PDA

View Full Version : Toxic mods broken said trion!

Strifewolfsjg
05-16-2013, 09:48 AM
They said toxi mods are broken and won't work! Report bugs ingame!

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/strifewolf/null-8.png

I did what they said and did the ingame reports and got this!

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/strifewolf/null-9.png

FattyMcG33
05-16-2013, 10:10 AM
And what does this have to do with the mods??

Strifewolfsjg
05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
If you put a "toxic mod conversion" on your gun it will do nothing but turn your ammo green! It has 0 bonus and its nano effect is not working!
If you put it on you waist a mod slot on a gun and will have to remove it and loose all your other gun mods!

FattyMcG33
05-16-2013, 02:48 PM
I mean the GIANT pic you posted. It has nothing to do with the topic.

Strifewolfsjg
05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/strifewolf/null-9.png

mikepaul
05-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Wait, so even the Plague Bringer from my Amazon pre-order has never actually done the 20% extra damage thing? That sucks. I have a splat mod on one Courier, so when it's maxed I guess it'll all get scrapped. Will double-check the mod fix status when the time is right...

Strifewolfsjg
05-17-2013, 02:15 PM
It does nothing! I've checked multiple toxic mods on handguns, rifles, and shotguns! I checked damage before and after with no change! When a nano effect works it does an action and sound! Toxic never makes a nano effect sound or activation! It does not add %20 damage it is bugged! They know its bugged and will not help in any way! After you submit the bug report on Xbox it sends the same thing over again!

They are rude and I don't think they even know what I'm talking about! After my post they gave me more non working toxic mods! HOW DOES THAT HELP!

I have a saw that I have to pay 70,000 to remove the mods and I'm going to loose them all!

mikepaul
05-17-2013, 04:13 PM
It does nothing! I've checked multiple toxic mods on handguns, rifles, and shotguns! I checked damage before and after with no change! When a nano effect works it does an action and sound! Toxic never makes a nano effect sound or activation! It does not add %20 damage it is bugged! They know its bugged and will not help in any way! After you submit the bug report on Xbox it sends the same thing over again!

They are rude and I don't think they even know what I'm talking about! After my post they gave me more non working toxic mods! HOW DOES THAT HELP!

I have a saw that I have to pay 70,000 to remove the mods and I'm going to loose them all!
Ummm, OK, the net damage might show the nano isn't doing its job, but I checked out the splat mod I slapped on my Cluster Shot (not Courier like I said above) and it proc'd pretty-much on the third grenade I tossed at each new group some ever-spawning mutants in Mt Tam. Didn't see it proc at all in firefights or arkfalls, but maybe that's part of the flaw. Seeing the mention of the nano being applied was odd, since at no other time did I see text describing the nano at work from other weapons.

That Cluster Shot is gone the way of all things, but the mod lives on, this time actually attached to a Courier. I can't say if a Courier will show the proc in action too, but I will definitely put it back on a Cluster Shot down the road just to see if it still does that 'here's your nano' thing...

mikepaul
05-17-2013, 11:33 PM
OK, I swore I could read text saying the nano had gone off, but now all I see if the green color it gives after the third shot. Fairly consistent in this specific setting. Never notice it in combat.

(Pulled the Corrosion mod off the Courier and put it back onto a purple Cluster Shot that was nano-free. More flexible...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rUtaOLgyR6g

Strifewolfsjg
05-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Toxic "splat" on my orange saw still does 400! And it never adds damage or weakens it just tints your ammo green lol!

Indra Echo
05-18-2013, 12:05 AM
OP,
I think you misunderstood what the reply to you said. You reported that you were having a problem-your toxic mods aren't working. The reply (both replies) said they are unable to provide a solution. That doesn't mean they are not working. They didn't say that. Maybe they aren't but so far they just need you to submit a bug report using the character that you noticed the bug with so they can look into it. They can't provide a fix because it's likely they aren't able to see a problem (unless others report the same thing and they see something similar in those players' games and characters).

I know because I had this happen too-about another issue.

Fiox
05-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Hmm it works on ps3 sucks if it isnt working on 360

mikepaul
05-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Toxic "splat" on my orange saw still does 400! And it never adds damage or weakens it just tints your ammo green lol!
OK. I was confused by "Toxic never makes a nano effect sound or activation!"...

Fiox
05-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Toxic looks like a green mist coming off the enemy compared to radiations bubblyish animation like their being splashed with toxic waste

Wishie
05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
It most certainly does work. I've had a few toxic mods thus far and have come to the following conclusion.

1) Toxic mod will NOT work if you apply it to a gun that already has a nano effect. Make sure the weapon you apply it to is non-elemental.

2) It works exactly like radiation; there is a proc (Programmed Random Occurrence) rate just like every other nano effect, so it doesn't kick in all the time. With damage numbers turned on, once it triggers, the shown damage from subsequent hits will be exactly 20% more.

3) From what I can tell, unlike Radiation (which is 25% damage boost btw), the extra damage only applies to you. Other players targeting the enemy will not benefit from this boost. [Don't quote me on this last one, I could very well be dead wrong]

Also, I'm on the Xbox 360 version as well :P

Strifewolfsjg
05-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I did the ingame bug report and got almost the same answer!

TODAY IM GOING TO UPLOAD VIDEO OF THE TOXIC MOD ON SOME GUNS TO OROVE TO YOU IT DON'T WORK ON XBOX!

IT DOESINT MATTER IF TOUR GUN HAS ANOTHER NANO THAT'S FALSE! My saw has no bono before I applied the toxic mod!

Random
05-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Broken for you perhaps.
I'm pretty sure I've seen the nano effect go off many times with my top knotch revolver, and countless times on my toxic converted assault. I'm pretty sure I've seen the dmg boost as well . Really though I turned off numbers a week ago, I don't need numbers to tell me I am doing 1010 with a sniper~

mikepaul
05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I guess the trick is, should an enemy that displays 400 when hit by a shotgun then display 480 when hit by a shotgun with Corrosion that proc'd? I see so few end results of nano except at death, I don't really know...