PDA

View Full Version : Wait, so -Accuracy is good?

Umbra Warrior
05-16-2013, 04:12 PM
God, how could they mess up something as simple as an accuracy stat? It's almost like they're just trolling everyone. Higher Accuracy is always good and less is always bad. So why is it that all the scopes have minus accuracy? I heard somewhere that accuracy is actually bullet spread, which would make sense. Can someone please explain what they were trying to do here? I mean, maybe the mods saying -x Accuracy are supposed to say +x. I just don't know.

Kenshin42
05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I added a scope to my gun and it gave me -accuracy. Im not sure if it is good or bad. Like you get the bonus of looking through a scope but lose accuracy in the process?

Ryan
05-16-2013, 05:16 PM
I've seen people argue it both ways. I don't know if anyone knows the truth.
With my experience they really don't change my guns for the worse. They don't seem to make them more accurate ether, but the mods change the scope which I like very much so I continue to apply them.

dejarnat
05-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I put a bugged level 3 scope on a semi auto sniper rifle once. Before I put the scope mod on, it worked fine. I put all 4 mods on for the pursuit as I didn't really care about using it and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn afterwards. Lame.....

Umbra Warrior
05-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Then it seems these might also be bugged. Personally, I vote for scopes having no passive stat boost and only effect the design and zoom size of the scope. So there would be Red Dot, HOLO, and 2X, 4X, 6X, 8X, 12X, and 24X scopes. If they want something to effect accuracy, then there should be barrel mods that do that. This would also make it so players had to choose between raw damage or accuracy.

mikepaul
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I think the +0.30 and -0.30 scopes have different jobs. One is for distance improvement, the other for close. The fact that they might be backwards is frustrating.

I put a scope on my Plague Bringer and now the shots are WAY off. The splat mark sometimes appears meters away from the dot on the scope. Starting over will scrap the decent mods it has. Hoping an eventual fix will resurrect it...

born2beagator
05-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they are bugged. Every scope I have used has made the gun less accurate

messiii
05-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Nothing is perfect.You should give the personnel to verify it, right?

GodBunny
05-16-2013, 08:50 PM
its very simple... they have both extra accuracy and less accuracy... some people like to aim and hit exactly where they want... some like to spray and pray so to say... it is just like OP said, bullet spread... as for snipers having so many types it is different once you zoom in... go ahead check em out they look different....

less accuracy means more targets hit or yea honestly not sure this would be anything i might want but it may help some type of players...

also -10 accuracy can help shotguns have more spread, best use i can think of, like the birdshot... or other x12 shots... anyways ya... it is what it is

UsuallyDope
05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm assuming their "Accuracy" stat is just a spread, in which case, -.2 Accuracy would lead to a smaller spread, which would be an increase over distance in your guns accuracy.