PDA

View Full Version : New Armor? Picture Included

Elgand
05-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I saw someone wearing this about 2 minutes ago. I have never seen this armor before, cannot find it in the store, and cannot find an associated pursuit.

I don't think any of the starter armor looks like this, so I am very confused as to where this came from-

http://i42.tinypic.com/2w4jygp.png

Omnifarious Xji
05-16-2013, 03:48 PM
He's a Pale Wars Ronin. It's a bonus, (think pre-order bonus) but I can't recall from where at the moment, but it's very familiar.

Elgand
05-16-2013, 03:48 PM
The armor is a pre-order bonus?

Myst
05-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Seems like Daft Punk made it into the game, Also I'm not sure that doesn't look like anything pre-order that I have seen. Both the pre-order should be Red AND camouflage ish which I got both of. Nothing that looks like that though in my inventory at all.

crasher
05-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Looks uncomfortable.

I'll bet it's just like a cheap hotel.
No ballroom.

Omnifarious Xji
05-16-2013, 03:55 PM
The armor is a pre-order bonus?
Not pre-order bonus, I was merely using that as an example.

jazz
05-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe something from the ultimate physical edition of the game (the $150 one)

I seem to remember reading that the "Pale Wars Ronin" title came with it :confused:

Omnifarious Xji
05-16-2013, 03:57 PM
We know this person paid at least $150 for the title.

"Defiance Ultimate Edition ($149), available only at GameStop, adds the following to the Collector’s Edition."

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 04:01 PM
i've seen this outfit posted before and have since tried to find info about it.
so far i have found nothing...
i'm beginning to think maybe it is a Trion only outfit or something along those lines...

Myst
05-16-2013, 04:02 PM
We know this person paid at least $150 for the title.

"Defiance Ultimate Edition ($149), available only at GameStop, adds the following to the Collector’s Edition."

Maybe something from the ultimate physical edition of the game (the $150 one)

I seem to remember reading that the "Pale Wars Ronin" title came with it :confused:

Yep I have the title and have yet to see that type of outfit, I guess if I make a male character maybe? But I don't think the female and male heads would change the head armor THAT much o.O

Swampster
05-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I have that title and the Ultimate Edition, but not seen that armour before.

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
found some info:
it's called the riveter outfit. it was in the shop during beta.
no idea how you get it now...

jazz
05-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep I have the title and have yet to see that type of outfit, I guess if I make a male character maybe? But I don't think the female and male heads would change the head armor THAT much o.O

I have been playing Defiance since release day and I have only seen this armor maybe once or twice on the NA servers so I would also be interested in any info anyone can shed on this armor

thejx4
05-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I hope there are some "futuristic" type areas in the game, other than the Dark Matter bases of course. Seriously, is everything decimated? All the outfits feel so out of place.

Myst
05-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I have been playing Defiance since release day and I have only seen this armor maybe once or twice on the NA servers so I would also be interested in any info anyone can shed on this armor

found some info:
it's called the riveter outfit. it was in the shop during beta.
no idea how you get it now...

Aah Hmm let me send Sledge a tweet and hopefully he will either respond to me there or respond here in this thread. :p

AlKpOne
05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
It is called the Riveter Outfit and u get this by pre ordering the game trough gamestop... so everyone who preorder any version of the game on gamestop, receive this outfit.

Info. Tech. support

jazz
05-16-2013, 04:24 PM
It is called the Riveter Outfit and u get this by pre ordering the game trough gamestop... so everyone who preorder any version of the game on gamestop, receive this outfit.

Info. Tech. support

I have no reason to not believe this but it seems strange that I would have hardly ever seen this outfit if it was a Gamestop pre-order item

AlKpOne
05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
I have no reason to not believe this but it seems strange that I would have hardly ever seen this outfit if it was a Gamestop pre-order item

Yes i know, i spent like 6 days finding info about this outfit... it was literally driving me crazy until i contact to tech. support and they confirmed to me that this outfit is a pre order bonus from people who pre order the game on gamestop...

Elgand
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Gamestop pre-order item was the red challenger. I see no indication that a special armor set was also included.

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 04:31 PM
i pre-ordered from gamestop and i don't have it :(

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Aah Hmm let me send Sledge a tweet and hopefully he will either respond to me there or respond here in this thread. :p

awesome. that sounds like the best idea.

MagellanD
05-16-2013, 04:33 PM
I got the gamestop pre order all I got was the camouflage and red ark hunter outfits and the red car. this was not part of my code. I have nothing in my claim items.

jazz
05-16-2013, 04:35 PM
i pre-ordered from gamestop and i don't have it :(

go to your local GS and demand they give you your riveter outfit ;)

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
go to your local GS and demand they give you your riveter outfit ;)

i'm going to! *shakes angry fist*

Myst
05-16-2013, 04:50 PM
i'm going to! *shakes angry fist*

Get mine to please!

Space_Monky
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
ok, i lied. i'm way too lazy for that. :p

i decided to PM sledge instead, hopefully he will be able to help us out.

Myst
05-16-2013, 05:24 PM
ok, i lied. i'm way too lazy for that. :P

i decided to PM sledge instead, hopefully he will be able to help us out.

Yep still waiting on a tweet or something from him. Perhaps he is sitting down to Dinner or something :p

Opus
05-16-2013, 06:29 PM
I preordered the UE from Gamestop way back in February and definitely did not receive this outfit.

I do believe it is the 'Riveter' outfit that was in the store for a very short while before they pulled it. I've seen it once or twice in game. (There's also another thread about this outfit that was started several weeks ago.)

LastAyleidKing
05-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Anyone else notice that char also has Nolan's pistol which would also appear to be unobtainable....based on that direction of deduction one can only conclude that...this continues to be a mystery the world MAY NEVER SOLVE! dum dum duuuummmm

but seriously who knows sometimes....Im still pissed they pulled the racing pro shops and that dam defense I saw the race shop had enough tokens for 1 challenger had some stuff to do kept debating whether or not to jump on that challenger...come back oh look all those shops are gone lol great white buffalo moment....
Im gonna hold off buying anything till castithan release sounds like best investment of money is to wait...unless those challengers appear...

RequiemPrime
06-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Sorry to necro this thread. But over the past few days I have been seeing this outfit more frequently.

This is the kicker though.....ONLY new players are wearing this. Every single one of them. Not one has had an EGO rating over 250, NOT ONE. And most are barely over a 100 on their EGO ratings.

So...I really find it hard to believe that all these players are wearing an outfit that the got in a preorder a couple of months ago...and just started playing the game.

Omnifarious Xji
06-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Sorry to necro this thread. But over the past few days I have been seeing this outfit more frequently.

This is the kicker though.....ONLY new players are wearing this. Every single one of them. Not one has had an EGO rating over 250, NOT ONE. And most are barely over a 100 on their EGO ratings.

So...I really find it hard to believe that all these players are wearing an outfit that the got in a preorder a couple of months ago...and just started playing the game.
It's an item in the bits store now.

Rakshasa
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM

It's a new buyer promotion item:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?80164-New-digital-items-for-picking-up-standard-edition-from-Gamestop

RIPPER
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
It from GameStop those who pre order the game got what they got after a few weeks they put out this one got to GameStop website and check for yourself last I checked it was there with a new weapon called the purifier. It's just to get new people to buy it now

kev2841
06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
You get it from buying a new Defiance from gamestop it's an in game bonus along with an LMG and 15 inventory slots

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/defiance/106639

That guy
06-04-2013, 11:45 AM
If you buy Defiance online at gamestop you get the pack with that outfit and a wep and +15 inventory but you need power up rewards and you need to buy the game

That guy
06-04-2013, 11:45 AM
No its a shotgun^^

Zabuza
06-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Can I use my power up rewards to get the outfit?

Nefarious
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Can I use my power up rewards to get the outfit?

Something that would actually be fun and worth while to spend Power Up Rewards points on???

Not in this life time

Buruko
06-04-2013, 03:57 PM
If you can use Powerup Points to buy a copy of Defiance you sure can.

This is from purchasing a NEW copy of Defiance from GameStop.

A Frikn Grizzly
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I saw someone wearing this about 2 minutes ago. I have never seen this armor before, cannot find it in the store, and cannot find an associated pursuit.

I don't think any of the starter armor looks like this, so I am very confused as to where this came from-

I am 90% sure that is the armor you get from buying the game as of about a week ago...armor, helmet, shotgun, and something else I think

Ol Devious One
06-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Buy. Obtain code from receipt. Return unopened game.

DawnFang
06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Is it just me, or is he holding Nolan/Coopers pistol in that screen shot?

Gratty
06-04-2013, 05:42 PM
5 pages is a lot to read, and the answer is probably already here... But it is the Riveter Armor. A Gamestop exclusive given to Power Up Rewards members that purchase the game. This is after 2 months, and we have no chance of getting that armor unless we buy another copy of Defiance... what a shame...

Ol Devious One
06-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Is it just me, or is he holding Nolan/Coopers pistol in that screen shot?

Oh snap. He is too! Where'd did he get that?

I thought the gun that came with it was the "Purifier" shotgun.

IGears
06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
It's a new buyer promotion item:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?80164-New-digital-items-for-picking-up-standard-edition-from-Gamestop

this /10char

Durva360
06-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh snap. He is too! Where'd did he get that?

I thought the gun that came with it was the "Purifier" shotgun.

It could be a dev wearing it since that picture was taken a while back. The promotion is something that recently started at Gamestop.

Hiero Glyph
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm more offended that Trion is giving away +15 inventory slots to new players while all the long-time players get is broken patches. We never did get any compensation for the day of downtime from patch 1.020 either.

Chidy1776
06-04-2013, 07:42 PM

That armor is currently from a gamestop bonus if u buy the game new. It will b available in the store later on according to sledgehamer.

Phatdaddy Stl
06-05-2013, 08:19 AM
this is a new offer from gamestop if you buy the game new you get this outfit a new shotgun and 15+ inv slots check it out but you have to be a power up rewards member to get it

Reverend Blood
06-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm more offended that Trion is giving away +15 inventory slots to new players while all the long-time players get is broken patches. We never did get any compensation for the day of downtime from patch 1.020 either.

Because the game isn't subscription based. You didn't lose anything by not being able to play for a day.

Myst
06-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Actually we did get something it was more along the lines of a week or two worth of boosts. Which yeah means nothing in comparison to the +15 inventory I suppose.

RequiemPrime
06-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for clarification guys. The sudden mass influx of Riveters everywhere was actually kind of alarming.

Hiero Glyph
06-05-2013, 10:21 AM
@RequiemPrime

If you think that is alarming, you should see how Gamestop feels about the sudden mass influx of unopened Defiance returns. I'm sure Trion is still counting these as new games sales though.