PDA

View Full Version : I am happy!!, but I have a ?

Pelusteve
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I recently got my beta invite for Friday :) but I have a question. Is this beta invite only for the stress test that begins Friday?Or is it also for the beta that is going to happen later on? I'm just a little confused.

Bluegame
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
my guess they just doing a stress beta so they need as many people possible to crash servers so this are not real invites!

kaplishkap011
01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
I did not get a beta invite. :confused:

Titchi
01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I recently got my beta invite for Friday :) but I have a question. Is this beta invite only for the stress test that begins Friday?Or is it also for the beta that is going to happen later on? I'm just a little confused.

This invite is just for the stress test.

draxorn
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
we need a dev repsponse on this as any 1 in the EU thats been invited will probably miss the stress test as its 1am our time.
But i reckon your right this is a 1 off invite everyone and any 1 to stress the servers.

Myll_Erik
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
This specific test isn't exactly a beta - its more of a stress test. So if you didn't get invited don't fear, you will have more chances!

This same client will be used in our upcoming beta, so it's well worth downloading and patching!

gromultimas
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
This specific test isn't exactly a beta - its more of a stress test. So if you didn't get invited don't fear, you will have more chances!

This same client will be used in our upcoming beta, so it's well worth downloading and patching!

Well wish me luck then! I've been looking forward too this.

squidgod2000
01-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Yeah, considering the goal of tonight's test is to crash the servers as much as possible, you're really not missing out on much.

Nexpes
01-11-2013, 12:20 PM

But the question still stands for the people who got invited: Is this for the stress test only or can they participate in (every) upcoming beta now?

Dryblood
01-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Sounds good.

BadCompany
01-11-2013, 12:23 PM
But the question still stands for the people who got invited: Is this for the stress test only or can they participate in (every) upcoming beta now?

Or maybe at least get put on the shorter list of people invited to regular beta testing.

Titchi
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM

Read Eriks post again. Your question was answered. No. The invite you recieved is ONLY for the the stress test tonight, nothing else.

DeVante
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
In a lot of betas I have participated in, logging into a stress test = invite to beta later. Lots of people sign up for betas they don't really intend to participate in, but downloading the client and logging in is a good way to show a company you are a good candidate for a beta tester.

Ozium
01-11-2013, 01:06 PM
chances of getting beta invite prob lower if ignore stress test invite :rolleyes:

BerrySenpai90
01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
I did not get a beta invite. :confused:

Try checking your Trion account or your e-mail.

Nexpes
01-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Read Eriks post again. Your question was answered. No. The invite you recieved is ONLY for the the stress test tonight, nothing else.

So I downloaded the client without even knowing if I can participate in the beta's? I don't mind doing the stress test, it just bugs me that it's not so clear from the invite itself :)

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
So I downloaded the client without even knowing if I can participate in the beta's? I don't mind doing the stress test, it just bugs me that it's not so clear from the invite itself :)

If you could DL the client, you can do the test. They don't give non testers the client (normally).

Titchi
01-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Here it is in a nutshell. Anyone who requested Beta access, whether it be for XBOX, PS3, or PC will all (most likely) get an invite to the stress test for tonight. They just want as many people to jump on the server to see if they can crash it so they can optomize the server for beta tests in the coming weeks. If you recieved an invite for tonights stress test this does not mean you have beta access for all the events, you will recieve seperate invites for each beta event.

If you were able to download the client you are able to log in tonight between 6pm and 9pm PST to "stress" the server.

Hopefully, that sums it up for you! :o

Nexpes
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Here it is in a nutshell. Anyone who requested Beta access, whether it be for XBOX, PS3, or PC will all (most likely) get an invite to the stress test for tonight. They just want as many people to jump on the server to see if they can crash it so they can optomize the server for beta tests in the coming weeks. If you recieved an invite for tonights stress test this does not mean you have beta access for all the events, you will recieve seperate invites for each beta event.

If you were able to download the client you are able to log in tonight between 6pm and 9pm PST to "stress" the server.

Hopefully, that sums it up for you! :o

Thanks, this is pretty much everything I wanted to know! :D

Titchi
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks, this is pretty much everything I wanted to know! :D

Perfect! :o

colinsky
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah, considering the goal of tonight's test is to crash the servers as much as possible, you're really not missing out on much.

Of course, if the servers seriously crash it will be tough to track who tried to log in to the stress test and who did not!

Mightus
01-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Also remember like one of them has said the client we have access to now is the same client for all future tests so keep it so when your invited later on at some point you can save alot of time for yourself!:cool:

BadCompany
01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Also remember like one of them has said the client we have access to now is the same client for all future tests so keep it so when your invited later on at some point you can save alot of time for yourself!:cool:

I'm wondering if they'll have a normal closed beta or a bunch of weekend only access. That's probably not the way you want to test your new game out IMHO.

P1nhead
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
This invite is just for the stress test.

:( :(
But until no official has responded for confirmation, hope is still there

Titchi
01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
:( :(
But until no official has responded for confirmation, hope is still there

I have to retract that statement, it was said on the stream that if you are in the beta you are in for all events... If I misunderstood this, please let me know! :D