs are bugged and don't link even though they should. They said you could get another of the same kind of BMG and have it link fine, so no way to tell if it's a bugged one other than trying it. I don't know for sure about that. The only one I've had that didn't link was a tele-spanner with +1 link as a bonus, so don't know if that was a bug that it had a bonus it can't use or if it was bugged that it couldn't link. I haven't been using BMGs a long time though. Think I've gone through 4-5 protectors so far.

crasher
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Don't forget to put a 'scope on it.

Thats what the 'scope slot is there for.

(just kidding, right click to zoom has a whole new surprise ending...)

Epshiluss
05-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I had a Tele-spanner that had +1 links. they do link if the have this bonus, at least when using it to hit things. Didn't test it when healing things

Indolo
05-16-2013, 05:58 AM
I had a Tele-spanner that had +1 links. they do link if the have this bonus, at least when using it to hit things. Didn't test it when healing things

Then I guess mine was one of the bugged ones that didn't link.

JusdMe
05-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I was trying to level up BMG's when I noticed this. Was using stingrays to level up and everything was fine till I switched my BMG due to max level. I went back to my Old one and it worked fine. Looked to see if there were any differences on them and the ONLY different was the new one had a '-20 Link Time'. Grabbed another Stingray that didn't have the link time bonus on it and it worked fine.

So I figured it should be the Link Time that is causing problems.