PDA

View Full Version : whats best lock box to get legendarys from?

Morgan Freeman
05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
hey guys just wondering what do you guys find the best lock box to get range weapons from? i have 400 bits so idk whether to buy 3 tier 2 or 1 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 or 1 tier 4
i was thinking 3 tier 2 but idk what do you guys think?

Grit
05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
None actually.

6% chance in a T3 and a 8% chance in a T4... 100% chance to get garbage in T2/T3/T4

most ppl buy T3's due to cheaper price..

phunphool
05-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Save your bits for something you can't earn in game.

I'm at EGO 1600ish and have only bought T4's. I have 3 legendaries. However, some people are lucky with T3's. It's gambling no matter what the chances are, so I'd rather waste in game currency instead of real life currency.

Blue MTS
05-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Could someone post a link to where Trion/Defiance stated the percentages for the lock box orange items please.

Zugo
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
hey guys just wondering what do you guys find the best lock box to get range weapons from? i have 400 bits so idk whether to buy 3 tier 2 or 1 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 or 1 tier 4

If you're set on buying lock boxes with the bits, I'd buy T4 but I'm only saying that because that's where my luck was. The results vary wildly from person to person.

If you are playing with friends I recommend getting boosts instead.

mikepaul
05-16-2013, 01:09 PM
The only lock box vendor I remember getting an orange from is Bug 'n' Chug. The magic hasn't repeated since, though...

Grit
05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
The only lock box vendor I remember getting an orange from is Bug 'n' Chug. The magic hasn't repeated since, though...

I got all 3 of my legendary weapons from the vendor at Iron Demon Ranch.

Aycid
05-16-2013, 02:16 PM
tier 3's been the best for me......

Morgan Freeman
05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Save your bits for something you can't earn in game.

I'm at EGO 1600ish and have only bought T4's. I have 3 legendaries. However, some people are lucky with T3's. It's gambling no matter what the chances are, so I'd rather waste in game currency instead of real life currency.

yeah i dont expect to keep buying bits with real life cash i just had 400msp spare so i bought 400 bits thats all

Steppdaddy
05-16-2013, 08:36 PM
10 teir 4's and 4 Orange items in the past two days. That's 10% of my 40 items.

I wasted a ton of scrip buying loads of tier 3's.

From ego 1000-4000 I bought all tier 3's with very little success in the orange department- although I did get some nice items.

Tier 4's have yielded a much better lot of guns for me. Although you still have a chance to get all greens in a tier 4- gotta love RNG.

SydSynister
05-16-2013, 11:54 PM
I've grabbed three tier four lock boxes tonight, and got a legendary out of two of them. I've never gotten anything good at any of the lower levels.

TheFool
05-16-2013, 11:58 PM
I only buy tier 2 boxes and those are the ones that I have gotten 8 legendary shields out of. No weapons yet though.

RAW SPHINX08
07-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Just hit a T4 at IRON DEMON RANCH GOT 2 ORANGES :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Beneven
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm @ level 1600 now and I don't even know how many t4's I've hit, but out of all of them... 1 orange. I'm going to start hitting t3's and t2's.
Just a suggestion... If good weapons are going to be this hard to find, can we make finding the synergy mods a little easier to find?

DEFCON ONE
07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
it's all random. People like to think they have a certain pattern or technique...truth is...it's random.

The Whitetiger
07-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I kid you not. Last night i pulled 2 legendaries back to back. Bought a tier4 from top notch and got a Vot Swarm Cannon and bought a tier2 from Overpass and got a Pyronova pro grenade. The best luck i have ever had. So its not impossible to get legendaries out of tier2's. believe me, i almost sh4t myself :) Good Luck!!!

Phuccko
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
I remember awhile back reading the forums and seeing that someone said that if a lockbox hasn't been used in awhile than there is more of a chance to get an orange
With that said I decided, just today, to go to the lock box at coit tower, figuring that no one ever goes there
I bought a tier 3 and BAM!! got a orange ironclad

GZA
07-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I use colt tower and overpass all the time and get no more luck there than anywhere else. So your theory is wrong lol :)

Amone
07-19-2013, 11:30 AM
I am Ego level 900 and got two legendary weapons so far out from T3 boxes, a striker protector and some grenades.. the latter were in the boxes in the earth camp.

Ethrealrunner
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
i've bought a ton of tier 4's and only 1 orange...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
07-19-2013, 05:53 PM
i've bought a ton of tier 4's and only 1 orange...

Sorry think I stole your luck, last 3 tier 4's all had 1 legendary each. Just stick with them I've had long draughts but then times like the past 2 weeks getting 6.

boom1234567890
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
iv bought thousands of boxes... t2, never a org/leg
t3, 2 leg
t4, 44 leg

i do buy more 4 than others though...

DO NOT BUY WITH BITS!!!

your chances do not go up so use bits for self/group/clan bonuses

Turantula
07-20-2013, 02:34 AM
t3, 2 leg
t4, 44 leg

DO NOT BUY WITH BITS!!!

Not disagreeing with you but I will say the last 5 tier 4 lock boxes I bought w/ bits all had an orange in them; one had 2. Could be my luck or coukd be reparations for the couple hundred t4 boxes I bought with key codes and barely pulled purples lol.

Calidorn
07-20-2013, 10:55 AM
10 tier 3's and not even a purple. Bought a tier 2 and got a purple. I have never seen an orange. :( I'm EGO level 1179

Calidorn

SeijuroHiko1981
07-20-2013, 03:36 PM
i only buy the lock box's in game, never with bits, never got a legendery in them yet, but I got lucky during a co-op map Cronkhite Bunker at ego 1591 and got a legendery ground pounder with assassin synergy and have never seen another legendery sens but i'v been finding better ground pounders but with no synergy so i use them for resorses. wish i could find assassin synergy mods for my bolt snipper.

CTS R1pP3dMuf1n
07-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I have found teir 4's work best for me nd my buddys try hitting boxes that havent been hit much for the day where i have the best luck

tana1978
07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

better off buying mod boxes

N3gativeCr33p
07-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Got my first legendary weapon last night, out of a T3 lockbox. Aside from a few T2 lockboxes that I bought in the first few weeks of playing the game, I've stuck with only buying T3 lockboxes after learning more about them.

VOT Meteor Bolter (electric bolt)
Synergy: Assassin
(1) +2% Crit Mult
(2) +4% Crit Mult
(3) +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (expires after 10 sec.)
(4) +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (expires after 10 sec.)

SeijuroHiko1981
07-22-2013, 06:14 AM
nice bolt snipper whats the dameg on it.

N3gativeCr33p
07-22-2013, 07:00 AM
nice bolt snipper whats the dameg on it.

Not sure at the moment... the picture that I took with my cell phone before logging out last night cuts off right before the damage numbers. I'll update later when I get home from work.

Johnnykev
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Not sure at the moment... the picture that I took with my cell phone before logging out last night cuts off right before the damage numbers. I'll update later when I get home from work.

Should be right around 1000-1100 like other meteor bolters, I believe.

SeijuroHiko1981
07-23-2013, 04:45 AM

i'v found meteor bolters in the 1300's so it's a toss up on his level if he gets good damage or not ans snes it has assasin Synergy when he adds assasin mods it can dubbel

Bentu
07-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Got 3 legendary from T4's but all were up to 800 ego and had nothing of note for a while and I'm nearly 2000 ego now.

N3gativeCr33p
07-23-2013, 05:43 AM

Yeah, it's something in this range... 1050-something, if I remember correctly. Late night last night... LOL

when he adds assasin mods it can dubbel

Good times... I need to get some Assassin mods for that legendary Bolter, then.

Deirachel
07-23-2013, 06:20 PM
t3, 2 leg
t4, 44 leg

DO NOT BUY WITH BITS!!!

Or if your more solo, and don't mind the grind, you might want to consider inventory slots.

Blu
07-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Not disagreeing with you but I will say the last 5 tier 4 lock boxes I bought w/ bits all had an orange in them; one had 2. Could be my luck or coukd be reparations for the couple hundred t4 boxes I bought with key codes and barely pulled purples lol.

Just as I thought. Seen a low Lvl toon under 400
Ego, rocking all orange items. Orange syphon saw, orange bolt
Sniper orange mass.

Took screen shots of there loadouts cause I smelled bs. It made me start wondering, how does such a low ego have these kind of oranges already? I looked at there achievement scores and sure nuff they are new.

One thing stood out, money, they had bought a few of the 15$ outfits, so I sent them a msg about there lock
Box luck.

Hahahah 'bought em with bits'

Seen thousands of ppl say 'it don't matter'

Well after 1000 hrs in this game and thousand of lock boxes later, oh it matters.

In the first few weeks of games launch we was getting decent drops, then the patches came, ten @defiancegame had the nerve to say "Na servers have toady oranges" & "you all are farming key codes way, way to fast"

Then I noticed a really dry spell, yea ego does effect this. But all in all, after several issues involving
Money and what Trion buts a priority
On, it's all
About money. And this post along with several weeks of research, proves it.

Yea go 'use a diff outfit you earned' while we don't fix the one you earned because its bugged and you didn't pay for it, but BTW, we just added some more 15$ Fourth of July recolors to the in game store.

Oh
Yea, & don't worry we won't add any festivities to holidays, not even some lame fireworks, Na we will wait untill the following Monday to bring back rewind episodes. At least when we do the lights pursuit when they go into the air they go off like fireworks.

Common sense you can't learn from a book. Ain't no college class or degree for it. But yet everyone needs it and not many have it.

Dudes looking like metrosexuals with pony tails and hair lines to the back of there necks will never be able to relate to anything other than?!??

Money. Money up, ppl out, fan boys remain.

Calidorn
07-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I received microsoft points as a birthday present from someone that knows I play Defiance and said, what the heck! I bought 30 tier 3 lockboxes and I got ONE purple out of the 30. No orange, only 1 purple. Two days later I bought a couple of tier 4 boxes and I still did not get a legendary OR PURPLE. I've bought several tier 2, 3, 4 lockboxes and have not got squat. Not even a decent weapon that I have used in combat situations. All those have come from vendors I paid script for. Yet my brother has been able to get 3 oranges from his 6 (yes six) purchases of tier 2 lockboxes. And 4 oranges and 20 purples for his 20 tier 3 lockboxes! 20 tier 3 lockboxes and 6 tier 2 lockboxes have yielded him 7 orange weapons/shields.

I'm 1250 ego and he's 700 ego. I don't understand this. It makes me never want to buy a tier lockbox again!

But what can I do? I have found several purple weapons from vendors that have full synergy like assassin and so forth that I have picked up because I honestly do not think I will ever receive an orange in this game.

It would be nice if there was a vendor that did trades such as you give them weapons and a random calculation of the levels you gave them was implemented and was used to give the player back a different weapon. Like if you gave the vendor 20 purples that is a high enough chance that you will get one orange weapons in the process.

It would reduce game inventory and also morale of losers like myself that will die from scurvy due to no oranges.... ;)

PhonJam
07-29-2013, 05:25 AM
orange might be better, but folks I've asked indicated that their experience is mixed. I'm 2100 and I have no orange weapons. But I've got the idea that "orange" really just creates a market demand (not a slap at vendors, that's an important service for some). The color indicates "rarity" and not "excellence" and of course some of them may well have considerable capability.. BUT apparently not all.

Adrena Chrome
08-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I hate lock boxes. It takes me about 2000 key codes per orange. Doesn't matter what tier... Ego 5k

Xx Big Worm2 xX
08-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Whats up everybody? Oranges are over raided. People paying outrages prices for weapons/shields/grenades, when i can gaurentee you all of my purples are better than 90 percent of the legendaries. Don't go knocking me because i say that either, i have a legendary grind fragger worth 1mil, i have mazu blast rifle 500-1m script, if i sold them, i have a shield 250k, and a couple others so don't knock me, and don't call me a broke scrub, i may not have 10mil script, but who needs script or oranges. I can out damage most of the people in defiance with my purples. Until people actually start realizing the oranges are junk the prices will keep going up. The color is orange, thats why people pay what they do. Which is stupid. Its like buying a caddy because OMG its a caddy. LOL, screw caddies, and screw oranges. Just saying......

FearDaBeard
08-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Whats up everybody? Oranges are over raided. People paying outrages prices for weapons/shields/grenades, when i can gaurentee you all of my purples are better than 90 percent of the legendaries. Don't go knocking me because i say that either, i have a legendary grind fragger worth 1mil, i have mazu blast rifle 500-1m script, if i sold them, i have a shield 250k, and a couple others so don't knock me, and don't call me a broke scrub, i may not have 10mil script, but who needs script or oranges. I can out damage most of the people in defiance with my purples. Until people actually start realizing the oranges are junk the prices will keep going up. The color is orange, thats why people pay what they do. Which is stupid. Its like buying a caddy because OMG its a caddy. LOL, screw caddies, and screw oranges. Just saying......

Its only because of the slight advantage in one extra mod roll. Some people will pay for even the slightest advantage. This drives prices to crazy heights.

Predictable Name
01-19-2015, 01:08 AM
How would i go about joining this Clan? I'm in one currently but not really that satisfied with how active it is. By the way, a big thank you to whoever has served in the military. Most people just don't get that freedom has a price. That's why i plan on enlisting. Anyway, thanks much.

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 01:11 AM
Gather round children as I tell you the story of the confused necromancer....

psic13
06-23-2016, 11:21 AM
ola jogo na versao gratis ps3 eu gostaria de saber de alguem que comprou a dlc arktech revolution . se o inventario de itens permanece em 35 ou aumenta o espaço . e tambem se a capacidade de armazenar chaves permanece em 55 ou aumenta .porque eu gostaria de pegar a lock box da melhor que custa 64 chave + 3000 scrips .

WhiteStrike
06-23-2016, 11:26 AM
ola jogo na versao gratis ps3 eu gostaria de saber de alguem que comprou a dlc arktech revolution . se o inventario de itens permanece em 35 ou aumenta o espaço . e tambem se a capacidade de armazenar chaves permanece em 55 ou aumenta .porque eu gostaria de pegar a lock box da melhor que custa 64 chave + 3000 scrips .

Meu, faz um thread novo.

psic13
06-24-2016, 03:20 PM
ola Jogo na versao gratis ps3 eu gostaria de saber de alguem que Comprou um dlc arktech revolução. se o inventario de itens permanece em 35 OU aumenta o Espaço. e tambem se a CAPACIDADE de armazenar chaves permanece em 55 OU aumenta .porque eu gostaria de Pegar uma caixa de bloqueio da Melhor Que Custa 64 Chave + 3000 scrips.

Johnny Gatt
06-24-2016, 03:57 PM
The boxes are weighted to drop percentages. After that comes the random chance of those items dropping. Same as payouts for slot machines. Winning is random but payouts are not.