PDA

View Full Version : A little Synergy help please

Hypocrite
05-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Alright, forgive me if there's already alot of these threads, I wasn't able to find the information I need. So I understand a LITTLE bit about Synergy. Like if you have 2 weapons that come with the same synergy and a [2] then those are the weapon-weapon synergy type. And if you attach the same type synergy mods to a weapon you get better bonuses up to the [4]. but one of my weapons has me a little confused still. A VBI HP-5 Wolverine. It came stock with the Quartermaster Synergy. Goes up to [4], not [2]. So does this mean that I can attach ONLY Quartermaster Synergy mods to this weapon? I figured as long as the weapon mods matched eachother, it would give those effects to the weapon. So I attached 2 mods from the Run-n-Gun Synergy set... The weapon still says ONLY quartermaster and doesnt seem to give me any bonuses for the Run-n-Gun. So before you mod a weapon, do you need the same type weapon synergy AND mod synergy? If you add multiple synergy mods to a regular weapon will they work? I am so confused.

Writhen
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Alright, forgive me if there's already alot of these threads, I wasn't able to find the information I need. So I understand a LITTLE bit about Synergy. Like if you have 2 weapons that come with the same synergy and a [2] then those are the weapon-weapon synergy type. And if you attach the same type synergy mods to a weapon you get better bonuses up to the [4]. but one of my weapons has me a little confused still. A VBI HP-5 Wolverine. It came stock with the Quartermaster Synergy. Goes up to [4], not [2]. So does this mean that I can attach ONLY Quartermaster Synergy mods to this weapon? I figured as long as the weapon mods matched eachother, it would give those effects to the weapon. So I attached 2 mods from the Run-n-Gun Synergy set... The weapon still says ONLY quartermaster and doesnt seem to give me any bonuses for the Run-n-Gun. So before you mod a weapon, do you need the same type weapon synergy AND mod synergy? If you add multiple synergy mods to a regular weapon will they work? I am so confused.

It certainly can be confusing. I would divide synergy weapons into two categories:

First, weapons that have synergy with the number 2. A few examples are the synergies veteran and machinist. To get the synergy bonus for veteran, for example, you would need a weapon equipped with veteran synergy in both your primary and secondary weapon slots. That's it, in terms of getting a synergy bonus. You could add other mods with or without a synergy. They will give you the standard bonus of the mod, but no synergy bonus. So if you put a mod on your veteran gun that gives you +8 to your magazine size and also synergy brutal, you would only get the +8 to magazine size.

Second category is weapons with a synergy and the number 4. That bonus is acquired through mods only and has nothing to do with another gun. To get a synergy bonus you would need to attach mods that have the same synergy as is listed on the gun. Just like the first weapon type, you can add mods with or without a synergy bonus of a different synergy, but you would only get the standard bonus on the mod, and not a bonus from a different synergy.

So with your quartermaster gun and run n gun mods, you won't get a run n gun bonus, but you would get whatever non synergy bonus was listed on those mods.

If this seemed to thorough, its because I wasn't sure which part was tripping you up. I hope this was helpful. Happy hunting

Hypocrite
05-16-2013, 09:02 AM
thats actually exactly what I figured... So luckily I only wasted 2 mods and not 4 lol. Thanks for the insight

ItISLupus
05-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Here you go. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/07/weapon-synergy)

Might want to check the other blogs as well. There is one specifically on mods, the matrix. The ones by Nathan Richardson are about what Trion are doing right now, What they are working on, looking into, their plans, etc. The latest one has the information on the DLC

Zabuza
05-16-2013, 09:35 AM
...weapons that have synergy with the number 2. A few examples are the synergies veteran and machinist.
I have only seen the basic four as (2)'s Survivalist, Veteran, Machinist, Outlaw ( The beginning outfits you choose from)

The rest are (4)s

bigdawg21180
05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
So the question I have is with the [4]'s do they stack? Like my blur melee build I have brutal shotgun and have all 4 brutal mods to go in it, but rather have the extra melee compared to the reload time.

Hypocrite
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM
So the question I have is with the [4]'s do they stack? Like my blur melee build I have brutal shotgun and have all 4 brutal mods to go in it, but rather have the extra melee compared to the reload time.

I dont think they "stack" per say. I think the more you have, the more bonuses you get. the bonuses are labeled [1] - [4] if you have all 4 Brutal mods, then you should get all of the 4 bonuses... I THINK lol

Mladenov
05-17-2013, 06:41 AM
For information check this link -> http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/14/weapon-mods/

Zabuza
05-17-2013, 07:35 AM

I do not understand what your trying to stack. You will get 1 ability for each brutal synergy mod you put into the brutal synergy gun. Non-brutal mods will not yield a synergy ability.
The stats from your stowed gun are not used. Only the gun your currently using. The only way a stowed gun will effect the gun in use is if it has the [2] synergies (veteran, outlaw, survivalist, machinist).

bigdawg21180
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I do not understand what your trying to stack. You will get 1 ability for each brutal synergy mod you put into the brutal synergy gun. Non-brutal mods will not yield a synergy ability.
The stats from your stowed gun are not used. Only the gun your currently using. The only way a stowed gun will effect the gun in use is if it has the [2] synergies (veteran, outlaw, survivalist, machinist).

Meaning with 2 brutal mods do I get the +5% melee for [1] and the +10% melee for [2] for a total of 15% melee or just the 10% melee since there is 2 brutal mods modded in. I have all 4 and I'd rather not add all for a 10% reload if I lose out on the melee boost which is what I'm using it for.. Make sense?

SilentEchos
10-13-2014, 02:28 PM
A weapon that doesn't have a synergy. Like a common/white or uncommon/green.... Can you give it a synergy? Like upgrade it some way so it will have one?

Fallen_Aingeal
10-13-2014, 02:47 PM
A weapon that doesn't have a synergy. Like a common/white or uncommon/green.... Can you give it a synergy? Like upgrade it some way so it will have one?*writing in the dust of an extremely old necro'd thread*

No

Atticus Batman
10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
A weapon that doesn't have a synergy. Like a common/white or uncommon/green.... Can you give it a synergy? Like upgrade it some way so it will have one?

If it has no synergy, then it will never have a synergy, by current game mechanics.

SilentEchos
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Well what's a better place to read stuff about the game rather than this thread? Also, I forget what the extra effect icons on your weapon are called like syphon and stuff like that but if a weapon doesn't have it can you upgrade it to have it?

SilentEchos
10-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Like it doesn't have one at all. Can I give it one?

Bonehead
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Like it doesn't have one at all. Can I give it one?

For shotguns, ARs, LMGs, SMGs, pistols, and snipers, you can get a nano mag mod in either fire or radiation.