PDA

View Full Version : can you hear me?

rhmckendree
05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I just purchased a blu-tooth head set but I cant hear a thing. Now before the smatasses ring in I have made sure its not on mute and the chat settings are not muted either and when I check it an the ps3 accessories check it works. Do I need to be a member of a group to hear or should I be able to hear anyone with a mic?

MrNiresist
05-16-2013, 06:20 PM
If you press the down button on the d-pad at anytime in game, it will cycle you between 4 chat setting: yellow (area), dark blue (team on PvP), green (group), and light blue (clan). If someone with a mic is speaking in any of the 4 chat settings above, then the corresponding color will blink. Most people on ps3 don't seem to have a mic, so it might just be that no one is talking instead of you not being able to hear anyone. Hope this helps.

Rokea
05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
I just purchased a blu-tooth head set but I cant hear a thing. Now before the smatasses ring in I have made sure its not on mute and the chat settings are not muted either and when I check it an the ps3 accessories check it works. Do I need to be a member of a group to hear or should I be able to hear anyone with a mic?
Its glitchy right now, I know I had to do the same thing I do with dcuo you have to power up the ps3 then start the game

TheDark1
05-16-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm having a similar issue. Seems to work fine in Acc settings, but in game...

...maybe I'm just not popular.

jerodatgm
05-16-2013, 06:53 PM
I have a PS3 bluetooth and a Turtle Beach PX21-something-or-other. With my bluetooth, I can't seem to hear people as well as with the regular headset. As far as people hearing me goes, either are very reliable in group chat. Area and clan are 50/50 at best. I always seem to be able to hear everyone else fine, but people hearing me is another thing. Don't know if it's a phase thing or what.

rhmckendree
05-16-2013, 08:33 PM
thanks for the advice, someone was finally on with a mic and it worked

drackiller
05-17-2013, 07:10 AM
... Most people on ps3 don't seem to have a mic, so it might just be that no one is talking instead of you not being able to hear anyone. Hope this helps.

I think that most people choose not to speak, i have a mic and i prefer to type in THIS game.
When i play COD i allways use a mic.
People are not bonding properly in this game and that is really a pitty.

TheDark1
05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
People are not bonding properly in this game and that is really a pitty.

Im thinking the bonding effect is more of an offline friends that are playing together than a meet and greet kind of thing. The amount of players who dont have a headset for voice communicating is a little daunting too and keeps actual interaction kind of limited. the text chat is pretty close to useless being hidden most of the time unless you constantly pull it up to check. And unless you have the controller keypad, youre going to spend an incredible amount of time black screened while you try texting, all the while the game rolls on. Im certainly not feeling the "community vibe" except for here on the forums, where most of the bonding going on is by the people who are tired of the bugs, lags, lack of content, lack of new content, lack of playability, lack of customization, lack of a good game.... eh.. i dont know. i like it. i'd like it more if my voice comm worked and there were actually people interacting. mostly all i hear are people cussing at themselves or standing around trying to trade stuff. seems like the people who are playing arent talking much. but i guess that's because theyre busy playing.

dunno.

drackiller
05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Im thinking the bonding effect is more of an offline friends that are playing together than a meet and greet kind of thing. The amount of players who dont have a headset for voice communicating is a little daunting too and keeps actual interaction kind of limited. the text chat is pretty close to useless being hidden most of the time unless you constantly pull it up to check. And unless you have the controller keypad, youre going to spend an incredible amount of time black screened while you try texting, all the while the game rolls on. Im certainly not feeling the "community vibe" except for here on the forums, where most of the bonding going on is by the people who are tired of the bugs, lags, lack of content, lack of new content, lack of playability, lack of customization, lack of a good game.... eh.. i dont know. i like it. i'd like it more if my voice comm worked and there were actually people interacting. mostly all i hear are people cussing at themselves or standing around trying to trade stuff. seems like the people who are playing arent talking much. but i guess that's because theyre busy playing.

dunno.

Agree, but perhaps people also don`t use mic due to the problems in voice chat.

I really don`t have a problem typing cause i have an old Logitch keyboard that i used im my PS2 when i played RTA :)
Just need to press ENTER and the KB gets active.
But yes, the community is much alive here.