PDA

View Full Version : Why were Kerry fragments removed altogether?

ctabako
05-17-2013, 03:30 AM
They were supposed to be part of the road side emergency rewards. Quite frankly I felt that sounded like a great balance and promoted doing the emergencies more. Can they get added back in, or can we at least get an answer to why they were removed?

Arsenic_Touch
05-17-2013, 03:32 AM
No idea. They were never in game during the beta or at launch, why they left that section in the UI was confusing, then they ninja removed it without a single word about any of it. Wouldn't expect any word about it now.

mbergeron
05-17-2013, 03:34 AM
They were shown as part of the game during the first couple weeks, but the actual keycodes were being given and when they patched it they just removed the fragment altogether without saying anything about it. Would be nice to get some answers on this.

4ndreas
05-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Wouldn't expect any word about it now.

It's quite simple actually: Keys (not kerrys OP how the **** did you manage that typo in your headline?!?) now are defacto the same as fragments. Before you had to get 8 fragments to form a whole key to buy a Lockbox of the lowest tier now the lockboxes are still a number of keys divisible by 8, so nothings really changed except for the name.

mbergeron
05-17-2013, 03:43 AM
It's quite simple actually: Keys (not kerrys OP how the **** did you manage that typo in your headline?!?) now are defacto the same as fragments. Before you had to get 8 fragments to form a whole key to buy a Lockbox of the lowest tier now the lockboxes are still a number of keys divisible by 8, so nothings really changed except for the name.

The problem is that key fragments were never in the game to be earned. The normal keycodes themselves were the reward for the emergencies and when they took them out of the emergencies they removed the key fragment portion altogether without saying anything about if they will return them to the game or not.

Durva360
05-17-2013, 04:41 AM
No idea. They were never in game during the beta or at launch, why they left that section in the UI was confusing, then they ninja removed it without a single word about any of it. Wouldn't expect any word about it now.

These were in the Xbox beta but sucks they removed this feature.

ctabako
05-17-2013, 06:16 AM

My phone auto corrected it and I didn't catch it. Also the game was supposed to have both the fragments and the keys. When some roadside emergencies were giving keys out like plus three then plus one (for a total of four) I assumed what was happening was the code was faulty and it gave out full keys by accident when it was supposed to give fragments and then awarded the extra key as if you had just added up a bunch of fragments to make a full one.