PDA

View Full Version : Orange prices way too high?

Youkai Risu
05-16-2013, 07:43 PM
So everyone knows that most oranges are really too high but the real question must be asked is us buyers jacking up our own costs? Scrip is easy to come by but 230,000 scrip for a shield that I can get for 10,000 scrip just because its purple. And before people say I don't have good stuff or can't afford it: I have 8 oranges, 18 purples, and 20 blues and several greens and whites. But honestly it's stupid at the prices us buyers pay for oranges that aren't even that good.

mbergeron
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
People will always overpay for the orange guns and most of the times it is simply because they are orange. The prices are based on what the buyer values it at and what the community will rack up the prices during an auction. It won't change until people start to put low bids for the seller and the seller is forced to go to the lower amounts or do something else with the weapons.

Youkai Risu
05-16-2013, 08:01 PM
So simply put we are digging our own graves ? I don't mind selling at lower cost. I don't think it's fair to sell anything except a super rare shield or rare sniper with a nice synergy for 100,000 or higher.

Omnifarious Xji
05-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Just like the real world. If the consumer is wiling to pay me 45k for a simple mod, then I'm going to charge him 45k for it.

FlippyCake
05-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Meh. I scrap purples all the time since I've found plenty of blues that are better.

Arledge Namkce
05-17-2013, 12:19 AM
I believe that there will always be am economy that ppl exploit. I agree with nef a item is worth as much as someone will pay for it. IF they ever add an AH the prices will be even more ridiculous. IJS

Skarth
05-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Let me give you a very rough rundown of in-game economy.

Legendaries are only earned through lockboxes with random rewards. To get a single good legendary can take a 1,000 keycodes quite literally. even then, I would say the odds are against you.

Spending 500k for a single good quality legendary is a bargain, because you know exactly what you are getting, and are getting it immediately.

Scrip has little actual use in game, after a certain point, the only items you buy from a vendor are Tier III mods and the odd purple with amazing stats. You'll stockpile loads of scrip easily. SO spending that scrip on a good legendary, even if it is expensive, is one of the few uses left for scrip.

LifeExpectancy
05-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Scrip are like pesos, or the yen. They are mostly worthless. So getting something of value to you for loads of worthless crap is a steal at any "price".

jackdaws_1999
05-17-2013, 01:31 AM
I have been watching the price of orange guns over the last few weeks, there are definately some chancers who will charge silly money for guns, there are also people who refuse to pay anything for guns and give you grief for trying to get what a weapons worth. I use a simple guide to weapon prices and avoid silly beggers pricing. Pistols start at 35k, BMGs at 40k, Assault Rifles at 45k, Auto Shottys at 35k, Bolt action snipers at 45k, infectors at 40k, Detonators at 30k, Launchers at 30k, LMGs at 45k, Smgs at 35k, Semi snipers at 40k. Certain synergies add to the values of guns, the most noticeable is Assasin for most accurate guns (sniper, pistol, assaults etc) adds about 20k. Plus nano effects also affect pricing, depending on the people, Syphon can add a further 20k to a gun (northstar flare etc).

jackdaws_1999
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
However the area I think the money is going to get silly in is Synergy Mods. The chance of getting the right synergy mod for the right slot with the right stats on it are almost infintesimal (unless your after brutal, in which case they are ten a penny). Until they fix the drop rates for mods from boxes etc they are going to be silly money.

Sdric
05-17-2013, 01:46 AM
What else do you do with your money?
T4 boxes don't rain down from heaven like they used to.

barium
05-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Scrip are like pesos, or the yen. They are mostly worthless. So getting something of value to you for loads of worthless crap is a steal at any "price".

mostly??? what do you even spend scrip on other then death costs? only thing i ever spent it on was 500 scrip vechicles but since they put a stop to that i have nothing to spend it on at all. absolutely nothing. its the only reason i wont bother selling my oranges. ill just level them then break em down cause i can actually use that green currency(cant remember name of it atm sorry). mabey ill keep em but the 3 or 4 oranges i got so far are complete garbage :(

PitBull76
05-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Just like the real world. If the consumer is wiling to pay me 45k for a simple mod, then I'm going to charge him 45k for it.

Much like the real world, the consumer dictates the price for the most part. If people weren't willing to pay 200K for a weapon, then nobody would sell them for that price. If you feel something is priced too high then don't buy it. If everyone does that then the prices will start to drop.

Jokerzwild
05-17-2013, 02:32 AM
I'm surprised it isn't much higher considering how much you spend just trying to get one and a random what at that. You could spend $50 real money and still not get one. 100-200k scip seems very fair to me.

Cephious
05-17-2013, 02:39 AM
However the area I think the money is going to get silly in is Synergy Mods. The chance of getting the right synergy mod for the right slot with the right stats on it are almost infintesimal (unless your after brutal, in which case they are ten a penny). Until they fix the drop rates for mods from boxes etc they are going to be silly money.

this ^-^ the right synergy mods will eventually surpass legendary guns in selling prices, dependent on rarity

nitroz76
05-17-2013, 02:59 AM

If you are a dealer, offer financing so you will eventually get more than MSRP for it.

Youkai Risu
05-17-2013, 03:55 AM
The real question is: What price is taking advantage of a poor drop rate of loot boxes (most players from ego 0-2000 might see 1 orange from what I ve seen.) I mean yes people will pay 200000 for a crappy orange because they want bragging rights but is it honest and positive to the community ?

Dack
05-17-2013, 04:28 AM
The reasons prices are soon high is because dumb people will pay that...
FACT

AmnesiaHaze
05-17-2013, 04:32 AM
The reasons prices are soon high is because dumb people will pay that...
FACT

are you mad because you dont have a orange gun and cant afford the scripts people ask for it? :D

Nyymi
05-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Scrip is easy to come by

I think i once had 30k so i really dont see how someone can swim in script unless they have done some trading, so only option would be vendoring and if so then imo you have been losing alot. 100sc VS 250AS(white), 200sc VS 500AS(green) etc.. only purples are worth to vendor as they have almost same yeld in both scrip and salvage.

For example would you rather take one keycode(2xgreens)or 400script? i personally pick first option as SC is pretty much useless unless you are planning to do trading.

Durva360
05-17-2013, 04:35 AM
If someone wants to offer me 500k or more for my orange wolfhound with assassin synergy let them. However I have no intentions of ever selling it.

Dack
05-17-2013, 04:48 AM
are you mad because you dont have a orange gun and cant afford the scripts people ask for it? :D
Actually I have an orange nade, shield & 8 guns.
Also over 600k scrip.
I'm just stating a fact of why people think an orange item is worth so much.
But hey, wanna buy some oranges for 100k? Noob. :rolleyes:

jackalom
05-17-2013, 04:58 AM
There is obviously a living, breathing out of game market which is something beautiful to behold. Much like diamonds, made of carbon, a common element, our special items which are indeed rarer carry an artificial value, set by the dealer and paid by a willing consumer, with disposable scrip of course. Many of the buyers of these fellow ark hunter acquire d weapons are already aware of the costs in time and money involved in acquiring such weapons, so they are willing to pay the extra amount.

I on the otherhahand like the traditional way with a touch of benevolence. I enjoy playing the lock box lotto and do not save scrip or ark salvage or key codes. Most I have had at 1 time is 20k scrip, 40k ark, and 75 keys during the contest. I gravitate towards purple and have 3 oranges. Blues, greens, and sometimes white, I level up and then scrap or just scrap from the get go. I have sold purple items for 2.5k scrip because I have had too many, I have also given away maxed out purple weapons.

jackalom
05-17-2013, 05:25 AM
So everyone knows that most oranges are really too high but the real question must be asked is us buyers jacking up our own costs? Scrip is easy to come by but 230,000 scrip for a shield that I can get for 10,000 scrip just because its purple. And before people say I don't have good stuff or can't afford it: I have 8 oranges, 18 purples, and 20 blues and several greens and whites. But honestly it's stupid at the prices us buyers pay for oranges that aren't even that good.. I did a personal break down, I have earned 295k lifetime scrip. I right now have 4.3k scrip. Safe to say I have spent 250k on lock boxes, taking out for vehicles, weapons, and mods...I have 3 oranges, meaning each orange is about 80 k value in scrip average wise for me.

WhtN1NJ4
05-17-2013, 07:29 AM
I wish there were difficult special event missions that awarded random weapons of higher rarity depending on the difficulty. Legendary weapons don't necessarily mean your a good player it means you have a lot of money, which can be obtained through a lot of arkfalls.

Zabuza
05-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Not too high. Supply and Demand.

Besides I would never sell an Oj for worthless currency. I'm only into that Oj on Oj action.

Miserere
05-17-2013, 08:10 AM
There will always be someone out there who is willing to fork out the money. Until there isn't, you won't see the price change.