PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Sensoth?

Nefarious
05-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I think the one they use in the TV show to portray the Sensoth is horrible. Its just one big rubber mask. If it stays like this then there could never be an indepth Sensoth character.

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/sites/defiance/files/styles/gallery_onecolumn_image/public/aliens_sensoth.jpg

Then we have Torc. He is awesome. Yet his features are different then that of the ones on the show. His shoulders are more broad and he has more fluent movement along with better posture. His bottom jaw actually moves when he speaks to pronounce words unlike the one on TV show.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130328184717/aliens/images/2/27/Sensoth-torc-mok.png

When I first saw Torc his look reminded me of Ice T's character in the movie tank girl. This movie was made in 1995. And yet it looks better then what we have now for a TV show in 2013.

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/2012/June/Comedy/ice_t_tank.jpg

I do hope the Sensoths on the Show change quick and resemble Torc. It would be weird to see the Race look one way then a season or 2 later they look and act totally different.

Traxx
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Good call on the Tank Girl movie, it still plays on TV now and then.

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah I think they need to up the sensoths a bit. Kinda look like '70s Planet of the Apes masks...

Myst
05-16-2013, 08:52 PM
So far I've noticed transitions aren't the best, in terms of Nolan and Irisa it works out fine but when Rynn transferred over her hair just randomly changed and wasn't as long. So I guess they may just end up making a sub species of Sensoth's instead to account for this and different looks. It would give them a way to try different make-ups and such as well.

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 08:55 PM
So far I've noticed transitions aren't the best, in terms of Nolan and Irisa it works out fine but when Rynn transferred over her hair just randomly changed and wasn't as long. So I guess they may just end up making a sub species of Sensoth's instead to account for this and different looks. It would give them a way to try different make-ups and such as well.

I just assumed she chopped her locks to have a differing look and be less recognizable. She was essentially a fugitive after all, and apparently there was a bounty involved. Just how I think it tho...

Myst
05-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I just assumed she chopped her locks to have a differing look and be less recognizable. She was essentially a fugitive after all, and apparently there was a bounty involved. Just how I think it tho...

Seems like it didn't help when the fuzz was still on her :p People still recognized her especially Cooper so I think it just came down to not being able to do the long dreads, but either eh maybe that will be an explanation.

Wraieth
05-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Naaa that little wimpy dude she left with was a hair dresser, lol

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Naaa that little wimpy dude she left with was a hair dresser, lol

LMAO I forgot all about that idiot 2nd husband that went with her... What a feeb. Maybe if we are lucky it will turn out he became a pile of Hellbug shtako before they got to the next town LOL

Wraieth
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
LMAO I forgot all about that idiot 2nd husband that went with her... What a feeb. Maybe if we are lucky it will turn out he became a pile of Hellbug shtako before they got to the next town LOL

Not to derail the thread but since we mentioned the last episode. did anyone else feel like we was watching a teen sex scene when irisa and the deputy was going at it. idk why maybe its because of my twin daughters but it was kinda uncomfortable to watch.

T_Archangel
05-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Not to derail the thread but since we mentioned the last episode. did anyone else feel like we was watching a teen sex scene when irisa and the deputy was going at it. idk why maybe its because of my twin daughters but it was kinda uncomfortable to watch.

Didn't bother me to be honest but everyone will have their own personal feelings. They do have the show with an M rating so I guess it didn't shock me. Personally I know it's all part of character development, but I'd still rather see more of the story and the terraformed world than the 3 or 4 alluded & implied sex scenes we have scene in the 5 eps. Plus... Anyone else notice the odd duct tape fetish they seem to have? Lol

Natjur
05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Torc looks so different to the Sensoth in the show and on the wiki and concept art, I thought he was a different race all together. (like an ugly Irathient)

http://images.wikia.com/aliens/images/0/07/Sensoth-raider.jpg

Zemenar
05-16-2013, 10:16 PM
People still recognized her especially Cooper so I think it just came down to not being able to do the long dreads

Hmm was pretty sure Cooper didnt know who Rynn was. Just got word of an escape convict, found you on the wrong side of a pistol wielding Irathient - who conviently was wearing a prison jacket - and kinda put 2+2 = 7.

As for the Sensoth, im really really hoping the 2? we've seen are just overly hairy planet of the ape masks to cut a few costs during filming lol. If we get one that plays a more than minor role in one the future hopefully they'll look more Torc like or at least explain the differences. Could just be simply that the 2 we've seen so far are much much much older than Torc is, they do live almost 200 years plenty of time to grow all that hair and toughen up your skin....... OR!

Torc is the female equiv of a Sensoth, dun dun dun! There. I said it! *leaps and hides behind a monarch* :p

shadowkin
05-16-2013, 10:21 PM

Her hair was just up.

And yeah torc vs the show is wtfffff. In the show they sound like gorillas, yet torc.... torc..... O_O

Leold
05-16-2013, 10:57 PM
They definitely should have some more variation with Sensoths in the show, so far it looks like they use the same one for every Sensoth character. My parents recently watched the second episode where the Sensoth miner backs up Rafe and Nolan in the confrontation with Datak over Elah Bandik. My dad asked me if that guy was everyone's henchman and just happened to be on the clock for Rafe at the moment lol, it certainly doesn't look like there's a whole race of Sensoth in Defiance when they just dress the one up in different clothes.

Classymadman
05-16-2013, 10:58 PM
the only race that i wish was in this game. instead we have the ugo alien race without eyebrows and giangantic foreheads and the humans who either look like downies or drug addicts

jackalom
05-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Torc looks so different to the Sensoth in the show and on the wiki and concept art, I thought he was a different race all together. (like an ugly Irathient)

http://images.wikia.com/aliens/images/0/07/Sensoth-raider.jpg that looks more like the raiders sensoth that says contact before shooting rpgs.

Shadewhip
05-16-2013, 11:18 PM

The way I see it, if you're comfortable watching watching people being brutally publically tortured, murdered, eaten alive, a hellbug graphically bursting through a man's chest, innocent people dragged off to be drained of their adreno fluids, a crazy old ex-mayor trying to massacre an entire town for whatever reason, an innocent little girl tortured by castithans and attacked by a snake, the local crime lord casually breaking a man's wrist while his psycho scheming wife distracts the man's children with food [I could go on].. then a mild sex scene should be the least of your worries

Oh, what am I saying. Society has some bizarre, irrational aversion to scenes of love, or nudity. But shooting somebody's head off is fine.

KeevanSixx
05-17-2013, 12:11 AM
budget constraints....that's why we see a metric butt ton of castithans (it's easy and cheap to slap whiteface and airbrush a little blue here and there to a bunch of extras) but only a handfull of Indogene, sensoths, and liberatas....maybe in season 2, they'll bump up the makeup department a bit, and we'll get to see more of the latter and less of the former. right now, it feels like defiance is full of humans and castithans, with a token smattering of the other races. It feels like they are trying to say "look! we're multicultural" with only 2 cards and a handfull of jokers in the deck.

don't get me wrong, i like the show.....it's a little slow for me right now, and a little too overdramatic ( unnessesary gratuitous random booty calls), but it's better than watching reality Tv any day....

Shogo_Yahagi
05-17-2013, 06:56 AM

If you look at her from the side, it looks like they've been gathered together and tied into a bun... err... thing. I suspect it was done to simplify the character model.

Agent Jack
05-17-2013, 07:04 AM
budget constraints indeed, hopefully it will go the way of the original stargate. When that started off cgi and makeup etc. wasnt that great but after a couple of seasons they got the budget and it was movie quality for the most part. Hopefully Defiance stays on the screens that long, feels like theres plenty of scope to keep it interesting for a decent run

Briee
05-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Plus... Anyone else notice the odd duct tape fetish they seem to have? Lol

Odd? No, they just don't have any Hustler stores in the future to purchase intimate toys. On the plus side, it did raise my girlfriends interest at the beginning of ep 4.

Khal
05-17-2013, 07:12 AM
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/sites/defiance/files/styles/gallery_onecolumn_image/public/aliens_sensoth.jpg

Looks like B.A. Baracus is out of crack?

But seriously i don't know what to think of the costumes, in general they are or at least look kinda low budget so i am not really paying attention at them. Just trying to enjoy the show without thinking too much.

Tyger
05-17-2013, 07:49 AM
I know this might come way out of right field but...

What if what we're seeing is a seditary/servile group of Sensoths and Torc simply defines what a physically fit Sensy is supposed to look like. The lore does point out that he was part of the Voltanis crew and tech you would assume he would need to be quick on his feet for combat. Granted the 3 or so Sensy's the show has displayed make it tough to argue, but it could just be that those particular ones are just chubby boom-booms.

Look at it this way. The human race is geneticly identical in regards of what makes a human being a 'human,' but take 10 random humans and you're going to have atleast one butterball standing in the lineup.

RegularX
05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
It's also interesting that the Indogene in the game is portrayed as extremely robotic - whereas the Indogene doctor in the show is very sarcastic and witty.

We also just got an ounce of depth on a Bio-man in a recent episode, so I wouldn't bet against a Sensoth showing up somewhere with more than a few grunts for dialoge.

jackalom
05-17-2013, 09:01 AM
It's also interesting that the Indogene in the game is portrayed as extremely robotic - whereas the Indogene doctor in the show is very sarcastic and witty.

We also just got an ounce of depth on a Bio-man in a recent episode, so I wouldn't bet against a Sensoth showing up somewhere with more than a few grunts for dialoge.

Hopefully those grunts aren't during a booty call scene at the Need/Want, our resident censors will call it **********!

Miserere
05-17-2013, 09:06 AM
I hope they change them. I love Torc. He is pretty BA and one of my favorite characters by far in the game. But when you compare him to the show, it makes me go, "Eh?!"

Noting on that, is it me or have most of the Sensoths that we've seen in the show kind of...low IQ? (I know we don't see them much just basing it on what we have)

Saravind
05-17-2013, 09:25 AM
i just figured that the sensoths in the show were old since they do live to 200 avg and figured torc was young with his attitude

Nefarious
05-17-2013, 11:03 AM
i just figured that the sensoths in the show were old since they do live to 200 avg and figured torc was young with his attitude

The way I looked at it to justify the ones on the Show is that the Sensoths were enslaved by Castithans long long ago. And the old ones (the ones that we see on the show who take on the rolls of being brusers and lackys) are still set with the mind set of the old ways. Not that they are still slaves but in that the old Sensoth generation just kinda kept with the tradition. Where as Torc is 90 years old or something lol and in Sensoth years thats 33 and is just part of a younger generation who were brought up and raised differently. Hence Torcs out going attitude compiared to the TV show ones who are very quite and obedient.

Dack
05-17-2013, 11:16 AM

Nope, didn't bother me at all.
But...
This is the third time I've seen you post about "teen sex" and your "daughters".
I find that more disturbing then a bland sex scene in a TV show..

Texas2SteponUrGrave
05-17-2013, 11:19 AM

Anything goes in the post apocalyptic world of Defiance! even pedophilia

Lindrei
05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Anything goes in the post apocalyptic world of Defiance! even pedophilia

Excuse me sir but we have rules for apocalypses, if we didn't we would have anarchy not an apocalypse.

Texas2SteponUrGrave
05-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Excuse me sir but we have rules for apocalypses, if we didn't we would have anarchy not an apocalypse.

nuh uh!! nuh uh!!!

I'm just waiting for some of the hot ******-hellbug cosplay fanfic stuff to hit the forums..... word on the street is its going to be hawt!

Ensu
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
nuh uh!! nuh uh!!!

I'm just waiting for some of the hot ******-hellbug cosplay fanfic stuff to hit the forums..... word on the street is its going to be hawt!

He was shy. I liked that about him. Beneath the vast, upturned flower of an alien hybrid, I kissed him. His skin was hard and chafed my lips. When I kissed him again on the tip of a long, sharp claw, he chittered, and ducked his head.

With a moment of trepidation, I pulled back. Afraid that I'd moved too fast, that I'd blown it.

He took the next step. He scuttled close, and nuzzled against my arm. I lifted my hand and he leaned into it, pressing it back to my shoulder. I curled over him, and kissed the top of his carapace...

Blackwolfe
05-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Torc > Any sensoth in the show so far!

Nefarious
05-18-2013, 10:41 AM
The Threads "Best Of"

These made me lol

They definitely should have some more variation with Sensoths in the show, so far it looks like they use the same one for every Sensoth character. My parents recently watched the second episode where the Sensoth miner backs up Rafe and Nolan in the confrontation with Datak over Elah Bandik. My dad asked me if that guy was everyone's henchman and just happened to be on the clock for Rafe at the moment lol

the only race that i wish was in this game. instead we have the ugo alien race without eyebrows and giangantic foreheads and the humans who either look like downies or drug addicts

This is the third time I've seen you post about "teen sex" and your "daughters".
I find that more disturbing then a bland sex scene in a TV show..