PDA

View Full Version : this is simple...

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Who's going to stick with the game for the long haul? I'm tired of all these ****ing hate threads about the game and all the nit picking about it

First, if you play any game, besides Skyrim, for hours upon hours a day and complete everything over and over again. Yes it will get old

Second, stop complaining about minor/non game breaking ****ing bugs. It gets old fast and rather annoying.

Third, if you simply don't like the game then move on to the next game on your list. There is no need trying to kill the game for the rest of us.

Fourth, if its not one thing its another. First its the bugs then its the lil amount of cross over content. There is, If Im not mistaking (sarcasm) there is a show and Trion, unlike any other game, has to keep up to schedule with a TV network which has a strict timeline. So forgive Trion if they have to change their plans to make updates to the game and more then likely cancel some cross over content BC of bugs.

OK, now that is off my chest. Did I miss anything? Who agrees with me and will continue to support Trion and the work they are doing to make the game better? And the people who don't agree ignore this and don't post BC I've done read all I've wanted to read from y'all.

Edit: NA XBOX GT: ReccoXVII

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Who's going to stick with the game for the long haul? I'm tired of all these ****ing hate threads about the game and all the nit picking about it

First, if you play any game, besides Skyrim, for hours upon hours a day and complete everything over and over again. Yes it will get old

Second, stop complaining about minor/non game breaking ****ing bugs. It gets old fast and rather annoying.

Third, if you simply don't like the game then move on to the next game on your list. There is no need trying to kill the game for the rest of us.

Fourth, if its not one thing its another. First its the bugs then its the lil amount of cross over content. There is, If Im not mistaking (sarcasm) there is a show and Trion, unlike any other game, has to keep up to schedule with a TV network which has a strict timeline. So forgive Trion if they have to change their plans to make updates to the game and more then likely cancel some cross over content BC of bugs.

OK, now that is off my chest. Did I miss anything? Who agrees with me and will continue to support Trion and the work they are doing to make the game better? And the people who don't agree ignore this and don't post BC I've done read all I've wanted to read from y'all.

praise the lord my brother !!!!!................

death to all these pathetic crybaby trolls

DSX
05-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Perhaps a quick whine about the GUI, voice and connection issues just to complete the circle.

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:14 AM
They won't die tho. They want everything at once no patience. They can't enjoy a good game and wait for dlc or anything.

I do feel bad for PC their UI it is terrible. The chat and Text is broken but its not anything that an Xbox live party won't fix. I, personally, haven't had any connection issues past the first week.

Eihder
05-16-2013, 02:18 AM
I killed Nim ages ago and still enjoy playing the game. However i am a pvper and do take breaks between playing. Yes there is work that needs to be done on the game but i for one plan to buy the dlc expansions and play at least 1 time per week due to the show tie ins. I actually enjoy the show and find it does have a synergy.

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:19 AM
They won't die tho. They want everything at once no patience. They can't enjoy a good game and wait for dlc or anything.

I do feel bad for PC their UI it is terrible. The chat and Text is broken but its not anything that an Xbox live party won't fix. I, personally, haven't had any connection issues past the first week.

i dont feel bad for pc at all they can buy a controller its a pc port not the other way around so buy a controller or stop crying ...period :)

XBigmoneyshotsX
05-16-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm gunna kill myself if they dont release 1.020 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...but yes I love the game cant get enough. :P

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:22 AM
I killed Nim ages ago and still enjoy playing the game. However i am a pvper and do take breaks between playing. Yes there is work that needs to be done on the game but i for one plan to buy the dlc expansions and play at least 1 time per week due to the show tie ins. I actually enjoy the show and find it does have a synergy.

true but that synergy is loose very loose lol even me the troll proclaimed defiance fan boy can see that the tie ins are very weak to non existent at this point but both the show and the game stand on their own just fine as far as im concerned

Arsenic_Touch
05-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Oh gee, another complaining about complainers thread. You are just so precious.

Eihder
05-16-2013, 02:24 AM
I play fine on the pc without a controller my biggest gripe is still how badly done the text chat is. No need to make a better mouse trap guys, a simple block with text that does not vanish goes a long way. And xbox live tends to be a good example of why not everyone loves mics. I still have flashbacks of people holloring into mics like monkeys and spewing foul language because it was 'funny'.

Recco
I haven't played much PvP I've been taking my time with the game. I beat Nim last week and wrapping up left over side missions and such. Then I'll do PvP

i800whoscares
i love the game and its fun i just think that people that have never played a mmo before don't know what to think about it this not call of duty where theiy can just go in a do a quick fixs and the problem is slaved it takes a whole lot more then that to do it and i want to thank trion from trying a mmo on a gaming platform and for you xbox players if you think about this is the frist one ever made on the 360 so back off and give them a brake it just TAKES TIME FOR THEM TO WORK ON THINGS

Dehlert
05-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Eh I will stay for a tiny bit.. but a high number such as EGO isn't enough to keep me.. It only means max options for loadouts atm but I can still spec how I want if I plan my points right.

So I want some benefit to the work I put in aside from just the (fun and placebo feeling of awesomeness)

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:26 AM

Its more of a "getting my thoughts out/looking for people who support the game" thread. If the complaining people can complain then Im going to support a game that I like.

Dehlert
05-16-2013, 02:27 AM
i love the game and its fun i just think that people that have never played a mmo before don't know what to think about it this not call of duty where theiy can just go in a do a quick fixs and the problem is slaved it takes a whole lot more then that to do it and i want to thank trion from trying a mmo on a gaming platform and for you xbox players if you think about this is the frist one ever made on the 360 so back off and give them a brake it just TAKES TIME FOR THEM TO WORK ON THINGS This day and age, with so many games coming out.. a company can't afford to release a game that doesn't look like the money they are asking people to pay for it... MMOs are no exception.

A s0t
05-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I play fine on the pc without a controller my biggest gripe is still how badly done the text chat is. No need to make a better mouse trap guys, a simple block with text that does not vanish goes a long way. And xbox live tends to be a good example of why not everyone loves mics. I still have flashbacks of people holloring into mics like monkeys and spewing foul language because it was 'funny'.now it is worse there is kinect you ever here a kid getting yelled at inside of a fish bowl? yeah have to go into party chat to get rid of it. and singing dont ever for get poor singing

or a coffee maker

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Eh I will stay for a tiny bit.. but a high number such as EGO isn't enough to keep me.. It only means max options for loadouts atm but I can still spec how I want if I plan my points right.

So I want some benefit to the work I put in aside from just the (fun and placebo feeling of awesomeness)

Along the same lines I like what they tried to do with the whole weapon being even no matter what level thing but rare guns should do more damage and etc.

Arsenic_Touch
05-16-2013, 02:31 AM
i love the game and its fun i just think that people that have never played a mmo before don't know what to think about it this not call of duty where theiy can just go in a do a quick fixs and the problem is slaved it takes a whole lot more then that to do it and i want to thank trion from trying a mmo on a gaming platform and for you xbox players if you think about this is the frist one ever made on the 360 so back off and give them a brake it just TAKES TIME FOR THEM TO WORK ON THINGS

Here's the problem with your argument. There are many people that have actually played an mmo before and know what to expect from an mmo and this is not the first mmo for xbox 360. This is also not the first mmo by the company that made this game. So explain why we shouldn't hold Trion to the same standards that they brought us with their previous title? the problem is the console fps players that have accepted mediocrity and subpar games with short campaigns and shallow multiplayer and don't find any fault when this game is pretty much giving them a minor step up from what they're used to. While the rest of us who have actually played mmos before and put trust in this company are being let down. There comes a point when you people need to stop apologizing for them.

i800whoscares
05-16-2013, 02:32 AM
most mmo i have played on the pc where free and yet theiy still fix the things wrong with them so i don't by the whole its all about the money to be made bs i am with you recco i love the game and its really fun to play

Dehlert
05-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Well I do like things being close to equal... but it would be nice if every 100 ego you would get .75-1 dmg more on weapons by default.

And yeah.. the rarities area joke... I haven't felt a need to deck out any weapons yet because the difference are minimal

i800whoscares
05-16-2013, 02:33 AM
yes for xbox 360 it is the frist mmo of its kind there has never been a mmo game made for that system i have been plying on xbox for atleast 10 years now

A s0t
05-16-2013, 02:36 AM
yes for xbox 360 it is the frist mmo of its kind there has never been a mmo game made for that system i have been plying on xbox for atleast 10 years nowthere a couple of mmo on the xbox 360

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:37 AM

troll alert *sigh* go go gadget slap cannon

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Here's the problem with your argument. There are many people that have actually played an mmo before and know what to expect from an mmo and this is not the first mmo for xbox 360. This is also not the first mmo by the company that made this game. So explain why we shouldn't hold Trion to the same standards that they brought us with their previous title? the problem is the console fps players that have accepted mediocrity and subpar games with short campaigns and shallow multiplayer and don't find any fault when this game is pretty much giving them a minor step up from what they're used to. While the rest of us who have actually played mmos before and put trust in this company are being let down. There comes a point when you people need to stop apologizing for them.

I agree I have been let down on the length of the main story and they should be doing more with the cross over. but they are also on a timeline with the show. And I recognize the work they have done since day one and know what they are capable of in the long one. I'm not apologizing for them just showing my support. BTW I played rift along with WoW and having really played fps besides borderlands.

i800whoscares
05-16-2013, 02:38 AM
not one that offers 1 to 10,000 players plus on it at a time all the xbox games have been person to person connections

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:39 AM
there a couple of mmo on the xbox 360

like...? and plz dont say finalfantasty plz!!!!!! lol and psu was ok but the community is terrible like worse ever and they shut down the servers anyways soooooo what games are you talking about ?

Dehlert
05-16-2013, 02:40 AM
To be honest.. I don't care about them tying the show in with the game since they are building lore side by side.. I don't feel very nostalgic getting to see Rynn in game after 1-2 weeks on the show... I would much prefer they just go their own ways for a season or so then start adding the characters... Think of good reasons to bring characters into the game aside from a "necessity"

A s0t
05-16-2013, 02:41 AM
phantasy star online the servers just went down: and sledgehammer70 did say there are 2000 people per shard so where the 10,000 people at. and when halo 3 had 130,000 people on 1 time wouldn't that count as a mmo

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM

ok genius you list me more then 5 3rd person shooter mmos and illl agree with you lol you cant hold trion to any standards simply because this is new ground not completely new ground but what they have done is new the ideas aren't new but put in to one package its new

Schwa
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM
I will stick around to either see Trion lead Defiance to a glorious revolution or... into the ground. The game's pretty shallow, but the ride's pretty interesting.

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:44 AM
phantasy star online the servers just went down: and sledgehammer70 did say there are 2000 people per shard so where the 10,000 people at. and when halo 3 had 130,000 people on 1 time wouldn't that count as a mmo

psu has been down for like a yr dude well a few months any ways and that wasnt open world not even close

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:46 AM
I will stick around to either see Trion lead Defiance to a glorious revolution or... into the ground. The game's pretty shallow, but the ride's pretty interesting.

Shallow yes, but they've had to postpone the first dlc for a month BC of bugs. Things aren't going as planned but will round itself out in the end. I hope.

A s0t
05-16-2013, 02:47 AM
psu has been down for like a yr dude well a few months any ways and that wasnt open world not even closewhen we get 100 player co-op missions and not ark falls then it'll be real sweet game

Schwa
05-16-2013, 02:49 AM
Shallow yes, but they've had to postpone the first dlc for a month BC of bugs. Things aren't going as planned but will round itself out in the end. I hope.

That's why I say "glorious revolution" or "into the ground." Simple fact is the content's not part of the game until it's in the game.

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:50 AM
when we get 100 player co-op missions and not ark falls then it'll be real sweet game
I doubt that'd work. I'd like to see 10 man bunkers tho. And make each EGO required. Oh and BMG's as well.

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 02:51 AM
when we get 100 player co-op missions and not ark falls then it'll be real sweet game

what game has 100 player co-op missions lol ????

A s0t
05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
I doubt that'd work. I'd like to see 10 man bunkers tho. And make each EGO required. Oh and BMG's as well.
yeah anything above 4 people 100 people can join in but start with 15 or so
bunkers are the co-op missions?
why you go into co-op but you leave an instance?

Turantula
05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
This game will probably last me till GTAV, then ill just wait till DESTINY drops and that'll pribably be a wrap for GTA and Defiance for me. In the meantime still having a blast with this game and will continue to do so, but it is also thanks to a lot of people giving constructive feedback to Trion that it is getting better, and the game is running 1000% more smoothly since I got it 3 days after launch so improvements are being made.

i800whoscares
05-16-2013, 02:55 AM

halo 3 all the macth making games where person to person conections not dedacted servers thank you very much

Recco
05-16-2013, 02:55 AM
This game will probably last me till GTAV, then ill just wait till DESTINY drops and that'll pribably be a wrap for GTA and Defiance for me. In the meantime still having a blast with this game and will continue to do so, but it is also thanks to a lot of people giving constructive feedback to Trion that it is getting better, and the game is running 1000% more smoothly since I got it 3 days after launch so improvements are being made.
I've had it since day 1 but didn't play it til like a week after launch waiting for the server to be stable. That's to be expected but gotta come back for weekly content lol

KeevanSixx
05-16-2013, 03:01 AM

agreed, it's a work in progress....rougher than sandy toiletpaper at the moment, but may, or may not, get better as time goes by.

I tend to reference STO as an example. At the start, it had very very limited content, almost generic repetitive combat events (go to x spot, destroy y number of opponets, beam to planet, destroy z number of enemies, get data, beam out, lather, rinse repeat...kinda like defiance is right now.) It's come a long way from it's short beginnings, and they keep making it a little bit better every month......It will be around for awhile due to the huge star trek fanbase, and frankly, it's my "go to" game when i get tired of slaying monsters, or slinging bullets, or spelljekkin'. i'll hang in there till it's no longer fun for me then move on to something else....if they can pull a magic hellbug out of their hats, and keep us interested enough to keep comming back for more, they might just pull it off....it's a combo of patience and potential that's keeping me here for the moment....

Turantula
05-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Considering how I've made it this long without as much of a warning by not attacking the person of other posters, or making direct threats, I'm not concerned. Trion's very welcoming of feedback, even negative, if it is presented in a way that doesn't attack another player.

I'm very sorry you don't like my posts, but I don't particularly care.

Lol I salute you , sir.

Recco
05-16-2013, 03:04 AM
agreed, it's a work in progress....rougher than sandy toiletpaper at the moment, but may, or may not, get better as time goes by.

I tend to reference STO as an example. At the start, it had very very limited content, almost generic repetitive combat events (go to x spot, destroy y number of opponets, beam to planet, destroy z number of enemies, get data, beam out, lather, rinse repeat...kinda like defiance is right now.) It's come a long way from it's short beginnings, and they keep making it a little bit better every month......It will be around for awhile due to the huge star trek fanbase, and frankly, it's my "go to" game when i get tired of slaying monsters, or slinging bullets, or spelljekkin'. i'll hang in there till it's no longer fun for me then move on to something else....if they can pull a magic hellbug out of their hats, and keep us interested enough to keep comming back for more, they might just pull it off....it's a combo of patience and potential that's keeping me here for the moment....

That's exclty what I think will happen. They are building a sturdy foundation then are going to roll out amazing content. And I for one want to be able to say I've been here since the start and roll around in my red charger for proof lmao.

Recco
05-16-2013, 03:15 AM
Things got a lil out of hand lol. Let's just keep this good conversation going tho I'm afraid its dead lmao.

Daholic
05-16-2013, 03:24 AM
That's exclty what I think will happen. They are building a sturdy foundation then are going to roll out amazing content. And I for one want to be able to say I've been here since the start and roll around in my red charger for proof lmao.

They kinda painted themselves in a corner with this one. Check the forums, most people want stupid stuff like cosmetic hellbug pets, or an extra character that serves no purpose other than having a different face, and an extremely large amount of fluff towards a game with no real substance. Trion has made no mention of wether or not the ego will increase past 5000 at some point, and right now you have people running around with 4000+ ego bragging about how they do 5-10 arkfalls a day.

Im not going to get into why you believe this game can be amazing at some point, or why anyone believes this Defiance is one of the greatest mmo's to date, but pursuits and countless arkfall and emergencies should not be the bread and butter of this game.

No crafting, no armor farming, no co-op challenge, and all the while Trion has managed to keep this game extremely balanced so no one wont piss and moan about being under powered. Its almost hilarious, back during release there was a handful of people complaining about lack of content while the rest claimed there was plenty. 2wks later the ones claiming Defiance had plenty to do, began complaining, and now all of a sudden the majority of players has finally seen the light, whats disturbing is anyone with mmo knowledge outside of console could see what was happening and they didn't need 2-3 wks of playing to see it.

Haha, and you assume Trion is going to release amazing content...well ,maybe they will, because the standards ive seen from the general public is low that anything added that requires you to do plenty of what you have done before in such a odd manner would be A-1 content I guess.

Codebreaker
05-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Agree with OP:cool:

KeevanSixx
05-16-2013, 03:28 AM
positive things:

fairly large open world shooter....check.
somewhat not a korean grind fest where advancement is based on weapon skill, player skill, and limited skill set (everything else is pure grind)...check.
somewhat interesting (but could be much better) world story...check.
almost nigh unlimited weapon combintions (mods/inherient weapon mods)....check.
mounts (vehicles) right out of the starting gate, with more to come....check.
fairly interesting combat mechanics in some places (in others, we have adapted to NPC strategies enough for it to become second nature)...check.
uberhulkers smashing monarchs.....priceless......

for everything else.....there's scholeptor card.

UHaveN0skill
05-16-2013, 03:29 AM
Agree with OP:cool:

short ...sweet ..and simple i applaud and salute you sir

Recco
05-16-2013, 03:33 AM
They kinda painted themselves in a corner with this one. Check the forums, most people want stupid stuff like cosmetic hellbug pets, or an extra character that serves no purpose other than having a different face, and an extremely large amount of fluff towards a game with no real substance. Trion has made no mention of wether or not the ego will increase past 5000 at some point, and right now you have people running around with 4000+ ego bragging about how they do 5-10 arkfalls a day.

Im not going to get into why you believe this game can be amazing at some point, or why anyone believes this Defiance is one of the greatest mmo's to date, but pursuits and countless arkfall and emergencies should not be the bread and butter of this game.

No crafting, no armor farming, no co-op challenge, and all the while Trion has managed to keep this game extremely balanced so no one wont piss and moan about being under powered. Its almost hilarious, back during release there was a handful of people complaining about lack of content while the rest claimed there was plenty. 2wks later the ones claiming Defiance had plenty to do, began complaining, and now all of a sudden the majority of players has finally seen the light, whats disturbing is anyone with mmo knowledge outside of console could see what was happening and they didn't need 2-3 wks of playing to see it.

Haha, and you assume Trion is going to release amazing content...well ,maybe they will, because the standards ive seen from the general public is low that anything added that requires you to do plenty of what you have done before in such a odd manner would be A-1 content I guess.

so.... all i got out of that is that you want Defiance to be a carbon copy of World of Warcraft? btw did i say it was a great mmo? maybe you should read some of my posts. i agreed its shallow and it needs alot of work. i agreed things are a lil too balanced. but i for one dont need to be overpowered to enjoy a game. and if im not mistaken WoW has a hell of alot of repeatable quest (dailies) that you day every single day and nothing new once you reach lvl 90. so what is your point?

Daholic
05-16-2013, 03:42 AM
so.... all i got out of that is that you want Defiance to be a carbon copy of World of Warcraft? btw did i say it was a great mmo? maybe you should read some of my posts. i agreed its shallow and it needs alot of work. i agreed things are a lil too balanced. but i for one dont need to be overpowered to enjoy a game. and if im not mistaken WoW has a hell of alot of repeatable quest (dailies) that you day every single day and nothing new once you reach lvl 90. so what is your point?

I never played Wow, so i'm not sure what why that even came up, and no I haven't read any of your other posts, just the one you wrote just now. So why is anyone so scared of a system that makes sence?? Its not about over powered weapon, its not about repeatable quests, its about adding some substance to a game that revolves around a pursuit system. See heres the problem, if the pursuit don't give a reward for it, no one does it, its just the truth..why should anyone have to follow a set of instruction everyday just to advance in ego rating?

Theres no skill involved with that..well maybe reading comprehension, but everyone deserves much more,and even if that means using a already popular format, but putting a Defiant spin on it, why would that be a bad thing?

Illythia
05-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Ok well first of all, I seemed to have come into a thread that has within it a heated debate among members.

Second of all, yes this game requires work and is a good game for what has been delivered, but tell me this. What happens when the show stops for the season? There will be very little, if any cross-over from the show to game and visa-versa.

I am interested to know how they plan to retain the players that they have, satisfy those who have played MMOs of theirs before and attract new players to the game? It is a game after all, and if content does not improve to promote interest, then sooner or later the game will die down.

P.S. I like the game and the show, and would hate for the game to go into decline. BUT, people need variety with MMOs. It isn't enough to have repeating pursuits, arkfalls and very little to do other than killing enemies.

A s0t
05-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Ok well first of all, I seemed to have come into a thread that has within it a heated debate among members.

Second of all, yes this game requires work and is a good game for what has been delivered, but tell me this. What happens when the show stops for the season? There will be very little, if any cross-over from the show to game and visa-versa.

I am interested to know how they plan to retain the players that they have, satisfy those who have played MMOs of theirs before and attract new players to the game? Unless the show is successful, I doubt this game will go very far.

could be webisodes or something and dlc how many episode are there going to be fore the season til the end of July? and then the next season be in september

Schwa
05-16-2013, 03:45 AM

I am interested to know how they plan to retain the players that they have, satisfy those who have played MMOs of theirs before and attract new players to the game? Unless the show is successful, I doubt this game will go very far.

Supposedly the "story" will continue within the game while the TV series is off-air. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Daholic
05-16-2013, 03:49 AM

Bingo......

Defiance has manage to tread the middle ground between casual and hardcore.

Illythia
05-16-2013, 03:49 AM
could be webisodes or something and dlc how many episode are there going to be fore the season til the end of July? and then the next season be in september

Yes that is true, but if DLC is going to cost people, then I doubt they will be happy. As I said, they need to think on what genre their game really falls under. If it is an MMO, then additional content should be free. Including missions etc. Unless the DLC is designed to allow for interactions, develop communities, introduce different votan classes, then that is a different story.

Recco
05-16-2013, 03:50 AM
I never played Wow, so i'm not sure what why that even came up, and no I haven't read any of your other posts, just the one you wrote just now. So why is anyone so scared of a system that makes sence?? Its not about over powered weapon, its not about repeatable quests, its about adding some substance to a game that revolves around a pursuit system. See heres the problem, if the pursuit don't give a reward for it, no one does it, its just the truth..why should anyone have to follow a set of instruction everyday just to advance in ego rating?

Theres no skill involved with that..well maybe reading comprehension, but everyone deserves much more,and even if that means using a already popular format, but putting a Defiant spin on it, why would that be a bad thing?

what you said just sounded alot like WoW (which ive played and got bored of quickly lol) but yea i agree with all of your points expect i dont think defiance needs a crafting system it needs to expand on the salvage system and the rare mods having better stats same goes for weapons and such. and to me the pursuits are a guide to do everything the game as to offer and etc. again i just feel that there is better things to come since they have been puting alot of time into fixing bugs and having to postpone stuff. when the bugs are fixed is when more content will come out and more substance to the game. already in patch 1.020 they are adding alot of stuff then in the DLC after that.

Illythia
05-16-2013, 03:54 AM
The pursuits have become repetitive, so unless they change them every week, then what you completed is all they can offer (for now). Which is why some people complain about it being repetitive. Even some of the missions have the same 'concept' attached to them.... drive here, collect this, kill them.... I found the side missions more enjoyable than the story. For the simple reason that they changed each time.... There may be a lot of things to do, but some of them are impossible!! Like Hotshot: Resevoir Chickens. IMPOSSIBLE (Unless you were lucky and got the glitch :P)

A s0t
05-16-2013, 03:57 AM
The pursuits have become repetitive, so unless they change them every week, then what you completed is all they can offer (for now). Which is why some people complain about it being repetitive. Even some of the missions have the same 'concept' attached to them.... drive here, collect this, kill them.... I found the side missions more enjoyable than the story. For the simple reason that they changed each time.... There may be a lot of things to do, but some of them are impossible!! Like Hotshot: Resevoir Chickens. IMPOSSIBLE (Unless you were lucky and got the glitch :P)if you on xbox turn around shoot the chicken that stands still for 3 seconds and runs off take 5 minutes and that contracts not pursuits by the way

Recco
05-16-2013, 03:59 AM
The pursuits have become repetitive, so unless they change them every week, then what you completed is all they can offer (for now). Which is why some people complain about it being repetitive. Even some of the missions have the same 'concept' attached to them.... drive here, collect this, kill them.... I found the side missions more enjoyable than the story. For the simple reason that they changed each time.... There may be a lot of things to do, but some of them are impossible!! Like Hotshot: Resevoir Chickens. IMPOSSIBLE (Unless you were lucky and got the glitch :P)

Just don't do the same stuff everyday. One day do a pursuit or two the next do contracts, the next do PvP, etc

Daholic
05-16-2013, 04:02 AM
what you said just sounded alot like WoW (which ive played and got bored of quickly lol) but yea i agree with all of your points expect i dont think defiance needs a crafting system it needs to expand on the salvage system and the rare mods having better stats same goes for weapons and such. and to me the pursuits are a guide to do everything the game as to offer and etc. again i just feel that there is better things to come since they have been puting alot of time into fixing bugs and having to postpone stuff. when the bugs are fixed is when more content will come out and more substance to the game. already in patch 1.020 they are adding alot of stuff then in the DLC after that.

Well..Don't get me wrong, I play rpg's of that sort but never Wow. Its kinda funny you got bored with Wow quickly and not this..lol well to each his own I guess.

So they built a leveling system around another system that almost forces you to do thing you may not want to do just for increased ego. Its different no doubt, but different to me doesn't mean better.

The weapon system is a huge bummer, mobs scaled to the player is an even bigger bummer. That breeds repetitiveness and always knowing the mob isn't much better than you. So not only does Defiance put you in a situation to win, but they reward you for it.

I was never a big complainer about bugs, ehh it happens, but adding more fluff, more vehicles that are no better than all the others, another race that has no significant difference from any other race, and a more variety of mobs that again..scales to the player isn't content..well to me!

A s0t
05-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Just don't do the same stuff everyday. One day do a pursuit or two the next do contracts, the next do PvP, etcdone right the daily contract should take 45 minutes to an hour to do and some of the weekly ones too (50 skitterlings)

Illythia
05-16-2013, 04:04 AM
if you on xbox turn around shoot the chicken that stands still for 3 seconds and runs off take 5 minutes and that contracts not pursuits by the way

I know that. If you read the comment again you will see that I referenced the pursuits first, and then highlighted that there are other things that you can do i.e. Hotshots, Time Trials etc. Also, they are part of the pursuits to complete contracts.....

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-16-2013, 04:04 AM
Defiance for the long haul baby!!!!

I will literally never grow sick of this game. When I finish all the content and dlc in the future with my 2 chars I have now, I shall roll a third and 4th.

Illythia
05-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Just don't do the same stuff everyday. One day do a pursuit or two the next do contracts, the next do PvP, etc

Yeah I have done I'm afraid. The contracts are repetitive in that I completed the same co-op missions a number of times to get the reputation that the contract gives you. I have completed pursuits as they come along, and again they repeat themselves i.e. "Kill 40 Skitterlings in Marin" <--- I've done that a number of times now. Yes there are others I can do, and have done. I do know to change things around. I wasn't saying that I was bored or didn't like the game. I am hoping that they change them about once Hellbug Season is over :P

A s0t
05-16-2013, 04:07 AM
I know that. If you read the comment again you will see that I referenced the pursuits first, and then highlighted that there are other things that you can do i.e. Hotshots, Time Trials etc. Also, they are part of the pursuits to complete contracts.....
the chicken thing i was referencing was the more important thing. and who reads on the interwebz i only skim

Daholic
05-16-2013, 04:07 AM

You do realize what your saying right? Your suggesting someone to limit their gaming experience so not to fell the repetitive sting.

Hey look, thanks for the respectful banter, but I have no idea how you could have been bored with Wow in such a short time but find this game engaging.

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:08 AM
Well..Don't get me wrong, I play rpg's of that sort but never Wow. Its kinda funny you got bored with Wow quickly and not this..lol well to each his own I guess.

So they built a leveling system around another system that almost forces you to do thing you may not want to do just for increased ego. Its different no doubt, but different to me doesn't mean better.

The weapon system is a huge bummer, mobs scaled to the player is an even bigger bummer. That breeds repetitiveness and always knowing the mob isn't much better than you. So not only does Defiance put you in a situation to win, but they reward you for it.

I was never a big complainer about bugs, ehh it happens, but adding more fluff, more vehicles that are no better than all the others, another race that has no significant difference from any other race, and a more variety of mobs that again..scales to the player isn't content..well to me!

If you don't play wow daily you fall behind on gear and etc just not worth it for me. And the scaling isn't always a bad thing. And there's really no reason you have to do the pursuits the levels mean nothing as of now hell I'm only 705 or something. Everything is on the same level. Mobs don't scale the player don't really get any better besides perks.

done right the daily contract should take 45 minutes to an hour to do and some of the weekly ones too (50 skitterlings)

Exactly

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:10 AM
You do realize what your saying right? Your suggesting someone to limit their gaming experience so not to fell the repetitive sting.

Hey look, thanks for the respectful banter, but I have no idea how you could have been bored with Wow in such a short time but find this game engaging.

I players WoW for over a year. And I'm not saying limit your game time I'm saying just focus on different things when you do play don't focus on completely one thing like doing strickly pursuits for example

Joseph MacNamara
05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
I might pop in for some pvp every blue moon but for the most part I'm done until some dlc comes out. Maybe I'll check it out then. I'm simply bored with the small playground and limited content.

The show is very bad and I have great difficulty relating it to the game. It seems like Days of Our Lives with Star Trek masks from 1982.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Daholic
05-16-2013, 04:15 AM
I might pop in for some pvp every blue moon but for the most part I'm done until some dlc comes out. Maybe I'll check it out then. I'm simply bored with the small playground and limited content.

The show is very bad and I have great difficulty relating it to the game. It seems like Days of Our Lives with Star Trek masks from 1982.

I saw the 1st episode of Defiance. That was enough for me.....

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:15 AM

Every one has their opinion no offense is ever taken by me except the people just complaining about minor things. Not talking about limited content which I have agreed there is limited content.

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:17 AM
I saw the 1st episode of Defiance. That was enough for me.....

I enjoy the show I guess that's why I can deal with the games problems. I just know it'll be improved upon. The show has a second season coming and the game will be refined and more content will roll in by then. Every mmo from my understanding is always limited at first.

A s0t
05-16-2013, 04:20 AM
I enjoy the show I guess that's why I can deal with the games problems. I just know it'll be improved upon. The show has a second season coming and the game will be refined and more content will roll in by then. Every mmo from my understanding is always limited at first.wanna know how i win an argument on the inter net?

*closes lid on laptop

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
wanna know how i win an argument on the inter net?

*closes lid on laptop

Lol. Nooooo wait.... ****. I guess that's my cue to get some sleep its 7:20 and no sleep haha. Thanks to everyone debating with me lol.

Illythia
05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
I players WoW for over a year. And I'm not saying limit your game time I'm saying just focus on different things when you do play don't focus on completely one thing like doing strickly pursuits for example

When I stick on Defiance I tend to mix it up a bit. Do some co-op missions, a story mission, arkfall, pursuits and contracts. Yes, when I started them first it was enjoyable. If now I go back and to the same (apart from story mission), the content in which you need to complete is the same. My friends and I often roam around the countryside doing those emergencies as they pop up. We know how many enemies will pop up, what we need to expect each time.... that is what I understand why people might find it repetitive. It is not how often you play, or how many times you change it up. You will end up (most of the time), completing the same tasks over and over until new content is released.

Don't get me wrong, I spent one evening driving around trying to find data recorders. Could I find a single one? NO!! That is something I do from time to time. So yes, there are other things to do.... it is when it becomes a chore to complete that it becomes a problem.

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:25 AM
When I stick on Defiance I tend to mix it up a bit. Do some co-op missions, a story mission, arkfall, pursuits and contracts. Yes, when I started them first it was enjoyable. If now I go back and to the same (apart from story mission), the content in which you need to complete is the same. My friends and I often roam around the countryside doing those emergencies as they pop up. We know how many enemies will pop up, what we need to expect each time.... that is what I understand why people might find it repetitive. It is not how often you play, or how many times you change it up. You will end up (most of the time), completing the same tasks over and over until new content is released.

Don't get me wrong, I spent one evening driving around trying to find data recorders. Could I find a single one? NO!! That is something I do from time to time. So yes, there are other things to do.... otherwise you will eventually get bored.

Just to be clear I agree with you 100% I never said the game was flawless its far from. The whole point of this thread is to prove it has potential and even if it didn't prove that, which I'm sure it didn't, its worth sticking around to see first hand.

BadPanther86
05-16-2013, 04:30 AM
I agree with you 200%

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:33 AM
I agree with you 200%

But are you sticking around to see if it gets better is what matters

Illythia
05-16-2013, 04:46 AM
My apologies. I was just clarifying that I have changed it up a bit. I do enjoy the game, and will stick by it. Maybe to even get all the achievements, but I think that if they don't change how the pursuits are completed, then people will eventually lose interest.

Recco
05-16-2013, 05:02 AM
My apologies. I was just clarifying that I have changed it up a bit. I do enjoy the game, and will stick by it. Maybe to even get all the achievements, but I think that if they don't change how the pursuits are completed, then people will eventually lose interest.

no worries. i was just agreeing with your points is all.

TurboSquid
05-16-2013, 05:09 AM

Even our resident troll replied to this thread, even though you were asked not to. Amazing how people don't listen.

But I'm gonna ride this game till it dies.

Arsenic_Touch
05-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Even our resident troll replied to this thread, even though you were asked not to. Amazing how people don't listen.

But I'm gonna ride this game till it dies.

Another person that throws the word troll around and has no idea what it means or what it entails. Being critical does not equate to being a troll. Now run a long before you knock yourself out with that razor sharp wit.

Finish the Fight
05-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Agreed!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if the game is THAT bad and you are still playing it… doesn’t that say more about you than the game? /L sign

Illythia
05-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Agreed!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if the game is THAT bad and you are still playing it… doesn’t that say more about you than the game? /L sign

Actually good point.

Schwa
05-16-2013, 05:21 AM
Agreed!

It's human nature to watch a housefire from a safe distance. Or a wreck at a race.

baelrusk
05-16-2013, 06:17 AM
It's human nature to watch a housefire from a safe distance. Or a wreck at a race.

Especially if you're waiting to see when you can go back in without problems.

Recco
05-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Especially if you're waiting to see when you can go back in without problems.

This best describes how I feel about the game. But I continue to play and enjoy the game in the meantime.

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Edit: NA XBOX GT: ReccoXVII

Bugs or not, I enjoy the game. I also dig the show. Definitely here for the time being. I don't base whether I like something on other people's or cynical websites' opinions. I like something because I choose to. If others don't that's fine. That's their opinion and theyre entitled to it.

Like I stated in another thread... "We all have our own opinions. The problem with opinions is that they are like *** holes. We all have one and most of them stink"...

ironhands
05-16-2013, 12:38 PM
I will, but I don't play for hours and hours a day. I'll drop in when there's new content. There's no rush for me to play and complete everything urgently.

Cutlass Jack
05-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I enjoy the game greatly and am in it for the long haul. That doesnt mean I think the game's perfect, or they dont have quite a bit more work to do.

But admittedly its pretty easy to be in for that long since there's no monthly fees. Being patient costs me nothing. If they want more of my money they'll have to put in things worth paying for. I think thats fair.

Recco
05-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm the same way. I'll play every couple days and do a few contracts and the new pursuits or whatever each week. You think Trion will stick by the promise of keeping the servers open while the show is airing? Right now I believe if the show dies the game does as well if they don't drastically make changes. But overall I love the show and game. Its just syfy's track record with shows concerns me

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 12:49 PM
I enjoy the game greatly and am in it for the long haul. That doesnt mean I think the game's perfect, or they dont have quite a bit more work to do.

But admittedly its pretty easy to be in for that long since there's no monthly fees. Being patient costs me nothing. If they want more of my money they'll have to put in things worth paying for. I think thats fair.

Very well-said and down to earth.

Thr0nes
Really only game I play now. I will prolly pick up Rift again when it goes F2P, that game is pretty fun, only quit cause I couldnt raid anymore and dont feel like paying monthly for causal play.

I do my dailies and log, game play is fun enough to keep me coming back.

T_Archangel
I'm the same way. I'll play every couple days and do a few contracts and the new pursuits or whatever each week. You think Trion will stick by the promise of keeping the servers open while the show is airing? Right now I believe if the show dies the game does as well if they don't drastically make changes. But overall I love the show and game. Its just syfy's track record with shows concerns me

Syfy did announce a second season of Defiance is coming. So we have that at least right?

Finish the Fight
05-16-2013, 12:51 PM
No one is forcing anyone to play the game… so if you (not you specifically) feel so strongly that the game is ‘bad’ and you are still playing it and spending time on the forums you have only yourself to blame.

Hiroller
05-16-2013, 12:52 PM
White Knight thread #4958...

Here's somthing "simple". stop reading all these negative threads you hate. Stop creating threads like this that incite fanboy vs. hater arguments. stop being a do.uche

Recco
05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Syfy did announce a second season of Defiance is coming. So we have that at least right?

I just hate the thought of my game becoming worthless since servers are down lol but oh well its unavoidable with mmo games. And yes they did I don't feel like I got my money worth just yet I just hope I get that feeling before the ride ends then I'll be completely happy. Not saying I'm not BC I am now

Recco
05-16-2013, 12:56 PM
White Knight thread #4958...

Here's somthing "simple" stop reading all these negative threads you hate. Stop creating threads like this that incite fanboy vs. hater arguments. stop being a do.uche

I'm not being a ****** I just wanted a friendly debate rather then the "this game sucks BC of bugs never play it" threads. I'm entitled to my opinion like all the haters. Its not like I said "**** all the haters this game rocks" or something like that.

Elric1
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
The game is hella better than it was..... However being an Xbox 3600 MMO game ... it's not bad either.
In the game it's so so... they are giving us options in the future that should have been there since release and calling it 'content'

If you can't even give us the basic things that WoW did in 2004 you are not impressing anyone. Calling it content DLC afterwards is just insulting your player base.

That said I will play or not play it. I did that for wow and I paid for it monthly. This has no subscription so I have no complaint. I already got my mula's worth of gaming content. It was a sub par game but still worth the 60 dollars. Now can they keep me here buying more stuff is the real question. End game carrot on a stick would help make me come back every week instead of once a month since ego leveling is slow as hell and objectives are getting for insane levels of dedication.

The Lady
05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I'll keep playing. The first DLC sounds promising.

Myst
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM
For some reason I expected to come in here and find Calculus as the OP's message. Glad to see that it wasn't :D. While the person certainly has good intentions in their heart we will not see the end of this sadly but it's nice to know there are more people growing tired of some of the posts. While some posts in the form of constructive criticism is okay majority of those are not that.

Vidarr
05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Staying around for the ''Long Haul'' as you guys put it would be alot easier if there was stuff to do and something to aim for. There's nothing at the moment that keeps people in the game other than the very unimaginative cross over quests of ''Go pick up that infopad 4 times then do part of a instance backwards''

Things need to change dramaticly for people to be dragged back into the game as for those saying death to whiners and those who complain, Nay we've just got a bigger brain that needs more than repetition to capture.

The weapons are a joke also, a 1 ego rated weapon being as good as a 2000 ego rated weapon and yeah yeah before you guys say ''Buuuut there's the perks on the weapon'' those are **** too due to the fact of how stupidly rare they are to come by and yes that's not something to aim for that's like dangling a carrot infront of a donkey then throwing it away once you've had ye fun.

Of course there's going to be fanboy's who disagree with what I said but there's also those who can agree that when we buy a game we expect it to capture our imagination's keep us occupied whilst playing it and of course be worth what we've paid for it. And up to press its failed to deliver on either of those things with Rift going free to play too these could be dark times for Trion

Recco
05-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Staying around for the ''Long Haul'' as you guys put it would be alot easier if there was stuff to do and something to aim for. There's nothing at the moment that keeps people in the game other than the very unimaginative cross over quests of ''Go pick up that infopad 4 times then do part of a instance backwards''

Things need to change dramaticly for people to be dragged back into the game as for those saying death to whiners and those who complain, Nay we've just got a bigger brain that needs more than repetition to capture.

The weapons are a joke also, a 1 ego rated weapon being as good as a 2000 ego rated weapon and yeah yeah before you guys say ''Buuuut there's the perks on the weapon'' those are **** too due to the fact of how stupidly rare they are to come by and yes that's not something to aim for that's like dangling a carrot infront of a donkey then throwing it away once you've had ye fun.

Of course there's going to be fanboy's who disagree with what I said but there's also those who can agree that when we buy a game we expect it to capture our imagination's keep us occupied whilst playing it and of course be worth what we've paid for it. And up to press its failed to deliver on either of those things with Rift going free to play too these could be dark times for Trion

Just for the record in this thread I've pointed out that I agree with everything you just said. But its time that people just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it don't waste your time posting about how much you don't like it. what good does it do? I have my problems with the game but I'm sticking around BC I believe it will get better. If I'm wrong so be it. At least I can say I stuck it out to the end and didn't give up on it. And if it didn't capture your imagination I'm sorry, but there are people out there that believe in the concept f the game and are waiting to see if Trion can fulfill the promises eventually.

Biznatchio
05-16-2013, 04:37 PM
While the rest of us who have actually played mmos before and put trust in this company are being let down. There comes a point when you people need to stop apologizing for them.

+1...:p

Sithizen
05-16-2013, 05:20 PM
+1

but sometimes it gets frustrating playing hellbugged events . They could at least fix that for now, I'm trying to stall my main story missions as much as possible.

Daholic
05-16-2013, 05:24 PM
+1

but sometimes it gets frustrating playing hellbugged events . They could at least fix that for now, I'm trying to stall my main story missions as much as possible.

Why are you stalling?

Panthan
05-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I intent to stay here for the long haul, Im having a blast and still look forward to log on every day.I have fun with this game.
Granted I have other activities, including other games in my life but still, I have fun.

That said Im not against people expressing their concerns about the game but there's a difference betwine discussing concerns in and about the game and whining.
Granted most of the time when someone brings up a concern its more the frequency and tone of voice used to express these I disagree on then the actual concern.. which most of the time IS a valid concern.
A person who really needs to hijack every thread about.. anything to complain really needs to consider finding proffesional help, we should be able to debate this game in peace and respectfully.

Recco
05-16-2013, 05:37 PM
While the rest of us who have actually played mmos before and put trust in this company are being let down. There comes a point when you people need to stop apologizing for them.

+1...:p
I'm not apologizing for no one just saying i haven't lost faith in Trion just yet. I've admitted there's problems a lot in this thread.

Recco
05-16-2013, 05:40 PM
I intent to stay here for the long haul, Im having a blast and still look forward to log on every day.I have fun with this game.
Granted I have other activities, including other games in my life but still, I have fun.

That said Im not against people expressing their concerns about the game but there's a difference betwine discussing concerns in and about the game and whining.
Granted most of the time when someone brings up a concern its more the frequency and tone of voice used to express these I disagree on then the actual concern.. which most of the time IS a valid concern.
A person who really needs to hijack every thread about.. anything to complain really needs to consider finding proffesional help, we should be able to debate this game in peace and respectfully.

Thank you. This is all this thread was meant to be. I'm just tired of all the this game sucks blah blah blah threads. And people threatening to quit playing. If you don't like it enough to complain constantly quit playing period. If you enjoy some if not more parts of the game and have problems with others state your reasons you have a problem or w/e and stick around til its fixed. Trion is reading these forums and taking notes. Just don't out right bash the game.

ratt707
05-16-2013, 05:56 PM
As long as people present their issue in a mature way, they can "complain" all they want.

It is a forum, we're here to discuss pros/cons and issues with the game.

I like the game but there's issues with it. The honey moon is over and the community wants to see issues addressed. That isnt crazy, but people come on here ranting so it seem extreme.

I planning to hang till I lose interest. There's people who have played since alpha ( bless your hearts). The community wants this game to be better and likely thought more progress would have been made and dlc would have a concrete release schedule. I dont think that is crazy.

We're here to discuss. Some people do this classier than others, but its a forum. On the interwebz. Deal with it.

shadowkin
05-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I love this game but have gotten so bored lol. I log in now like every 2 days and kinda just drive in a circle and think there is nothing to do other than grindy pursuits, which i don't feel are true content tho some will argue otherwise.

Then i thought oh i'll do a coop map which i haven't done on a while bc i wanted to grind out the 5k bolt sniper kills. What happens? Instance bugs on the last boss locking half our team out (some door randomly shut. Could be intended i guess)

The bug was just an insult to injury when u feel like something is a grind then u can't complete what u just did haha.

I long for real content. I have played a bunch just on the merit of the fun gameplay but roaming around killing everything gets old without some sort of goal imo. I love horizontal progression and the balance it brings to pvp but there could be some vertical progression of sorts thru some kind of raiding or anything creative.

Like i said tho i love the game i just want there to be more to it. After grinding five thousand sniper kills, lvling my semis seems wgoaaaa lol. And u kinda just farm emergencies and the things like the farms and what not with no over arching purpose, but what that purpose can be i dunno.. that is why i said maybe raiding or some kind of progression

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Personally I plan on being around til it flies or flops. Either way I like the game. I actually enjoy playing it. Yep... There are some bugs and issues but none that have hindered my ability to play and have fun. I understand and in fact appreciate those that come here to submit and discuss issues they find in-game, but taking time from life to bash something you personally don't like is just that... A waste of your time. Just move on and find a game you enjoy. Again it all comes down to the analogy that opinion are like ***holes - everybody's got one and most of them stink... You don't like the game fine. But don't bash those that do. Your opinion will never change theirs, no matter how much you rage against it...

Dooks
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Hmmm maybe I will start a thread complaining about those who make posts complaining about complainers :P

The games lack content is the problem for me, if you want to measure level in EGO as this game does, then give me enough content to get me to max level like every good MMO does. 5000 max ego and enough content to get you thru what.....300 EOG just doesn't cut it. Yeah, grinding out 4700 EGO is not my idea of fun. Love the game, it just needs more content

JonDav
05-16-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm not apologizing for no one just saying i haven't lost faith in Trion just yet. I've admitted there's problems a lot in this thread.

You have not lost faith in Trion. Ok, and? What do you want, a congratulatory pat on the back? Trion is not new to game development nor are they new to game forums. I'm pretty sure they completely understand how a forum community acts when a product is plagued with a number of issues. These threads are no better than the threads you people complain about. Ya'll say "complaint" threads add nothing to a forum, but they're sure as hell more constructive than random "I support Trion" nonsense. This game's community is nosediving fast. People up here have posted a number of statistics to show how laughably low the PC activity is. Not even three weeks after release, Defiance couldn't even crack the top 20 activity list on Xbox live (the platform it supposedly sold the most units on). A "MMO" that failed to amass a community bigger than non-MMO games that came out 3-4 years ago.I can only imagine how low the PS3 community is being that it sold under half of what the 360, did. Trion has people spoonfeeding then information on how to fix their product. A dying product that needs fixing. People should be embracing the idea of staying on Trion's case and stressing the importance of fixing this mess. Will Trion listen? Who knows but I'd sure as hell take my chances with people venting frustration than with people throwing unmerited, blind loyalty.

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Hmmm maybe I will start a thread complaining about those who make posts complaining about complainers :P

The games lack content is the problem for me, if you want to measure level in EGO as this game does, then give me enough content to get me to max level like every good MMO does. 5000 max ego and enough content to get you thru what.....300 EOG just doesn't cut it. Yeah, grinding out 4700 EGO is not my idea of fun. Love the game, it just needs more content

Wasn't complaining about peoples' opinions. Just saying there are more constructive ways to voice them. Got an issue? Tell about it constructively. Truly hate the game? Find a new one. Love the game? Awesome, glad you like it. Found a bug or bugs? Detail it so maybe your info can help Trion fix it...

That's all my point is... One man's trash will always be another man's treasure. Nothing out there is everyone's cup of tea but there is no sense in someone bashing another because they don't enjoy or dislike the same things...

Dooks
05-16-2013, 06:14 PM
My post was not aimed at you T_Archangel :) Really wasn't aimed at anyone

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 06:15 PM
My post was not aimed at you T_Archangel :) Really wasn't aimed at anyone

I know lol just hit "quote" by accident lol damned iPhone lmao

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:16 PM
You have not lost faith in Trion. Ok, and? What do you want, a congratulatory pat on the back? Trion is not new to game development nor are they new to game forums. I'm pretty sure they completely understand how a forum community acts when a product is plagued with a number of issues. These threads are no better than the threads you people complain about. Ya'll say "complaint" threads add nothing to a forum, but they're sure as hell more constructive than random "I support Trion" nonsense. This game's community is nosediving fast. People up here have posted a number of statistics to show how laughably low the PC activity is. Not even three weeks after release, Defiance couldn't even crack the top 20 activity list on Xbox live (the platform it supposedly sold the most units on). A "MMO" that failed to amass a community bigger than non-MMO games that came out 3-4 years ago.I can only imagine how low the PS3 community is being that it sold under half of what the 360, did. Trion has people spoonfeeding then information on how to fix their product. A dying product that needs fixing. People should be embracing the idea of staying on Trion's case and stressing the importance of fixing this mess. Will Trion listen? Who knows but I'd sure as hell take my chances with people venting frustration than with people throwing unmerited, blind loyalty.

So tell me what was the point of all that? And did you even read the other posts? This thread is a debate thread not a bashing thread either way. You have a concern about the game post it like an adult and not a whining ***** was the point of the original post. I have the same problems has everybody else. Just wanted to talk to people who had the same concerns as everybody else but are going to stick it out.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM

I agree with all of this except then first part lol.

Dooks
05-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I agree with all of this except then first part lol.

I was just being a wise***** with that part...comes with having 7 older syblings :)

JonDav
05-16-2013, 06:23 PM
So tell me what was the point of all that? And did you even read the other posts? This thread is a debate thread not a bashing thread either way. You have a concern about the game post it like an adult and not a whining ***** was the point of the original post. I have the same problems has everybody else. Must wanted to talk to people who had the same concerns as everybody else but are going to stick it out.

So you "request" people to post complaints like an adult and not a whining *****. However, while making your request, you sound like a whining *****. Hilarious. Bottom line is, people who purchased this product do not need some random gamer telling them how to express their displeasure. If you simply wanted to reach out to those sticking around for the long run, a good portion of your whinny *** OP could been excluded. As someone said a page or so back, this is the interwebz. Deal with it.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I was just being a wise***** with that part

Lol I know

Panthan
05-16-2013, 06:26 PM

Then discuss these issues respectfully and in a constructive manner. But there are too many posters who seem to feel the urge to derail nearly ever topic into a discussing about their rant of choise, THIS is wrong.
If I would create a topic about the Length of a VBI ar or even express my enjoyment, we should be able to do so.
But but but sucking up to! No. Most of the time the more positive threads are really aimed at other players to discuss the respective topics, not aimed to Trion nor to suck up to them, we should be able to do so, derailing these into "rant X" isnt getting on Trion's case, thats just to bash or troll for the sake of bash or trolling. Infact, its getting the the case of the poster instead of Trion's.
There's a time and place for everything and the same person repeating the very same thing over and over doesnt achieve anything, they are aware of the concern(s), you dont achieve anything by repeating it over and over.. constantly.
Having a mature, respectfull and constructive discussion about it on the other hand does work.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:26 PM
So you "request" people to post complaints like an adult and not a whining *****. However, while making your request, you sound like a whining *****. Hilarious. Bottom line is, people who purchased this product do not need some random gamer telling them how to express their displeasure. If you simply wanted to reach out to those sticking around for the long run, a good portion of your whinny *** OP could been excluded. As someone said a page or so back, this is the interwebz. Deal with it.

What part expressing how I'm tired of people rambling about the same **** over and over? In ways that aren't conductive to the progress of the game. Most give no reason to why they are mad or w/e if you have a reason to be mad fine be mad the game ain't for everyone but if people hate it so much stay off the forums return the game and be done with it.

JonDav
05-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Then discuss these issues respectfully and in a constructive manner. But there are too many posters who seem to feel the urge to derail nearly ever topic into a discussing about their rant of choise, THIS is wrong.
If I would create a topic about the Length of a VBI ar or even express my enjoyment, we should be able to do so.
But but but sucking up to! No. Most of the time the more positive threads are really aimed at other players to discuss the respective topics, not aimed to Trion nor to suck up to them, we should be able to do so, derailing these into "rant X" isnt getting on Trion's case, thats just to bash or troll for the sake of bash or trolling. Infact, its getting the the case of the poster instead of Trion's.
There's a time and place for everything and the same person repeating the very same thing over and over doesnt achieve anything, they are aware of the concern(s), you dont achieve anything by repeating it over and over.. constantly.
Having a mature, respectfull and constructive discussion about it on the other hand does work.

Once again, this is the freaking internet. Are you new to this? Do you honestly think someone hellbent on bringing destruction is going to listen to some random gamer? No, nor should they have to. They purchased the product just like you. They have every right to express themselves any damn way they please. If the mods feel as if certain post violate any forum rules, they will implement the correct actions. If they don't, blame them. Man up and deal with it. Ignore post, ignore users, use the number of options available for christ sakes.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Once again, this is the freaking internet. Are you new to this? Do you honestly think someone hellbent on bringing destruction is going to listen to some random gamer? No, nor should they have to. They purchased the product just like you. They have every right to express themselves any damn way they please. If the mods feel as if certain post violate any forum rules, they will implement the correct actions. If they don't, blame them. Man up and deal with it. Ignore post, ignore users, use the number of options available for christ sakes.

Calm down. That's why I made this thread for people to discuss not bash. You want to discuss then discuss don't bash me or anyone for what they have said and there's definitely no reason to get *****y. Your saying we all have the right to express ourselves how we want. Well I'm definitely not violating any rules so why come into this thread just to ***** about what we are talking about? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me

JonDav
05-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Calm down. That's why I made this thread for people to discuss not bash. You want to discuss then discuss don't bash me or anyone for what they have said and there's definitely no reason to get *****y. Your saying we all have the right to express ourselves how we want. Well I'm definitely not violating any rules so why come into this thread just to ***** about what we are talking about? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me

This thread wouldn't exist if you didn't feel the need to dictate how people express themselves on a forum. I never implied that people couldn't express themselves. I stated a number of obvious actions that people can take when differing opinions hurt their feelings. Huge difference their, guy.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:46 PM
This thread wouldn't exist if you didn't feel the need to dictate how people express themselves on a forum. I never implied that people couldn't express themselves. I stated a number of obvious actions that people can take when differing opinions hurt their feelings. Huge difference their, guy.

When have I said people can't express themselves? All I said is I'm tired of whinning and *****ing and would like people to express themselves in an adult way. Read the posts in this thread people stated their concerns I stated mine and that I agreed but even in the OP I stated that'd I'd like to talk to people who are sticking it out. You on the other hand just want to ***** and complain without understanding anything

Panthan
05-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Surely the irony in your own statement didnt escape you.
I dont need to man up, I can read betwine the line, I dont even need to add any name to my ignore list, ~15 years of mmos and still have to ignore the 1st person.
As stated before, which.. you chose to ignore entirely, Im fine with people expressing their concerns and fustrations but theres a time and place for everything. They do have the right to complain and express what ever concern, but people who want to have a more optimistic post have that very same right, too many of these.. bashers DO go out of their ways to take that right away though.
infact.. i said this :

we should be able to debate this game in peace and respectfully.
please tell me where this says that only applies to posive posts and by all means please point out where I said even remotely people need to stop posting their critizism.

Recco
05-16-2013, 06:50 PM
I dont need to man up, I can read betwine the line, I dont even need to add any name to my ignore list, ~15 years of mmos and still have to ignore the 1st person.
As stated before, which.. you chose to ignore entirely, Im fine with people expressing their concerns and fustrations but theres a time and place for everything. They do have the right to complain and express what ever concern, but people who want to have a more optimistic post have that very same right, too many of these.. bashers DO go out of their ways to take that right away though.
infact.. i said this :

please tell me where this says that only applies to posive posts and by all means please point out where I said even remotely people need to stop posting their critizism.

He apperently don't understand or has his head too far up his *** to see an adult perspective on things.

JonDav
05-16-2013, 06:55 PM
infact.. i said this :

I never stated that those who are optimistic shouldn't post. Don't include nonsense, that I never stated, to strengthen your argument. I want to know who dictates when it is the "right time and place" for a paying customer to post any damn thing he want? You? The optimistic posters? What gives you or them that right? If you truly did not have a problem with people spreading their critisism, you wouldn't feel the need to confine that criticism to certain circumstances or "when the time is right". Let's not play stupid here please.

Daholic
05-16-2013, 07:00 PM
What part expressing how I'm tired of people rambling about the same **** over and over? In ways that aren't conductive to the progress of the game. Most give no reason to why they are mad or w/e if you have a reason to be mad fine be mad the game ain't for everyone but if people hate it so much stay off the forums return the game and be done with it.

This is the ongoing argument all around the net about this game. What we have is the battle between those who are happy and those who are not. You telling people to turn in the game and quit the forums are about as useful as **** on a borehog.

Respectfully, and I mean that in every sence of the word, You have no right to play forum mod, nor suggest anyone to "be done with it"

You seem like a smart guy, and contrary to what you may believe, people are really trying to help salvage this game, as we (im including myself) seen the wasted potential from a company that should know better. What's more depressing is he who finds all to be well within the world or Defiance have no stake in the matter if the game crash and burn. You would simply move on to the next big thing like a swarm of locust. While the rest of us who have literally given Trion the business for these sophomorish decisions, are left wondering why didn't anyone see the signs earlier.

Its all there. The facts are not on your side..and while numbers never lie this game has done really bad in the press, and word of mouth is a b!tch also. The majority of people (not including you, because we talk earlier) have only played mmo's on console and have no idea the potential this game can possess. This game should be taken seriously, and every bad patch that passes is more reason to think Trion is way over there head with this one. Trying to figure out do they please the casuals or cater to the possible increase in player base hardcore players that actually presented nice ideas to improve Defiance while not interrupting the lore.

I see, you want one of the those constructive critisms that begin with the words.."As much as I love this game....." that kinda eass the blow in your mind, but to me that's just as effective as someone who puts Trion on the chair.

JonDav
05-16-2013, 07:03 PM
When have I said people can't express themselves? All I said is I'm tired of whinning and *****ing and would like people to express themselves in an adult way. Read the posts in this thread people stated their concerns I stated mine and that I agreed but even in the OP I stated that'd I'd like to talk to people who are sticking it out. You on the other hand just want to ***** and complain without understanding anything

I swear this is like debating a wall. You have absolutely no right to dictate how paying customers express themselves. What your mind may concieve as "whinning and ********" may not be equal to the views of the poster. For example, I view you OP as pure, unadulterated whinning and ******** from someone who lacks the testicular fortitude to truly deal with differing opinions. Do you view you stance in an identical light? Of course you don't. Stop trying to dictate how people deliver criticism because there's a very high chance your demand will get denied. As it should be.

Panthan
05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I never stated that those who are optimistic shouldn't post. Don't include nonsense, that I never stated, to strengthen your argument. I want to know who dictates when it is the "right time and place" for a paying customer to post any damn thing he want? You? The optimistic posters? What gives you or them that right? If you truly did not have a problem with people spreading their critisism, you wouldn't feel the need to confine that criticism to certain circumstances or "when the time is right". Let's not play stupid here please.

Thats easy, look at the tittle, a post about lets say.. A hellbug arkfall shouldnt be turned into a whine thread about lockboxes or , disapearing items, to pick some excamples. Thats the wrong time and place to post your concern, a person doing so is taking away the right to discuss their respective topic in peace.
If a person would create a new thread about their concern or complaint,that would be the right place and time, though it would be even better to keep it in an excisting post about it.
But again the irony in your post is amasing. You definately are reinforcing my statements.

JonDav
05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
This is the ongoing argument all around the net about this game. What we have is the battle between those who are happy and those who are not. You telling people to turn in the game and quit the forums are about as useful as **** on a borehog.

Respectfully, and I mean that in every sence of the word, You have no right to play forum mod, nor suggest anyone to "be done with it"

You seem like a smart guy, and contrary to what you may believe, people are really trying to help salvage this game, as we (im including myself) seen the wasted potential from a company that should know better. What's more depressing is he who finds all to be well within the world or Defiance have no stake in the matter if the game crash and burn. You would simply move on to the next big thing like a swarm of locust. While the rest of us who have literally given Trion the business for these sophomorish decisions, are left wondering why didn't anyone see the signs earlier.

Its all there. The facts are not on your side..and while numbers never lie this game has done really bad in the press, and word of mouth is a b!tch also. The majority of people (not including you, because we talk earlier) have only played mmo's on console and have no idea the potential this game can possess. This game should be taken seriously, and every bad patch that passes is more reason to think Trion is way over there head with this one. Trying to figure out do they please the casuals or cater to the possible increase in player base hardcore players that actually presented nice ideas to improve Defiance while not interrupting the lore.

I see, you want one of the those constructive critisms that begin with the words.."As much as I love this game....." that kinda eass the blow in your mind, but to me that's just as effective as someone who puts Trion on the chair.

EXACTLY. These forums have moderators for a reason. Let them moderate. A disgruntled customer is not going to refrain from his tactics because some random says so. I been in this thread way too long.

Recco
05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
I swear this is like debating a wall. You have absolutely no right to dictate how paying customers express themselves. What your mind may concieve as "whinning and ********" may not be equal to the views of the poster. For example, I view you OP as pure, unadulterated whinning and ******** from someone who lacks the testicular fortitude to truly deal with differing opinions. Do you view you stance in an identical light? Of course you don't. Stop trying to dictate how people deliver criticism because there's a very high chance your demand will get denied. As it should be.

OK I concede. You do have a point there. But to be clear I'm only referring to the posts about how bad the game is but give no reason to why the game is bad or says its bad BC they don't understand how something works. Like this one guy complaining how he don't get better gear when. he paid with bits instead of resources and such.

Recco
05-16-2013, 07:13 PM
EXACTLY. These forums have moderators for a reason. Let them moderate. A disgruntled customer is not going to refrain from his tactics because some random says so. I been in this thread way too long.

By stating I'm tired of it was only to find like minded people. Wasn't stating they couldn't.

6Strummer
05-16-2013, 07:13 PM
How about we agree to keep the haters in the hate threads and the apologists in the apologist threads? Otherwise both types of threads end up the same way, haters and apologists going back and forth about who has the right to say what.

Ahhh forget it. Humans will be humans.

Recco
05-16-2013, 07:15 PM
How about we agree to keep the haters in the hate threads and the apologists in the apologist threads? Otherwise both types of threads end up the same way, haters and apologists going back and forth about who has the right to say what.

Lol I tried to gt a debate going amongst people who are sticking to the game and why or aren't and why not. It was good for a while. I'm just hoping the thread dies now

JonDav
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Thats easy, look at the tittle, a post about lets say.. A hellbug arkfall shouldnt be turned into a whine thread about lockboxes or , disapearing items, to pick some excamples. Thats the wrong time and place to post your concern, a person doing so is taking away the right to discuss their respective topic in peace.
If a person would create a new thread about their concern or complaint,that would be the right place and time, though it would be even better to keep it in an excisting post about it.
But again the irony in your post is amasing. You definately are reinforcing my statements.

In other words, you should somehow have the power to dictate when is the appropriate time to discuss issues and when isn't. So, people not abiding by your dictatorial belief doesn't paint the obvious picture of conflicting opinions? Maybe, just maybe, your appropriate time to vent isn't identical to theirs. In that case, being that you have absolutely no power or influence up here, you have zero right to dictate what people post nor when. This isn't a difficult concept but I'll let you keep spamming "irony" without even attempting to justify it.

Panthan
05-16-2013, 07:30 PM
In other words, you should somehow have the power to dictate when is the appropriate time to discuss issues and when isn't. So, people not abiding by your dictatorial belief doesn't paint the obvious picture of conflicting opinions? Maybe, just maybe, your appropriate time to vent isn't identical to theirs. In that case, being that you have absolutely no power or influence up here, you have zero right to dictate what people post nor when. This isn't a difficult concept but I'll let you keep spamming "irony" without even attempting to justify it.
Nope I dont think I should. But the irony is.. YOU are trying to dictate others. Not me, YOU are.
I did say there's a time and place for everything, I did say it would be nice if people would respect that but again I didnt even remotely suggest anyone to stop what ever it is they are doing.
I didnt tell anyone to stop doing anything, what I DID say is people (ALL SIDES Ill state here since it has been going over YOUR head) sound be able to discuss their respective topics in peace and respectfully.

Wraieth
05-16-2013, 07:37 PM

This is the most acurate statement ive seen in awhile. Humans are the only species on earth who cant agree on anything for very long.

There seems to be 2 dominate mindsets in the world today, Those who dont seem to care about anyone or anything. and those who take everything way to serious.

If the non careing could learn alittle empathy and the to serious could learn to laugh alittle and not let everything become personal , Most of the arguments would become muted.

And the hardest thing is everyone one of us should ask ourselves wich one are we. And then strive to improve it.

Recco
05-16-2013, 07:39 PM
This is the most acurate statement ive seen in awhile. Humans are the only species on earth who cant agree on anything for very long.

There seems to be 2 dominate mindsets in the world today, Those who dont seem to care about anyone or anything. and those who take everything way to serious.

If the non careing could learn alittle empathy and the to serious could learn to laugh alittle and not let everything become personal , Most of the arguments would become muted.

The funny thing about this Is I've been laughing and talking to my girlfriend about this thread. It is pretty fun. Though the earlier posts was what I wanted out of this thread it has went away from that.

I've stated plenty of times that I agree the game has problems just wanted to know who is staying loyal to the game lol

EchoOne
05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Loyal? No, but I`ll keep playing it as long as it is fun.
So far there is no end in sight, it`s almost irritating since I don`t usually stick with games very long.

As for the other talk ... I kinda pitty Trion, you don`t need haters or trolls if you have fans like they do.
Criticism is a good thing. But I find it somewhat hypocritical to enjoy a game for hundreds of hours, yet spending every free second to jump at any chance to drop the "this game is broken, this game sucks" lines, and pretending it was for the greater good. It`s rather cheap flock behaviour.

Recco
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Loyal? No, but I`ll keep playing it as long as it is fun.
So far there is no end in sight, it`s almost irritating since I don`t usually stick with games very long.

As for the other talk ... I kinda pitty Trion, you don`t need haters or trolls if you have fans like they do.
Criticism is a good thing. But I find it somewhat hypocritical to enjoy a game for hundreds of hours, yet spending every free second to jump at any chance to drop the "this game is broken, this game sucks" lines, and pretending it was for the greater good. It`s rather cheap flock behaviour.

well spoken

shadowkin
05-17-2013, 09:11 AM
wanna know how i win an argument on the inter net?

*closes lid on laptop

Ahhh LOL. .

Tyger
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM

Oh gee, another complaining about complainers that complain thread. Aren't you just the super unique-snowflake.

/eyeroll