PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service a joke at Trion?

stormbringer328
05-16-2013, 12:10 PM
So I had an issue with pursuits not registering, like sso many. However, Ihadn't heard anyone else with my issue. So I sent in a help ticket. I am currently skill lvl 13 with cerberus but am not getting pursuit for lvl 5. Clear to see IF you take the minute to check my stats. Took a while, but finally got a response. But wait, it was closed with no resolution!! The message? Thank you forplaying blah blah, but unfortunately there is no known bug with your issue. We can not do anything to help you at this time.

Wow Trion, really? While I'm not really worried about the issue holding me back from 5 ego points, I insulted in your response. Is this customer service? "Sorry you like to play our game, friend, and put money into boosts and costumes. We can't be bothered to help you in any way other than replying with this message."

So pissed right now. Don't even care about the original issue. Your reps can advance pursuits for resetting. Your reps can look at peoples account to see where their skill lvl is. But this rep couldn't be bothered, right?

Blue MTS
05-16-2013, 12:19 PM
They posted the upcoming patch notes, hopefully this sheds some light on the response you got.

Patch 1.016 - Patch Notes
As our team works towards patch release 1.020 (details coming soon). We are working to provide smaller updates and hot-fix issues that can be addressed server side only.

DEFIANCE Patch 1.016
- Fixed an issue with contracts not cycling properly.
- Cluster grenades now properly update kill counts within pursuits.
- Fix for crash caused by using Infectors against a large number of targets in PvP.
- Raised up the interactable object in 'Tracking a Package' to make it easier to access.
- Updated how Pursuits are tracked which resolved a lot of ongoing issues.
- Fixed issue where data recorders in Co-op maps were not always able to be interacted with or could be interacted with more often than designed.
- Addressed a few client side crashes.
- Fixed an issue with final Arkfall boss not spawning.

stormbringer328
05-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Right. I sent this in 2 weeks ago, so didn't know that at the time. It's the response I got.yesterday that gets me. Like I said, it's not the pursuit issue but Trions response. They could have directed me to the patch notes like you did and that would have been acceptable. I love this game. Or the idea behind it. But things like this are what is going to make it fail. Another issue I don't know what to do about is Ibought a clan boost and two hours later joined a different clan. The boost Ihad just paid for did not transfer. Where does it say this? "Beware: you can't take it with you." Would be understandable if boost stayed on the clan it was given, but Iwas a one man clan, made just to boost. Jokes on me.

Blue MTS
05-16-2013, 12:34 PM
You buy something to enhance the clan, it's attached to that clan name. Explanation not needed. Hot Coffee.

MagellanD
05-16-2013, 12:39 PM
So I had an issue with pursuits not registering, like sso many. However, Ihadn't heard anyone else with my issue. So I sent in a help ticket. I am currently skill lvl 13 with cerberus but am not getting pursuit for lvl 5. Clear to see IF you take the minute to check my stats. Took a while, but finally got a response. But wait, it was closed with no resolution!! The message? Thank you forplaying blah blah, but unfortunately there is no known bug with your issue. We can not do anything to help you at this time.

Wow Trion, really? While I'm not really worried about the issue holding me back from 5 ego points, I insulted in your response. Is this customer service? "Sorry you like to play our game, friend, and put money into boosts and costumes. We can't be bothered to help you in any way other than replying with this message."

So pissed right now. Don't even care about the original issue. Your reps can advance pursuits for resetting. Your reps can look at peoples account to see where their skill lvl is. But this rep couldn't be bothered, right?

What do you expect the Support rep to be able to do with your claim besides pass it on to dev for their bugs to fix list?
Give you a free something? Code the fix themselves right then and there?

The response was adequate for the problem stated. There is nothing any Support rep can do with the stats in the game it's a dev issue and they've probably passed it on once or twice already.

Just sayin'

stormbringer328
05-16-2013, 12:59 PM
I asked for no handout. Do not want a handout. So others I play with who tell me their issue was resolved personally by a rep who looked it up and advanced the pursuit are just lying? I don't care about the issue itself. So there is never a point where you put x into something and expect y in return? What I was asking for is easily given. It's is only one of 3 other issue that have gone a similar path. I'm expecting too much when I ask for help. Just seems like we have no recourse when it comes to issues. I don't ask for special treatment or attention to my issue over others. I'd have been fine with ' fixing in nxt patch.' Don't treat me like one of those rage quitters. There is a legit issue with Trion customer support. Good for you if you haven't had issues. I mean that. What recourse do I have when their machine eats my money? There I do feel recompense is necessary. All I want is for the 18 hrs of xp and skill boost reapplied.

MagellanD
05-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I asked for no handout. Do not want a handout. So others I play with who tell me their issue was resolved personally by a rep who looked it up and advanced the pursuit are just lying? I don't care about the issue itself. So there is never a point where you put x into something and expect y in return? What I was asking for is easily given. It's is only one of 3 other issue that have gone a similar path. I'm expecting too much when I ask for help. Just seems like we have no recourse when it comes to issues. I don't ask for special treatment or attention to my issue over others. I'd have been fine with ' fixing in nxt patch.' Don't treat me like one of those rage quitters. There is a legit issue with Trion customer support. Good for you if you haven't had issues. I mean that. What recourse do I have when their machine eats my money? There I do feel recompense is necessary. All I want is for the 18 hrs of xp and skill boost reapplied.

In your original post you didn't really state the resolution you wanted/expected.

I had the issue of the lockboxes not giving me anything when paid for bits and had quite a good resolution with customer support.
Again your original post has to do with the pursuits/contracts not registering.

I still ask what the hell did you want support to do?

Blue MTS
05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
You deleted the "18 hrs" when you deleted your clan. You are asking for a handout. If you ask them nicely through in game support I'm sure they would compensate you for your mistake. Though at this point, well lets just say you gather more bees with honey than with vinegar.

DJTrig
05-16-2013, 02:01 PM
1.010 fixed an issue with the cerberus not adding XP gain so some of us auto-updated and jumped past level 5 which ment the pursuit wasn't triggered.I sent a ticket to support about this and the crater recorder shortly after the update.I recieved what looked like an automated response and replied back to it with further info of being advised on the forums that people were getting these issues fixed by live support (which wont work for me).The next response i got was confirmation that they had advanced both pursuits for me.

stormbringer328
05-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Please tell me where it says if you switch clans your bonus doesn't follow. Please tell me how it makes sense at all? I would agree with you if I was told at some point. But there is no notification that boost will be deleted. That, friend, is a racket. It doesnt make sense. If I add a group boost it follows me if I switch groups. Why should I assume it doesn't work the same way? Vinegar, eh? I was polite and cordial in my message to them the first time. I was polite in the follow up. All I get is a 'sorry, can't do anything for you even though you choose to support our venture when you purchased the game and the bits to add to your exxperience.' You make it sound as if I am asking for too much in wanting a polite response, not a 'sorry for ya' response. How is this asking for a handhout? Or the boost issue? I'm not asking for my money back or for another 5200 bits to make up for their thwarting of my money. That would be a hand out. Again, if what you say is true and clan boost is attached to a specific clan, then why is it different for a group? Because one has a name? Sorry, makes no sense. But whatever. Some people just want to belittle other peoples issues. If it happened to you I'm sure youd be a little upset. Deny it, but you would.