PDA

View Full Version : New TV missions..........

Arledge Namkce
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Anyone else find these extremely easy and not very fulfilling? it just seemed like they were quickly thrown in there to appease people with "new content". was this the first TV add after irisa and Nolan left? im just curious not looking for a "hey look another post about this".

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Yes this was the first actual tv tie in content(the other stuff they "added" doesn't count at all, achievements are not content) that they advertised and hyped up and yes it was lackluster compared to the previous prelude missions. As for being thrown in there, who knows. The way they argued the continuity with the show for pulling the previous episode content, and their advertisements and live stream hyping, one would've assumed that they had these missions lined up ahead of time and there would've been more to them.

However, that doesn't mean it was all bad. The bunker and the AI was really stepped up. They just need to work on keeping that and flesh out the story side. NO MORE DATA RECORDERS. It's lazy and impersonal and just tossing them in random locations is even more lazy.

As for being easy, this content was actually noticeably more difficult than most of the content in the game.

Arledge Namkce
05-17-2013, 12:30 AM
don't get me wrong I enjoyed the content I just thought it a lil "meh". I was happy there were no data recorders but I just wanted to see more interaction with whats her name. I remember reading that when a character was removed from the show they were moved to the game until they were brought back to the show. just seemed like it should've been longer.

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 12:35 AM
There were data recorders.

Arledge Namkce
05-17-2013, 12:38 AM

lol were there? OMG ITS HAPPENED! ive done so many of these ridiculous missions they've all run together!

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
lol were there? OMG ITS HAPPENED! ive done so many of these ridiculous missions they've all run together!

In fact, the majority of the "missions" were just fetching data recorders in locations in the middle of no where that had nothing to do with the recorder itself with a few mobs around them.

Seemed like Trion was flipping the bird to people because there have been complaints about the data recorders for a while. Data recorders are not new content, they're lazy ways of injecting "story"

DaMaJaDiZ
05-17-2013, 01:59 AM

Wait a gosh darned minute...

You're not Alexander Skarsgard!!!!!!

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Wait a gosh darned minute...

You're not Alexander Skarsgard!!!!!!

Of course not. I am Eric Northman, I hail from Íland and you will bow before your king.

Fiancee
05-17-2013, 02:06 AM
I dont think they're meant to be the main feature.. for people like me who've played alot of MMOs can appreciate those as they are something cool every week, what you wouldnt normally get. Keep in my Trion/Syfy is doing experimental stuff with Defiance. Most of their resouerces goes forward to 5 dlcs.

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 02:08 AM
I dont think they're meant to be the main feature.. for people like me who've played alot of MMOs can appreciate those as they are something cool every week, what you wouldnt normally get. Keep in my Trion/Syfy is doing experimental stuff with Defiance. Most of their resouerces goes forward 5 dlcs.

The advertisements of the transmedia experience and how they hyped it up on the live stream would think that it was supposed to be a lot more than what we're getting.

Fiancee
05-17-2013, 02:10 AM
The advertisements of the transmedia experience and how they hyped it up on the live stream would think that it was supposed to be a lot more than what we're getting.

No, 5 dlcs was the main thing.

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 02:11 AM
No, 5 dlcs was the main thing.

Go back and look at the live streams and the previous dev diaries and advertisements. The DLC wasn't even talked about until recently. The main thing was the transmedia experience that they aren't delivering on.

XxBIGWOODxX
05-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Yes this was the first actual tv tie in content(the other stuff they "added" doesn't count at all, achievements are not content) that they advertised and hyped up and yes it was lackluster compared to the previous prelude missions. As for being thrown in there, who knows. The way they argued the continuity with the show for pulling the previous episode content, and their advertisements and live stream hyping, one would've assumed that they had these missions lined up ahead of time and there would've been more to them.

However, that doesn't mean it was all bad. The bunker and the AI was really stepped up. They just need to work on keeping that and flesh out the story side. NO MORE DATA RECORDERS. It's lazy and impersonal and just tossing them in random locations is even more lazy.

As for being easy, this content was actually noticeably more difficult than most of the content in the game.

Agreed wholeheartedly :)

DaMaJaDiZ
05-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Of course not. I am Eric Northman, I hail from Íland and you will bow before your king.

Are you the king? What happened to Bill? I really can't keep up. I'll be honest, I'm not really into the Vamp/Wolfie love triangle, fangs before dawn thing. That slack jawed broad kind of ruined it for a lot of us.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Go back and look at the live streams and the previous dev diaries and advertisements. The DLC wasn't even talked about until recently. The main thing was the transmedia experience that they aren't delivering on.

This is truth.

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Are you the king? What happened to Bill? I really can't keep up. I'll be honest, I'm not really into the Vamp/Wolfie love triangle, fangs before dawn thing. That slack jawed broad kind of ruined it for a lot of us.

Billith is kind of crazy right now.... he needs some true blood prozac.

PitBull76
05-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Being that it is still early in the grand scheme of what they are trying to do with this game and the fact they are just weekly episode missions, I can't imagine that they will be all that difficult or lengthy. If they add too much content then the people who have limited play time will complain that they couldn't finish them and people would start asking why they have to pay for DLC when they can get just as much free content from the weekly missions. I can't imagine that it is an easy balancing act. Just be glad that they add a little bit at frequent intervals even if it isn't the hardest or most in depth. They could do what all other MMO's do and make us wait a whole year for one big expansion and then give nothing in between.

As far as the tie-ins with the show go, it is fairly understandable that the first season would have limited numbers of them. Not knowing how the game will sell, not knowing how the show will do, and having to film the first season before game launch makes it harder to do. I'm sure season two will have more content in the game that ties-in with the show.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Billith is kind of crazy right now.... he needs some true blood prozac.

Well, good luck with those horny fairies and crazy *** cracked out vamps. I was pulling for you to be Loki in those Marvel do-dads, Alexander. You coulda been a contender!

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 02:44 AM
Being that it is still early in the grand scheme of what they are trying to do with this game and the fact they are just weekly episode missions, I can't imagine that they will be all that difficult or lengthy.

Weekly episode missions? that's what they implied with the dev diaries, advertisements and live streams, however we did not receive an actual episode mission until episode 5,almost a month and a half after the game started. What we did get is achievements(pursuits) every two weeks masquerading as content and labeled as episodes. It was a classic case of bait and switch and they had no qualms about perpetuating that hype.

If they add too much content then the people who have limited play time will complain that they couldn't finish them and people would start asking why they have to pay for DLC when they can get just as much free content from the weekly missions.Yeah, that's never going to happen. The content is far too limited for anyone to ever have to worry about not finishing anything.

As far as the tie-ins with the show go, it is fairly understandable that the first season would have limited numbers of them. Not knowing how the game will sell, not knowing how the show will do, and having to film the first season before game launch makes it harder to do. I'm sure season two will have more content in the game that ties-in with the show.Actually, no, it's not fairly understandable that the first season would have a limited number of episode missions. It's understandable that the game wouldn't affect the show because it's already been filmed ( so that part of the transmedia hyped is easy to ignore)

However, there is no reason why the tv shouldn't reflect more into the game. The content is already there, which was obvious since there was no download for the first episode mission we got, it was activated earlier in the day before the episode even aired (which is a break in continuity in itself)

So it's obvious at this point that they've already got the content available for that part of the game and all they have to do is activate it. And how they hyped it up and explained it and advertised it, it feels like they aren't holding up their end of the bargain.